Chapter One

Starlight Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One

It was Hani's effect to walk into an already illuminated room and make it brighter. Sunlight glistened through the large expanse of windows surrounding the restaurant of the fancy hotel her parents were staying at and yet with just a glimpse of a smile, the air in the room became lighter. There was a happy commotion as Hani was welcomed by her parents in warm embraces. 

"It seems like every time I see you you've gotten taller! " her mother exaggerated. This was something Mrs Ahn never failed to mention every time they'd met since Hani moved to Seoul. Although Hani would argue that she probably hasn't grown since high school. 

Her father picked up his fork and dug into his eggs, not much of talker and never the conversation starter; he'd probably chime in when necessary. 

Hani ordered a glass of orange juice and a muffin while her mother chirped on about the latest news. It was the usual events: some one had a baby, someone got married. 

" Jeonghwa's wedding dress was extravagant" Mrs Ahn sighed in reminiscence before continuing "When is my baby going to get married? Hani you're already 26 and you're not getting any younger and neither am I. I thought you would have already popped one bun in the oven by now but you haven't even got yourself a man?" 

"It will happen when it happens." Hani sighed. She knew they would end up here. They always did although today it happened faster than normal. 

"You always say that! You know I even have fabric for the dress I'm going to wear to your wedding. And if you don't get married anytime soon it's going to go out of fashion. "

Hani sighed in frustration before looking pointedly at her father hoping he would save her from this dreaded conversation. Her father put down his fork and knife and Hani was inwardly relieved. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter