-2-

7 sources of happiness

Today is first day of school. Kangin and Shindong are grumpy while Heechul prepares their lunch boxes. Meanwhile Leeteuk is dressing triplets and twins are still sleeping. Triplets are finally dressed and Leeteuk sat them in highchairs. They are eating and Leeteuk goes to get dressed too. Today they are going to the kindergarten for first time, so it will be a big day, probably with lots of tears. After breakfast they got in their large SUV. Their boys are buckled in booster car seats and Leeteuk is driving.

 

In front of the kindergarten are many paparazzi who are taking pictures of the family. Leeteuk is pushing stroller with twins and his oldest sons are walking close to him. Heechul is fighting with triplets. It seems that they realised that something bad is going to happen. Yesung starts to cry and soon after him Ryeowook and Siwon follow. They walked inside the kindergarten where are many parents. Everyone turned to the famous family and watch how are they struggling with the triplets. Heechul and Leeteuk kissed their sons for last time and promise that they will be back soon. Heechul is ensuring them that they will have lots of fun and find new friends but it isn’t helping much. Yesung and Ryeowook are on edge of hysteria while Siwon runs to play in the big playroom. It is breaking his heart to leave his babies here but Leeteuk dragged him away before he can change his mind and takes the boys away.

 

Then they lead Kangin and Shindong in their classes. They are grumpy but in minute they see their friends it is okay. Shindong and Kangin are happily chatting with their friends and their parents quietly left. Heechul is watching twins who are sleeping in stroller and thinks that at least he has time with these two babies. Leeteuk has to go at work so Heechul stays alone in their house. He doesn’t know what to do now because he has four hours till he needs to pick up triplets and six hours till picking up Shindong and Kangin. Heechul is silently drinking coffee and sighed. Twins are sleeping but the house was always noise with triplets. Heechul needs to find something to keep himself busy.

 

Next few days are hectic. Yesung is crying every morning, Kangin and Shindong have homeworks and Siwon has many playdates with his new friends which Ryeowook hates. This morning things became even worse. Heechul is on edge of yelling at his kids and Leeteuk isn’t helping much. After they got their kids in the car Heechul’s patient is gone.

 

“Be quiet or no cartoons for any of you!”

 

Heechul is gripping the steering wheel and glared on his kids.

 

“Yesung. Stop crying!”

 

Yesung is immediately silent and Leeteuk appeared next to Heechul’s car.

 

“Babe why are you so grumpy?”

 

Heechul glared at his husband.

 

“Well our big CEO has something important to say? Try to take care of 7 kids!”

 

Leeteuk chuckled.

 

“What is so hard on it?”

 

This was huge mistake. Heechul is ready to hit him and Leeteuk is trying to fix it.

 

"Well I just think that taking care of kids isn’t so hard."

 

Heechul laughed bitterly.

 

“Tell me who get up during night to change their diapers? Who is taking care of them when they are sick? I am stressed because my life is stressful!”

 

Leeteuk patted his hand because he knows that this is bad.

 

“You know what Leeteuk? This afternoon you are going to be me.”

 

Leeteuk nodded and watches his angry husband driving away. The he got in his car and sighed.

 

“We will see babe.”

 

Soon he received long lists of things he will need to do. It starts with picking up the kids, then doing grocery shopping, helping Shindong and Kangin with home works and cooking dinner for the whole family.

 

Heechul gets home after leaving his older kids in school and kindergarten and now he only his little twins. They are currently sleeping and he thinks about Leeteuk. How is he going to deal with it?

 

Leeteuk left his office earlier and got in his car. He picked up his sons and headed to supermarket to do grocery shopping. He has long list of food which they need to buy so he wont forget anything but somehow Leeteuk has already forgotten something.

 

Yesung has swimming lessons where his umma enrolled him. It is close to his kindergarten and their teacher always goes here with other few kids. Now today’s lesson ended and Yesung is waiting in dressing room. Other kids have their parents here who are helping them with dressing only Yesung’s umma is missing. After while his teacher spotted that the boy is still waiting and decided to help him. She knows that Heechul is here always in time so what happened today? Yesung is dressed and she grabbed his small backpack. They sat down at bench close to the entrance and wait for his umma. After twenty minutes she is quite angry because she wants to leave and Yesung started to cry. He is thinking about his morning’s tantrum and his little brain told him what happened. His umma left him.

 

Leeteuk is walking through the aisles and their trolley is full of food. He has everything from the list, so they can pay and leave. Now Leeteuk needs to pick up Shindong and Kangin and then they can finally go home. Kangin and Shindong get in car and immediately see empty booster seat. Kangin is watching his father who is humming with the radio.

 

“Uhmm dad where is Yesung?”

 

Leeteuk heart stopped and he jumped on brakes.

 

“ ! Yesung!”

 

He remembers something about swimming lessons and Heechul saying him that Yesung loves it and it is helping him to cope with fact that he has to be in kindergarten. Leeteuk quickly drives there and then ran inside the building. He almost his pants when he spotted that it is empty and no one is here. The door are locked and lights are turned off so it means that Yesung is locked inside or someone took him.

 

“!”

 

Leeteuk tugged on his hair and thinks about what to do now. He goes to find someone who can unlock the door when he spotted Heechul and some young girl next to their second car. Leeteuk now can hear heart breaking crying coming from his forgotten son.

 

“Heechul ...”

 

His husband turned to him with the angriest look on his face. Heechul thanked to the teacher again for calling him and then got up with crying Yesung in his arms. He is cold as piece of ice and doesn’t even look at Leeteuk. He is bouncing crying Yesung and Leeteuk is apologizing but Heechul is deaf to his pleas and got in car.

 

“Take kids somewhere for a snack and try to not forget one of them.”

 

Heechul drives off and Leeteuk goes back in his car. His sons are looking at him and Leeteuk sighed. It isn’t so easy. In his job when he does a mistake he can only lose some money but if he makes a mistake in fatherhood it means loss of his son’s love.