Partners

FALSIFY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Entering a busy room with messy desks with piled up folders, there came a petite woman in formal suit standing at the door’s entrance. She quietly scanned the place with her eyes, trying to picture everything within sight. Some of the police’s attention was caught by the sudden appearance of the woman who apparently stood out from the rest.

“I told you! It’s not me! I just happened to passed by!” one of the men sitting across a police officer argued.

“But your friend here confessed that you two planned that theft and besides, we have an actual footage to what happened” the police man countered.

“He’s just trying to frame me! YOU’RE just trying to frame me!” the man stood up and argued insanely to the point that other policemen held him.

“I know what you, policemen can do! You can even frame innocent people!” He argued again as if he experienced that himself before.

A sudden pat on his shoulder was felt by the man, “Calm down sir, you were caught on CCTV, a witness saw you and this man beside you confessed your crime. Don’t put it on us” slowly sitting back on his seat, the young inspector stood next to him which turned out to be Wendy.

Every information Wendy said slowly sank in to the man’s mind and there he remained silent while seated. As for woman in suit, she slowly walked passed by the scene to look for a certain person which Wendy gradually noticed.

“Hold on miss. Is there anything I could help you with?” the young inspector asked with slight sarcasm in her voice, seeing the woman in suit walking towards chairman’s Joy’s office.

Not failing to wear her straight face, the woman turned to face Wendy. “I’m looking for Chairman Park Sooyoung”. Wendy was taken aback hearing Chairman Park Joy’s real name from a stranger but then again decided to do the standard procedure. “Oh. I’m sorry miss but you need to tell us your concerns to decide whether the chairman’s presence is needed” Wendy explained.

The woman in suit slipped her hand inside her coat’s inner pocket and pulled a card like figure and flashed it in front of Wendy’s face.

“I’m NCI agent Kang Seulgi and I’m here to meet Chairman Park Sooyoung. The content of our meeting is classified so now I hope you could let me see her.” Seulgi explained sternly feeling slightly irritated by the inspector’s tone a while ago.

For Seulgi, she really hates the people’s guts in the police department but she needs to focus on this case to learn more about it and finish her task. Oblivious to their surroundings, Seulgi caught everyone’s attention by flashing her badge.

“Did she just say NCI agent?” one police man said to the other.

“What does the NCI want from us?” another commented but for Wendy, she thought of something else.

‘A big case’

Seulgi knew how unwanted NCI agents to some people in the police department. NCI and the police always have a different way of solving crimes with the police and inspectors always ends up being aggressive at all times. For them, NCI and police team up was always not a good choice but on the other side there were still some who teamed up well.

With the police and staffs busy buzzing about the NCI agent’s sudden visit, Chairman Park stepped outside of her office. “Oh. Agent Kang, It’s nice to finally meet you” the Chairman said and gestured them to talk inside her office.

Upon entering the office, Chairman Park observed how well-mannered and confident her guest was, not even displaying any sign of being intimidated by Chairman’s presence.

“Have a seat Ms. Agent Kang, I was briefed with your arrival.” The serious conversation started smoothly with Chairman Park’s words. “I’m here to re-open the homicide case of Bae Irene that was handled by your department a year ago.” Seulgi explained.

For a second, Chairman Park tried to think before responding, as if a glint of curiosity sparkled form her eyes. “I was briefed shortly of your arrival and intent so I was wondering, May I know why did the NCI decided to re-open this case?” with her chin resting on her clasped hands and elbow resting on the table, the curious chairman asked.

“I believe the NCI found something disturbing about this case to decide to re-open it but what’s amusing is that, this is the only closed case to be re-opened.” Trying to see through the Chairman’s eyes, Seulgi replied. Half satisfied with the NCI agent’s answer, Chairman Park asked “What are you implying Agent Kang?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter