The NCI Unit

FALSIFY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A woman in her mid-20’s was busy typing across her computer screen while simultaneously flipping the pages she was holding. Her office was pretty much simple with see-through glass walls, surrounded by built in high technology facilities.

Few people can be seen walking around and passing by compared to the busy police headquarters. Having a cleaner, quiet and more organized facility, heels of shoes hitting the floor while walking, keyboards typing and the flipping of papers were mostly the sound than can be heard inside the said place.

But the people that can be seen in the area are not just ordinary people; they are skilled professionals in the crime investigation department also known as National Crime Investigation. These are the people who solve severely serious cases than what the police department handles. Crimes that involves high-class murderers and suspects that a regular police division can’t handle, crimes that the public doesn’t fully know.

They also provide help and teamed up with other divisions to solve crimes especially those who needs profiling their killers and suspects.

“NCI Agent Kang Seulgi?” the woman who was busy typing looked up to the man who called her name.

“The meeting will start in five minutes” smiling, the man said before leaving.

Seulgi automatically stood up from her seat, took some files then left her office to meet the others on their conference room. Upon entering the conference room, there shows few different people waiting for their team leader.

“I’m curious for the cases we’ll handle this time” Hani (EXID) said to Seulgi who was about to sit beside her.

“I’m always curious about cases that never reached us and was handled by the police department” Hani added while scrolling her tablet for possible cases.

“You know what’s good about this event? We will be able to team up with other departments and divisions to polish these cases. It’s nice to meet people” Ten (NCT) added as he raised his both arms to stretch.

“…or not” the nerdy looking Yoongi (BTS Suga) added. While Ten tends to like meeting new people, Yoongi wasn’t good at being with strangers and likely to lock himself inside his office.

The conversation was cut when the most awaited team leader came in. Yang Hyun-Suk (also known as YG), the senior team leader of the investigation division stood in front, has a keen eye to details and was molded as one of the best agents in the NCI.

“I think many of you already know the reason for this meeting. This is for the annual clearing of closed and unresolved cases. The heads along with me had chosen intriguing cases that caught our attention. Cases that should be double checked and cleared if possible.” Team leader Yang explained.

“I will be assigning each one of you a case to handle. Hani will handle the Theft by death case in Busan, Ten, you’ll be handling the case in Yeosu, Yoongi, you wil be handling…” the assignments where continuously given until it dropped to Seulgi’s name.

“Seulgi, You will be handling the one and only closed case that caught the heads attention” Due to the team leader’s remarked, all the other agents shifted their attention to his words.

“The homicide case of Bae Irene” he stated.

“This case involves a p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter