Chapter 2. Hello Angels

Camp Pop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun woke up in the morning feeling excited. He jumped out from his bed, opened his curtains then did a little bit exercise (which consisted of stretching, push-ups and sit ups–gotta look good for the lady).

After washing up, he spent almost an hour choosing his outfit today. Then he barged in into each of the other princes’ rooms, bugging them with his loud singing to wake them up. All of the boys (except Jongdae and Yixing who had already woke up) protested while Baekhyun just laughed joyfully.

The six people later joined Baekhyun, Jongdae and Yixing in the great dining hall.

Baekhyun: (Annoying mode on) Dig in, losers!

Fortunately the rest were over being annoyed by the sudden wake up visit, so they took their seats eagerly because of their rumbling stomach.

Chanyeol: I’m starving!

Minseok: (To Baekhyun) Well you sure look fresh today. Did you dream about your lovely mysterious YG lady?

Baekhyun almost choke on his water. He completely forgot that almost his whole action last night was under his friends’ watchful eyes.

He tried to play it cool though.

Chanyeol: (Shook his head) I can’t believe he flirted with a girl long enough for us to watch.

Junmyeon: Aahhh yess. That’s why he’s full of energy today? Can’t wait to see your lady huh?

Kyungsoo: IF he can recognizes her though.

Baekhyun: Oh but I sure CAN.

Sehun: Glad I wasn’t there from the start. Must be painful.

Jongdae: (Rolled his eyes) You have no idea.

Baekhyun just gave a small smile (with cheeks slightly red).

Baekhyun: We’ll see, guys. We’ll see.

Jongdae: Why is it not fun to now MEH.

Jongin: (Sipped coffee) Aah this is nice.

Junmyeon: (Raised his eyebrow) No heavy hangover?

Jongin: (Laughed) What are you saying, hyung? I wasn’t that drunk.

Sehun: Tell that to my shoulder, you heavy passed out sleeping beauty .

They all laughed at the maknae’s remark.

Jongin: (Grumbled) Stupid spiked orange juice.

Minseok: Well it’s a good thing you never get too crazy when you’re drunk.

Jongdae: Yeah he just goes crazy with his dancing.

Yixing: And he did whine all night though. ‘Where’s my dancing partner?? Where’s she??’. Like that.

Sehun accidently knocked his empty glass while Jongin’s eyes grew wide.

Jongin: Did I?

His hyungs nodded.

Jongin: (Put a hand on his right cheek) Aah yes now I remember. I was having fun dancing with this awesome girl…

Yixing patted his back.

Yixing: I’m sure you can meet her today, bro.

Jongin: (Smiled) I hope so. (Then just realized) But this means that she’s from YG….

He sighed.

Jongin: I don’t even know what she looks like.

His hyungs grinned at him.

Baekhyun glanced at Jongin and the cool faced Sehun then secretly chuckled.

Baekhyun: My my… I hope there won’t be a showdown between these two maknae.

Then they talked about how considerate SM and YG were for starting the class late in the morning because of students who might have a hangover due to last night’s party. The first class for today took the second class slot, which means it would start at 10.30 AM instead of 8.45 AM.

Baekhyun: Anyways I can’t wait for our first class!

Jongdae: (Frowned) Since it’s my first day to teach, go easy on me okay guys?

The rest of the beagle line clapped their hands.

Chanyeol: Hooo you’re teaching us at the very first class? You’re basically opening Camp Pop for us, dude. Whooooot!

Baekhyun: You’re gonna slay us with your God-like vocal, teacher!

He rolled his eyes.

Jongdae: Exactly what I meant by go easy on me.

Junmyeon: (Chuckled) Blurry line between go easy on me and don’t embarass me, eh?

Jongade pouted to their leader.

Jongdae: Aahhh Myeonnie hyung, I need your help to control them!

The boys call their leader ‘Myeonnie’ cutely everytime they want or wish for something.

Junmyeon: I’m not gonna fall for that. You have the authorization to control them later in class, TEACHER.

Jongdae: Meh I’m gonna make you sing Anaconda by Nicki Minaj later in class.

The princes laughed hard while their leader’s face turned brutally shocked and repulsived.*

*No offense Nicki Minaj fans.

---

The SM students sat nicely, occupying the right side of the rowed seats (the class had a U-shaped seating style). The princes sat at the front row. Jongdae stood anxiously in front of the class. Although loud chattering could be heard here and there but secretly all of their eyes were fixed at the door, waiting for the YG students.

Baekhyun tried to be cool though his heart was jumping all over in it’s cage.

At 10.30 AM sharp, the door opened. It felt that all of them in the class were holding their breath. Yunho walked in first, followed by two petite girls. After those three all the YG students poured in and walked cooly to their seats.

They had that rebel chic classy aura, very different from SM students who looked very well groomed.

Baekhyun squinted his eyes, searching for his not-so-mysterious lady anymore. And as if time slowed down, four girls immediately caught his attention. They didn’t make a scene, they just walked in casually. But somehow all eyes were watching them. Was it the way they dressed? Walked? Or moved? One thing’s for sure, they had that aura that demanded attention.

His heart fluttered.

Baekhyun: THERE SHE IS! OMG OMG SHE’S ACTUALLY HERE, AT THE SAME PLACE AS ME!

He could hear wondering whispers from his friends and also from other SM students.

But it was Prince Yoda who gave the other princes a surprise.

Chanyeol: That’s the princesses of YG!

Prince Yoda gasped then put a hand over his mouth.

Minseok: How do you know??? We’ve never seen their faces!

Six faces were looking at him with a curious and shocked expression, except a frowning Sehun.

Sehun: He’s a big fan of Princess Rosé aka Chaeyoung. He even has a wall in his room dedicated to her where he puts posters and stuffs.

Their maknae nonchalantly explained while his gaze was still focused on the four said princesses.

Chanyeol’s eyes widen while the rest of their friends let out a surprise gasp then some of them laughed. Hard.

Baekhyun: MY LADY OF THE LAKE IS A FREAKIN’ PRINCESS, HOLY SHIIIIIIIIT! OTTOKE NOW???

Junmyeon: WHAT. SO SHE’S A PRINCESS? THE BEAUTIFUL TREE CLIMBER BOOKWORM IS A PRINCESS????

Chanyeol: WOW GOOD JOB, LOOSE MOUTH. WAIT NO IT’S SEHUNNIE’S FAULT!

Then he glared at Sehun.

Sehun: WTF DRUNKEN EMERALD GIRL IS AN EFFIN’ PRINCESS?! I didn’t see this coming…

Yixing: (Big smile) Why I never knew that side of yours!

Jongin: (Laughed) Oh my God, Chanyeol hyunggggg~!!!

The loud noise the students were making died down instantly with only one word from Yunho.

Yunho: SILENCE.

The princess looked at Chanyeol and said “You owe us a story” with their eyes. Prince Yoda faked ignorance.

Yunho looked satisfied that all of the students followed his command. After making sure that the YG students all have a seat, he proceeded to open the class.

Yunho: (Cheerful) Good morning everyone. I welcome each and one of you to SM castle and to this very first class of Camp Pop!

He gestured to Jongdae and the other two YG girls.

Yunnho: The vocal class main teacher is Kim Jongdae from SM, while the supporting teachers are Lee Hayi and Lee Suhyun from YG.

The three persons mentioned nodded and bowed but didn’t say anything as Yunho was still doing his talk.

Yunho: I’m sorry for taking up the first few minutes of this class, but I need to give some explanations to you guys. The teachers at this year Camp Pop are mostly dominated by youngsters, but believe me when I say they have the talent and qualities to pass on some knowledge to you, so please don’t underestimate any of them. And this year we’re also inviting teachers outside of YG and SM to bring new knowledge and experiences. We want to show you a colorful Camp Pop with a lot of varieties in it!

Baekhyun nodded while secretly glancing to his adorable princess.

Baekhyun: This year’s Camp Pop will NOT BE BORING. For sure.

Yunho: I will monitor the classes from time to time while in SM castle, feel free to ignore me when the lesson has started.

He grinned seeing some students shook their heads, laughed, getting stiffed, or even rolled their eyes.

Baekhyun: (Whispered to his friends) I bet you he’s afraid that some of us will bully those YG kids.

Some of them frowned.

Chanyeol: But judging from their appearances it’s most likely they’re the ones who’ll bully us.

Yunho: Then… For the teachers, please start your class.

Yunho then went to sit in the front center. Jongdae nodded to the girls before clearing his throat.

Jongdae: Good morning, everyone. Welcome to the vocal class. I’m your main teacher, Kim Jongdae from SM Kingdom.

Surprisingly, all SM and YG student greeted him.

Students: Hi Jongdae seonsaengnim!

He chuckled.

Baekhyun felt really relieved they all accepted and appreciated Jongdae as their teacher.

Jongdae then gestured his co-teachers to introduced themselves.

Hayi: Hello everyone. I will be assisting Jongdae-ssi in this class. My name is Lee Hayi from YG Kingdom.

Suhyun: And I’m Lee Suhyun from YG! Also will be assisting Jongdae-ssi here. Nice to meet you, everyone~!

The SM students were already smitten by the cool and cheerful girls from YG. The class then greeted them back also.

Minseok: (Whispered) They’re cute!

Jongdae: Since we don’t have time for each and one of you to introduce yourselves, please write down your name in the name tag that was given before you entered this class. And make sure you always wear the name tag necklace during Camp Pop, okay?

Baekhyun and his friends quickly scribbled their names and wore the name tag necklace (that was designed exclusively by Cartier).

He squinted his eyes, trying to read his crush’s name. The four princesses sat in the middle row, opposite of EXO.

The girl with the braided frost brown hair played with her name tag necklace. She was wearing blue jeans and crop jacket.

Baekhyun: Chaeyoung huh?

Next to her was the girl of his dream. She wore a matching blazer and pants, her dark brown hair was let loose. Her cool gaze swept the room, examining the students.

Baekhyun: Finally I know her name! JENNIE. JENNIE. JENNIE. Such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Or princess to be exact.

Then he focused to the girl next to Jennie. She also wore a blazer (black one), but with a maroon mini skirt that was now covered in a blanket.

Baekhyun: Ji… Soo? She’s also very pretty.

He shifted his eyes to the last princess. Her light ash brown hair was styled in a high ponytail. Somehow she had that foreign look with her big eyes. She wore light yellow hoodie crop and black denim pants.

Baekhyun: Even her name is foreign. Lisa? Wow they’re all so pretty.

He wanted to wave hello at Jennie when her eyes landed at the princes’ direction but held himself. Baekhyun noticed she also quickly turned her head away to talk with her friends.

Baekhyun: Huft so cool and chic eh? Another different side of her that I get to see…

He smiled from ear to ear. Then stopped when his friends looked at him strangely.

Yixing: My oh my…. THAT LOOK.

Kyungsoo: He must’ve found his mysterious girl.

Junmyeon: (Frowned) But how do you recognize her?

Baekhyun: (Shrugged) I have my way.

The other princes couldn’t say anything back since Jongdae resumed the class.

Jongdae: Okay everyone, I assumed you guys have already written down your names. Now for starter, I’m sure you guys are thinking ‘who are those teachers, why are they chosen to teach’, excetera. That’s why we’re now going to sing a song for you. Just so you get a glimpse of our vocals and techniques.

Then the three of them sang G.NA & Rain’ song What I Want To Do if I Have a Lover beautifully.

The class gave them a full on applause, cheering and clapping energetically.

Minseok: Whoah the YG girls’ voices…!

Baekhyun: Yas you did great, uri Jongdae!!!

Jongdae spoke again after the clapping stopped.

Jongdae: Thank you. Thank you. So what we want you guys to do now is divide the boys and girls, then please sit according to your vocal type. We’ll help you settle.

The class looked doubtful at first but then moved as one by one started to find their seats. The boys were assigned to the right, while the girls on the left.

Chanyeol: Guess we’re sitting with the baritone group.

He gestured to Sehun and Jongin who nodded then followed Chanyeol. The other stayed in their seats that turned out to be the area for the tenor group.

Baekhyun watched as the YG princesses looked at each other confusingly.

Suhyun: It’s okay if you guys don’t really know which vocal type of group you belong to. Just join the group you feel fit your voice. We’ll help you later on that.

A few students looked relieved then sat casually to whatever group they felt they belonged to. Both boys and girls side that were now a mixed of SM and YG awkwardly greeted each other, but soon small chats were heard here and there. The EXO princes also tried to blend and welcome their new friends.

Jongdae: Okay guys, thanks for settling in to your vocal type groups. Since we have 150 people here–no Yunho seonsaengnim, I’m not counting you, there’s no way we can assess each of your vocals for only one and a half hour of class. Moreover we only have about an hour left! So for today, we’re going to practice the song I, Suhyun-ssi and Hayi-ssi sang earlier. Please find the music and lyric sheet on each desk. Study it for five minutes, then we’ll try to sing together.

Junmyeon: Awh he’s such a good teacher.

And so they spent the next hour trying to sing the song in harmony while confirming their vocal tones, the students also tried to remake the song together (as chaotic the process went). Baekhyun have never imagined how civil SM and YG could be in one big room. They even had fun and enjoyed the class together. He hoped this will last until the very end of Camp Pop.

He was disappointed in one thing; the fact that he couldn’t hear the princesses’ voices properly. The theme for today was ‘togetherness’ so no one’s vocal really stood out. He wanted to hear Jennie’s singing voice again so bad.

---

A bell rang, notifying them that it was lunch time.

Jongdae: Huh? That was fast, I felt like we had just begun the class! But uh okay everyone, time for lunch. Thank you all for your cooperation. Until our next meeting!

Hayi: Which is tomorrow!

Suhyun: Bye class! I can’t wait to eat your food, SM friends!

They all laughed before saying thank you to their teachers.

Yunho: Okay class, please follow me. Especially for YG students, I’ll walk you to our humble dining hall!

The students eagerly followed in behind Yunho’s footsteps, even Baekhyun tried to walk along them and catch up to his princess but a hand firmly grabbed his right upper arm.

Baekhyun: Huh?

It was Jongin.

Jongin: Interrogation time!

He tilted his head to a very uncomfortable looking Chanyeol who was held by Junmyeon and Yixing on each side. Baekhyun groaned, how could he forget about his curiosity of Chanyeol knowing the YG princesses. He glimpsed at a smiling Jennie in the crowd of students leaving the classroom then sighed.

Baekhyun: Guess I’ll greet her the next chance that I get.

The princess dragged Chanyeol outside the garden to interrogate him. They were all under the shade of a big tree, a few sat on the bench with Chanyeol while the rest stood intimidatingly against him.

Junmyeon: (Firmly) Speak.

Sehun: Yeah make it quick because I’m hungry I’m so ready for lunch.

He looked at eight determined faces one by one then sighed.

Chanyeol: Well, you see… It all started ten months ago when I, uh, volunteered myself in my sister’s charitable foundation.

Although the two kingdoms were not exactly in good terms but they were also not in a war, they had to maintain their diplomacy somehow. One of the ways was through social development, such as humanitarian activities. There were a lot of charity events that involved both kingdoms, sometimes held in SM and sometimes in YG.

Kyungsoo: How come we never heard about it?

Chanyeol: Because I never told anyone. I also disguised myself as an ordinary citizen.

The charity events were one way to get to the other kingdom without making a fuss. Moreover, since his sister worked in the humanitarian field and has a charitable foundation (named Viva Polo) of her own, Chanyeol could freely and easily move in it.

Minseok: Why did you do it?

Chanyeol scratched his head.

Chanyeol: Well I want to say that it’s because my priority was helping those in need, but that would be a lie. I noticed that Yoora noona’s Viva Polo Foundation was doing a lot of charity related visits to YG Kingdom and I just wanted to see what the other side was like.

He waited for his friends’ reactions. They gave him a disbelieve look.

Chanyeol: Oh come on, don’t tell me that you’ve never once thought of what kind of kingdom YG is!

He crossed his arms.

Chanyeol: We were told since birth that they are our enemies, rivals, competitors, blah blah whatever. But deep down inside we knew it was just some ancestry problem that has nothing to do with us now. We secretly wonder what kind of people they are.

Junmyeon sighed at his speech.

Baekhyun: Okay. okay. Yes we get it, that’s true. Carry on.

Chanyeol: Well yeah then one day I begged her team to let me join them for a visit to YG. Of course my sister didn’t know about this at first–though now she does (He cursed a bit under his breath). Her team and I agreed to introduce myself as an ordinary SM citizen if anybody asks.

His eyes looked faraway, as if he was reliving the moment.

Chanyeol: There is a weekly event at a children hospital there and our team participates in it. Basically we gather the children in a huge room and do fun activities together for a few hours to cheer them up.

Jongdae: Well you always like children.

Chanyeol: (Smiled) I do. And so does she. That’s where I met her. She was storytelling to the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter