When you cut yourself

BTS One Shots

Jin

He called another time, slightly worried as he got to listen to your voice mail another time around. Something wasn’t right. He had noticed some changes in your behavior the past few weeks, being more silent than you usually were, more introvert. You wouldn’t talk about how your days had been like you had done in the past, seemed to lock him out of things. You’d been distant, keeping him at an arm length away, and it concerned him. At first he’d thought that it might be stress. The new school year had only started a while ago and you were already struggling to keep track of your schedule. He thought that if he might give you the time you needed to adjust and to get used to everything, you’d be fine. But now you were two weeks further and things had only seemed to have gotten worse. He knew he had to do something, so that you’d feel better and you would feel less distressed by everything that was going on. “Hey, I’ll be leaving for a bit. The food’s in the fridge, you just need to warm it up.” He told Taehyung, who was sitting on the couch, writing away in some kind of notebook. The younger boy looked up before nodding and smiling, already figuring out where his journey would be taking him. “Tell ______________ I said hi.” With those words Jin left the dorms, to make his way over to your apartment. 


As soon as he got there he knew something was off. The lights were supposed to be on by now, knowing that you didn’t like to be sitting around in the dark and it was much too early for you to be asleep. Grabbing his spare key he jammed it inside of the lock, twisting it and letting himself in. Entering the dark hallway he immediately got overtaken by the silence that was pressing down all over the house. “______________?” He called out for you, though the only sound that returned to him was the echo of his own voice against the stone walls. Something was wrong, his gut was telling him so. Not wasting any time he shuffled through the house, his eyes scanning through the dark until his hand finally found the light switch. He had to squeeze his eyes shut against the brightness that suddenly popped in front of his eyes. He was just about to make his way towards the staircase to check if you had already decided to go to bed anyway when he noticed a heap laying on top of the kitchen floor. It took him a few seconds before he figured out that the pile was supposed to be resembling you. Panic rushed through him when his feet carried him over to you as fast as they could. “Oh my god…” A gasp left his lips when he noticed all the blood that was covering the tiles, agony filling him when he realized that it was coming from you. 


Muttering your name over and over to you he scrambled over, not caring that his hands got all dirty and stained. He tried not to think too much about the owner of the fluid, and especially not of the state you were in. What the hell had happened to you? Turning you over slowly, afraid that if he would move you he would only make things even worse, he let his eyes scan over you, looking for serious injuries. He noted the small cuts on the inside of your wrist, at first sight they didn’t seem like anything major, but they were deeper than they showed to be. Several kinds of thoughts rang through his mind, the things that could have caused this. But deep inside he knew, and sadness settled itself inside of his bones, thinking you had done this to yourself. Guilt came over him, knowing that he hadn’t done anything to stop this from happening. Even though he had noticed that something was wrong with you he hadn’t stepped up, because he’d been thinking you’d be able to solve this on your own. Why had he been such an idiot? He should never have let it come this far. Knowing that he couldn’t loose himself right now he cradled you against his chest, shaking your unconscious from from left to right, trying to ignore the way his hands were shaking. If he’d loose his then he wouldn’t be able to help you, which was his number one priority from now on. 


RM

Knowing you’d been going though a hard time these past couple of days he simply wanted to get home soon today. You’d sent him the messages you had been receiving these past few days and he had read a few more of them which were spread all over your social media. He didn’t understand. The two of you had been dating for a while, but things had never blown up into these proportions before. Anyway, he had sent them all to his company and hoped that the owners of the messages would get seriously punished for what they’d done. He hated this. He was fine with him getting those terrible and sometimes threatening comments thrown at him, after all he knew what he’d been up for when getting into the industry. But he’d grown stronger out of them, hadn’t let them pull him under. What he couldn’t accept was that the people he cared about, the people he loved, would have to go through these things. You didn’t deserve being scolded like that, by some strangers who didn’t know how amazing you were. He couldn’t just stand close and watch all of it happen right in front of him. It hurt him to see his fans hurt you, and he wanted to end all of it. Yet, he knew it wasn’t that easy. You’d get hate as long as you were dating him, and he’d made sure to tell you about those kinds of facts when the two of you had started dating. 


He’d wanted to be honest with you and hadn’t wanted you to walk into this blindly. But you had been very understanding and so far you had never made a problem of all the brutal things that were being said about you, but enough was enough. So now Namjoon was on his way home, planning to make sure the two of you would have a great and relaxing night so you wouldn’t have to think about all the stuff that was going on online. Tonight would be about the two of you and nothing else. He would switch off your phones, make sure the two of you were comfortable on the couch and then he would have a clear and open conversation with you about everything that had happened. He wanted you to poor out your heart to him, to tell him how you were feeling so you would know that you weren’t in this by yourself. He would always have your back, no matter how bad things got. After parking his car in your driveway he quickly made his way into your apartment. No matter how ty this situation was, he was still excited to see you, to hug you. He hissed when his knee bumped against the door, and rubbed it through his jeans before emerging inside. “Babe.” He sang in a high pitched and playfully off key tone, dropping his car keys on the side table in the hallway before making his way into the living room. Though as soon as he walked in, the smile on his face faltered. 


He spotted your frame spread over the couch, but he couldn’t look past the puffiness of your face, the strains left behind by hours of crying. His heart fell because of the thought that while he had been at work, you’d been here all by yourself bawling your eyes out. Silently, hoping not to stir you or wake you up, he got over to you. Frowning he looked down, spotting some sort of liquid dripping down your arm. Confused he reached forward, turning your hand over so he’d be able to take a better look. It was only then that all the missing pieces of the puzzle fell into place. Immediately he reached out for his phone, dialing the number of the emergency services. You weren’t sleeping at all, you were unconscious. While taking deep breaths he tried to explain the situation to the woman on the other side of the phone. He ran around the house to grab something he could use to stop the blood that ran freely out of the cuts on your arm. Quietly he lowered himself next to you on the couch, brushing your hair out of your face before hanging up the phone and waiting for the ambulance to arrive. Somehow he couldn’t bring himself to be angry with you. He was disappointed in the people who were supposed to support him, but who had caused his girlfriend to get down this dark and lonely road. He leaned forward to press a kiss against your temple, planning on having a serious conversation with you as soon as you woke up. 


Suga

He was in possession of a wide smile as he thanked his friends for driving him over. He closed the door of the passenger seat and watched the car drive away, knowing that s were now heading to their dorm to spend the night gaming, watching TV, writing lyrics and composing songs. Normally he would be one of them, working the hours away until he fell asleep in front of his computer. There weren’t many things in this world he loved more than making music, but you were the one of the only people in his life who came closest to it. For as long as he could remember he had tried to keep people at an arm length away from himself, thinking that the only reason why they became a part of his life was to hurt him and to walk out of it in the end. For a very long time s had been the only ones who had been allowed inside of his heart. But when he had met you he’d soon figured that you were different. You hadn’t tried to take possession of his life, had understood the passion he felt towards music. You knew that he would always put his work first, but that that didn’t mean he loved you any less. Spending time with you made him happy and you were someone he could poor out his heart to. You were able to handle his temper, calming him down when he was getting fed up with something and putting him in his place when he threatened to cross a line. 


s often accused him of the fact that you were the boss in this relationship, but he knew that wasn’t true. He would never let anyone try to take over his life and you would never try to boss him around. You just knew when he needed to be left alone or when you needed to be harsh on him and he loved you for it. Their schedule had been hard on them during the past few weeks, making it almost impossible for him to see you. But tonight he had demanded to get a night off, feeling bad for neglecting you. He could already imagine the smile that would travel onto your face when he would enter the house. Of course he hadn’t told you he was coming, wanting for it to be a surprise. Even though he wasn’t well known for being romantic and doing special things for you, he still managed to blow you away sometimes. It was something he loved, the look you’d give him when he did something totally unexpected. He made his way into the house, bowing down to take off his shoes and hanging his jacket on the coat rack. The smell inside of the apartment was so familiar. He knew that once he was here it would be hard for him to leave in the morning. If there was one thing he liked to do then it was spend it days indoors, not having too many people around. He snickered softly as he heard the sound of the TV playing in the background. You were spending your time peacefully, having no idea that he was here. 


Lazily he walked into the room, ready to see your surprised eyes gazing up at him. But it all didn’t go the way he had expected it to. Instead he was the one who got the shock of his life when he found you passed out on the carpet. He froze, not sure what to do. Was it safe to touch you, to move you? What if you’d hit something and you had fallen, what if you had a concussion or something? But then he noticed the red marks on the mat and everything fell into place. Disappointed and anger crashed into him in big waves, threatening to drown him. He tried to keep it in as he called for an ambulance, wanting someone to get here as past as possible and not accepting any less. Though as soon as he hung up he lost it, kicking his feet against a small side table that stood a little further away from him. The statue that had been standing on top of it swirled before it fell towards the ground, a loud crash echoing through the silent apartment. “!” He shouted, punching the air and pulling his hair. His heart was still racing inside of his chest when he lowered himself on the floor beside you, his head in his hands. All of this was his fault, he hadn’t been home for so long, who knew what had been going through your head when you did this. Fire blazed in his eyes when he grabbed a hold of your hand, crushing your small fingers inside of his. He knew what it was like to feel all alone and to feel as if you’d hit the bottom and not being able to get back up. He would do anything he could to make sure you would never have to go through that again. 


J Hope

He was sure you’d forgotten about tonight. You hadn’t texted him during the day to remind him of the time he should arrive at your place. There had been no more exchange of information. That was how he knew that whatever you were doing right now, it surely didn’t have anything to do with your anniversary. It was nothing special, today the two of you would be together for eight months and Hoseok was over the moon about it. Even though it wasn’t a special date, he was planning to turn it into one. He’d gone past the florist to find the most beautiful bouquet composed by your favorite flowers. To be honest he was looking forward to see the look on your face when he walked in and you would realize that you had forgotten. He would tease you with this forever. Because of the big amount of flowers in his arms he could barely see where he was going, but he still managed to make his way towards your apartment, immediately walking around towards the garden to find the back door. It would be the ultimate surprise, him showing up in the middle of your living room like this. He had the whole night planned. First he would give you your present and laugh at you because you had forgotten. Then the two of you would get cosy on the couch and he would make sure that you got remembered of how much he loved you. At last he would snuggle up against you and the two of you would watch your favorite movie together. 


It was going to be perfect. The only thing he was worrying about was how he would overcome this during your first year anniversary. The last thing he wanted was for you to be disappointed when things actually got important. Yet, he was already amazed that you had been able to stick up with him for so long. Putting one step in front of the other, being careful not to trip over his own feet and crushing the roses in the process he shuffled forward, making sure not to miss a single step. Quietly he used his elbow to open the door, which was a lot easier said than done. He missed it a few times and he was afraid that the sound would alarm you and you would come after him with the baseball bat he knew you kept by your bed at night. Though he was surprised that when he came in, there was no movement at all. It left him dumbfounded for a second and if his hands wouldn’t have been full he would have taken out his phone to check if you had texted him about not being home tonight. Unwillingly his mood dropped a little, the thought of his surprise being ruined making him a little gloomy. He’d put so much effort in it and he would hate it if it had all been for nothing. Now he knew what you’d been feeling that night when you had set up a date for the two of you and he hadn’t shown up. Instead he had been practicing his dance moves at BigHit. The look inside of your eyes had been murderous. It was only now that he understood that feeling. 


“She wouldn’t do that. She would never set me up like that…” He muttered to himself, hearing his own voice echo against the walls. But when his feet hit against something he yelped, cursing when he felt the flowers slip from his grip and scattering all over the floor. He had to try very hard to keep himself up, almost loosing his balance. “What the…” He started, but swallowed his words as soon as he noticed what had caused him to trip. His eyes almost jumped from their sockets when he noticed your form laying on the floor. His gaze couldn’t find out what to focus on, the way some of the flowers were soaked by blood or the way it it was gushing from the wounds on your lower arms. While flapping his arms in the air like an idiot he tried to think of what he should do. It was hard for him to break through the terror he felt and use the rational part of his brain. In the end he still found himself calling for help and as soon as he hung up the phone he went over to brush the flowers off of you. He felt like crying, seeing you like this. If he had known that you’d been suffering like this then he never would have left you alone this much. He would have made sure he was home more often, he would have showered you with gifts and love. It was only now that he realized that he shouldn’t be needing a special date or an anniversary to show you how special you were to him. Inwardly he made a decision as he picked you up and carried you towards the couch. From now on he would buy you flowers every single day to let you know how much you meant to him. 


Jimin

Dance practice had drained him from the last bit of energy that had been left inside of his body. He felt as if he was dragging himself across the streets when he made his way towards your apartment. Yet, the thought of spending the night with you and knowing he’d be able to fall asleep with you cuddled up agains him on the couch made everything much better. Promotions were being hell, as always and their schedule had been more packed than ever before. It had come to the point that they hadn’t been able to sleep for twenty four hours, and they had rushed from one place towards the other, trying to keep each other awake. But today was their first day off in a week and he was so delighted that he could spend some time with his girlfriend. Hoisting his bag higher on his shoulder he felt relief pressing down on top of him when your front door appeared into view. Even though most people would think of falling asleep in the middle of the pavement as something that was merely impossible, he’d been about to prove them wrong. Speed walking the last few meters towards your house he grabbed a hold of the key you had given him. Each time he held this thing he felt a smile lingering across his face. He’d never thought he would be lucky enough to find someone like you. Someone who loved him and accepted him exactly the way he was and someone he would do anything for. 


The thought of you made his exhaustion bearable. Not trying to hide his arrival he jammed the key inside and twisted it loudly before throwing the door open, being welcomed by the warmth inside. He huffed when he felt it tickle through his sweater. Knowing you were someone who was freezing as soon as a small breeze would blow by he knew he was going to suffer during the winter and that your apartment would be a personal sauna. “______________, I’m home!” He yelled, throwing his bag down on the floor and kicking out his shoes. It was odd for him to be met by pure silence, though he hummed in understanding when he noticed a ray of light shining from underneath the door of the bathroom. Debating if he should say something to you first or leave you alone and make his way towards the kitchen to find himself something to eat, he stood still in the middle of the hall. Though, he knew that once he would sit down somewhere to finish his food, he probably wouldn’t be able to get up again. Maybe he might even pass out in the middle of his meal. Taking a step forward he knocked on the door, laying his ear against the wood in the hope he could hear what you were doing in there. “Baby, can I come in?” He asked, keeping his voice light and cheering. No matter how hard things got for him, he didn’t want such things to weigh on his relationship. It wasn’t your fault that he was tired, and you deserved the company of your happy boyfriend. He frowned when he didn’t hear a single reply coming from you. 


After shrugging his shoulders he pressed down the door handle and opened it, ready to present himself to you. He opened his arms wide, ready to tackle you into a big bear hug when he walked inside of the bathroom. But what he saw had him perplexed. His jaw dropped, and for a second he felt completely bewildered, his heart jolting inside of his chest. He blinked his eyes a few times, hoping that after that the scene in front of him would disappear, but it didn’t. Startled he rushed to your side, to the place you were laying on the cold tiles. Not knowing what else to do he held you in his arms, pressing you against his chest. The sight of the blood that came from the cuts on your arm getting absorbed by the fabric of his shirt made him feel sick. He called your name a few times, seeing the way your eyelids fluttered before your unfocused gaze lifted towards his. Relief rushed through him when he saw that you were responsive. After seeing you like that he was afraid he’d been too late. “Why didn’t you tell me?” He asked, hating the feeling of the tears that had gathered inside of his eyes. He didn’t want you to see him breaking down, but he couldn’t help himself. He just felt so sad right now. “I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to…” You started, but he silenced you before brushing your hair away from your face and behind your ear. He didn’t want you to apologize, he just wanted you to feel better. “It’s okay, I’ll all be okay.”  


V

He just had to show you this. He knew you would love it from the first moment you’d lay your eyes on it. With his camera in hand he jumped out of the car, thanking Namjoon for bringing him over at your place. He nearly tripped over his own feet and stumbled towards the ground because of his excitement. Namjoon chuckled behind him, but thought it was cute that the younger boy was being so thrilled to see you. Taehyung quickly shut the car door behind himself before setting coarse towards your house. He had been missed you so much during their busy schedule the past few weeks. But not much time had passed when he hadn’t been thinking about you. He knew how much you loved being a part of everything that happened when he was away, about staying up to date with his life. You loved the fact that he got to see so much of the world, that he traveled to such far and wonderful places. Just like him you loved photography. The two of you took pictures of everything, thousands of frames were hanging against the walls, showing off the great times the two of you had had together. There was a collection of when the two of you had gone to the beach, sitting together on your towels or having him catch your sunburn. There were pictures of the two of you attending one of your friends wedding, him in a fancy suit, you in a beautiful dress while you shoved cake inside of his face. 


There was no one in this world he loved more than you. You were the apple to his eye. He wished he was able to take you with him everywhere and he knew s wouldn’t mind. It would give them the excuse to bring their own girlfriends as well. But he knew you weren’t just able to leave whenever you wanted to. You had a job, friends, your parents who lived nearby. He couldn’t ask for you to give that all up just so you could go on tour with him. Yet, he knew you would love it. He would take you through all the countries you visited to taste the culture and to take wonderful and silly pictures of the two of you to add them to the collection. Since you hadn’t been there he had decided to take some pictures for you. He had shot everything he’d thought you would like, from sunrises to sunsets. From different kinds of food to Jimin eating the different kinds of food. He had shot the nature, the hotel rooms, his own handsome face. He’d taken photos of everything he thought you would love, so you’d have the feeling you had been there with him, without actually leaving. As fast as his feet could carry him he walked over to the front door, knocking it several times and almost destroying the doorbell with his eagerness. Not abstracted by the fact that you didn’t show up to open he grabbed his spare key and rammed it into the lock. You were probably vacuuming or something, unable to hear him over the noise. 


Though when he opened the door and got inside, there was no sound at all. “______________! ______________!” He shouted, already starting up the camera inside of his hands so he could immediately dig into showing you what he’d done for you. When he looked up he saw you standing in the middle of the living room, and he squeezed his eyes when he saw the paleness of your cheeks. Unsure he stopped in his tracks, lowering the camera to smile at you. When you didn’t return his smile he became worried, perhaps he had done something wrong? He was just about to ask you when he saw your legs buckle underneath you, your eyes closing. Shocked, and not knowing what else to do, he threw the device he was holding to the side, flinching as it crashed on the floor. He plunged forward and got to you just in time to catch you inside of his arms, preventing you from hitting the ground. He gasped when he felt your dead weight in his hold and carefully lowered you until you were laying across the tiles, brushing your hair from your eyes. His hands brushed down your body, trying to find the cause of your sudden loss of conscious. His eyes widened in worry when he felt something wet and sticky against his fingers as he rubbed them down your wrist. A strangled sound left his lips when he figured what was going on and he collapsed next to you. The sight of the blood made him feel nauseous, his stomach doing flips inside of him. Before he knew what he was doing he’d pulled his shirt over his head, using it to press down on the cuts. Tears filled his eyes because of the scene, but he blinked them away, knowing you would need him right now. And as soon as all of this was over, he would take you on the most beautiful trip you’d ever been to. 


Jungkook

While pulling the hood further over his head he speed walked down the streets. Actually he’d been planning on burning some calories and paining his muscles in the gym for a few hours. Instead he was making his way towards your dorm, after having gotten a call from one of your band members who told him that you hadn’t shown up for work this morning he had immediately thought of one thing. You had overslept, it wasn’t like it was the first time you’d done that. There’d been many times he’d had to call you awake or wake you up when you stayed over at the dorm because you always attempted to sleep through your alarm clock. Not that he could judge you, knowing how tough it was for others to wake him in the morning. Yet, he was confused by the fact that you weren’t picking up when he tried to call you. Pressing the phone against his ear another time he heard how it went over, so it definitely had to be ringing. It was impossible for you not to hear it, he had made that ringtone himself. After you had overslept for the millionth time he had decided to create a sound that would always wake you. So he had screamed something into your phone, had recorded it and had set it as his personal ringtone. Now, each time he called you, you could hear his wonderful voice blasting through the speakers. Sometimes he would call you when he was in the same room with you, just to hear it himself. 


He frowned when you didn’t pick up another time and decided to give up. It was only two more minutes before he got there. Maybe you’d left your phone downstairs before going to bed last night, but that would be strange. You always texted him goodnight, you always had your phone with you, laying on the night stand. As soon as he got there he rang the bell, waiting for you to come over and open up. Though when you weren’t there after another five minutes and him murdering your doorbell, he went around the house to use the back door. He would scold you as soon as he’d gotten you out of bed. The fact that you were sleeping so deeply at this hour of the day meant that you hadn’t gone to bed at a decent hour, even though you’d known that you had an early schedule today. He didn’t like it when you didn’t take good care of yourself. Grabbing the spare key that you had given him one day so that you wouldn’t always have to open the door for him, he opened the back door and got inside. He immediately entered in the kitchen, noticing how clean it was. It was definitely a big difference to be living together with girls or with boys. When he’d left his dorm this morning the dishes had been piling up in the sink. Blindly he made his way through the house, skipped up the stairs and marched through the hall to stop in front of the door which resembled your bedroom. He was debating if he should try the nice or the harsh technique in order to wake you and even though you had made him go through a lot of effort already, he still knocked your door softly. 


“______________!” He shouted, smiling as he poked his head around the corner and stared into your bedroom. Though, when he saw you weren’t in the bed as he’d expected but you were laying on the floor, his heart rate picked up. He ran into the room, almost tripping over his own feet before he threw himself on the floor next to you, not caring about the fact that the floor was hard and cold underneath his knees. His eyes zoomed in on the blood that was spread across the carpet, his breathing fastening when he realized it was coming from your arm. Letting his gaze linger around the room as he thought of what he should do. He could feel himself panicking, his mind turning foggy as he reached out for his phone and thought about who he should call. Namjoon would always know what he should do, but he wouldn’t be able to help you. So in the end he called an ambulance, begging them to come as fast as they could. Silently he held you in his arms, watching your pale cheeks and the soft raising and falling of your chest. Anger rushed through him as he had been unable to see this coming. Why hadn’t he noticed that something wasn’t right? There was only one reason he could think of why you’d done this and that was that he had lacked you. He hadn’t been a good boyfriend, he hadn’t been there for you when you needed him.