Chapter 13 - I love my Unnie

Coke

"I know." Unnie said impassively.

 

"What?" I frowned. I felt a bit disappointed since she didn't smile or even get up from her bed excitedly. She took my energy away and I hate her for that. "How did you know?"

 

"Instagram."

 

I groaned. "So now you know, what are you still waiting for?"

 

"For what?"

 

I furiously crossed my arms. "Aren't you going to talk to mom about me and Kai?"

 

"I will."

 

"When?!" I yelled.

 

"Have patience."

 

"Unnie, if you don't convince mom in two days, then we're breaking up!" I left her room and closed the door loudly behind me.

 

"OI, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU GUYS TO NOT CLOSE THE DOORS SO LOUDLY!" Mom yelled from below.

 

"SORRY MOM!" I went back to my room, slumped on my bed and just stared at Kai's message for a few hours…I actually had no idea that it was dinner time already until Mom knocked on the door and told me that dinner was ready.

 

***

 

The next night, me, Unnie and mom were in the living room watching The Walking Dead. We were close to finishing the episode when I looked at Unnie and gestured her withbmy eyes to talk to mom.

 

She rolled her eyes and tossed a popcorn in .

 

I was getting so angry at her for not doing her task which she was told to, but I couldn't show my anger in front of mom. It was so frustrating!

 

Eventually, the episode was over and eventually, mom was feeling sleepy. So she told us goodnight and headed to her room.

 

I quickly threw the cushion at Unnie and motioned her to go behind mom. She placed the bowl of now empty popcorn aside, got up, ruffled my hair and dahsed behind mom.

 

I sat there on the couch patiently and with a beating heart while Unnie was in mom's room, telling her all about Kai...

 

I was nervous, thirsty and scared as hell because I seriously have no idea what mom would say or think…I was frightened of the consequences and as far as I know about mom, she won't agree to this relationship.

 

I think I'm going to cry…

And maybe if I wait any longer,

I might die.

 

***

Two hours later.

 

Unnie came to the living room with an expressionless face.

I jumped out of the couch and was about to ask her how it went when I suddenly saw mom approaching me with the same face as Unnie's.

 

My body stiffened and my heart was beating rapidly.

I immediately prayed that everything was in the positive.

I prayed and I kept on praying until mom finally spoke.

 

"Okay," She breathed. "I'll meet this Kai guy."

 

***

 

Later that night.

 

"Ari, if you're done hugging me, can you go back to your room? I'm sleepy…" Unnie said but heck, I wasn't going to leave her so quickly. I hugged her even tighter and gifted her with a few deep kisses on her cheeks.

 

She grossed out but I didn't care.

"I love you!" I squeezed her.

 

"Okay, I understand!" She said breathlessly.

 

I eventually pulled out of the hug. "What did you tell mom?"

 

"The facts."

 

"What facts?" I asked excitedly.

 

"The facts, Ari. Don't irritate me now. Mom said she will meet Kai so now let's hope for the best."

 

"Yeah…" I grinned and covered my face shyly. "I can't wait for mon to see Kai and for Kai to meet mom! I think she will like him…"

 

"I think so too." Unnie smiled.

 

I smiled back and gave one last kiss to her before finally waving her a goodnight. She seemed so relieved when I left her room…That's because she has no idea how happy and grateful I am to her! Without her, mom wouldn't even have known Kai and I would've married Cecil because I have no guts to tell her that I love a Korean and who is also an Idol and who confessed him love to me before I did…

 

I really love my Unnie…Maybe I should bake her favorite cake tomorrow, or buy her a new pair of jeans.

 

***