Chapter 16 - Misunderstanding

Coke

The alarm woke me up as usual, but I was still sleepy since I slept a little late last night. I was too excited about the whole "Mom finally met Kai and all the more she liked him" thing and because I couldn't sleep, I ended up watching all of Kai's dances, shows and drama's….

Anyway, if I oversleep, mom will definitely get mad. Eventually, I got up, brushed my teeth and headed straight to kitchen to feed my growling stomach.

However, I froze in the middle of the hallway when I noticed Luhan and Baekhyun at the dining table.

"Eh? Lu--han--Baekhyun...What are you...?" I frowned in disbelief.

Luhan shrugged.

"Uh," Baekhyun chuckled nervously. "Strangely, your mom called me and told me to come, so I dragged Hyung with me."

"What?" I walked towards them. "Why? And how did she even know your number?"

"She asked me yesterday and I couldn't say no, and I don't know why, but she also took my mom's number…"

I glanced at Luhan confusedly. "But why did she take YOUR and YOUR mom's number…"

I don't understand...

Baekhyun shrugged as well. He was about to say something when suddenly, mom voiced from behind me. "Sorry to keep you waiting my dear." She stood beside me.

"Its okay, Aunty," Baekhyun smiled.

"So, should I talk to your parents now?" She asked.

I shot a perplexed look at her.

"Uh…?" Baekhyun frowned. Luhan seemed to be as confused as me too. "About what Aunty?"

"About your and Ari's marriage, of course."

"EH?!" I unconsciously shrieked. "Mom, what are you saying?"

"Ari, why are you yelling?" She asked softly and rubbed her forehead. "I'm a having a severe headache so will you please lower your voice."

"But mom, why will you talk to his mom about my and Kai's marriage?" I asked incredulously.

However, I don't know if she ignored me or didn't hear me, she had already dialed Baekhyun's mom number.

"Mom! Listen to me!" I yelled. "Baekhyun say something!"

"Shh!" Mom shushed me and hastened towards the living room. "Hello?"

"What the--" I pushed back my hair and looked at Luhan and Baekhyun who turned into stone with muddled faces.

"Baekhyun, go and stop her!" I said.

Luhan then got to his senses as well and punched Baek's shoulder. "Go before your marriage is arranged with Ari!"

Baekhyun nodded hesitantly and jumped from his seat. He ran to the living room, following mom's footsteps and vanished from sight.

"This is crazy…" I sighed.

"I think she misunderstood Baekhyun for Kai…" Luhan guessed.

"How could she? They don't even look alike!"

"Actually, they do…Just a little…"

I breathed softly and plopped down on the chair while looking back at the entrance of the kitchen; hoping to see Baekhyun come and tell me that everything was fine.

"Don't worry Ari, Baekhyun will set this."

I drummed my fingers on the table and shook my legs restlessly, but I couldn't sit for another second while knowing that mom was now on the phone with Baekhyun's mom and talking about OUR marriage!

I was about to rush out the kitchen, when unexpectedly, I bumped into Baekhyun. He was about to fall back, but I quickly caught a hold of sleeve and stopped him from falling.

He gained his balance and thanked me dazedly.

"So?" I asked, ignoring his thank you. "What happened?"

He blinked a few times, rubbed his nape and tilted his head with a face that read, "Actually…We are now getting married next month."