Chapter Four

Starlight Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Press play! The popcorn is ready." Hani exclaimed. 

Ken huffed, thinking that this woman didn't even give him a second to breathe. He arrived home from his shift at the restaurant to find Hani sprawled across his bed with popcorn in hand. They'd planned to do movie night but Hani was impatient, not even giving him a second to get comfy. 

Within the speed of lightning, he'd managed to pull off his work shirt to reveal a t-shirt under and quickly change out of his jeans into pyjama pants. 

As soon as he jumped on the bed,  Hani pressed start and thus they began a marathon of movies all including fake relationships. It only seemed fitting for their current situation.  

Hani had suggested it, thinking maybe they'd learn a thing or two for their own predicament. Plus it would mean a night of romantic comedies.  Who wouldn't love that? Well except maybe Ken.

Hani giggled through it all and couldn't help but slap Ken's arm every time something major or cute happened. Ken was sure his arm would be bruised by the end of the night.  

It was only in the last movie that Ken seemed to really be enjoying himself. He'd smiled at points throughout the other movies but—

"To the windows, to the walls, till the sweat drip down my... "

... 'The Proposal' had managed to bring out some hearty laughter in him. Hani glanced over at Ken as his face was contorted in humour, unable to help the small smile that made its way onto her face.  She was glad that although she had forced him into this marathon, he wasn't having the worst time. 

As the credits began rolling, Hani and Ken made eye contact. 

" So, anything we can gather from tonight? " Hani asked,  her lips forming a pout as she thought about it. 

Ken chuckled before an evil smirk embraced

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter