-5-

7 sources of happiness

Yesung spent three weeks in the hospital fighting for his life. The battle was too much for his body and now he is really tiny and weak.

 

Today they can take him home. Yesung is completely exhausted and fell asleep in Leeteuk’s arms while he was being carried in their car.

 

At home everyone is quiet. Leeteuk’s and Heechul’s moms are here and take care of rest of their grandchildren. When the parents arrived, Heechul goes straight in their bedroom where is already prepared a spare crib close to their bed. Yesung is sleeping and Heechul changed his diaper. Their son’s progress was quite erased from the lines but Heechul doesn’t care. He is alive and thats all what matters.

 

Meanwhile rest of his sons hug their dad and went to play. Only Kangin and Shindong understand that something is very wrong but rest of the kids are getting louder during playing. The grandmas go to scold them but Leeteuk stopped them.

 

“He is deaf. It doesn’t matter if they are loud or not, Yesung isn’t going to hear them.”

 

With that Leeteuk broke down in tears while the two grandmas are staring on him. They start to cry too because what has Yesung done to deserve such thing?! Fortunately tests off parents and other sons were negative and they didn’t caught the illness from him. But how did Yesung get it? Heechul let his kids be vaccinated so how the hell did he get it?

 

Yesung is sleeping all the time, his little body is completely exhausted and doctors recommend them that they should feed his formula for babies which is full of nutrition. Heechul is watching his baby sleeping in the crib and cries again. He was so close to losing him, he isn't sure that he is going to let Yesung or his other sons leave his sight ever again. Leeteuk prepared bottle of formula and went in their bedroom. He carefully lifted Yesung and peeked inside his diaper. Yesung is too weak to stay potty trained and his medicine is making his poor stomach upset so he is going to need frequent diaper changes. He is still dry and Leeteuk sat down on bed next to Heechul and pushed off the bottle between pouty lips of his son. Leeteuk is praying that Yesung is going to gain some weight soon because even the twins weight more than him.

 

Yesung opened his eyes and whined. His mommy and daddy are looking at him and Yesung cries out. He put his palms over his ears to show them that something is wrong and his mommy is crying again while daddy smiled at him and kissed his forehead. Yesung on the bottle but feels tired. He also doesn’t want to wear a diaper but his daddy forced a clean one on him and then laid him down in crib. Yesung is so confused and uncomfortable that he starts to cry. He is still remembering the strange people in white clothes who kept him away from mommy and sticked needles in him. His mommy appeared again and pushed a pacifier between his lips. Yesung starts to on it and calmed down.

Heechul knows that they need to wait for Yesung’s hearing aids. It will take at least two weeks because they are made in Switzerland and customized especially for him. It is going to be hard but they need to survive the two weeks and then their baby is going to hear again. For now Heechul has to collect himself and be strong for his son.