Chapter Three

Starlight Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If Hani said that this was the first time she'd ever woken up in Ken's bed. Then it would be a lie. Let's just say Hani's motto in life was 'when sleep calls, you answer' much to Ken's dismay. At this point, Ken didn't even bother to try waking her up. Hani was a deep sleeper and had no control of her limbs while asleep. 

Although one would most definitely be wrong in their assumptions if they expected Hani and Ken to wake up romantically in each other's arms. 

On this particular morning, Hani's leg was sprawled across Ken's abdomen, while Ken's arm lay across Hani's forehead. They were a mess of limbs and body parts and... not in a y way.

Ken woke up with a groan. "You're pressing on my bladder." He threw Hani's leg off and groggily walked to the bathroom. The action woke Hani and she too began the slow process of waking up. The events of yesterday came to Hani as she squinted at the sunlight that filtered through the partially open curtains. 

Ken walked out of the bathroom as Hani yawned, rubbing her forehead lightly before muttering, "We really shouldn't sleep together." There was a second of awkward silence in which their eyes met and quickly broke contact. 

"We wouldn't have this problem if you just slept in your own bed." Ken retorted. 

Although Ken complained about Hani and her tendencies, he didn't really mind. She was his closest friend and he cared about her more than he would admit. 

Ken made them both cups of coffee while Hani was in the bathroom. It was a Saturday so he didn't have to worry about going for any lectures and his shift at his brother's restaurant wasn't until later in the day. Ken was currently completing his degree in civil engineering and his older brother agreed to pay for his studies on condition that Ken worked in his restaurant on weekdays and whenever he had free time. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter