The Truth We Know

FALSIFY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a vivid dark room, a crimson shade of colour reflects by the dim lights surrounding the place, fresh blood slowly crawling all over the floor with two bodies recognizably unresponsive on the centre along with the quiet room.

At a closer look, another silhouette figure was present. A woman with her back facing was wearing a white sleeping dress but there was something different, something intriguing. She slowly turned around with tears falling along with shock, dreadfulness and pain written all over her face. With blood not just showered all over the place but also almost covered the woman with it as she speechlessly sits on that pool of blood

“HANDS IN THE AIR! YOU ARE UNDER ARREST!” sternly commanded by the policeman, aiming his gun to the said woman.

Police sirens started to dominate the whole place and lights coming from police flashlights flashes aggressively around the area trying to search the whole house until everything landed to one person, to that speechless woman.

After a Year

On a busy street of Seoul, comes a long a busy police headquarters piled with accommodating citizens’ complaints and concerns.

“Hey Inspector Wendy, getting busy huh?” one of the police officers greeted the busy one.

“A little but I can handle it” the busy officer flashed a smile as she stormed straight into the department’s file room.

As soon as the door to the file room opened, there revealed stands and cabinets containing information to a lot of people who acquired record in that police department.

Officer Wendy blew air from directing to her bangs “I’ll never get used to this.” She mumbled to herself. Not wasting any of the time, Wendy hastens to a certain spot to scan some files. She was assisting a superior who needs solid files than soft copies found on their computer system. She was busy ruffling through envelops until she finally saw what she needed.

Upon pulling those certain files, Wendy accidentally hit a piled of documents by her elbow making her instantly kneeled down to pick up those files until she saw a file that caught her attention.

The Homicide case of Bae Irene

It read. It’s not the first time officer Wendy heard or saw a similar report. In fact, it caught her attention even a year ago where the horrible murder occurred.

Breaking news!

The daughter of a rich and well-known Bae family reportedly arrested on the act of murder of her own mother and brother.

The news that shocked the whole country will never be deleted on Wendy’s memory. She shook her head to pull herself back to reality. It’s been a year since that homicide but today was the only chance Wendy had to scan the files of the said case.

The file used to be classified and only few people knew about the content of the case, so Wendy was kind of puzzled seeing it lying around defenceless.

“Hmm.. maybe because this case is already closed?” Flipping the pages thoroughly and with Wendy’s great memory, she was able to memorize everything that’s written on the file in just a few minutes. Well mostly, the important ones.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter