Chapter 17 - Before It's Too Late...

Coke

"Are you knocking or should I knock?" I asked.

"Will you wait? I'm trying to think what to say to Kai here…" Baekhyun ruffled his hair frustratingly.

I waited for a few seconds and then asked again, "Will you knock or should?"

"Ugh!" He shook his body, breathed heavily and finally knocked on Kai's door. "Kai, are you in there? I have something to talk to you about?"

"What is it, Hyung?"

We heard Kai's voice. I quickly turned to see him standing behind us with Chanyeol. However, Baekhyun didn't turn, instead he continued speaking to the door.

"Wow…These doors are legit thin…They should've made it soundproof…Anyway, can you come out?"

I rolled my eyes and tapped his shoulder. He slapped my hand away. "Kai! Come out dammit! I'm already sweating like hell--"

"Hyung, I'm right here--"

"Baek, did you not get sleep last night?" Chanyeol asked and like a bullet, Baekhyun turned around.

"Oh…"He blurted anxiously. "You're here…"

"Yeah, I was in Chanyeol Hyung's room. So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Um…Yeah, about that…" Baekhyun chuckled nervously.

I have to leave Baekhyun and Kai alone or else he won't be able to talk properly…

"Chanyeol, let's prank D.O." I swiftly grabbed his wrist and dragged him inside Kai's room.

"Wait, Luhan Hyung--" Kai was about to enter as well, but I immediately closed the door and locked it.

"What? No, Kyungsoo's gonna kill me if I prank him again!" Chanyeol said.

I walked toward him. "We are not pranking anyone."

"Eh? Then why did you say--"

"Chanyeol, shut up and listen to me now."

I told Chanyeol about the misunderstanding, and about how Baek and Ari are now going to marry after a month.

After my little narration, I looked at Chanyeol and his mouth was agape in confusion and shock.

He didn't speak anything for a while. He just stared at me as if I was the one who told Baekhyun to marry Ari.

Eventually, I got irritated and snapped my fingers in front of his face. He got back to his senses and grabbed both my shoulders. "What?!"

"What?!" We heard Kai scream from the other side of the door.

I gasped. "Baekhyun told him…"

"Oh my gosh! What?!" Chanyeol shook me fervently.

"But it’s not fair!" Kai screamed. We couldn't hear what Baekhyun was telling.

"This is bad…You know how scary Kai's anger is right?!" Chanyeol kept shaking me.

"Hyung, do the others know?" Kai asked, rage evident in his tone.

For some reason, I was proud of Baekhyun because it actually takes some guts to tell someone's boyfriend that he is marrying his girlfriend…

There was a bang on the door. Chanyeol and I froze in startle. An awkward silence followed soon.

"What happened…" Chanyeol asked. "Did he kill Baek?"

"Uh, hopefully he didn't." I pushed away Chanyeol's hand from my shoulders and walked toward the door. I was about to open it when just then, the door opened itself.

Baekhyun stood there in a daze. His face seemed a bit exhausted. He let out a sigh and walked past me.

"So?" I asked, turning to him.

He turned toward me and smiled dumbly.

"What's with that smile?" I asked. "Did you tell him?"

"Yeah," He scratched his head. "I told him."

"And what did you tell him?" Chanyeol asked skeptically.

Baekhyun gulped. "That the photoshoot is not in the evening but in an hour…"

"What?!" Me and Chanyeol blurted together.

"I couldn't tell him, alright! Kai makes it so difficult!"

"Baekhyun, you HAVE to tell Kai before it’s too late! You don't have much time." I insisted.

"I know, I know…"

"I knew Baek wouldn't be able to say anything to Kai. He saw Kai's anger too, didn't you, Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun shuddered. "I don't want to think about it…"

"Why?" I asked. "Is it that bad?"

"That bad?" Chanyeol scoffed, but his expression suddenly turned taut. "It's the worst I have known."

"What did he even do?"

Baekhyun was about to say something when unexpectedly, Manager Hyung barged inside the room. "So you guys are here. Don't you have time sense? There's a van waiting for you to take you to the photoshoot. Quick," He snapped his fingers. "Before I leave you three here to rot."

"Gee, Hyung…You seem in a bad mood today…" Baekhyun mumbled, marching past the Manager.

"And it’s all thanks to you!" He screamed.

"Hyung, calm the heck down." Chanyeol patted his shoulders and followed Baekhyun.

"Do I need to give you a special invitation now?" Hyung asked me and I quickly shook my head before following Chanyeol to the van.

There were two vans, one belonged to EXO K, while the other belonged to EXO M.

"Chanyeol," I called out softly and he looked back at me. I motioned him to come closer and he did. "Make sure Baekhyun and Kai sit together at the back and force him to tell the matter before we reach the photoshoot."

"Leave that to me, Hyung." Chanyeol nodded and jogged to the van before Kai and Baekhyun could sit inside. He told them something and Baekhyun turned a bit nervous which meant that Chanyeol must have done what he was told to do. Kai nodded and got inside. Baekhyun slapped Chanyeol's shoulders, gritted his teeth, ruffled his hair, breathed a few times and then finally got in as well.

"Luhan Hyung!" Tao yelled from inside the van. "Come on!"

"Coming!" I yelled back. Chanyeol then waved at me. I waved back and we got inside our vans.

I just hope Baekhyun says it this time…