Chapter 1 Edited

For the better or worse. (Dreamcatcher x Male FF)

Author note: This is my first fanfic ever so please be nice to me and sorry for any wrong grammars.🙏

 

"Childhood should be carefree, playing in the sun; not living a nightmare in the darkness of the soul."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Hey, honey. Why are you not sleeping yet? It's almost midnight." said the mom when she saw her daughter still awake and stared outside her bedroom's window.

 

"I just woke up again because the moon tonight is so beautiful," she answered her mom then pointed up to the sky toward the moon.

 

The mom climbed a bit on her daughter's bed to get a clear view of what she's pointed and feels awed by the moon.

 

"Yeah, it's beautiful...and scary at the same time," she said while patted her daughter's head.

 

Anyone will be amazed if they saw the moon that night. It's a rare sight to behold, a red moon.

 

====================

 

The melodies in the woods that has been acted as a wall along the secluded road can be heard as the crickets orchestrated a musical show using their legs as an instrumental.

 

After a while, the melodies became quite when the performers have to jump away to save their life when they witnessed one of them being crushed and lay flat on the ground.

 

The culprit can be identified as one of the three humans who was running and jumping through the woods.

 

The man wearing a bandana and with an annoyed face begun talking. "Sheesh. Why can't we get done with this sooner? I hate doing overtime." he complained to his two companions.

 

"Well let them enjoy their freedom for a bit longer. It's very amusing to end their life when they think they will live a happy life." answered the tall and buffed man beside him and grins.

 

The woman behind them laughed hearing her friends conversation.
"Sooner or later, nothing will change for them. Only death awaits," she stated and catching up to them.

 

====================

 

"Are you sleeping, son?" asked the man on the driver seat, carefully steered the car they are in along the lonely road.

 

The boy shakes his head before answering. "I can't.". His mom just smiled hearing her husband question.

 

"He suffers from Insomnia. I can't believe you forgot that." his mom said, hitting his dad's shoulder lightly.

 

"Ah right. Haha, I forgot. Sorry. There's a lot on my mind lately." his dad apologies while tapping his head.

 

The boy smiled observing his parent interaction and resumes his thought of curiosity at where they are headed.


They have been on the road for about two hours headed to only God knows where.

He keeps observing his parent from the start of their trip and can't help but thought there's something wrong.

He might be just a ten years old kid but he's not dumb. He saw and felt his mom and dad anxieties.

After he got tired of his thought that's not gonna bears any fruit, he scooted to the side of the back passenger's seat and leaned his head on the window.

He closed his eyes and tried to sleep before the car's window being hit by something from the outside making a loud sound.

"Ahh! What the..." he said quickly moved back to the middle. His mom turned her head to the back and his dad just glanced through the front mirror to keep his focus on the road.

"What wrong? Are you okay Yano?" his mom asked worriedly. "What was that?" his dad asked breathing rapidly.

"It's a...twig I think," he answered his parent. "And I'm okay don't worry," he added, assuring them.

'Will they believe me if I told them? Nevermind but, is that really were a boot?' he thought while trying to slow down his heartbeats.

====================

"Hey Gurong, you moron! You almost landed on their car!" the tall man scolded his cohort, the bandana guy.

"Dohyuk, how long have we been together? Don't tell me you only know he's a moron just know," she commented his friend with a mocking tone.

"Heh, Rayna that's hurt you know. I just lost balance a bit back there. Don't need to insult me and all." he pouted by his female friend's comment.

"I don't know bad guys can pout too. Anyway, what are you gonna do with that?" she asked pointing to the man feet with her eyes.

He looked at his feet and at Rayna. "Um, can I borrow yours," he said smiling sheepishly. She stared at him, annoyed by his stupidity.

"Heh joking! Proceed with a barefoot then. What a shame, that's my favorite boot too." he told her looking back where his boot dropped earlier.

====================

The clock in the car shows the numbers four twenty-two A.M. Yano began to dives into drowsiness before his dad talked to him again.

"Hey, Yano?" he called him and heard a short 'hmm' from his son. "I'm really sorry if I didn't give you a nice life like others kids at your age. It's not my intention. I didn't know it will end up like this." he suddenly told him touchy things.

Yano listened quietly to his dad before his mom joined in. "I hope you can forgive us," she added wiping her tears slowly.

"I might not have a great life, but, I'm happy with you guys always with me so, there's nothing I need to forgive for."

His parents thanks him before his mom spoke. "You still remember your older sister right?" she asked as she locked her hand together.

"How can I forget my one and only sister I have?" he answered.

"If we are no longer in this world please, find her and tell her that we also love he very much." his dad steps in after seeing his wife won't be able to speak as she began sobbing.

"I don't want to," he stated. "You two need to say that to her yourselves," he added feeling uncomfortable by their conversations.

"Of course, but, we never know what will happen ahead of time." his dad explained his short statement.

"And of course, we love you too, Yano." his mom manage to say that after calming down a bit.

Yano decides to just ignore it but, he got a feeling if he didn't say anything to them, he will regret it for the rest of his life.

"I love you too. Mom...dad." he just said and leaned his body to the back.
As his sister is mentioned, a wave of a missing feeling hit him.

'Just where are you right now? I miss you, Noona.' he thought while looking to the outside as a big tree passed them one by one.

One hour later, Yano's parent talked quietly as he already falling asleep.

"Are we really gonna be safe there." his mom asked his dad.

"Yes, Moryong told me as long as we are there, they can't do anything to us. He even got supporters from the government." his dad reassures his wife.

"So long as our children can live their life happily, I don't really care what will happen to me," she said looking at her son through the front mirror.

"There's nothing to worry about. We will be fine, okay?" he said holding his wife's hand beside him and smiled.

After a while, Yano suddenly jolted awake and breathing rapidly as his heartbeats kept increasing.

His parents surprised by his action asked if he's okay. He told them he feels numb like an electricity ran through his whole body and his sight gotten blurry.

His mom looked at his dad. "Did he..." her husband just nodded. "You'll be fine son, be strong. We are almost there. Keep breathing slowly." he instructed his son.

Yano did as his dad told him and breathes in and breathes out. He calmed down after a few minutes.

"Thank you-" he didn't get the opportunity to finish his sentence when their car suddenly crashed against something hard and flipped over.

It rolls a few meters before stopping after it hit the tree. The thick smokes came out before three peoples landed on the ground a few steps away from them.

====================

Yano opened his eyes slowly and winched in pain as he tried to get up from the rough road.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have any energy left except to moves his head looking for his parent.

"Mom... Dad...where are you...?" he managed to utter the words using his remaining strength but didn't get any answers.

Again, he tried to move his body but to no avail. He gave up and laid his head on the road sobbing lightly.

He almost lost consciousness when some noise grabbed his attention. He turned his head to the other side and saw a man, with only one foot that has a boot on.

"Ah, poor boy. Want your mommy and daddy huh," he said mockingly before he choked Yano and dragged him on the rough grounds.

He stopped and threw Yano to the front as he groans in pain, added to his already injured body.

He lifted his head a little and saw his parent, leaning against each other's back. They looked lifeless and bleed all over their face and body, drenching to their clothes.

His parent still begged the assailants to let him go. He is just a kid and didn't know anything. They just laughed at them like they were making a joke about peoples lives.

"Any last words? Doctor Moon." Dohyuk asked him as Rayna got something from her pocket.

What Yano saw was too much for him as he only focuses on his mom and dad. They still smiled at him to make him feels better. They also told him that he will survive even without them.

His mom mouthed him something and his dad just displayed him a loving smile before that woman tossed what she took from her pocket to the ground near his parent.

They all jumped back before the item exploded sending a shockwave toward them as they just blocked it with their arms.

"Please find your sister in our place. We love both of you very much and we are sorry."

That's what his mom mouthed at him and the only thing replayed in his mind over and over before unconsciousness took over him.

Dohyuk turned around and his eyes wides open in shocks, same for the other two as they turned around one by one.

Yano has stood up groggily and gritted his teeth before lifted his head, looking at the three peoples in front of him with his pupils turned red, matching the moon that night.

"I...KILL...YOU..!"

He spoke and launched himself towards them while screaming.

"RAHHH!"

====================

"Yah! Yano, wake up!" the girl shakes his body, hearing him screaming in the middle of the night.

Yano sprung his body upward so fast making the girl fails to move her head out of the way in time as they bumped their head together.

They both groaned in pain and rubs their forehead.

"What were you doing!? It hurts!" he yelled and looked at the girl beside his bed, wearing a Pikachu outfit.

"It's your fault for screaming in your sleep." she defended herself. She saw him sweating a lot.

"That dream again?" she asked feeling concerned.

"Yeah. Sorry for being so loud." the girl just smiled and shakes her head. "Are not you can't really sleep at night? She asked, curious.

"Well, someone sang me a lullaby." he smiles. She thinks a moment before nodding understand.

"Why are you not sleeping yet?" Yano asked her, smiling because he knew the reasons.

"No. I slept but woke up because of your screams," she said while trying to make a poker face but unknown to her, it failed.

"Liar. I don't see any sign of sleep on your face. I bet you stayed up to play a video game again." he raised his eyebrows at her.

She just giggled and ran out of Yano's bedroom, leaving the door open. Yano smiled and sigh observing his friend antics. "And don't be late for class tomorrow!" he shouted his reminder to her.

'That dream. No, it's my memories. I will never forget that tragedy. I will find the truth and my older sister. Maybe other people will talk about revenge but I don't give a crap about that, I just want to know the truth of what really happened as for why my parent need to die and what happened to me after the explosion that kills my parent before they found me unconscious in the woods. Furthermore, I have a great life here and good friends. I don't want to lose that because of some stupid revenge. People can call me a coward for all I care.'

To be continued...

 

So... that's it chapters 1 everyone. Guess who the girl is hahaha.
And please excuse me for any wrong spellings or grammars because English is not my main language.🙏
Till next time. Thank you for reading!

 

I know now that writing a fanfiction is a bastard. Poor my fingers😭. Hope you like the chapter. Then, I'm out👊.