My 2888th day without you

Memories of the world's greatest love

My Minho, can you hear me? Im sitting on the big rock along the sea, Im listening to the waves, the rustling sound it makes. Its the 2888th day since you left me. I wonder if you're still watching me from above? I hope you are. My life was never complete without you. 

Remember this particular rock facing this particular deep blue sea? We sat here together while you said

" Yuri, I love you so much, deep and vast like the sea"

for the very first time. You kissed me while sitting on this rock and admiring the sunset. Do you remember as you're up there? I still cannot forget the times we shared, the memories, so dear we had.

Its been 2888th day since you left me, however a part of you will remain in my heart forever you know? I've been coming to this rock everyday thinking, hey will Minho appear again?

No its kind of impossible is it? Many times, I once thought of joining you, lying in your warm arms for eternity. However I chose to live on, telling the story of us to many friends of mine. I chose to  live on, to relive our memories. 

Thus I come to this rock, where we sat here almost everyday, to think about us.

You still remember our story do you?

We had no family. You were the handsome boy burying yourself in basketball way too much. I was the pretty but shy girl the school loved. You wouldn't talk to any girl, and even me initially. It was that big, heavy rain that changed things.

Do you remember?

It was late and you'll still practicing. I just had my study sessions. I stared at you from the aisle. You were so beautiful, your skin golden brown. My heart beat so fast, I had fallen for you since a long time ago. I have never told you that, but now you know.

Suddenly it rained, I felt worried for you and rushed to you with an umberalla. You were shocked at first, however you slowly opened up to me. The first time I saw you smile, the first time I felt I was really in love. You gave that all to me.

We shared an umbrella as we walked to the bus stop. The bus stop was quite far away, by the time we reached it, we were inseprable.

You gave me my first kiss in that rain. Surely even in that beautiful paradise you now reside in, you still have that memory with you right?

Im sorry if I keep asking you, Minho oppa, but I treasure those times too much, I can't bear to let any part of it be lost in this cold, dark world without you.

And for the remaining days, we were one. I couldn't do without you. You comforted me and looked into my eyes with your deep gaze whenever I was upset. When I was happy, you shared my joy and was happy for me. When I was buliied, you stood up for me, claiming I was the one you'll only love forever. Often when I got bullied, I felt as if I wanted to end it all, Kwon Yuri, to disappear from the face of the earth, but you, Minho prevented me from so. I lived on only for you. Yet you were the one who deserted me.

I remember the day You brought me to this rock for the first time and said

" Yuri, be happy forever?" Your gaze forever warm

I smile as I think of it. Minho, do you see it? I'm smiling, I hope you are too.

Those were happy times, were you happy then?

Your warm touch still tingles in my skin as the cold wind blows on me. I can never forget it. Somtimes, I feel as if I was really lying in your embrace, whenever I lean in to kiss you, you disappear, Minho, Wae?

Minho, you're the biggest liar. You say love me so much, yet you leave me.

The day I heard about your lung conditions, was the day I fell from heaven and landed hard on the floor. My heart broke into pieces as I saw you being wheeled into the operation room, your hand still holding tight onto mine, refusing to let me go.

You brushed my tears away and told me not to cry. But Minho, How could I not?

I waited outside the surgery room for five hours. Praying...just praying you'll be alright. I was willing to cut off my life for yours. I prayed to god. Did I not do good enough? Was that why god did not hear me? But perhaps, god felt you were too precious too, was that why he decided to keep you?

As you got rolled out of your surgery room, the doctor said

" You only have one hour before he goes. I'm sorry."

One hour. Minho why do you want our story to end so quickly? I have not loved you enough. Have you loved me enough?

Our final moments were of you holding my hand to your heart, whispering softly.

Every breathe you took was pain, every look at you was pain.

It was painful.

" Don't...don't cry. Smile for me. I will always watch you. Remember me, Yuri. I will always...always love you..." You said, starting to stagger.

Time was ticking away.

" Don't go please, please don't leave me" I remember crying my heart out as I screamed for you.

" Remember Yuri, it wasn't how long, it was how we spend our time loving each other. It was worth meeting you. My life was short, but meaningful.  All I wish is to see you smile, even you know Im gone. Listen to my heartbeat, it will be in the crashing of the waves. Look at my eyes, it'll forever glare at you in the sun. Most importantly, I'll always live in your heart. But you-you were right, our time was too short.... If you find a better man than me, love him instead...just remember our love please?" You took a deep breath.

"No! I will never love another man! Please don't go! Minho...minho why must you go? Nooo! Minho!" I screamed while hugging you. 

" I wonder after the swish of my hand, when will these two palms be able to embrace each other again? Yuri, our time was really too short. I'll....I'll always be protecting you where ever I am...."

I screamed and cried for you as your hand went limp

However you didn't hear me, right?

I believe Minho, I look at the sun, and I remmeber the strong warm gaze. I listen, listen closely to the sea and I hear your heart beating as I lay on your chest on the days you were still my boy, alive, walking and breathing with a romantic gaze.

I listen closely to the combined sounds of people talking, the wind, the waves, and I hear you Minho, no matter where I go, I'll hear you. Because you now live inside my heart, never leaving me. Its been 2888 days without you, minho. And I still Love you. Minho and Yuri, Minyul forever.