2016

Friends for Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

2016

 

June looking at a paper, a document which telling him about his near future.

“You got accepted??” Rose appeared from his back.

“YA! Can you not gave me mini heart attack??” June catching his breathe.

“What?” Rose sat beside him and looking at the paper, “Law faculty… really Koo June, you’re gonna be a lawyer?”

He smirks.

“Too cool for you, actually.” Rose said.

The announcement of Rose’s faculty had been announced few days before June, they both enrolled in the campus which in the same complex with their high school. Rose got accepted in music, just like she always wanted.

“So…” June put back his paper to the envelope, “You have to start adjusting yourself in going to campus alone.”

“Why?”

“Since we’ll have different classes everyday.” He said.

“Oh, that’s gonna be easy.”

June scoffed, “Yeah, you think.”

 

+

 

Rose was editing some of her videos to put on the youtube when Donghyuk came.

“Rose, are you going to the folk festival this weekend?’

“Yes! Are you?”

“Yes, let’s go together.” Donghyuk said, he’s too taking music major in college.

“Sure, I’ll go with June, you surely can join us.”

“Uh, will that be okay with him?” Donghyuk asked.

“Why not?”

“You and June… are you guys just friends or…?”

Rose laughing, “We’re just good friends, very close since we know each other for years.”

“Ah okay.” Donghyuk smiles. “By the way, is that a new video?”

“Yup!”

“I always watch your videos, you’re good.”

“Thanks, but hey, maybe you should make something like this too, I mean, you’re a better piano player than me… and there’s not much guy who has voice like yours…”

“Uh, I don’t know…” Donghyuk grins.

“Or you could just start as my guest! On my channel!”
“Can I?” he excited.

“Of course! Pleasures on me!” Rose smiles.

 

+

 

“Happy chuseok…” Rose greets Donghyuk who just arrived, behind her is June who just nodded.

“You knew each other, right?” Rose asked.

Donghyuk offer a handsake to June, “Of course.”

“Of course.” June repeating.

They went to an autumn festival at the Han river area of Seoul, there’s some musical performance, traditional to modern dance, many street food stalls, and others attractions.

“They have those small boats?” Rose pointing out at the mini boats on Han river.

“Yup, for couples to take it.” Donghyuk said.

“Cool.” Rose said. “For couples, huh…”

“Want to ride it?” June suddenly asked.

“W-what…?” Rose asked back.

“Cause I don’t.” June continues while laughing, leaving Rose sulking.

“You want to get on it?” Donghyuk asked.

“Well…” Rose’s thinking.

“Let’s go if you want.” Donghyuk said. “I mean, it doesn’t necessarily for couple you know…”

“Then let’s go!” Rose said.

“But the boat can only lift two persons.” June said.

“So? You don’t wanna ride the boat, right?” Rose asked, “then just stay here.”

“Rose the boat seems so unstable. It’s tottering” June said.

“Boats are always swinging! Not tottering!” Rose walked with Donghyuk towards the boat.

“I’ll protect her.” Donghyuk said.

June scoffs. He’s watching them leaving the quayside with Donghyuk slowly rowing the boat, Rose seems to enjoy the autumn breeze, she’s not even looking back at June. He scoffing again.

After one portion of Tteopokki, finally Rose and Donghyuk docking to the quay, June’s watching the boat closely, it does seems unstable. Maybe Rose’s right, maybe any boats is as unstable as this one, but what he’s worried is; Rose is clumsy and imbalance. She often fell.

He saw Donghyuk is about to stepping out the boat first, maybe he wants to stand on the dock to help her but June feel it doesn’t the right thing to do.

“Oh My God… Oh my…” Rose reacting to the suddenly unstable boat caused by Donghyuk leaving the boat. “Oh my—“

“Donghyuk! Let Rose get off firs—“

SPLASHH!!

Rose fell on the water.

“!!” June ran to dock the while Donghyuk is still surprise.

June took off his jacket and dive into the water. He catches Rose’s waist and drag her to the land. Everyone is looking at them and some rescuer is approaching.

“We’re good, we’re good!” June said, it is not far from the river side so it’s not very deep too, but still… Rose can’t swim.

Rose catching breathes while June still laying down beside her.

Donghyuk ran towards them bringing June’s jacket.

“Here.” He gave it to June, “Oh My God… Rose, I’m sorry, I’m very sorry.”

“Ya!! Is the braincell in your head even functioned?” June raised his voice, “who’s gonna left the lady behind on the boat alone?? And how could you not asking if she could swim or not before get on the boat??”

“June, June, it’s not his fault.”

“I’m sorry—“

“Forget it!” June pull Rose, “Let’s go home!”

Rose nodded and June can see her shivering.

“Wear this.” June gave her his jacket.

“What about you?” Rose asking.

June look around, “Ya! Donghyuk! Give me your jacket!”

“Huh?”

“Hurry!! I’m cold!” June raised his voice.

 

+

 

Several weeks later.

June startled to see Rose in his room, sleeping, not like this is a surprising thing, she often fell asleep there like it's her own room.

June threw his bag on her, “wake up!”

She gasped, “ya! Woke me in a softer way!”

He scoffed, “What are you doing?”

“What happen to your phone?” she asked.

“What happen to it?” he asked back.

“You never reply in my kakao.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter