✧・゚: *4*:・゚✧

learning to love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pete's POV

 

 

When I opened my eyes, I realised that I wasn't in my room -The atmosphere was foreign.

 

I tried to remember what had previously happened, and the memory of losing consciousness came to mind and my eyes widened. I felt the bed sheets underneath me and the warm blanket that covered me up till my chest. Where was I?

 

I abruptly sat up which caused my head to throb in pain at the sudden movement. I held my fingers to my temples and massaged them, trying to ease the discomfort. I looked around the unfamiliar room, and noticed a boy sitting at a desk in the corner of the room. After a few seconds, I realised that it was the boy I met previously in the rain. Was this his house? I thought to myself.

 

I discretely leaned towards my right to get a better view of what the boy was doing at the desk. Unfortunately, this made a large creaking noise of the bed due to the sudden change in weight, which caused the boy to turn around and look at me.

 

 

 

 

'Are you feeling better?'  the boy gently asked.

 

I looked down at the bed sheets - unable to look at him and gave him a slow nod. I was too embarrassed to face him - what would he have been thinking of me; a boy who was crying outside in the rain at 2:00am on a Friday, who then fainted on the road? I felt a nauseous sense of guilt at the thought of the boy having to carry me out of the rain and into his house like this.

 

 

 

 

I felt the bed dip and when I looked up, my eyes met the boy's who was now sitting on the edge of the bed in front of me. He brought his hand up to brush my hair out of my face and placed his palm on my forehead. 'Your fever seems to be gone now.' he pointed out with a smile.

 

I felt my cheeks grow hot as I looked down, avoiding eye contact. 'Thank you... for helping me out last night'  I uttered softly. 

 

 

 

 

I heard a soft chuckle and felt the warm hand leave my forehead.

 

'No need to thank me. I couldn't leave you in the rain, unconscious like that..' 

 

His voice was delicate and calming, yet deep and firm. I looked up a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter