Chapter 4. Your Pitch Black Eyes Take in My Light

Camp Pop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun blew his dog whistle. Two minutes later Bacon appeared from the dark, bumping his head against Bakehyun’s leg. His owner squatted, then Bacon’s fur fondly.

Baekhyun: Hey there buddy! I hope you’re not sleepy yet??

Bacon wanted to give a loud bark but saw Baekhyun gesturing his right index finger to his mouth so instead Bacon gave a short low bark. His wolfdog looked questioningly at him for being summoned to the garden.

Baekhyun: Good! I want you to come with me tonight. We’re going to meet the most beautiful girl ever.

He stood up.

Baekhyun: (Grinned) And I’ve brought snacks.

He wiggled a picnic basket at Bacon who immediately wiggled his tail.

Baekhyun: Let’s go bud!

This time Baekhyun brought a lantern and he waved it happily while walking deeper into the woods, a light blanket hung on his left shoulder. Bacon ran before him joyfully.

Baekhyun: Ya Bacon-ah! Slow downnn. You don’t even know where we’re going.

Bacon slowed down and matched Baekhyun’s pace. His heart beat unsteadily as they came closer to the lake.

Baekhyun: We’re probably in YG’s territory now, Bacon-ah. We’re badass.

Bacon gave a low approving growl as he skipped his way to the gazebo. He suddenly stopped midway and became alert to another sound of foot steps coming from the opposite direction.

Just then Baekhyun realized a figure walking towards the gazebo.

Baekhyun: Jennie-ssi!

Jennie: Ah Baekhyun-ssi!

She wore a silk pajama under a long coat. There were stainless steel water bottles in each of her hands. Her hair was let loose. Face with no make-up. Just like the first time he saw her, she was raw and beautiful.

Bacon loosen himself up (he took one look at Baekhyun’s face, and stopped himself from rolling his eyes).

Baekhyun: We arrived at the same time.

Jennie stood before him with a shy smile.

Jennie: Good timing.

Then she saw Bacon and almost shrieked.

Jennie: OH MY GOD is that your doggggg?????

Baekhyun: Ah yes. I hope you don’t mind me bringing him tonight. Bacon-ah, say hi to Jennie-ssi.

Bacon stood elegantly while Jennie lowered her body to him. She hugged both water bottles on her left arm when she saw Bacon lifting his left paw up.

Jennie looked excited, giggled, then high-fived him.

Baekhyun: (Shrugged) He loves to high-five instead of shaking hands.

Jennie patted Bacon’s head fondly. Baekhyun felt happy that she’s a dog person as well.

Jennie: (Laughed) That’s cute. Nice to meet you, Bacon-ah!

Baekhyun grinned happily then tilted his head to the gazebo.

Baekhyun: Shall we?

Jennie nodded then walked on the bridge to the gazebo, followed by Baekhyun and Bacon.

They sat with the picnic basket and water bottles between them (there was no table).

Baekhyun: Wow so this is the view from the gazebo. It’s really lovely~

He gazed at the shimmering lake under the moonlight and the stillness of the woods. The lantern he brought hung nicely at one of the pillars, casting a mysterious glow in the gazebo. There was some serenity feeling in the air, dark and peaceful.

Jennie: I know right? I always try to go here before midnight just to take in the scene. It’s just peaceful. Especially after being surrounded by a lot of people during the day.

Baekhyun kept this information inside his head.

Baekhyun: You’re not afraid to go alone every night?

She put on a mysterious smile.

Jennie: I am actually. But I always have someone to accompany me walking through the woods.

Baekhyun quickly scanned their surrounding, but didn’t see anyone.

Baekhyun: Is that someone… alive?

Jennie chuckled.

Jennie: He is very much so. He’s the groundskeeper of YG’s land here. He would let me be alone here then picked me up when I want to go back to the castle.

Baekhyun had a guess regarding the identity of this groundskeeper.

Baekhyun: How does he know when you want to come back if he’s not accompanying you all of the time? I mean, in my case we’re not allowed to bring any communication devices.

Jen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter