2019

Friends for Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Christmas 2018

 

Rose smiling when Chanwoo picked her up, he brought a car but when she’s about to get into the front passenger seat it was occupied by the girl who supposed to be June’s date. Rose was a little startled but she went to the backseat anywa sinec Chanwoo didn’t try to make that girl move.

“Too bad that your friend can’t come today.” Chanwoo said when they arrived at a restaurant after the went to church.

“Yeah…” Rose nodded, at first she feels sorry that the other girl have to be the third wheel, but she was wrong, Chanwoo and the girl been friends for years that they keep talking at throwing inside jokes, jokes that only they understand, it happened ever since the church, and it made Rose feel aside.

She silently took her cellphone and scrolling up an down, he stopped by at her SNS and she saw some updates from friends; Lisa is having christmas eve with Donghyuk, then she saw Yunhyeong update with Jinan, Bobby and June. Seems like they don’t go to the church but going out drinking soju and beer somewhere near the river area, based on Yunhyeong geotag.

“These dorks…” she murmured.

“Rose? You okay?” Chanwoo asked.

“Uh… y-yes… by the way… I-uh… actually have some family time after church…” she said.

“What? Really?” Chanwoo asked.

“Yes…”

“Why don’t you tell me, I can drop you at the place.”

“No, it’s near… it’s very near, Sinsa-dong… near, right?” Rose said. “So, I’m so sorry, I have to leave first, but let’s meet again soon, okay?”

Chanwoo nodded, the other girl also nodded.

“Nice to meet you, Rose.” She said.

“Nice to meet you too.” She bowed then leave the restaurant.

 

+

 

June took his glass and gulped another shot.

“Ya! Don’t you ever saw alcohol in the US?” Bobby asked.

The other laughing.

“Ahh it’s so difficult to get a bottle of soju in Boston, man…” June started to talk in lazy drunk voice.

“By the way, where’s Rose?” Jinan asked.

“Go to the church with her boyfriend.” June nonchalantly answer.

“Boyfriend?” Yunhyeong repeated.

“Isn’t her boyfriend’s here?” Bobby asked.

“Ya!! I’m not her boyfriend, ok??” June said.

“But you’re a boy and a friend.” Jinan said.

“Lame!” June scoffed and took another shot of soju.

“Oh hey, Rose!” Bobby said.

June immediately turned but he saw no one.

“Whoaaa… Koo June, just by hearing her name you’re already excited, huh? So cutee~” Bobby and the other laughing.

“ you, Bobby, you.” June took another shot again.

“Ya! June-ya, you should stop drinking.” Jinan said.

“Rose…?” Bobby said again.

“Yaa! It’s getting not funny, Bobby! She’s with her perfectly smart boyfriend right now, praising Jesus in the church.” June scoffed.

“Yes, in christmas eve it is better to  go to church.” Suddenly someone sat beside June. “And praise Jesus!”

June gulped when he saw Rose.

“By the way, Chanwoo is not my boyfriend. I like him, but maybe, he doesn’t like me as much as I like him… so…” Rose took the soju bottle. “may I use your glass, June?”

June still puzzled but he manage to nod.

Rose pour soju to the glass and took it, bottoms up.

 

The night ended with Rose finished three bottle of soju for herself, June finished four bottle of soju for himself, and the three others; Bobby, Jinan, and Yunhyeong watching the two of them blabbing.

“She’s such a stupid girl who always liking a guy but always get rejected.” June told his friend.

“Ya! Me?? You think you’re better?”

“What? At least my heart is always secure.”

“My heart is fine!”

“Okay, Roche, first you’re so sure that Donghyuk likes you but he actually like Lisa, and then Chanwoo, you think he likes you but you ended up being the third wheel of his date with another girl.” June chuckles.

“At least I’m trying, you’re such a little chicken, you never allow yourself to fall for someone just because you’re afraid of getting hurt.”

“I’m just being careful.”

“Liar, you’re not being careful, you chickened out.”

“Ya! Who’s end up listening to you crying when you’re heart is broken?”

“Crying shows that I got feeling.”

“You think I don’t have feeling?”

“No, you’re heart made of stone.”

“I do have feeling!”

“Oh yeah??” Rose mocked him.

“Ya! You’re really—“ June stand up.

Rose also stand up, “What??’

“Omo, omo..” Jinan started to worry, Yunhyeong also stand up just in case they’re starting to make a fuss.

June looking straight at Rose and she also looking back.

“if they hit each other,” Jinan said, “Yunhyeong, you take Rose, Bobby you hold Ju—“

Suddenly Rose pouting and starts crying.

“What the—“ Bobby gasped almost swearing.

“Why every guy rejecting meeee….” Rose whining.

“Omo~” June immediately hug her.

They clearly very drunk, they talk in strange pronounciation, and they keep on mumbling.

“Hwaaaa… why the guys I like, never like me baackk…??”

“It’s okay… it’s okaaayy…” June patted her back. “You got me, Roche-ah…”

“You’re not the guy I wanttt!!”

“It’s okaayy… it’s okaayy…”

Bobby burst in laugh followed by Jinan, while Yunhyeong immediately took a video with his cellphone.

 

+

 

Bobby is kind enough not threw them at the nearest bus station but drove them to their area.

“Go, go! I need to drive Jinan too.” Bobby pull June who unstably holding Rose. They surely more sober but not sober enough to get into the house without getting scolded by their parents.

“Wait here.” June told Rose to sat in the park nearby while he walking to the convinient store. June bought them a herb drink and hangover

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter