one

Your Majesty

______________________________________________________________

 

It is yet another rainy morning for London.

 

The windows have turned misty, making it harder for students at London University to get up. Tossing and turning in bed, twenty-year old Jung Eunji groaned at the sound of her annoying alarm. She rubbed her eyes with a yawn, scrambling out of bed to brush her teeth.

 

Ever since the Jung heir moved to London eight years ago, she was disguised as a Korean-exchange student studying Economics at London University, under the name of Seo Yira.

 

This was all meant to protect the Princess and to never reveal herself as part of the monarchy in Soeul.

 

Now mature, taller and having a more toned, muscular build, it seems that all those years of training have paid off. She is due to finally return home as the Jung heir and get married to her Park Princess.

 

A light blinked from her phone, indicating a message.

 

Princess, I have emailed the flight details to you. Please do not be late. - Bada unnie

 

Eunji slid her finger downwards and tapped onto the icon, opening up a document onto her screen. She frowned upon reading the details, wondering if there was a mistake.

 

Economy class seat? Whatever happened to the private royal jet?

 

You will continue to uphold the identity of Seo Yira until you reach Soeul.

 

Eunji shrugged and replied with an “Okay”. Lifting her head up, she sighed upon seeing the state of her room. It’s a mess. She’s got to start packing and cleaning things up soon as she’ll be leaving this place by Friday.

 

There’s clothes scattered everywhere, textbooks flipped open, papers messily left in odd positions and a strange scent coming from her desk; probably the leftover coffee and noodles that she forgot to clean up last night.

 

Without her servants around, Eunji has become a terrible slob. It’s not that she’s become dependent on them, she’s just been so busy with training and studies that she barely has any time.

 

But the thought of returning home brought her mixed feelings. While she will finally bear the responsibilities of a mature adult and burdens of a heir, she will also take her first duty; getting married. At long last, she can finally meet her.

 

The Park Princess.

 

For eight years, Eunji has been dying of curiosity. Although Bada managed to provide her some resources and information of the Park family, there isn’t much to dig around. It’s really just basic history, facts and nothing about her Park Princess.

 

Not even a name or a picture.

 

Arriving at the bus station, Eunji’s eyes caught hold of a girl standing in the midst of the empty spot. Well, she always bumps into her at this timing. They take the same bus to university everyday but Eunji has never gotten the chance to get close to her.

 

The heir vowed to distance herself with girls as she wanted to stay loyal to her Park Princess. She is afraid that she might “accidentally” fall in love with the many beautiful females in campus.

 

All she knows is that she’s Han SooA, another Korean-exchange student who studies Applied Linguistics. The two met at an orientation for international students and as they were the only Koreans, it only made sense that they kicked off pretty easily from the rest.

 

“Hi. I’m Seo Yira. You are…?”

 

“Han SooA. Looks like it’s just you and me.”

 

“Yup. It’s still rare to find Koreans here so it’s good to know that there’s a friendly face around.”

 

“Which department are you from? I’m from the Linguistics department.”

 

“Economics.”

 

It’s a memory that she remembers vividly.

 

Eunji chatted with SooA for hours throughout that orientation. They never paid attention to anything else but themselves. But of course, the heir was careful and never revealed anything about her royal background.

 

From that day onwards, Eunji decided that it was better to keep her distance. The reason was simple.

 

Han SooA is beautiful.

 

She’s unlike any other girl Eunji has seen. It isn’t beauty for show. Just from one conversation, the heir knew that she has a kind, selfless heart.

 

As they studied in different departments, it was difficult for the two to become close friends anyway. But yet again, it is not Eunji’s place to be interested in someone when she is bound to the Park Princess.

 

“Hey.”

 

Eunji waved, standing beside SooA. She hated how the sudden thumping of her heart and sudden nervousness crawling up just wasn’t doing any justice.

 

“Hi.”

 

SooA responded with a smile.

 

Today, she’s dressed in a red flannel, backpack over her shoulders and black hair tied into a long ponytail. It’s a simple outfit but Eunji can’t help but to keep stealing glances all over. She really looks good in any kind of outfit.

 

“Heading to class?”

 

“Yup, and you?”

 

“The usual. Time’s almost up for my exchange term. I’m heading back this Friday.”

 

“Oh, I see. I have to leave London too.”

 

“Hate to break it, but I’m gonna miss this place.”

 

“Me too.”

 

Usually, their conversations end there.

 

The bus has arrived and they hop on, splitting ways into their separate seats and doing their own things. SooA reads, while Eunji listens to music.

 

So she’s reading Kim Ji Young, Born 1982 today. The last time, she was reading Harry Potter. Guess she likes all kinds of genres.

 

During these twenty minutes on the bus, there is only one thing that has her focus on. It’s nothing about her studies nor the scenery outside but, that one girl on the bus, Han SooA.

 

Eunji’s taken note the different types of books that SooA reads in which she buys later for her own copy. Now, she keeps them in a drawer and takes them out whenever she needs a peace of mind.

 

I can’t believe I’m so whipped for a girl that I haven’t gotten to know more during these three years when I’m going to get married! Wow, have you gone mad? Sure am glad Father has no idea about this one-sided crush I’m having…

 

She sighed, raising the volume of her music to the max, hoping that she could do something about this dilemma.

 

 

~X~

 

 

Classes after classes, it’s already a routine that Chorong has accustomed herself to. Now twenty, she still has some baby cheek fat left and the Princess has been working out. She did not want to seem weak and decided to go towards a healthier lifestyle.

 

But more importantly, she has been actively counting down the days to her wedding.

 

For years, Chorong worried whether she would be able to present herself well as a wife to the Jung. She isn’t even sure if she’s biual or a lesbian. She studied on homoual couples, read books ranging from gay and lesbian themes and watched movies to get herself comfortable with the fact that she is going to marry and love a girl.

 

Placing her pen down, Chorong looked around the empty library. It’s already past seven in the evening and she should probably head back to her dormitory.

 

After her Father suddenly told her that she was to continue her studies in London, she thought he was joking. But she believed that it was to better herself as a good wife by polishing skills that can help the future King.

 

So, she took up Applied Linguistics at London University.

 

By delving herself in the world of languages, she wanted to become her wife’s translator and communicator. She hoped that one day she could become the Jung heir’s personal secretary.

 

Chorong didn’t want to sit around the palace and do nothing. She wanted to be an independent woman whom the Jung heir can rely on.

 

She did not want to be seen as a precious object that needs to be protected all the time. She wanted to show the world that women are more than just that and, that old traditions of her family are long gone.

 

Returning back to her room that has always been tidy and neat, Chorong took a quick shower and settled herself under the warm blankets, dialing someone on the phone. It rings for a couple of seconds until it picks up.

 

“Mom.”

 

“Yes, my baby girl?”

 

Chorong smiled widely, hearing the voice of the person whom she missed so much, the Park Queen, Park Jungah. 

 

“I still can’t believe that I’m finally coming home this week Mom! I’m so excited!”

 

“And I can’t wait to hug you in my arms.”

 

“So, what’s happening at home?”

 

“Preparations for your wedding have been very hectic here. We have been keeping your identity and the Jung’s very secretive but with the big day coming, it is time to unveil everything. While there will be a private ceremony done our Park style, there’s also the public one with the whole world will be watching. It will be fancy and luxurious with all the media around. I know you don’t like all the attention but the Jungs run their weddings like that. We couldn’t disagree.”

 

“Well, that’s just the kind of people they are, mom.” Chorong giggled, leaning her back against the bed board. “Makes me wonder if the Jung heir is like that too…someone who has a lot of pride…”

 

“And what about that girl?” Jungah cut in. “Seo Yira? I hope you’re keeping your distance with her.”

 

“I…am, mom. Don’t worry. It’s just that…I don’t know.” The girl paused, an image of Yira flashing in her head. “I am obliged to the Jung heir and no one else. But maybe if I could live out another life as the real Han SooA then…”

 

“Chorong.”

 

“…I’m sorry mom. I shouldn’t be thinking like that.”

 

“I know it’s difficult. Love comes at random times when you don’t expect. Now, don’t tell your father this, but I believe in fate. If you truly have feelings for that girl you’ve been talking to me about, then you will meet her again.”

 

“Maybe.” Chorong sighed. “It’s just me overthinking again. You know how I get worried about the wedding all the time.”

 

“You will do well, my baby. I know you will. The Jung heir will treat you well and your future is in good hands. Now, go get some sleep.”

 

“Alright, I will. Talk to you later mom. Love you.”

 

“Love you too.”

 

 

~X~

 

 

Raven Woods.

 

Even after so many years, it is still the same eerie, quiet place that no man would dare to step foot in. Only the brave would, and that is the members of the Soeul monarchy, the Jung and the Park.

 

Since the prophecy, the Kings have paid annual “respectful” visits to the witches’ home, providing gifts and conducting meetings related to the human society.

 

But often, the topic will turn towards the upcoming marriage between Jung Eunji and Park Chorong and anyone could tell that there was still a sense of fear and uncertainty in their eyes.

 

Naeun knows it all too well.

 

The humans are foolish. The Kings believed that by sending their children overseas, they would be able to change the prophecy.

 

They feared that by letting the two children meet in the early course of their life may spark a strong, powerful yet blind, hot love that can funnel into a fit of jealousy and envy.

 

In a sophisticated plan by Jung Taehyun, they decided to observe their children where their “meetings” were all intended to happen. Chorong and Eunji studying at the same university and crossing paths at the bus stop every morning, it was all intentional.

 

But the Kings were all wrong. Despite their efforts to change the worrying future, everything is in fact, going right on track.

 

As the days’ of the wedding approach, Naeun has been seeing visions. Visions that wake her up in the middle of the night and unlike others, this is one that she could not see clearly.

 

“Babe! I’m here. Don’t worry. It’ll be alright.”

 

Hayoung cooed, embracing her girlfriend warmly in her arms as Naeun broke out in a cold sweat.

 

“Y-Yeah. I’m okay Hayoung. I’m…okay…”

 

Naeun caught her breath, grasping onto Hayoung as she took a couple of minutes to collect herself.

 

“I’ll get you water. Hold on.”

 

Naeun hated how she had to inherit her mother’s abilities to foresee the future. It is both a blessing and curse.

 

She sees the good and the bad, yet no one will understand her pain. Knowing when people die, when the worst events hit and knowing that there is nothing she can do to change it.

 

“Here. Drink slowly.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“No luck this time?”

 

Naeun shook her head. “There’s nothing but darkness. I hear voices. They are…screaming for help.”

 

“This is related to the marriage isn’t it? That power harbouring inside that heir? How can something as simple as that, lead to destruction?”

 

“I simply fear that it may be a repeat of what happened 100 years ago.”

 

Hayoung froze upon the mention, but she shook her head in denial. “No. It can’t be. It’s highly unlikely that those two are reincarnations of them. You’re just overthinking.”

 

“Yeah. Maybe I am. We can't link my mom's prophecy with this one. It will be too complicated.” Naeun placed her cup down and returned back into the arms of her girlfriend. Her cozy, little nest where she can let all the worries go away.

 

The vampire kissed the top of Naeun’s head, moving down to the slope of her neck and the couple were already making out in bed. From soft les to deeper ones, the two gazed into each other’s orbs for minutes, smiling and giggling. It’s their daily routine every morning and they embrace every single moment of it.

 

They are just so deep into the pool of love that a life without their other half…seems like a nightmare.

 

“Any luck on Namjoo?”

 

Hayoung shook her head in response to which Naeun sighed.

 

“Try to contact her again. It’s not safe. She’s getting too close with those humans.”

 

“Do you think she’s gone mad?”

 

“I hope not.”

 

 

~X~

 

 

Heathrow Airport.

 

A place where people meet and part.

 

Chorong has developed such a strong attachment for London that it’s unreal to leave. Spending her whole adolescent life there, experiencing a new culture, meeting new friends and learning new things, it’s safe to say that London is the princess’ second home. 

 

Once she steps foot onto Soeul, she will no longer be a commoner named Han SooA. She will no longer enjoy the freedom and privacy of a nobody. She will return as the Park Princess, wife of the Jung heir.

 

Heading into the terminal and through the customs, sadness and regret weighs heavily onto Chorong’s heart. She hates how it’s never going away, like a scar embedded inside her chest. The image of Seo Yira that lingers in her mind.

 

But Chorong remained hopeful.

 

Yira said that she’s going to return too, so I’m sure that I can use my powers as the Princess to find her. The Jung heir will understand right? It’s not like I’m in love with her…I just want to become friends…if that’s alright…

 

Caught up in her own thoughts, the notice board to Soeul has switched to “Now Boarding”. It is time to go. Finding her seat number and putting her backpack inside the compartments, Chorong sat next to the window. It will be a long flight back home and she’s got plenty of books on stand by.

 

There’s a lot of things on her mind. The thought of finally returning home after eight years, meeting her parents face-to-face, breathing in the clear fresh air of Soeul, eating the home-cooked food she’s missed.

 

“SooA…is that you?”

 

That voice seemed really familiar and oddly, her heart jumped in anticipation. Chorong looked up. It can’t be real. Dressed in an oversized sweater, red cap over her head and that mesmerizing smile, there’s no mistake.

 

She gasped. “Y-Yira?”

 

“Yeah! Wow, I can’t believe it!”

 

Eunji’s face lit up brightly to the point that she could feel the edges of her lips breaking off. Excited, the Jung heir quickly placed her bags next to Chorong’s compartment and moved in, sitting down beside her.

 

“You’re joking…”

 

Chorong gaped, blinking her eyes several times in disbelief. But then again, she remembered her mother’s words and the mention of fate.

 

Maybe…just maybe, she was destined to meet Seo Yira again.

 

“Such a pure coincidence! We bought seats right next to each other, SooA. You know what that means?”

 

“12 hours…with you.”

 

“…Yeah.”

 

As their eyes met, Eunji cleared and looked away. The fact that SooA is just smiling at her so softly like that, it’s really dangerous.

 

“12 hours with you.” Randomly adjusting her chair, she tried to do something to shake off this nervous feeling inside her. “We didn’t really get to talk much so…now’s the perfect time.”

 

Chorong noticed the obvious awkward behavior. Yira is such an open book.

 

The two were getting along so well but suddenly left their momentum hanging for the past three years simply because of a reason that she can never tell her.

 

Perhaps, this was her chance.

 

“Sure.” Chorong closed her book. “We have so much to catch up.”

 

“By the way…” Eunji stood up and stretched her arm over the compartment. The slight drop of her sleeve revealed a glimpse of her toned muscle, making Chorong’s heart thump at the sight.

 

Taking out a book from her bag, Eunji flashed a smile and waved it over. “I have the same book.”

 

“Hey, you’re not doing this on purpose right? First, we are taking the same plane. And now, we read the same book!”

 

“What? No!” The heir laughed. “I saw you reading it on the bus so I was curious. Have to say, it’s a really good book.”

 

“You don’t seem like the type to read though.”

 

“Yeah. I fall asleep once I’m five pages in.” Eunji said in a sarcastic tone, causing Chorong to laugh out loud.

 

Just hearing SooA’s laugh was sending Eunji to cloud nine. She’s never felt this kind of happiness in her life. It feels so soft on her chest, fluttering yet gentle.

 

 “Well, I admire your dedication. Books aren’t really for everyone.”

 

“Excuse me ladies, please buckle your seatbelts. We will be departing shortly. And I would appreciate it if you could tone down a little. There are other passengers on board.” A flight attendant interrupted their noisy conversation.

 

The two apologized and buckled up, realizing that they were talking really loud. Eunji glanced at SooA, noticing that she was blushing out of embarrassment. It looked super cute.

 

But Eunji had to control herself. She can’t just suddenly cup her cheeks out of nowhere and say it directly to her face that she’s cute. She can’t. Eunji belongs to the Park Princess, not Han SooA.

 

Instead, an idea popped into her mind. Taking out her old Ipod that contained her classic favourite songs, she plugged in the earphones and handed one to SooA.

 

“Hey.” She whispered, “Since we’re about to take off soon, let me share you some of my favourite songs.”

 

“As long as there’s nothing too noisy like metal music, I’m fine with anything.”

 

“Don’t worry. I’m confident that we have the same music taste.” Eunji said. As she moved closer, there were butterflies churning in her stomach. But the heir took a deep breath and pressed the play button.

 

 

You are so beautiful to me,

Can’t you see?

You’re everything I hoped for,

You’re everything I need.

Such joy and happiness you bring.

 

Sungwoo Jungah- You are so beautiful

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

There’s large cameras placed in the corner, piles of documents stacked onto shelves and a group of Dispatch journalists gathering around the table as they each took a chance to look at the photos.

 

With the royal marriage approaching their way, one of their agents successfully managed to scout the identities of the Jung heir and the Park Princess. This is the first time everyone’s seeing them and it’s a huge honor.

 

“Man, they look pretty. Kinda makes up the whole appeal of them being the first royal lesbian couple though.” Sungjae hummed, looking at a photo of Eunji concentrating hard in a lecture hall at London University.

 

“The Jung heir and the Park Princess. Too bad we haven’t gotten hold of their names yet. At least we know what they look like now.” Taeyong said, eyes onto a photo of Chorong studying at a quaint café, a cup of hot Americano by her side and a book.

 

“Oh my, they actually look really good together. The chemistry they have…world’s favourite couple coming through.” Hwasa snickered, handing a photograph of Eunji and Chorong standing side by side at the bus stop. The two are smiling at each other and appear to be in a light conversation.

 

“They’re cute. I think everyone will love them.” Oh Jin Kyung replied, turning around to greet their superior who entered the room.

 

“Hello sir!”

 

Everyone bowed immediately as Son Dongwoon replied with a nod. The tall man gathered his top journalists for this important meeting; the reporting of the royal wedding.

 

There’s tight security and monarch has only allowed two reporters entry meaning, it’s up to him to choose.

 

“Now, I hope you’re not going to leak all these photos unless you want to get fired. I must say, Hyoyeon’s stalking skills are amazing. I’ve decided who’s going to go and report on the royal wedding. The cards are right here.” Dongwoon smiled, taking it out from his pocket. 

 

Everyone’s gone silent and nervous. The man chuckled, finding it the only time that his team behaved so obediently.

 

“Congratulations, Oh Jin Kyung and Yook Sungjae. You’ve been chosen.”

 

There were both cheers and a series of boos from the team. But either way, they congratulated the pair.

 

“Let’s work well, partner.” Sungjae smiled, nudging his arm towards Jin Kyung. He’s more than happy to have her because they’ve been friends for over three years.

 

But there is one secret that he doesn’t know.

 

Sungjae has no idea that Oh Jin Kyung, is in fact, the younger witch sister, Namjoo in disguise.

 

Back at her desk, there’s a lot of things to prepare. The royal wedding is in two days and she can’t disappoint. Photo-copying the pictures of the Jung heir and Park Princess for her own reference, the witch took her time to analyze them.

 

They grew up really well…

 

Reaching for her phone to check the thousands of notifications that she has from her social media accounts, clients, friends and co-workers, one caught her attention.

 

Eight new messages from an unknown number.

 

Hey, it’s me.

Hayoung.

Don’t even ask me how I got your number.

Look, I’m not going to force you into anything, but you should know what is right.

Come home. That’s all I ask.

Namjoo.

Please.

We miss you.

 

Namjoo’s finger hovered over the “block” icon but she pondered for a moment. In the end, she sighed, locked her phone and flipped it over to the other side.

 

She’s got no time to deal with these distractions. She’s got something better to do.

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

After eight long years, the Jung heir is finally back home.

 

Stepping foot into the land where she will eventually hold power within her hands, the grown lady stared out into the window of the royal Porsche as it zoomed past the congested cities and out into the open countryside of Soeul, en route to the grand, secluded Jung Palace.

 

Taking out a small crumpled paper from her pocket, there was an email address written on it. There’s a tug of smile spread across her face as the image of SooA pops into her head.

 

She didn’t want to leave. 12 hours with SooA just wasn’t enough.

 

They’ve chatted and laughed together, shared their interests and ambitions, accidentally fell asleep onto each other’s shoulders and made sure the other was warm.

 

But with her duties as the heir, she should be cutting off all contact with everyone. That includes SooA as well. As much as she knows that, Eunji broke her own rules.

 

“Hey, what’s your phone number? Although we’re splitting ways, we can always contact each other. We’re friends right?”

 

“Oh…about that…”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Sorry…my current number won’t be used anymore because I’ll be getting a new one from my parents. But…I can give you my email address.” Chorong said, scribbling something on her notebook, tearing it apart and handing it to Eunji. “I know it’s old school but I think it’s a pretty classic way of keeping in touch.”

 

“I like it. It makes us different haha.” Eunji smiled widely, keeping the paper close to her heart. “Then…I guess I’ll see you around SooA?”

 

“Yup. All the best Yira.”

 

The two kept waving at each other, waiting for either one to leave first. In the end, Eunji stayed until she could not longer see SooA before proceeding to collect her luggage. There were no feelings of regret left behind. Instead, there was a sense of fulfilment.

 

“Princess. We have arrived.” Bada said, cutting Eunji’s flashback short as she got hold of reality. She is here as the Jung heir and in two days’ time, she will be getting married.

 

“Right.” The heir cleared and got out of the car.

 

“Princess!!”

 

Turning around, Eunji was greeted by a stampede of hugs and warm welcomes from her servants whom she hasn’t seen in forever. They’ve definitely aged but still the same, old.

 

“Oh my goodness! Look at your muscles! You lost all your baby fat!”

 

“You’ve become such a pretty lady, Princess! Oh, you cannot imagine how proud I am!”

 

“We need to take a group photo later!”

 

“Ladies, please excuse us. The Princess has a meeting with the King.” Bada interrupted, shooting a glare at the servants who immediately went mum. They had forgotten that the lioness is back as well.

 

Eunji lightly bowed to her servants in apology and followed Bada inside the palace. Moving past the large garden and courtyard, everything has remained the same.

 

Entering the living room, Bada turned to face the heir.

 

“Your Father is upstairs in his office. You know what to do.”

 

“You’ve explained that so many times unnie. I’m not as forgetful as you think.” Eunji chuckled, taking one step up the stairs. “Do you think Father has changed?” She asked reluctantly.

 

“I believe you have to find the answer by yourself, Princess.”

 

“Right.” Eunji sighed, continuing up as she walked past the familiar hallway.

 

Memories of her childhood flashed through her head; when she took her first steps along the carpet floor, tripping over but eventually reaching into the arms of her Mother, her laugh filling the air. 

 

But she also remembers that one rainy night; the night of her Mother’s passing.

 

She woke up due to the loud thunderstorm and crept out of her room, only to find her beloved Mother lying helplessly on the floor. She shouted and screamed for help, tears flowing down her cheeks.

 

The events after, were memories that she erased forever. It is one that she doesn’t want to remember.

 

Breathing another sigh, Eunji closed her eyes in hopes to get rid of these haunting nightmares and knocked three times onto the door. Instead of waiting for a signal, the door opened by itself and the Jung King greeted her with a warm hug.

 

“F-Father…”

 

“Welcome back, Princess.”

 

Taken aback, Eunji pulled back first and took a look at her Father. He has aged so much. Hair gone grey, wrinkles over his scars, eye bags that have grown deep. The Father whom she remembered as strong and tall, looked weak and thin.

 

“W-What happened to you?”

 

“A lot of things can happen in eight years. But let’s not talk about that. We have other important matters at the moment.” He coughed, holding tightly onto his cane as he returned to his seat.

 

Noticing Jung Taehyun’s staggering movements, anyone can tell that the King has fallen ill. It is only a matter of time that he will step down. Eunji can feel it coming and it’s pressuring now that she thinks about it.

 

She’s not ready to be King yet, even though she had many dreams of sitting on the throne.  

 

“First and foremost, your wedding.” Jung Taehyun clasped his hands together, eyes all on his daughter. “The private ceremony will be held tomorrow at the Old Magnolia Tree, following the Park traditions. It’s easy, nothing too complicated. The Park Queen will brief you on the procedures. After the rituals, you will need to prepare yourself for the bedding ceremony at night.”

 

“B-bed what?” Eunji’s face quickened into a blush.

 

The King chuckled, realizing that his daughter is still too innocent. And that only means that she is not ready. If the heir is shy over , then she cannot even kill a mere human by hand.

 

“Do not hesitate. You must claim for what is yours. We cannot have the whole world at our tip of our fingers but what we can own with our whole heart, is our spouses. Do you understand?”

 

“I-I understand.”

 

“The second day of the ceremony will be done through our Jung style. Grand and luxurious with the whole world watching. The media will be there, citizens will be present and your identities finally revealed to the public.”

 

“Yes. I am aware of that Father. It will be the official day where our marriage is declared and witnessed by everyone.”

 

“Day Three.”

 

Eunji stiffened upon the mention. She knew what it meant and her Father had high expectations. The heir had been training her whole life just for that important day. It is the only time where she can officially proclaim her title as the rightful heir of Soeul and be accepted by everyone to be the next leader to command.

 

“Do not disappoint me. You may enjoy the two days, but the third day is where it all comes down to. You must not lose focus and be at your best condition.”

 

“I promise you, Father. I will not put those eight years into nothing.”

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

It’s been a blissful return back home as the Park Princess.

 

She’s had a grand banquet and party with all of her family members and relatives. There’s nothing but pure joy and laughter throughout the night. Catching up with her cousins, hearing stories and gossips that were eight years late, it’s good to be back home.

 

But for the Park King and Queen, celebrating the return of their only daughter is bittersweet as they know that it may be the last time that she will be theirs forever.

 

Once the drunken uncles, excited aunts and sober cousins have left, this is the only time that the Park family can have a moment to themselves.

 

“Really? I’m not a kid anymore. I don’t need this tucking in bed.” Chorong scoffed, lying down comfortably as she gazed into the eyes of her mother and father. They’ve aged so much but are still the same as ever. Eight years really does a lot of difference.

 

“You’ll always be my little baby. Don’t you know that?” Jungah planted a kiss onto her daughter’s forehead in which Chorong nodded.

 

“Tomorrow is the big day. Are you ready?” Park Jungwoo smiled lovingly at his daughter.

 

“I have been preparing this for my whole life Father and you’re still asking me that question?” Chorong joked. “I’ll promise to come by and visit often okay? It’s not like I’m never seeing you two ever again. I’m just getting married off into the Jung family, that’s all.”

 

“Right.”

 

Park Jungwoo and Park Jungah looked into each other’s eyes. There was a glint of sadness all over. In all honestly, they did not want to give Chorong away at all.  Jungwoo could’ve objected the Jung’s decision to send his daughter over to London. He could’ve gotten back those eight years now lost in time.

 

But Jungwoo is no fool.

 

He values peace and harmony, even if it means having to sacrifice the happiness of his own family.

 

“Sleep well, my Princess.”

 

The parents embraced their daughter, and bid good night, one last time.

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

The Old Magnolia Tree.

 

Said to be one of the oldest, sacred tree in Soeul, it has survived centuries of war, seeing destruction and peace unfold in time.

 

Animism is an ancient belief of the Parks. While in the modern world, many have become influenced towards other religions but, when it comes to customs like weddings, they stick true to its tradition.

 

There is a saying that once a Park passes away, his/her soul will rest in the gardens of the Old Magnolia Tree. And when a member of a Park weds, they will ask permission from their ancestral spirits through an offering ceremony.

 

Unlike the Jungs who do not go deep into traditions, it is also something new for them to understand.

 

Gathering together in front of the Old Magnolia Tree are members of the Jung and Park clan, standing in audience. Situated at the center, is the Park Princess, dressed in a black, woven hanbok. On her back is a symbol of a magnolia tree embroidered with several golden-yellow threads. Shrouded in an opaque veil, Chorong anxiously waits for the arrival of the Jung heir. 

 

Eunji nodded, understanding the instructions given by Park Jungah as she is briefed on the procedures. Although the heir does not believe in spiritual beings, she has always remained respectful.

 

In a similar black, woven traditional hanbok, she has a symbol of a wolf embroidered with several white threads on her back. Her hair is tied up into a bun and on her wrist, are emerald beads. Eunji has never worn geta sandals in her life and while it’s a little tricky to walk, the heir treads carefully up the slope.

 

Eventually, her sight catches hold of the large Magnolia tree, her family and Park members in wait and the person she’s been waiting to meet since forever.

 

The Park Princess.

 

Eunji can’t see what she looks like due to the veil. But judging from her demure posture, the heir is confident that she already likes her. Trying to maintain a straight face, the heir stood beside the Park Princess and the ceremony begins.

 

The couple are kneeled onto the ground, a bowl of rice wine placed in front of them as the monk began his chanting of rituals.

 

“O! Mighty Magnolia! We seek for your blessing today to honor this wonderful couple of their journey together as one. For a blissful happiness and joy between the two and a never-ending fire of passionate love! O! Mighty Magnolia! We seek for your blessing and protection of this couple who are destined to be together for eternity to come!”

 

In an instance, a strong breeze of wind hit the tree in response, causing its leaves to rustle violently. The monk continued to chant loudly, hands clasped in a prayer as a tune of a flute is played into the air.

 

Eunji received the cue from Jungah as the couple bowed, foreheads touching the ground to thank the spirits for their blessing.

 

Returning back to their positions, Eunji carried the bowl of rice wine with her two hands to take a sip. Then, she carefully handed it to the Park Princess who turned away to face the side of her family, lifting her veil up a little to take a sip. 

 

Jungwoo hands a small, silver blade to Eunji, the heir accepts it and takes a deep breath. Looking up at the tree, she vows in her head to always shower the Park Princess with love. To always protect her. To always make her happy. This is her promise witnessed to the ancestors in front of her, and to accept her vow, Eunji raised her hand in the air and thinly sliced against her thumb. 

 

The heir remained silent, as if the pain was nothing. As a drop of blood fell into the bowl, she felt a soft tug onto her hanbok. From the corner of her eyes, the Park Princess was worried. Such a subtle yet cute act of concern, Eunji smiled and took her hand as a message of telling her that "she's okay". 

 

The monk chants one last time and with that, the ceremony is over. Followed by a symphony of traditional drums, chants and jingles, the couple are ushered out of the forest and split ways. Each to their own families for one last dinner and to prepare for the bedding ceremony at night.

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

It’s going to be fine Eunji. I mean, you’re twenty. should be nothing. Heck, I need to claim her. If I can’t do this, I can’t even be King!

 

The Jung heir has been pacing back and forth outside her bedroom, hesitant to enter. It’s already uncomfortable and stuffy being in the hanbok, after hours of entertaining guests and relatives at a grand dinner.

 

As part of the tradition, everyone is to leave the Jung household except for the couple. The King will reside in a different place for the time being, her servants are gone and definitely, her trusted Bada unnie isn’t there either. It is just her and the Park Princess, all alone in the giant, empty palace.

 

Finally taking the courage, Eunji pushed the door open and announced her arrival.

 

The bedroom has been decorated with scented candles and rose petals. It’s dimly lit and they’ve certainly did everything they can to spice up the mood. Eunji turned her side and there she is.

 

The Park Princess.

 

Seated on the bed, hands folded and maintaining her demure posture, Eunji couldn’t wait to just tear that annoying veil apart. She carefully kneeled down, gently holding onto the Park Princess’s delicate hands.

 

“Hello Park Princess. I am the Jung heir, Jung Eunji. May I remove your veil?”

 

Her wife nodded in response as Eunji stood up, her heart beginning to pound rapidly. For all these years, the moment is finally here. Gently lifting the veil up, the heir breathed in astonishment and surprise. Looking at her Park Princess with eyes wide open, she just couldn’t believe it.

 

“SooA?”

 

“Yira? You’re the…”

 

Hearing her gasp, seeing her surprised expression, all of the worries that had been building up to this moment, dispersed completely. The fact that the Park Princess, was Han SooA all along. The fact that she had been crushing onto this girl yet conflicted whether it was the right thing to do. Something bloomed inside her heart, opening a door that accepted everything wholly. Relief, happiness, joy, satisfaction. She doesn't know where to begin. 

 

It's like a dream come true. 

 

The Jung heir grinned widely, comfortably sitting down and gazing deeply into her eyes. “I can’t believe it…” Eunji laughed in disbelief. “It’s you all along. Han SooA…you are my Park Princess.”

 

“Jung heir, I am no longer Han SooA. I am Park Chorong. Please call me that.”

 

Chorong tried very hard to remain calm in that situation. But inside her inner self, she's running and jumping, screaming and celebrating. She never thought it would be real. Her crush, Seo Yira, is the Jung heir. It's like a perfect ending to a love story.

 

Everything seemed to make sense now and the Princess could rest easy because she was confident that Eunji will take good care of her. And in return, she will definitely do the same because the Jung heir has no idea how long she's been crushing on her. 

 

“Chorong. That’s a beautiful name. I like it.”

 

The heir cupped her wife’s cheeks without hesitation. She’s been wanting to do so since the very beginning and now, her mind is just going wild. The shy girl from before was no more. Here, she was an assertive Jung who was b with confidence.

 

But always, Eunji stayed true to her manners and asked for consent. She vowed to never do anything to her Princess unless she has her permission. 

 

“Can I kiss you?”

 

“What kind of question is that?”

 

Chorong giggled, her words silenced by a soft, wet peck. It was a quick one as Eunji pulled back, face blushed in embarrassment. She too, felt heat rushing up her cheeks.

 

Their first kiss was nothing like they’d imagined. It was a bit awkward and clumsy but that just means they lack a lot and have plenty to learn from each other.

 

“Ah- sorry. I-I just never kissed anyone before. I’ve been saving my lips just for you. Not gonna lie.”

 

“Neither have I, Eunji. You’re my first.”

 

It was the signal to keep Eunji going. The heir leaned forward to kiss her again. This time, she wanted to be braver. She moved in a circular motion, tongue shyly dipping in as she felt the sudden warmth of Chorong's cavern.

 

The soft moan coming from Chorong was a beacon to tell Eunji that she was hitting the right spot. It’s slow and gentle, giving Chorong plenty of room to gasp for air. She inclined, allowing Eunji to have a better position. As she’s still busy exploring Chorong’s mouth, Eunji unknowingly pushed her entire weight on and, suddenly she’s on top. Flustered, Eunji quickly retreated.

 

“S-Sorry! I didn’t mean to push you…uh…” 

 

Realizing that she’s got her wife caught between her knees and Chorong giggling at her, it was starting to get a little hot at her bottom. She never thought her soft laugh would be the cause of her first arousal. It was sending jitters to her stomach.

 

“You don’t need to apologize. We all make mistakes. Now, come here.” Chorong patted onto the mattress, hands positioned onto Eunji's firm waist, fingers tangled around the strings of her hanbok. 

 

Her wife’s gentle command was more than enough to make Eunji obey.

 

Diving back into that warm mouth, Eunji tasted the little bits of her wife and wanted to get more of these flavors. But with their thick hanboks on, it’s difficult. It's hard to move around and with their bodies slowly heating up, Eunji could not stand it anymore.

 

Retracting, the heir sat up and hurriedly tried to pull the strings from the cloth. But nothing was working. Her mind and movements were not in sync. All of her mind is Chorong. She wants to touch her, feel her, taste her, she wants to do everything with her.

 

“Mind telling me how to remove this annoying piece of clothing from my body?”

 

Eunji sighed in frustration, hands still fiddling around with the strings that just wasn’t going anyway. At this rate, she could really tear the expensive hanbok apart.

 

Watching how her wife was growing angry from a small matter, it seems that Chorong will have to teach her wife how to be patient. Grabbing onto Eunji's hands, Chorong pinned her finger onto a string and calmly pulled it apart.

 

“Like this.”

 

 


 

Author's Notes:

The Princess and the Jung heir finally meet at last! And it seems like they're already getting real comfortable with each other ;)

Do note that the ceremony is purely made up and is not related to any of the customs mentioned. It's just inspired from the sole concept and a bit of research that I've done about Animism. The prophecy is going right on track and the visions Naeun spoke of...hmm. Namjoo has gone rogue. Bomi stans, do not fear. Our werewolf will make an appearance soon~ The third day of the wedding... what do you all think it's going to be about? Some kind of sacrifice? A test? Let me know in the comments!

FYI: "Seo Yira", "Han SooA" and "Oh Jin Kyung" are characters that Eunji, Chorong and Namjoo played as in their respective dramas. Sungwoo Jungah's You are so beautiful is actually a song on Eunji's Spotify playlist. The representation of the Magnolia Tree is derived as a symbol of nobility, beauty and dignity. These three values easily reflect the philosophy of the Park clan. 

Until then, see you in the next chapter! Thank you for reading!