Chapter 5. Falling For You

Camp Pop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unlike yesterday, Baekhyun woke up late and was the latest person to join the EXO table for breakfast today. The dining hall was already full of people.

Baekhyun: Good morning.

He yawned while stretching his hands.

Minseok: You’re late. Yesterday you were the one bugging us to wake up early.

Jongdae: Yeah I thought you’d be waking up early every day to the thought of meeting your princess.

Baekhyun: (Perked up) The thought haunts me every second, guys.

His friends cringed.

Sehun: You should join me in the Poetry class. You did afterall, signed up to a new class yesterday.

Sehun: Hmmmph.

Baekhyun: Do I detect bitterness?

Jongin: Yeah and you ate dinner with the princesses without us.

Sehun: Yeah I wonder what kind of appetite Emerald Girl has. What food she likes? Meat? Chicken maybe? Don’t tell me she’s the dieting type…

He was ready to stab himself with a fork for letting his mind wander off recklessly.

Junmyeon: I thought you said you weren’t interested with the princesses.

Jongin: Well yeah, but I can at least be friends, right?

Baekhyun had a feeling that Jongin already knew who Lisa was but didn’t want to share the information. Yet.

Baekhyun: Awh don’t sulk. Let’s hope for another dinner–or maybe even lunch–with them.

The boys unconsciously nodded at his words. The chance of having another dinner with them didn’t look that slim now.

Chanyeol checked his watch then gave a hard pat on Baekhyun’s back.

Chanyeol: (Bright smiley face) Our Piano class starts in fifteen minutes and the bus is going to take off in five. You better swallow your breakfast whole now.

Baekhyun gasped. He forgot that today the classes will be held at YG’s castle.

Yixing: Don’t tell me…

Junmyeon: This kid forgot about it.

Jongin: He probably couldn’t sleep last night because he was too excited after meeting his princess. Right… Hyung?

Baekhyun: Wow 100 points for Jongin.

He got up quickly.

Baekhyun: Let me get my bag! Meet you at the bus pick-up asap.

He ran like the Flash without waiting a reply from Chanyeol.

Jongdae: Love makes him stupid.

Jongin: (Raised his eyebrow) Oh so you think he’s already falling in love, hyung?

Jongdae shrugged.

Jongdae: If he isn’t now, he most likely will be.

Yixing: Just a matter of time, huh.

Jongin went quiet after that.

---

The SM students were welcomed at YG castle by Seungri.

Seungri: (Cheerful) Hi kids! Welcome. Welcome. My name is Seungri, and I’m in charge of you kids for today. (Mumbled) And probably the days after. Anyways, please follow me.

Besides the students who had registered to the first class today (Piano class), there were also a few who came because they genuinely wanted to explore YG castle.

Seungri: Of course if you weren’t that drunk on the masquerade night, you’d remmeber our great dining hall here. Feel free to have a second breakfast or come whenever you’re hungry. Snacks and refreshements are always provided.

They walked past the great dining hall where a lot of YG students were having breakfast. The aroma of the food made a few SM students hungry.

Seungri showed them their resting area for the next days. It was located on the west wing of the second floor.

Seungri: Here is one of our common rooms. We’ve redecorated it so you guys can study (his eyes rolled), hang out and sleep here.

Baekhyun: Whoah….

The vibe in YG castle was very different from SM’s. While they were used to the modern, uptight, white or clean rooms and decorations in their castle, in YG’s most of the colors were dark. Like a modern Victorian castle that maintained it’s original touch with a mix of steam punk and futuristic designs.

Seungri: So for all of you who are not joining the Piano class, feel free to get to know our castle. And for those who are, I’ll show you the way to the class.

The other eighteen students who didn’t joined busied themselves by exploring the room.

Seungri: Oh, but I need to warn you, the third floor is strictly prohibited. You may not enter and wander about without permission, we have guards securing the floor as well. So please, obey this rule.

Curiosity gripped them, even Chanyeol and Baekhyun were exhanging intrigue glances.

One student dared to raise his hand.

Ssungri: Yes?

SM student 1: May… May we know why??

Seungri’s face turned serious.

Seungri: I’m not supposed to tell you this, but…

The students held their breath seeing his dark expression.

Seungri: That’s where we keep… the philosopher’s stone. Our pet Fluffy is guarding it right now.

A few gasped but most students just gave him a dumbfounded look.

Seungri’s laughter filled the room.

Seungri: HAHAHHAHAHAHHAA GOT YOUUU. HARRY POTTER REFERENCES, GET IT???

He held a hand over his stomach while the students either groaned or laughed with him. Someone commented “Oh man, I thought it was real!”.

Baekhyun was torn between cursing or applauding this hyung he finds peculiar. Chanyeol stopped himself from hitting Baekhyun due to being annoyed and amused at the same time (in the end he couldn’t help but laughed with the others).

Seungri: (Wiped an invisible tear) Hahaha ahhh you should’ve seen the look on your faces! Sorry guys, think of it as my welcoming joke. Oh but the third floor is really off-limits. Our private chambers are up there, from the third until the fifth floor. West and East. And we take our privacy highly, so please respect that.

The students nodded.

Baekhyun: Hmm I wonder which floor is Jennie’s room. NOT THAT I NEED TO KNOW OF COURSE.

Seungri: (Clapped his hands) Alright! If we don’t get you kids to the class in three minutes, a scary hyung is going to strap me to one of his weird chairs, and I don’t want that. Let’s get going~!

The younger ones were slowly beginning to grasp his sense of humor. They shook their heads when the piano class group finally left.

---

The Piano class was held at a revamped indoor sports court. There were thirty baby grand pianos arranged neatly facing a small stage occupied with a grand piano.

Baekhyun: Whoah! This is cool.

The YG students were already present. Baekhyun didn’t bother looking for his princess because he knew she didn’t sign up to this class, Chanyeol on the other hand tried to search the crowd without being too obvious. They both greeted the YG students that they came to know.

Seungri: (Clapped his hands) Attention guys! Your teacher will arrive any minute now, I’ve been given instruction for you guys to pair up. We have 60 YG-SM students and 30 pianos, so two students will occupy one piano. Please do so now.

Baekhyun was about to say something to Chanyeol when someone called their name.

Chaeyoung: Baekhyun-ssi! Chanyeol-ssi!

Chaeyoung was walking towards them with an excited face.

Chanyeol: She’s greeting us!

Baekhyun: Chaeyoung-ssi!

Chanyeol: H-hi!

She looked pretty and fresh just wearing an oversized long sleeve shirt and black skinny jeans.

Chaeyoung: Good morning! I was surprised when I saw you two enter!

Baekhyun: (Grinned) I didn’t know you can play the piano too!

Baekhyun + Chanyeol: White lie.

Chaeyoung: A bit. Yes.

Chanyeol: A-are you alone? I mean, what about the other princesses?

Chaeyoung: Well Lisa can also play a bit but she didn’t want to join this class, the unnies can’t play unfortunately.

Baekhyun: Do you already have a partner?

Chaeyoung: (Nodded) Yes! With my friend over there.

She gestured to a white baby grand piano on the second row. Her friend, a girl with a long black hair, was warming up her hands on the piano.

Baekhyun: Ah too bad, I was hoping to give my partner seat to her.

Chanyeol: Ahhh too late for me.

Chaeyoung: I think you better choose your piano, sunbaenims. There’s our teacher.

She smiled before walking to her piano.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol scrambled to get a vacant piano, and found a black one on the fifth row. Prince Yoda felt a bit bummed because he couldn’t even get a glimpse of Princess Chaeyoung’s figure from his spot.

The teacher turned out to be Yiruma and Chanyeol was ecstatic. He greeted all the students warmly and opened the class by playing The River Flows in You. Most of the students got too immersed in the song that their eyes went teary (Chanyeol peeped and confirmed that Chaeyoung was one of them).

After that, they had to study one unrelease song of Yiruma and he wouldn’t let the class rest until they got it right.

---

Baekhyun: Ohhhhhhhh my God take away my fingers pleaseeee.

He said after their teacher left the classroom. The large portion of the class also groaned in pain but agreed it was a very knowledge adding session.

Chaeyoung was in a heated conversation with her friends and she looked cheerful while rubbing her fingers non-stop.

Chanyeol: (Dreamy smile) Never the one to complain eh.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes then nudged him.

Baekhyun: Talk to her, dude!

Chanyeol: No. She’s with her friends. I don’t want to disturb her.

Seungri suddenly showed up and asked the students to leave the classroom.

Seungri: Guys, you have about fifteen minutes of break. Feel free to hangout anywhere but inside a class, ugh. For SM students, if any of you signed up for cooking class, be ready at the front of the great dining hall at least by 10.26 AM ’kay? I’ll guide you to the class.

Seungri shooed everyone away and emptied the Piano classroom.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were walking behind a group of girls that consisted of Chaeyoung and their SM friends.

Baekhyun had the notion that though the SM girls were kind of jealous with the YG princesses, but they also couldn’t resist the warm and kind hearted Princess Chaeyoung. That thought put a smile on his face. He really hoped things will go well for Chanyeol.

Chanyeol: (Whispered) I’m glad the SM girls aren’t being catty today.

It was not like they were actually catty the day before, Chanyeol just remembered the envious look they showed during yesterday’s dinner. He could only hope they won’t openly show their dislike again nor faking being friends with any of the princesses.

Baekhyun: I don’t think they’d dare. They’re probably jealous and astonished by the Princesses at the same time. And your princess certainly has a charm in dealing with people.

Chanyeol couldn’t control the smug smile that appeared on his face.

Chanyeol: Yeah. She’s just… awesome.

They arrived at the great dining hall enterance. Chaeyoung and a few of their friends went in while the duo just stood there.

Baekhyun: Where should we go?

Just then Chaeyoung suddenly appeared beside them.

Chaeyoung: Sunbaenims, don’t you want to come inside? The other EXO sunbaenims are already here as well.

They both gave a surprise reaction then followed her into the dining hall.

Minseok: Hey guys!

Minseok, Kyungsoo, Junmyeon, and Sehun sat on one side of the table, while Jisoo and Jennie sat on the opposite side.

Baekhyun: JENNIE.

Jisoo welcomed them while Jennie gave a heart stopping smile.

Jisoo: Please sit down, Baekhyun-ssi, Chanyeol-ssi!

Chanyeol: (Astonished) When did you guys get here?

Baekhyun proceeded to sit beside Jennie (the boys supressed their reaction). Chanyeol opted to sit beside Kyungsoo (which gave him the privilege of sitting opposite Chaeyoung).

Junmyeon: We just arrived five minutes ago.

Junmyeon: And then met princess Jisoo in the dining hall and she invited us to sit with her sjdjdjdkdjfncncn SO LUCKY TODAY.

Minseok: Yup. My coffee is still hot. Your coffee is really good, boy I’m so happy!

Jisoo: (Chuckled) Glad to hear that, Minseok-ssi.

Baekhyun: (To the boys) Where are the others? (To the girls) Where’s Lisa-ssi too?

He purposely glanced at Sehun. Their handsome maknae just sipped his mineral water calmly.

Junmyeon: Jongdae came with us but he went looking for Suhyun-ssi and Hayi-ssi to go over the material they need to teach today. Jongin is still at SM, practising for his teaching as well. Yixing is accompanying him.

Jisoo: Uri Lisa is in the shower now. She had a workout session this morning with our trainer.

Sehun: Thank God.

He was feeling conflicted.

Sehun: I don’t want to see her but I kind of want to see her. UGH WHAT THE HELL. This is why I HATE FEELS.

Jennie: How was the piano class?

Chaeyoung: Fun!

Baekhyun: Painful.

Chanyeol: Interesting!

The rest looked at Baekhyun confusingly.

Baekhyun: Our red fingers must’ve slipped unnoticed to you guys.

He was actually a bit exagerating (it wasn’t even a blister) but it caught the attention of the other four that immediately put their gaze on Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Chaeyoung’s fingers.

Jisoo: Omo Chayeongie!

Chaeyoung: (Excited) Don’t worry unnie! I’m fine. Anyways our teacher was Yiruma-ssi! Can you believe that???? I was soooooo happy. He even played my favorite song!

While the others were captivated by Chaeyoung’s story, Jennie glanced at Baekhyun.

Jennie: (Whispered) Are you okay?

Baekhyun: (Grinned) I’m fine. I just wanted you to worry about me.

She slapped his arm lightly. He nudged her softly.

Jennie: Do you want to eat some snacks before we go to the next class?

Baekhyun grinned remembering their rendezvous.

Baekhyun: Maybe next time.

His words were full of meaning, and could only be understand by the two of them.

Baekhyun swore he saw Jennie’s cheek flustered before she turned her head away to join the others' conversation.

His heart stirred. His left hand creeped slowly to Jennie’s right hand, he gave a light touch then lingered there.

She glanced surprisingly at him. Baekhyun looked like he was listening to the conversation well. His right hand supporting his chin. He nodded at some words Chanyeol was saying.

Jennie looked away and let his fingers stayed on top of hers. He secretly smiled.

Kyungsoo: How many more minutes till cooking class?

Chaeyoung looked at her wrist watch.

Chaeyoung: Another five minutes.

Junmyeon: All of you girls are taking Cooking Class?

The three nodded.

Junmyeon: Agh I should’ve signed up to this class!

Chanyeol: Bummer!

Jisoo: Did you come earlier to hangout at our castle?

Junmyeon nodded though originally he thought he had a chance to hangout with her (hence he dragged Sehun along for company) before Art and Craft class.

Jisoo: Well I hope you’ll have fun exploring! (To the others) Shall we go to our class now?

The other five nodded then got up. Baekhyun broke his touch with Jennie but remained his close distance with her.

Junmyeon, Sehun and Chanyeol also got up.

Junmyeon: Can we walk with you guys to the classroom? Might as well go sight-seeing.

Junmyeon: Thank you, brain.

The rest of EXO: Smooth.

Chaeyoung: Of course, Junmyeon-ssiiiiii. Let’s all go~!

She led the way by bouncing on her feet.

Chanyeol: (Amused) She looks really happy…

Jisoo: That’s because our next class involves food.

Jennie: If you guys haven’t notice it yet, uri Chaengi LOVES to eat.

The boys chuckled.

Chanyeol: Cute… Wait, I do remember caughting her eat 2 muffins at one go. Thought that she was really hungry but turns out…

He shook his head then grinned while trying to match her bouncy walk (she was walking a bit too fast now).

They just got out from the dining room when someone yelled at the girls.

Lisa: UNNIES WAIT FOR MEEEEEEE.

Sehun froze.

Baekhyun: FINALLY.

It looked like she ran through the hall. She arrived at their side without breaking a sweat or losing her breath. Her skin was glowing because of the exercise she had earlier. Lisa looked really fresh.

Lisa: Phew glad I caught up with you, you guys didn’t even wait for me!

Jisoo: Heh-he.

Jennie: You surely took a long time washing up.

Minseok: Sorry Lisa-ssi.

That’s when Lisa realized who her unnies were with. Her eyes grew wide before she dived into a low bow.

Lisa: Good morning sunbaenims! Oh my God, sorry. I didn’t mean you guys. My words were for my unnies. I didn’t know that sunbaenims were coming with us, sorry for making you wait long.

Minseok: No worries, Lisa-ssi.

Kyungsoo: Good morning to you too.

Baekhyun: Aaah Lisa-ssi. You’re coming with us to the cooking class as well?

They started walking again.

Lisa: (Nodded) Yes! Are EXO sunbaenims joining as well??

Sehun: Huh this girl can cook? Likes cooking? Or…..?

Baekhyun: Aahh too bad you’re not joining us, Sehunnie.

Junmyeon: All (gestured to the other three) minus Sehunnie, Chanyeolie and I.

Sehun noticed that Lisa’s eyes grew wide again when she realized he was there.

Sehun: One day those big eyes will pop out of their sockets if she keeps doing that.

Lisa: I see.

Chanyeol: We’re just tagging along while sight-seeing your castle.

Lisa: I hope you’ll enjoy your stay here.

The ten of them were walking casually. Minseok, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Chaeyoung were side by side. Then Jisoo, Jennie, and Lisa in the middle row, while Baekhyun, Junmyeon, and Sehun walked behind them.

Baekhyun glanced at Sehun.

Baekhyun: What is this maknae doing?? This is a perfect time to talk to her while Jongin is not around!

He tossed his pen faraway back then tapped Lisa’s shoulder.

Baekhyun: Lisa-ssi, you dropped your pen over there.

She looked confused for a moment.

Lisa: I… did?

Junmyeon looked like he was wodering what Baekhyun was doing (Sehun didn’t have a clue, he didn’t saw what happened).

She made a small run to retrieve the pen.

Baekhyun immediately grabbed Junmyeon’s arm then dragged him to walk besides Jisoo.

Baekhyun: So Jisoo-ssi, I heard you like reading. What book do you recommend me to read?

Junmyeon: What is up with this kid???

Jennie gave Baekhyun a weird look saying ‘You? Read a book?’.

Jisoo: Oh I didn’t know you like to read too, Baekhyun-ssi! Sure thing, what kind of genre do you like???

Baekhyun: Nah not really. I’m just really curious on what kind of book would you recommend to me.

He said while glancing his back. As he predicted, the ever gentleman Sehun waited for Lisa to catch up to them. Baekhyun grinned.

Lisa: (Frowned) This is not my pen…

Lisa was carrying her note binder but just realized that her pen was tugged safely inside it.

Sehun shrugged then they walked side by side.

Sehun: Why did I have to wait for her. Dammit.

A minute that felt like an hour (for Sehun) passed by without them talking to each other, he couldn’t stand it and tried to break the awkwardness.

Sehun: So… you like to cook?

Lisa looked startled by the sudden question.

Lisa: I… don’t really? Every time I tried to cook, it always ended up in failure. That’s why I’m taking this class.

Sehun made a mental check list inside his head.

Sehun: Can cook? Nope. Checked. Wait. Why do I even need to take a note of that.

Lisa: What about you, Sehun-ssi? Can you cook?

Sehun: A little. Not as good as Kyungsoo-hyung or Minseok-hyung though. And by that I mean far from it.

Lisa smiled.

Lisa: You should’ve join this class then.

Sehun: I should, shouldn’t I? But making Kyungsoo hyung cook for me is way more satisfying.

She laughed.

Lisa: Yeah same here with Jennie unnie.

Sehun unwillingly smiled hearing her laughter.

Lisa: Can I… ask you something?

He noticed a genuine curiosity tone in her words.

They arrived in front of the cooking class, where the large double door were already opened. Their unnies and hyungs were still chatting.

Sehun: …. Yeah?

Lisa glanced at their hyungs and unnies then shook her head.

Lisa: Maybe next time.

She smiled then bowed at him before joining her unnies. He didn’t break off his gaze at her.

Sehun: Hmm I wonder what she wants to say…

Chanyeol: Uh… Have fun in the class, Chaeyoung-ssi.

Chaeyoung: Thanks Chanyeol-ssi! Have fun sight-seeing this castle.

Chanyeol: (Grinned shyly) See you later?

Chaeyoung: Sure!

The girls waved at the remaining three boys.

Jisoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter