Recall

FALSIFY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Should I fill you in?” with enthusiasm, Wendy asked. She can’t hide her gladness and excitement upon hearing the case she will handle with the NCI agent. She almost kneeled to ask for forgiveness for her rudeness earlier to the agent when she heard the case they will handle.

“Shoot it” Agent Kang expressed. The NCI agent can’t help but notice the sparkles and burning determination on the inspector who was standing in front of her. For that, another information about her partner was inputted in Seulgi’s mind.

Can’t hide her eagerness and excitement when handling a case she wants.

Agent Kang sat at the far end of the conference room, where Wendy stood in front with PowerPoint presentation displayed behind her by a projector.

“Bae Irene was caught on the act of murder inside her own house with her family as her victims. The whole nation was shocked hearing this news. Irene was known as a well-mannered and reliable daughter of Bae family. Bae family is well-known to the business industry but her biological father died 2 years ago due to a severe sickness which lead to another marriage of her mother to her step-father after a few months.” Wendy stated.

“I guess it was business related marriage?” Seulgi asked.

“That. I don’t know but highly possible.” Wendy commented as she moves on to the next slide. “The family along with her step-father Choi Siwon was featured in magazines and interviews showing how lovely their marriage life was.” With eyes lowering a little as sadness consumed her, Wendy pauses upon reading the file on her hand.

Another scene that didn’t slipped on Seulgi’s keen eyes. Narrowing her eyes on the frozen inspector, she uttered “Please do continue” which made Wendy snapped and looked at the NCI agent’s direction.

Letting out a cough to start over, Wendy continued “After a year of having a new father, the horrible homicide occurred.”

Seulgi stared on the information written on the slides and flipped some pages on the file in front of her. “And all the evidences pointed at the daughter.” She stated.

“Sadly, yes” Wendy let out a sigh after answering the NCI agent. She started walking towards the table at the side with frustration evidently showing on her face, slamming the folder on the table like she lost her energy, the inspector complaint “How can we possibly see anything different from this case. Just by reading this makes me feel hopeless”

“Our goal is to re-investigate this case to see if the result was right or wrong but basing from your tone. You wanted the latter part.” The NCI agent can’t help but be curious at the police inspector’s actions.

Son Wendy, Who are you?

The thought played on Seulgi’s mind while eyeing on the inspector who was still silent at the corner of the room. “How come it feels like you’re 100% sure that this Bae Irene was not guilty? Is this the gut feel that most police officers use most of the time?” Seulgi’s curiosity was piling up along with her worries that her chosen partner might’ve already landed a conclusion to the case that they were just starting to dig through.

Did I choose the wrong partner? Did my profiling about her was wrong?

The agent’s thoughts were cut when Wendy spoke.

“I was there.” The police inspector stated walking back in front with arms crossed as the light of the projector hits her. A detail caught the agent’s keen eyes. There was something on the young inspector’s eyes.

 

Something mysterious.

 

Like a story waiting to be told.

 

*Flashback*

Police cars blocking the path along their blinding lights flashing steadily along the way. Police lines evidently placed across the entrance of a house. Turning the police car engine off upon reaching her destination, Assistant Inspector Wendy stepped out of the car.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter