Chapter 2 Edited

For the better or worse. (Dreamcatcher x Male FF)

Author note: Hello I'm back again with a new chapter 2. I will try to write correctly as much as I can. Hope you enjoy reading this and don't forget to comments for my mistakes. Now let's get to it.
-----------------------------------------------------------

 

"Are you sure this isn't a nightmare? And that we won't just wake up?
Yes.
Because dreamers always wake up and leave their monsters behind."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yano opened his eyes lazily with the sounds of the bird's chirping and turned his head toward the alarm clock sitting on the desk drawer beside his bed. It's only 7:24 A.M.

 

'Dang. Only thirty minutes left before my class started. I shouldn't sleep after that nightmare.'

 

He stood up and rushed to the bathroom to take a shower and brushes his teeth. Put some clothes on, fixed his hair and ran outside of his room to get some breakfast.

 

'Ahh, 15 minutes left. Hope I manage to have breakfast. Who doesn't want to eat something cooked by Bora.'

 

As he went to turn to goes down the stairs he almost bumped into someone.

 

"Oh Good morning Siyeon," he said and smiles at the person he almost bumped into.

 

"Oh... Good morning...and respect," she said and stared at him for a few seconds and rushed down the stairs again.

 

'Weird. I thought she's going upstairs. Guess she avoiding me again' he said to himself and continues his way down the stairs.

 

==========

 

Siyeon rushed upstairs to avoid Yano, unfortunately, she's not lucky enough. He almost rammed her down the stairs. He said good morning to her and smiles.

 

"Oh...good morning...and respect," she said to him and stared at him. 'There it is again, I can feel there's something screaming inside his heart but his face and eyes just look normal. Did he just pretend to be a happy person to us all this time?' she thought.

 

That's why she always try to avoid him as much as she can. It's not she hate him or anything but it just uncomfortable. So, she just ran downstairs again.

 

Yano arrives downstairs and greeted his housemates. Two persons are seen cooking, one person already watching television in the early morning and one other waiting for breakfast to be served.

 

"Oh, Yano good morning. You late this morning." Said the lady while arranging the plates on the big square dining table that fits for 10 peoples.


"Yeah, I overslept a bit, Minji," he replied, scratching his head.

"Morning Yano. We are waiting for breakfast to be served." said the girl, not looking at him, busy reading a book at the table.

 

"You don't have any morning classes right, Yoobin?" he asked and just got a nod from her, still focused on the book.

 

"Yah! why don't you help us then!?." shouted another lady wearing an elephant apron while flipping something in the pan.

 

"Ugh, stop being so loud, Sua Unnie. My Eardrums might break," she complained and covered her left ear with one hand while she tried to flip the pages of her book.

 

"Where's Yoohyeon and Gahyeon? Not awake yet?" he asked, noticing his two friends already missing early in the morning.

 

"Gahyeon already go to school. Yoohyeon is the one who's not awake yet." replied the girl that just came in from the back door.

 

"Oh, Dongie, watering the flowers as usual I see. You are definitely a flower Princess." Jiu praised her and giggled.

 

Yano just laughed loudly and got the other girls attention and gave him the questioning looks. Yano just smiled and said, he already gave Yoohyeon a warning last night not to sleep so late.

 

"I'm not gonna wake her up today. Let her be late and got scolded by her lecturer. Serves her right haha." He said that while giggling thinking that her friend will get scolded. What can he do, it's his personality. He is a kind-hearted person but still has cool and badass traits.

 

"I think I will skip breakfast too. It's a waste tho, but, I don't want to be late," he said that while walking towards the front door.

 

"They already know, that's why they made you a lunchbox. It's on the shelf near the cabinet." Siyeon said but not looking at Yano's face and still focused on the television.

 

"Oh really? Thanks, Minji, Bora." he took the lunchbox and turned around before he felt his danger senses kick in and crouched down.

 

Right after that, metal sound can be heard because of a steel knife flew past his head and stuck at the wall behind him.

 

"Are not that a little danger-" he didn't get a chance to finish his sentence.

 

"Respect!!" both Minji and Bora said in unison. "You better learn-" Jiu said but she got cut off by Dami. "You better hurry or you'll be late."

 

"Oh right. Haha, sorry, MOM. Hahaha, you better catch up later Yoobin Noona!" that's all he said before vanished behind a closed front door, making his way to college. Handong laughs lightly and shakes her head, witnessing the scene.

 

"Aishh that kid..." Jiu said and turned her attention to Siyeon. "So you still feel that feeling toward Yano?" she asked Siyeon who still not moving on the sofa.

 

"Yes... Still, nothing changes this past 5 years. I hope he's okay, inside." She replied while playing with television 's remote.

 

"Yeah, I hope he's not suffering and endure it by himself." The others just nodded lightly.

 

====================

 

10 years before.

 

Seven girls can be seen playing happily inside a park located beside the antique big mansion where they live.

 

"Minji Unnie. Catch me if you can. Hihihi." said the little girl, running away from her predators.

 

"Yah! stop running Yoohyeon or you will trip." said the girl while chasing the younger girl that running away so fast. Suddenly she bumped into someone.

 

"Ohh, I'm so sorry" the girl apologize quickly. "No its okay. Are you alright my dear?" the man that she bumped asked her.

 

"Yes, I'm alright." she turned her head up. "Hah, Uncle Moryong!" the girl squealed in happiness.

 

"Yoohyeon, whos that!? Don't talk to strangers! I'm coming!." worried can be heard in the voice of the girl that called Minji.

 

"Oh hello, Minji. It's just me. Please don't beat me to a pulp now shall you?" said Moryong smiling brightly.

 

"Ah, you scared me, uncle," she told him, holding her chest. "My apologies then. Where the other girls? I need to tell you, girls, something." asked the man. "They are inside, come on."

 

They walk past the front door while having a small chit-chat suddenly, a girl jumped down in front of them.

 

"Yahhh. Who dare Come in here to hurts my sisters shall face me, Kim Bora. I will grab your.. I mean to kick your . Yahh!!" she exclaimed and slashed the air using her cardboard sword.

 

They saw a girl wearing a cardboard armor with the elephant imprinted in the front.

 

"Nice language there, young lady." Said the man chuckling. "Geez, please act like your own age, Bora. And where in the mansion did you got that from?" Minji told her, annoyed.

 

"I just want to protect you guys, that's all. And I got this from Baby Gahyeon, cute right?" she replied with a show-off's face.

 

"Aww, so cute IF someone with her AGE wearing that!." she shot back at her. Moryong can't help but smile at their antics.

 

After a few minutes, they all gathered in a spacious room fills with books, well organized on the shelves lined up, circling the wall.

 

"So, how you girls like living here so far?" Moryong started by asking their well doing.

 

"Well it's not that bad as long as we're safe but we miss our family," Dami said with a little sadness in her voice.

 

"We try as hard as we can to get to the bottom of this, even if it's only me. I promised," he assured them.

 

"But, it been 2 years already. I sometimes feel like I don't even care anymore. I just want to live like a normal person." she said her opinion and looked down.

 

"Although you are all special you can still live normally. Just be strong alright." he encouraged them, that all he can do for now.

 

"Alright, we'll try," Sua replied short.

 

"Oh, and Handong?" he added and looked at her.

 

"Hmm?" she gave him her short answer.

 

"Your family was not from this country, so it might be little hard to find information about them. But don't worry, we still have our people there too."

 

"It's okay... I understand." she smiles weakly. Moryong feels proud of the girls, although they are still children they can take care of themselves and take care of each other.

 

"Can I get a candy, Uncle?" they heard a voice and turn their head towards the voice. It's Gahyeon pointing her small hand to Moryong.

 

"She's such a baby. Does she even have any idea about all of this?." Said Siyeon. They all just smile at Gahyeon cuteness.

 

'Of course, I know what happened right now. I just don't want to be sad and seeing my sisters sad also make me sad. At least I need to be strong so they don't have to worry about me.' she thought, don't want to troubles them even more.

 

"And now, please listen to what I'm about to say." Moryong started.

 

"What is it? It sounds serious." Sua asked with her dead serious side showing up. She may be loud and playful, but everyone has that serious side too.

 

"Do you girls still remember Dr.Moon and his wife?"

 

"They were the one who helped all our parents from escaping that organization right? At least that what Jiu Unnie told me. If I'm wrong. Blame her." She said glancing at Minji.

 

"Yes, Jiu was right. I'm the one who told her that." he raised his eyebrows at Yoohyeon.

 

"And, what about them?" Sua asked still looking serious.

 

Moryong kept quiet for a while. The girls just waited with anticipation. A few seconds later, he spoke.

 

"They have been killed," he informed them. They can't say anything from the shocking news. "Three weeks ago," he added.

 

"Is it because of us?" Minji asked, with almost watery eyes.

 

"Its because they tried to, get rid of any data regarding where have they send all 14 members of the organization that tried to escape from that hellhole kind of place."

 

"That 14 members you mentioned...they are our parents wasn't it?" Sua talked with a guilty in her eyes.

 

"But don't worry they already deleted all data related to your parents," he replied.

 

"I don't really care about that!!" Jiu shouted. They all turned their head toward Minji, was taken aback by her shouting.

 

"They lost their lives because they try to save our parents. So what do you think I'm supposed to feel right now but guilty..." she wiped her eyes.

 

"If you feel guilty, you can return their favor right now," he said reassuring her. "How can we do that?" Bora asked silently under her breath but Moryong heard that and smiles.

 

"You still remember they have a son and a daughter? And their son is still in a recovery state at this moment. He's...there when his parent got killed. In front of his own two eyes."

 

After he finished talking, all the girls gasped in shock.

 

"You all can imagine how he feels right now, right?" they just nodded understanding.

 

"That's why I'm planning to let him stay here because he's alone now. His older sister whereabouts is still unknown. That's why I need your agreement on this matter."

 

The girls thought for a moment before nodding among themselves and answered him in unison, saying yes.

 

"His name is Yano, right?" Said Yoohyeon while thinking hard.

 

"Oh, you remember him? He just one year younger than you, Yoohyeon," said Moryong happy, thinking that Yano maybe still have a chance live normally.

 

"Yes, we often played together when our parent has a meeting. That antisocial boy," she replied again while fixing her hair.

 

"I'm not anti-social. I'm anti-idiot."
They heard a voice and turned their head towards the source of that voice and saw a boy with messy short black hair, dark black eyes and wearing a red long sleeve shirt underneath a black short sleeve hoodie with a black cargo pant and a black sneaker.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I didn't have any proofread for my chapters so, read at your own risk. Hah, I guess its too late for that. Anyway, my fingers are suffering right now so I'm out. Thanks for reading, It means a lot to me. Till next time.👊