Chapter Two

Starlight Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The slump in Hani's shoulders were clearly visible. If we all carried weights on our shoulders, her weight had increased tenfold.  The cheery elevator music of her apartment building  was a hammer to her head as she made her way to the fifth floor.  She dragged her feet all the way down the hall, to stand not in front of her own apartment door but rather in front of the one next to it.  Her knock on the door was weak, almost sounding like a cry for help. Her cry was answered and the door opened to reveal a smiley eyed Ken fresh out of the shower with damp hair,  wearing blue pajama pants and a button down shirt. 

"Ning Ning! " Ken said cutely 

" Ken... " Hani replied back dully unable to match his enthusiasm.  

His hand held onto the side of the doorframe so she slid under his arm,  walked into his apartment and face planted onto his bed. Ken's apartment was a wide open plan room with a small kitchen, bed and study with a door connecting to a bathroom and big glass windows that led to a small balcony.  It wasn't that different from Hani's own apartment next door except for their differing tastes in decoration. 

"What happened now? " Ken asked as he took a seat at the makeshift study across from the bed.  

" It was my stupid mouth" she muffled into the sheets. 

"Isn't it always? " Ken said wryly while shaking his head.  

"Come on,  spit it out. It can't be as bad as the last time, when you riled up those bikers and we had to run for our lives"  Ken said while thinking about the trauma Hani had put him through.  

Hani finally lifted her face from the bed covers and sat up straight. 

"It's worse.  So I'm just going to come out straight with it and hope you don't overreact." 

"When do I ever overreact? " Ken butted in. 

Hani tutted and said, " You always do. Now stop disrupting me. " Hani took a deep breath and blurted it all out. 

"My parents were pestering me about getting married to the extent that they'd even found a guy for me to meet. But no matter how much I protested they heard nothing.  So I kind of got frustrated and kind of told them I had a boyfriend.  But when they asked his name, I panicked and said the first name that came to mind. So basically my parents think we're dating.  Sur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter