Chapter 3. My Lady

Camp Pop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The EXO princes had already changed their clothes and were now stretching and warming up inside the huge dance room. As usual, the SM students have all gathered in the class. YG students still didn’t know their way around the castle, that’s why they needed a guide to take them to every class.

Baekhyun fidgeted, he couldn’t wait to see his princess. He hoped she would join this class.

Baekhyun: Gah why did I say I’ll greet her in front of the boys?? Do I really have to? Maybe I can pretend more longer?

Then he watched his surrounding.

Baekhyun: (Shook his head) No no no. The sooner the better I guess. What if someone makes a move first?

The SM boys were already talking about the pretty YG girls, especially the four princesses (which their friends haven’t had any idea yet that they were royals) whose beauty stood out.

He pouted.

Baekhyun: Jennie’s fault for being so damn beautiful.

Jongdae: (Whined) Aahhh where’s Yixing seonsaengnimmm~~~

Minseok: Probably guiding the YG students like Yunho hyung did earlier.

Jongdae: I hope the princesses take this class too. I want to get a proper look at them.

Jongin: (Rolled his eyes) Please, not another fan of them.

Jongdae: Well apparently I missed a lot. That’s why I’m curious. I want to know why you’re all bewitched by them.

Minseok: Heyyyy not all of us! But they’re all really pretty…

Chanyeol tried to stay still but couldn’t. He ended up always bothering Kyungsoo and was awarded painful pinches.

Junmyeon: Well Yeolie looks happy.

Sehun: I bet he met princess Rose at the guitar class.

At the mentioned of her name, Chanyeol’s face turned red. The boys grinned at him.

Kyungsoo: Wow Sehun-ah, looks like you’re right. How did you know that?

Sehun shrugged.

Sehun: Lucky guess, hyung. Princess Rose can play guitar, remember? And look at his distasteful behaviour after the class.

Chanyeol was about to kick their maknae but got interrupted by Baekhyun and Jongdae who right away (and passionately) to the point he pretended wanting to punch them. After that the beagle line played run and hit.

Meanwhile Sehun looked like he had something in his mind. The truth was, he really did.

Sehun: This is a dance class and she’s one hell of a dancer. I’d be surprise if she didn’t apply for this class.

He glanced at Jongin.

Sehun: Jongin will surely realized Lisa is the one he danced with that night.

He didn’t know why that thought bothered him. Sehun slapped himself.

Sehun: Bros before girls, remember?!

Junmyeon was trying to concentrate on his book (it was actually the book that Jisoo lent him), but his eyes kept darting to the door.

He shook his head.

At that moment, the four men (Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Junmyeon, and Sehun) tried to get a grip of themselves.

The three men: FOCUS ON CAMP POP, MAN! YOU’RE HERE TO LEARN AND ENJOY. NOT TO CHASE A GIRL.

Sehun: You don’t care about girls. You don’t care about girls. You don’t care about a particular drunken princess with her long light ash brown hair.

Of course that thought faded away when the YG students came into the dance room.

Baekhyun: A damn fine girl though.

Thought Baekhyun as he spotted Jennie among the ones who just came in. The princesses were wearing sporty clothes in blue - black - white color theme.

As usual they took the spot across the SM students. While walking there, the princesses said hi to the SM students they’ve gotten to know.

The princes were shocked when they saw Jisoo and Lisa bowing and waving at Junmyeon, Baekhyun, Minseok and Kyungsoo–which the four quickly returned the greeting as well.

Junmyeon: SHE. GREETED. ME. FIRST!

Jongdae: (Gasped) They waved at us!

Minseok: I don’t know why I’m so happy that we’re greeting each other.

Jongin rolled his eyes as if saying ‘Oh boy here we go fanboying them again’.

Another shock came when Chaeyoung waved happily at Chanyeol. He returned the wave with a shy smile.

Jongdae: (Gasped) She waved at Chanyeolie!

Baekhyun: DUDE!

He slapped Chanyeol’s upper arm.

Minseok: Oh my God!

Junmyeon: Wowwwwww something must’ve happened in guitar class huhhhhh?????

Jongin: Chanyeol hyung, TELL US!

Chanyeol spoke through greeted teeths and red cheeks.

Chanyeol: Guys ACT NORMAL. Hush it down will ya??

The boys looked back and forth between their friend and Chaeyoung. Fortunately the princesses were busy settling in and talking with their friends so they didn’t notice the odd behavior coming from the opposite side of the room.

Baekhyun: (Grinned) Whoah a major development in just a day!

Sehun: So happy for you, Yeolie hyung.

Chanyeol: SHUT. UP. GUYS.

Jongdae: What’s it like being noticed by your idol?

Chanyeol wanted to smack him while the others tried hard to muffle their laughter.

Baekhyun suddenly realized something.

Baekhyun: Most of my friends actually have talked and made friends with three of the princess!! That leaves me… and Jennie.

He glanced around, Yixing nor Yunho weren’t in the class yet. Without thinking too much he grabbed the hands of the two people besides him. Sehun and Jongdae.

He basically dragged his two confused friends who looked at each other, who then looked at the others who were staring back at them three with dropped jaws.

Baekhyun stopped abruptly in front of where the princesses were sitting. He let go of Sehun and Jongdae’s arms at once. The girls looked surprised (let alone the spectators; the rest of the students including the other five princes). The princesses quickly stood up. Jisoo was about to greet him but stopped by his action.

Baekhyun: Hi Jennie-ssi.

Jennie’s eyes were wide because of the sudden greeting. She pointed at herself.

Jennie: Me????

Then Baekhyun moved his head forward and lower to her ear so only she could hear what he was about to say.

Baekhyun: Looks like you’re going to accompany me for snacks whenever I want.

Then he grinned shyly like a little kid.

Junmyeon was shaking Minseok’s body.

Junmyeon: What the hell did he say to herrrrrrrrrr????

Kyungsoo: …… So that’s Baekhyun’s mysterious girl?

Sehun and Jongdae’s mouth hung open as they looked at the scene with puzzled expression. The other princesses wore a mixed of shock and confused faces.

Jennie gasped. She looked disbelievingly at him before letting out a small laugh.

Jennie: Oh my God! Noooooo way. I can’t believe it!

Baekhyun: You better. I told you I’d greet you first.

Jennie: But that’s amazing! Like how did you even recognize me??

Her cute puzzled expression hit Baekhyun hard. He wanted to pinch her cheeks.

Baekhyun: (Shrugged) Special power.

Jennie laughed again.

Jennie: Well okay… (Squinted her eyes) Baekhyun-ssi. (Bowed) So we meet at last. I admit my defeat.

Baekhyun gave a small bow as well.

Baekhyun: Oh hi Jisso-ssi. Lisa-ssi. Chaeyoung-ssi, I guess this is the first formal introduction for us. My name is Baekhyun, nice to meet you.

Jisoo and Lisa could only nod out of feeling too stunned while Chaeyoung quickly bowed.

Chaeyoung: N-nice to meet you, Baekhyun-ssi!

Baekhyun: Oh right, I want to introduce my friends here. I’m sure you already know Jongdae. And this is EXO’s cute little maknae, Sehun.

Sehun almost growled at his remark.

The girls didn’t look too surprise, Baekhyun assumed they must’ve heard of the EXO clan’s existance by now. The girls exchanged greetings with Jongdae and Sehun.

Chaeyoung: Ah of course. Jongdae seonsaengnim. Sehun-ssi. Nice to meet you.

Jongdae quickly shook his head and waved his hands.

Jongdae: Aah girls, please don’t call me seonsaengnim! I mean, you can. But only in the vocal class. Only there, okay?

They gave a soft giggle.

Baekhyun hit Sehun’s rib.

Sehun: (Winced) Uh, nice to meet you all.

Sehun noticed that Lisa was subtly examining him. She had this strange look in her eyes that made him lower his cap so his eyes would be hidden.

Baekhyun: How are you liking our castle and the classes so far? I hope you’ve made new friends. I think you’ve made friends with a few of those dorks there?

He gestured to where his friends were at. The five people who were observing them intensively were now pretending to do something else and looked everywhere else but at their spot (Junmyeon even read his book upside down; Jisoo actually smiled at this).

Jisoo: Aah yes. We’re in the same class with a few.

Chaeyoung: Your castle is lovely, Baekhyun-ssi.

Lisa: I enjoyed the classes so far.

Jennie: Yeah it’s our second time to participate in Camp Pop. This year everything’s so different.

Jongdae: It’s refreshing, right? We’ve participated in Camp Pop for five years now.

Chaeyoung: Whoah that’s quite a long time.

Jisoo: We should be calling you sunbaenim then!

Baekhyun was about to give a comment when Yixing and someone familiar stepped inside the class.

Baekhyun: Our teachers are here! Guess we’ll talk later, ladies.

Both parties each bowed then Sehun dragged Baekhyun away with Jongdae following behind.

Baekhyun managed to wave at Jennie and they both smiled at each other.

He was scolded once he rejoined his friends. Meanwhile the princesses looked like they were having a coversation in whispers.

The other princes: BAEK. HYUN.

But that was all they could say because Yixing clapped his hands to start the class.

The murmur died down. Baekhyun was really grateful for the no cellphones rule right now because he could imagine how fast the gossip would travel (It would still travel nonetheless but at least on a slower rate).

Chanyeol slapped Baekhyun’s upper arm while the other four (Junmyeon, Minseok, Kyungsoo and Jongin) gave the latter a death glare.

Yixing: Good afternoon to evening, everyone! My name is Yixing and I’m your dance teacher at Camp Pop. Beside me is my lovely guest teacher for today, Rie Hata.

Rie: (In English*) Hi class! I’m sorry I can’t speak Korean well, thank God I have my talented co-teacher here. I hope you’ll enjoy our lesson!

*From now on all her words will be said in English

The students greeted them back. Everyone knew who Rie Hata was. All of them were excited to have such an awesome teacher. Baekhyun’s shocking scene earlier was soon forgotten (only for a while).

Yixing: So Rie-ssi and I have prepared a little performance for you guys–just for you to get a sense of our dancing style. (In English) Is that okay?

The students clapped their hands and said yes.

Rie: Hope you’ll like it!

They performed a strong street dance accompanied by the song Tambourine by Eve.*

* https://youtu.be/zFpIdvPAo08

The whole class cheered and clapped their hands once it was over.

Minseok: Whoahhhh SO COOL!

Chanyeol: I hope they don’t make us learn that.

Jongin: (Excitedly to Sehun) Dude did you see that??? DID YOU FREAKIN’ SEE THAT?

Junmyeon: Shush language!

Yixing and Rie high-fived then drank water before continuing the class.

Yixing: So… This year we have SM and YG students. Before we completely blend in in this class, I’m sure SM students would like to see YG student’s dance and vice versa right? (Grinned)

Most of the students shouted their agreement.

Rie: Since the host today is SM, shall we start from SM first? I heard you’ve already picked a representative team today, so please go to the center of the room.

The EXO princes looked at each other then walked casually to the center of the room. Yixing also joined them.

Baekhyun glanced at the princesses who were actually cheering them. They all mouthed ‘fighting’ to the boys. Baekhyun grinned then saw his friends (except Sehun and Jongin) smiled shyly at the girls.

They stretched and warmed up a little before standing in their positions. Today the boys wore all black.*

*Same clothes in the Monster dance practice video

The music played (Monster by EXO) and they delivered a powerful performance with difficult choreography.

The student, especially SM’s, clapped and cheered loudly when they’ve finished.

SM student 1: AS EXPECTED FROM OUR IDOL PRINCES!

SM student 2: YEAH GREAT PERFORMANCE AS ALWAYS!

The boys bowed before getting back to their spot. Jennie gave Baekhyun a thumbs up. He put up a peace sign with his fingers as a reply.

Meanwhile Lisa and Chaeyoung were imitating the rappers’ dance move that made Chanyeol giggled (Sehun pretended not to notice though he gave a small smile when no one was looking).

Rie: Great one, guys! Stunning performance as usual.

Yixing returned to his teacher spot then gulped down a bottle of mineral water.

Yixing: Okayyyyy. Next we’ll have a team from YG. Representative team, please come out!

Baekhyun noticed the pricesses were looking at each other then each of them took of their zipper hoodie. They wore black baggy pants and crop tees.* Their hair was let loose now.

*Ddu-Ddu Ddu-Ddu’s dance practice outfit but longer tees and Chaeyoung wearing a white crop tank top under a white mesh tee (= lesser y ’kay you guys).

Junmyeon: (Gasped) They’re. All. Wearing. CROP. TEE.

Jongin: Whoah are they trying to destroy us?

Chanyeol covered Jongin’s eyes with his big hand.

Chanyeol: Don’t look at them with hungry eyes, you ert.

Minseok: So… They’re the representative team from YG?

Baekhyun: Interesting…

He cheered Jennie subtly. She saw it and gave him a cute smile.

Rihanna’s BBHMM remix song started playing and gone were the cute princesses, they turned into fierce female dancers that bewitched the audience.

Jongin: The one with the white tee… Princess Lisa isn’t it?? She’s really good, man.

Sehun: I knew you would stood out, princess.

Even being surrounded by her beautiful unnies who also danced well, Sehun’s eyes were drawn only to Lisa.

He then glanced at the full concentrated Jongin.

Sehun: Apparently not only my eyes.

Baekhyun tried to keep his jaw from dropping at the sight of dancing Jennie.

Baekhyun: Well I’ll be damned…

Chanyeol: This is my first time seeing Princess Chaeyoung dance! Oh my God be still my heart.

The true fanboy hid his excitement by just tapping his foot aggressively.

Junmyeon: Wow they really want to destroy us huuuuuuuuuuhhhhh??

Jongin rolled his eyes.

Junmyeon: So the nerdy princess likes to read book; checked. Can act; checked. Now dancing? Checked. Jisoo-ssi why are you amazing…

When the girls’ performance was finished, they bowed quickly then semi ran back to their spot.

Jongin: Dudes… That was some y dance…

Jongdae: Way too y.

The others had to agree. Baekhyun had to make sure he didn’t drop any saliva from his opened mouth.

All the students clapped their hands, and not surprisingly (for the other students by now) the EXO Princes clapped the hardest.

Rie: Amazinggggg! Both teams did great!!

Yixing: Wow!

The lesson continued, today’s theme was street dance and the teachers divided the students based on gender. Rie would be teaching some moves to the girls while Yixing to the boys. Later they would unite the girls and boys and make them dance together. Yixing called this a chemistry test.

The next half an hour each group tried their best to learn the dance moves. Almost everyone had a difficulty in learning and memorizing the hard choreography*.

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THZs-lsi4JU

Baekhyun didn’t even had time to glanced at Jennie, he was too busy keeping up with Yixing.

Yixing: (Clapped his hands) OKAY BOYS AND GIRLS, TIME’S UP! (In English) Rie-ssi, are you done teaching the girls?

Rie: I hope so! I hope I wasn’t too hard on you guys?

She turned to the girls who most of them looked like they were ready to just lie down on the floor (some of them did).

YG student: (In English) Rie-ssi, with all due respect you’re kind and all but your choreography is not.

Laughter followed her remarks. Rie gave a bright smile while replying.

Rie: Girl, if we have another hour or so I bet all of you would dance to this easily.

The look on the students’ eyes was the look of doubt.

Yixing: (Laughed) Okay. Okay. Then shall we proceed to the next lesson?

Rie somehow understood what Yixing said.

Rie: Aahh chemistry test.

The students sat in a circular shape, leaving the middle of the room empty. Now Baekhyun could see Jennie and her friends. They looked worn out, except Lisa who looked like she still had some energy left inside her.

Chanyeol and Junmyeon immediately fixed their hair when they realized the girls were sitting opposite them (though the girls weren’t even in the front row).

Yixing: Okay so from the boys group, I’ll choose who goes first based on how well they memorize and apply the choreography. Jongin-ssi, please step to the center of the room.

Jongin got up and did what he was told to.

Rie: I pick Lisa from the girls group! She got all the moves right and fast.

Lisa was startled hearing the mention of her name, but she quickly got up and joined Jongin.

Sehun: No surprise there.

Baekhyun: I bet Jongin-ah’s happy to be paired with her.

Jongin: (Smiled) Hi. My name is Jongin.

Lisa: (Smiled too) Hello. I’m Lisa.

Yixing: So just dance as much as you remember, okay guys?

Jongin + Lisa: Yes, seonsaengnim!

Rie: Ready? Here we go… Music!

They moved perfectly together though it was their first time dancing with each other.

Junmyeon: How come they dance well together?? I mean look at those moves!

It was obvious that the two dancers enjoyed dancing together. Their passion and smile were vivid to the audience.

Jongin: Wait! Why do I feel some kind of de ja vu feeling??

Baekhyun felt that itchy feeling which Lisa felt familiar to him somehow. Like he’s seen her before. But seeing her dance with Jongin now, something just clicked inside his head.

Baekhyun: SHE’S THE GIRL THAT JONGIN DANCED WITH AT THE MASQUERADE BALL! HOLY S—!

Her hair. Her built. Baekhyun didn’t even see her close up that night but she left an impression because of her dancing skill. And how she made Jongin laughed.

And with this realization came the next. Baekhyun whipped his head to Sehun’s direction. Their maknae was looking at the dancing couple with his usual stoic expression.

Baekhyun: THIS MAKNAE. Does he know….? There’s no way he doesn’t realize, he kept his eyes on her all night. I just watched her intensely for five minutes or so but even I recognized her.

He took a good look at the dancing princess again.

Baekhyun: So… the young princess is now probably the center attention of EXO’s maknae line princes. Sehunnie, there’s NO WAY you haven’t figure this out. And Jongin-ah…. If he’s smart he’d most likely realize it by now or at the end of this class.

He didn’t know why he find this situation interesting. A small distraction besides Jennie to fill his head. He made a note to himself to not interfere and watch the progress of what might become a complicated relationship.

Baekhyun: The maknae who’s ignorant towards girls aka we thought he’s gay, who values friendship over love… and the other who doesn’t fully approve of a love relationship between SM and YG. Who will throw away his pride first? …. I wonder.

He could see a foreign expression hidden behind Sehun’s cool facade. Baekhyun smiled.

Baekhyun: Well this maknae never is good at hiding his feeling. He totally can’t lie. Let’s see how long he can keep his facade up….

The dancers nailed the choreography until the very end. By the time the music was over they looked like they were out of breath. Everyone immediately clapped their hands and stood up.

Student 1: HOW DID THEY DO THAT?!

Student 2: Beyond AWESOME!

Minsoek: Oh my God, guysssssss! Uri Jongin and Princess Lisa was amazinggggggg!!

Chanyeol: Did you see how comfortable they were????

Junmyeon: How did they made that instant connection, I want to know.

Jongin: (Out of breath) You’re awesome!

Lisa: (Out of breath) So are you! I can’t believe we did it!

Jongin put up his hand.

Jongin: But we did!

Lisa high-fived him. And in that moment when Lisa laughed freely with him Jongin knew. He knew who she was.

He took her hand and minimized the space between them.

Jongin: YOU…!

Sehun’s body went stiff and he crossed his arms over his chest.

Lisa looked confusingly at Jongin. Their bodies were standing close, too close.

Baekhyun glanced at Sehun but his expression was hard to read. He looked as stoic as before. Like a statue of an over-thinker Greek god.

Student 3: Errr is there a dance part 2??

Yixing: (Cleared his throat) Very well, guys. You did great! Please get back to your spot.

Rie: I LOVED IT! You guys nailed it in just half an hour I DIDN’T EXPECT THAT.

Jongin let go of Lisa’s hand. He whispered to her before they went back to their respective spots.

Jongin: We’ve danced together before this.

Lisa’s already big eyes looked more big hearing this. hung open as she watched Jongin’s back, walking coolly to his friends.

Jongdae patted Jongin’s back.

Jongdae: You did great there, bro!

Kyungsoo: (Serious face) You have to teach me the dance at minute 02.00.

Jongin laughed and before he could announce that he’d found his masquerade dancing partner, Rie spoke again.

Rie: Alright alright! Let’s keep it going. For the next one, Yixing and I will take turns and just choose randomly from each groups. Then anyone from the other group can volunteer to dance with him or her. Got it???

Yixing: Now I want to see all of you dance! But considering the time… I don’t know if all of you will get a turn. There are 100 students in this class. 51 girls and 49 boys. So later for th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter