When a fan stalks you (Jimin)

BTS One Shots

Gazing into his eyes you wondered what he saw when he looked at you like this. With that lazy smile lingering around his lips, the bright flame lighting up his entire face. Blinking slowly you reminded yourself of the fact that you weren’t alone, and that there were several people glancing at you as they passed by your table. Clearing your throat you tried to hide the fact that you were flustered by grabbing your napkin and slightly pressing it against your lips. Yet, the man across of you grinned, and you could tell that he knew. “Would you like some more wine?” He asked politely, being the gentleman he was. Yet, you softly shook your head, sensing the way it caused your hair to bounce around your cheeks. Even though you weren’t one to quickly turn down a sweet drink, you could tell that you’d had enough. “I’m fine. Anything more and you might as well roll me out of here by the time we leave.” You said, hearing the way he chuckled softly because of your comment. Slowly he lifted his hand and combed his fingers through his hair before lowering them towards yours where your hand rested near the middle of the table.


“I’m so glad we were able to do this. It’s been way too long.” Jimin stated, his thumb calmly caressing your knuckles, causing your nerves to hum pleasantly. He was right, it had been way too long since the two of you had gone on a proper date. With his promotions coming up and your book coming out in less than two weeks, life had been keeping the both of you busy and away from each other. But at last you had found a little space in your crowded agenda and you had been able to plan this little dinner in a cosy restaurant at the edge of the city. When you’d been getting ready a part of you had believed that he would call you with the news he wouldn’t be able to come, that something had popped up and the two of you would have to reschedule. It wouldn’t have been the first time. It seemed as if a small part of you had already prepared itself for disappointment. Yet, here you were, and so far everything was going according to plan. “Well, I guess you can say you made up for it tonight.” You muttered, sending him a soft smile. You hated it when he felt guilty about not being able to spend much time with you, while you were almost just as busy as he was. That was just how he was, always taking the blame, even though sometimes it simply couldn’t be helped. 


While cherishing the way his hand warmed yours you let your eyes scan around the room. You didn’t know these people, but somehow you knew that most of them did know you. And not just because your boyfriend was a member of one of the most popular boybands in the world, but some might actually know you for your own success. When you’d been a child you had loved to write those small little stories about animals that could talk or friends who broke each other’s toys. You’d never imaged that now, as a grown up, you would be able to use your love for writing and storytelling as your own benefit. You still remembered the day you’d brought out your first novel, when you’d thought that all your efforts had been a waste because you’d strongly believed that no one would ever make the time to read the crap you created. Yet, a few years later you had sold millions of copies of your first trilogy and you were about to release another one for the young adult public. To say that you were excited was the least you could say. Yet, you were also scared, afraid that you wouldn’t be able to reach up to the same expectations, that your book wouldn’t be as good as the ones you had previously brought out. “I need to use the bathroom for a second. I’ll be right back.” Jimin suddenly muttered, and you batted your lashes at him in surprise as you tried to  get back towards the present.


Quickly you shot him a smile and you watched him as he shoved back his chair and stood up. Immediately several heads turned in your direction, but he mastered in ignoring the pointy stared as he marched through the room and went in search for the bathroom. Heaving a deep sigh you leaned back against the back of your chair, gazing at the empty spot he had just left behind. You felt very happy that you were able to be here with a guy like him. Jimin had always treated you like a queen, had always made sure that you felt safe and loved even if he wasn’t around. Somehow it was almost as if he was trying to prove that he loved you more than you would ever be able to love him, but you knew that couldn’t be true. When you had first met him, you hadn’t fallen head over heels for him like everyone thought. It was after he had shown you how much effort and work he was willing to put in your relationship, how much he was willing to do to win your love, that you had started to really like him. He’d once told you about how he had finished one of your books in one day, and then he had come to you to tell you all the things he’d liked about it. 


The thing was that you loved Jimin because of everything he had done for you and all the things he made you feel. Not every single one of your friends believed that your relationship with the idol could succeed and your parents wouldn’t tell but you knew they were scared you would end up getting hurt. But a long time had passed by now, and you were still as happy as you had been when this had all started. Sighing softly you wrapped your fingers around your almost empty glass of wine. Perhaps if the two of you just went home right now the two of you would be able to continue this wonderful night at home. You tried to keep in your mischievous smile as your mind wandered to all of the things the two of you could do together. As soon as the seat in front of you was occupied again you quickly lowered your glass, before pointing your eyes on the person across of you and tempting to share your ideas. Yet, the words died away on top of your tongue as you realized that the man seated in front of you was not Jimin. You tried to keep your facial expressions in check as you thought of what to say. You had never seen this guy before, yet, he stared at you as if he knew evert single little detail of you. There was something about the look on his face that caused all the hairs on top of your arms to stand up straight. “Can I help you?” You asked, trying to keep your voice airy and neutral while curling your lips into a polite smile.


The last thing you wanted was to make a scene in the middle of a restaurant. You didn’t need the reputation of a woman who wouldn’t at least try to be nice as you came across a stranger, even if it was during a weird situation like this. No one payed any attention to your table. The couples around you were too busy minding their own business and the waiters didn’t seem to have realized that the person sitting in front of you wasn’t the same as before. They were kept busy by the other costumers by being asked to refill wine and water, by bringing several plates of delicious looking foods towards tables all around the room. “I knew you would be here tonight! I thought I might not eve get the chance to talk to you…But it seems like he finally left.” The guy in front of you said, his voice greedy as he planted his elbows on top of the table cloth and leaned his chin inside of his hands. His penetrating stare never left you and you shifted on you chair uncomfortably as you tried to figure out what he meant. The fact that he knew exactly where you would be tonight and who you would be with scared you much worse than you would have thought possible. As an author you weren’t usually one who was followed by paparazzi or tracked by fans. Your fandom usually consisted out of introvert readers and you had never once complained about that before.
 

“I don’t think I know what you mean.” You muttered and you could tell the answer didn’t quite please him. A deep frown appeared on his forehead as his eyebrows moved towards each other. You got the feeling he was an extremely scare person when he got mad. Yet his frustration seemed to disappear as quickly as it had shown and he smiled at you once more. Still, this didn’t make you feel any better. “That’s alright, I’ll explain.” He said, loosening one of his hands and shoving it towards the middle of the surface as if he was expecting you to do the same and reach him half way. For a second you stared at his fingers, the way they seemed to be waiting, expecting. Then you ripped your eyes away and gazed back into his face, bewildered. If he was annoyed because of your ignorance, he was very well at hiding it. “I’ve always known he wasn’t right for you _____________. Your stories, I’ve been reading them for years now and I just know that the characters you are describing, it’s us!” His voice had dropped and was a whisper by now, so that you were the only one able to hear his crazy assumptions. Instantly your heartbeat picked up and your eyes searched frantically for someone else’s, anyone, as long as they would be able to get this person away from you. This wasn’t the first one someone had felt connected with your writings. Even so, it was exactly that connection which caused your books to be such a success. But there were people who got in too deep, who actually believed that you had written a book about them instead of about some made up person who had been living inside of your head until you had found the courage to write it all down.


Though here was someone, completely convinced that you had written down his life, his story. “I’m sorry but those characters aren’t real. I made them up, they’re a part of my imagination.” You explained, hoping to keep your voice steady and trying not to said as if you were trying to make him look like a fool. You were grateful that he enjoyed your books, but that was all this was. You almost missed the first sign, the spark of furry which flickered inside of his eyes. His flat hand slapped down on top of the table and by now the conversations which were held around you fell silent as everyone looked at the two of you. You flinched and pressed yourself against the back of your chair, not sure if you were supposed to get up and try to get away or remain as still as possible. “Don’t lie! He screeched and before you could comprehend what was happening, he’d gotten up, grabbed hold of one of the knives which was on the table and had knocked over your wineglass while trying to get to you. Several people drew in their breaths as he stilled in front of you, the knife pointing straight at your chest. With a dry mouth you tried to think of what your chances were. Perhaps you could try to get away, maybe he wouldn’t dare to actually stab you. Yet, a part of you didn’t dare put your faith in that one thought, in case you might be wrong. He had proven to be unpredictable and dangerous before, you had no idea what his reaction might be. 
 

“Put down the knife! I’ve called the police!” A woman suddenly shouted from behind the bar, and even though she didn’t look very brave, she was indeed holding a phone in hand as a prove. Several things seemed to happen at once. Suddenly your eye fell on Jimin, who had apparently just gotten back from the bathroom and who was taking in the scene in front of you. The man in front of you shouted in rage, making you whimper, though he dropped the knife before rushing out of the restaurant. You were just in time to see the last bit of him disappear through the doorway before all of a sudden someone crouched down in front of your chair. “Are you okay?” Jimin asked, looking puzzled but worried as he grabbed hold of your quivering hands. You wondered what he saw when he looked at you, how disheveled you looked. Your heart was still beating fast inside of your chest, and now that the adrenaline seemed to be fading out of your system, everything which had happened finally seemed to sink in. Someone had threatened you, someone had actually pointed a knife at you and had thought about using it on you. The only thing you had meant to do by writing your books was give people a place to escape, a story they could get lost in. It seemed as if some took that quite literally.


You hadn’t even noticed you had started crying until Jimin quickly got up from his crouched position and hit his arms around you in a tight hug. His hold around you was careful, but strong as he brushed his hand down your hair, trying to calm you. All the plans you had made for tonight had drifted from your mind, you knew there was no way you would ever be able to put yourself over this within the next few hours. “It’s over. I’m so sorry I left you, I had no idea.” He muttered softly, your arms up and down while looking you in the eye. He seemed worried, and sadness was dripping from his expression. Even through all of this, a small smile was able to settle around your lips. None of this was his fault, yet he still apologized. Taking a deep breath you forced yourself to get up and even though your legs were trembling, you managed to push your shoulders back. “I just want to go home.” You muttered, knowing that he would understand. In a matter of seconds he had wrapped his arm around your shoulders and he was guiding you out of the restaurant. You knew as long as he was here nothing would happen to you, and you were safe.