five

Your Majesty

 

 

She saw her life flash in front of her eyes. Thinking that death was knocking on its door, but the bullet missed.

 

Instead, a black furry creature has the assassin pinned onto the ground. Growling in anger, claws locked on and glowing red eyes. Eunji knew at one glance, it was Bomi. Her guardian.

 

And rather than feeling shocked, surprised or relieved. She is angry.

 

“Who are you?!”

 

Eunji bellowed, angry that her peace was disturbed. Mad that someone dared to kill her. Furious that her honeymoon is now ruined.

 

Channeling all of these negative emotions through her fist, she gave one blow. Two blows. Three.

 

“Speak!”

 

Blinded with so much rage, as if something was possessing her. A ruthless, heartless demon. She continued to beat the man up, until he bled. But he remained mum and refused to mutter a single word.

 

Impatient, Eunji squeezed his throat with her large hands, causing him to choke and squirm. She doesn’t care anymore. She’s adamant on killing him.

 

“Never.”

 

The assassin took his last breath as Eunji twisted his neck across, causing a loud crack and an immediate death.

 

Transforming back to her human form, Bomi searched the assassin’s body but, there was nothing of use. No clues of what organization he might be from. More investigation will be needed however, there is no time.

 

“E-Eunji…”

 

She’s seen everything. The way Bomi pranced onto the assassin, the way Eunji cruelly ended the assassin’s life, she’s never seen this side of her wife before.

 

Clutching tightly onto the blanket wrapped around her body, the Park Princess is afraid. Afraid that Eunji’s fearsome powers may bring more destruction in the future. As her wife, it is her responsibility to control that flame. It is her duty to tame that monster inside.

 

“Chorong.”

 

Eunji doesn’t know where to start. She never wanted Chorong to see this side of her. It’s ugly, it’s horrible and wished to only show the good sides of her.

 

“I’m sorry but we have to go now. There could be more coming. Bada has ordered me to take the both of you back to the Jung Palace.” Bomi cut in.

 

Taking their belongings and leaving the caravan behind, they hopped onto Bomi’s back as the werewolf quickly dashed through the forests in lightning speed. Upon their return, they were greeted by Bada and the servants. But the King was not in sight. Everything happened so quickly. The Park Princess was ordered to stay in the bedroom, doors locked shut. Eunji was outside, talking with the lioness which soon escalated to a heated conversation.

 

“I’m not a kid, Bada! I am an heir! This is my job to find out who is behind this! We have an enemy!”

 

“Jung Eunji! You are to stay in the palace with your wife. Do you understand? You will not go anywhere. You will not step a single foot outside. You will stay and wait for further instructions. This is an order from not only me, but the King himself. Your Father and the Royal Council will handle this.”

 

“….”

 

The King’s orders are absolute. Whenever it came to her father, Eunji has no say in anything. He has such great power in this household that he could even force the couple into divorce. It was the one thing Eunji hated the most. But here, she must obey to the leader of the pack.

 

“I hate him.”

 

Eunji mumbled under her breath in defeat, storming into the bedroom and slamming the doors behind. It felt so unfair. It was as if her Father has been underestimating her abilities. She didn’t spend eight years overseas just to be protected again.

 

She’s so angry that she doesn’t know what to do with this boiling rage inside her. She wants to hit something. She wants to throw things. She wants to scream and shout.

 

But her eyes catch hold of Chorong.

 

“Eunji- “

 

“Sorry. I-I need a moment.”

 

Eunji escaped into the small bathroom and closed the door behind. She sighed heavily, ashamed that Chorong has seen this side of her. She knows that if she can’t control herself, she might harm her, hurt her.

 

Staring into the mirror, her eyes have turned into a dark, ruby colour. When she looks down, her mother’s sapphire bracelet is suddenly glowing in a bright blue hue. From the assassination attempt to the changes in her body, she doesn’t know what the is going on anymore.

 

Maybe she’s having a dream. A nightmare. And she needs to wake up. Thinking that she’s going crazy, Eunji turns on the shower head and drenches herself under cold water. Still in her clothes, she doesn’t care. Slapping her cheeks, punching fists onto the wall, she’s so confused and lost. She doesn’t know where to go, she doesn’t know what to do—there’s something warm touching her cheeks.

 

Arms wrapped around her chest, head snuggled onto her shoulder, a breath that feels so familiar.

 

“I’m here.”

 

And a voice that makes her calm down.

 

Her wife.

 

But Eunji doesn’t want to look at her. She’s scared that Chorong will no longer love her because of her sudden outburst of anger. Scared that Chorong will no longer love her because she’s a monster.

 

The Park Princess knows everything. From her facial expressions to gestures, Eunji is panicking. Her eyes have lost its light. Soul trapped in black darkness. She’s never seen her like this and it hurts.

 

As her wife, she should always support her and be by her side. That is what Chorong has vowed to do for her whole life. Even though there is still so much that she has yet to know of, she is prepared. She must not be afraid of what there is to come. She must instead, embrace it and not allow her wife to falter deeper into the dark.

 

Circling her thumbs around Eunji’s cheeks, her eyes are locked onto those red orbs. They are soaked in such a deep ruby colour, as if her moon was drowned under the blood of the gods. But to her, it isn’t scary at all.

 

“That’s a pretty colour.”

 

“Y…You don’t think it’s strange?”

 

The Park Princess shook her head. “Not at all.”

 

Eunji doesn’t believe it. “Don’t you think I’m a monster? Don’t you hate me after seeing what I’ve done? I killed a person! I…”

 

“It doesn’t matter.”

 

The Jung heir stared at her wife. To think that someone will still stay by her side, remain strong and calm despite everything that has happened, she doesn’t deserve such a woman.

 

“Please don’t ever call yourself a monster. Promise me that.”

 

Chorong cooed softly, pecking her lips. It’s warm, yet gentle. Eunji drowned herself in the kiss, letting the movement of Chorong’s slow kisses comfort her uneasy heart. A kiss that manages to switch off that rage inside her. A kiss that makes everything in her mind clear again.

 

She’s thankful yet sad. Sad that Chorong had to marry her, the Jung heir whose family is full of dark secrets. This woman in front of her deserves more than that.

 

“I’m sorry.” Eunji mumbled, a drop of tear escaping her eyes. But she is not ashamed because her wife said that it is okay to cry when the two of them are alone. That it is okay to confide in her warmth when she’s lonely and distressed.

 

“Don’t say that baby.”

 

“I promise to find out what’s happening. I will ensure you that our happy days will come back.”

 

And because of this woman, the Jung heir vowed to dig for answers once and for all. She no longer wants to be a puppet who listens to her father. The powers of the Jung King do not scare her.

 

She needs to find out who tried to assassinate her. She needs to investigate the strange changes to her body. And she’s doing it all for her.

 

Chorong.

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

 

“Don’t tell me…the King will die? Jung Taekwoon’s going to make use of Park Chanyeol and kill him? Wow…humans are damn sneaky as . They’re so blinded with greed and ambition.”

 

Namjoo looked at her sister in shock. She remembered Hayoung telling her about Naeun’s prophecy. The destruction caused by the Jung heir herself due to anger and revenge, she thinks that this could the starting point. The trigger that pulls the bullet.

 

Naeun stared at Sungjae, deciding on one thing: erasing his memory. For all her life, the witch has always stayed true to the protocol. She sticks close to the textbook, the rules, the policies, their vows. Even if she knows what will happen, it is not their job to change it.

 

The best option now, is to get rid of this human. Make him forget that Namjoo ever existed and let these events flow naturally. If he is supposed to die, then it is what fate has decided. After all, a friend is an enemy. Naeun still keeps her mother’s prophecy in mind and suspects that Sungjae could be Namjoo’s killer in the future.

 

She will do anything to protect her.

 

Turning her palm around, fingers pressed onto Sungjae’s forehead, Naeun began to mutter a chant. But Namjoo knew very well what she was doing and quickly shoved her hand away.

 

“What the hell are you doing?!”

 

“Namjoo. It is for your own sake.”

 

“It’s not! He is my friend! You do anything to him, you have to get my permission first.”

 

Naeun sighed at her sister in disappointment. She has never changed. Those eight years has made Namjoo softer. She has failed to realize there is a reason why witches are not supposed to meddle with human affairs. They may become too attached to them.

 

Just like how Namjoo is with Sungjae.

 

“Jin Kyung…what’s going on? Why are you so angry? Calm down. I don’t think this pretty lady is going to hurt me.”

 

“Can you just shut up for a moment, I’m trying to save your here!” Namjoo glared, causing the man to close his mouth tight.

 

He has no idea about the witches nor their abilities. Nothing about the alliance or war. He’s just a perfect example of the current young generation who have grown ignorant of the past and looking only towards the future.

 

Rather, he finds their powers fascinating.

 

A small portion of those who support the witches are comprised of young blood, who want change. But in a country with a high aging population, it will be a faraway future.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you this? It is our protocol to not meddle ourselves in human affairs. The fact that you have gotten so close to this human, worries me. You even let him inside our home!”

 

“Protocol?” Namjoo stared at her sister. She let out a baffled laugh.

 

 “Look, I get your point. We are witches, okay fine. But this rule of ours, this stupid protocol…has been around for more than a thousand years. The world is changing, people are changing. If I know that someone is going to die, I should at least try to prevent it from happening! What if that person is me? What are you going to do? Let me die?!“

 

“Namjoo!” The bomb finally ticked off. She had enough. She kept it all inside but Namjoo’s words were the final cut. “This is to protect you! Changing the very nature of life, can create more danger!”

 

Her younger sister scoffed. “Protect me? Protect me from what? I’ve lived off in the human world for eight years and had not a single scratch on me! What kind of danger are you speaking of? Humans can’t kill me. But I can.”

 

Naeun sighed. She really doesn’t listen. She isn’t sure how her mother has managed to raise her hot-headed sister like that. It seems that she will have to use the final card. She knew that at some point, she will have to spill the secrets. She can’t keep hiding it forever, even though she promised her mother.

 

“A week before mother passed away, she talked to me in private and shared her final prophecy. This included a vision of her death but also something else. She…she saw your death, Namjoo. You will die.”

 

Die.

 

A word that echoed loudly in her head. It felt like everything around her stopped. Maybe she was hearing things wrongly. But she heard it loud and clear.  

 

“Die?” Namjoo looked at her sister, pointing fingers at herself. “Me?”

 

From young, Namjoo knew that even though witches are immortal, they can not reside in the world forever. There will always be a weak point. And when the humans found out the secret, it started the grand witch massacre, driving almost all of the witches into extinction. It started from her neighbors, friends, uncles, aunts and later, their very own mother.

 

She knows what death is like. She’s seen it up close.

 

But death seems like a good thing. Sometimes, being immortal . And Namjoo isn’t afraid even at the mention of death. In fact, she accepts it wholly. She’s ready to die, if it is her fate.

 

“That’s good, isn’t it?”

 

“Namjoo!”

 

“We can’t live forever sister! How long are you going to keep up with this? Oh, I get it. It’s because you have Hayoung. Being in love must be really nice huh? You guys can all day without a single care in the world- “

 

“That’s enough.” Hayoung stepped in angrily, staring at her with her red, glowing orbs. There’s something that the vampire didn’t like about Namjoo. She tends to slip her tongue and unknowingly hurt others.

 

“You call this love? Protect me? Let me do what I want sis. I came back to you because I knew that I did wrong. But spending the past few weeks here, I’ve realized something. I shouldn’t be wasting my time being selfish. I have powers that can help people. So why can’t I use it to change the inevitable?”

 

“Because of the protocol-“

 

“Protocol, protocol, protocol! Is that all you ever think about? Why are you so rigid sister? Gosh, I guess I’m just wasting my breath talking to you huh? Hey, Sungjae. Let’s go somewhere else.”

 

“Wait, Namjoo-!”

 

But it was too late. In a quick snap of her fingers, Namjoo and Sungjae vanished. The couple are left alone, the peace and silence has returned, but at the cost of something else.

 

Kneeling to the ground in defeat, Naeun doesn’t know what to do anymore. She’s stressed, frustrated and annoyed. In the end, everything was fruitless. She thought that by revealing the truth, Namjoo would come to realize something. But the plan backfired.

 

“Babe. Are you okay?” Hayoung asked, helping her girlfriend to stand back up. “Do you want me to go and knock some senses into her?”

 

Naeun shook her head. “Don’t do it. It will be dangerous.”

 

“Then, what are we going to do?”

 

The witch sighed. “We do nothing.”

 

“Babe…”

 

“If she wishes to die, then it is her choice. Mother is right. We can’t change the prophecy and it is already going according to plan. I have no right to involve myself. I’m sorry.”

 

Hayoung looked on sadly and embraced her teary girlfriend in her arms, wanting to comfort her warmly.

 

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

 

“Thank you. I will wait for your call.”

 

Jung Taehyun said, putting the phone down. Having just returned home after receiving word of an attempted assassination towards his own daughter, it is making him anxious. Who dares to target the heir? Surely, it can only be one person, and no one else. Jung Taekwoon. He is behind the strings and Taehyun needs to eliminate him immediately.

 

He has taken up so much time that the King did not foresee this happening. He shouldn’t have disclosed this secret to Park Jungwoo. He should’ve just hired his own assassins and hunt that man down, instead of coming to a “peaceful” conclusion.

 

The man slammed his palms against the desk, sighing in fury. If his daughter were to ever find out about Jung Taekwoon’s existence, she will also realize all of the lies he has been telling her. And the King knows that this isn’t good.

 

“Jung Eunji, I told you stay in your room!”

 

“My Father is inside, isn’t he?!”

 

“Eunji, you should just-“

 

The King’s office doors were pushed open.

 

Taehyun gasped. It is what he has feared. Those glowing, red eyes. It resembled so much of his wife. The fire burning in those orbs. The demon inside his daughter has awoken. But the King kept his composure. He straightened his posture and glared at Eunji, hands behind his back.

 

“Eunji. Did you not listen to me? I told you to stay in your room.”

 

“I’m not some kid anymore Father. You think I would be still that naïve, little girl? You’re hiding something from me, aren’t you? Don’t you see this?!” Eunji yelled, pointing at her eyes. "I became a monster!" She’s fuming, slamming her hands onto the desk. “And you didn’t tell me about uncle’s secret son. Jung Taekwoon. He claims to be the heir it seems. How could you not tell me?!”

 

 

“Eunji. I need to tell you something.”

 

Chorong had contemplated for a long time. But after their first close meeting with death, she can’t keep her lips shut. She knows that it is only right that her wife should know. 

 

“What is it?”

 

The couple were cuddled on the mattress, arms locked together as they found peace in one’s embrace. It was a peaceful silence and more than enough to cool the angry heir. Hearing the clock tick every minute, watching the light change from the windows, being quarantined inside a room can be quite dreadful. But they have no choice.

 

“When you were in the Forest of Death, I attended the Royal Council Meeting on your behalf. It was my first time there so I was nervous.”

 

“It was your first time so it’s fine. Those cranky elders there can be pretty handful.”

 

“There was a visitor. The witches came.”

 

“The witches? Why would they be there?”

 

“They wanted to give us a warning. There…there is a man called Jung Taekwoon who claims to be the true heir to the Jung throne.”

 

 

 

It is game over.

 

One by one, the Jung King continued to crumble. First, losing his dignity and pride in front of everyone at the Royal Council. Now, his lies peeled open by his very own daughter.

 

“Answer. Me.” Eunji growled.

 

“Let me ask you a question, my dearest daughter.” The man sighed. “How did your mother die?”

 

“Was she not very sick? On that rainy night…I found her lying in the middle of the corridor…by the time we took her to the hospital, she was pronounced dead. You told me that she was in third-stage cancer.”

 

“It was a lie.”

 

“…”

 

“How did your uncle, Jung Taeyang die, Eunji?”

 

“In a car accident during his honeymoon.”

 

“That was also a lie.”

 

“…Father!” The anger inside her was boiling more and more.

 

What ticked her off was that her Father simply saw her as an innocent, little girl who only needs to know what is necessary. She has been blindly believing the words of her Father because she trusted him. But to think that her very own Father turned his back on her, was humiliating. 

 

Everything is a lie. 

 

“Before your mother became Jung Hyerim, she was…” Taehyun sighed, knowing that this is already the end. “Havana the Fire Demon.”

 

Eunji fell to her knees, eyes widened as she could not hear anything else. She was in total shock. She couldn’t believe it. All of those memories with her mother, the happy ones, the good ones, she has never once thought that she was a demon. A monster like her. It all made sense now.

 

The strange happenings to her body. The reason why she’s always stronger than the others. The reason why her Father was so harsh on her training. It was because she was not human.

 

She is a daughter to a demon from hell.

 

“Your uncle found out that I lied to him. That I married a demon. And of course, he was enraged. He was betrayed by his own, lovable younger brother and allowed a monster to live within the family. So...that night...he poisoned your mother.”

 

Eunji looked up at Jung Taehyun, speechless. 

 

“As soon as I found out, I killed him. And that is why I became King. Because I killed him. Because he killed your mother. But now, he has an illegitimate son that I do not know of. Jung Taekwoon. Because of him!” The King bellowed but tried to calm himself down, taking a deep breath. “Your rightful place is in danger. I must not let your eight years go to waste. That is why now, I must kill him, just like how I did with your uncle.”

 

“Are you really going to be like this, Father? This happened because of you!” The heir raised from her knees.

 

The fact that she believed in his lies. The fact that her own father is just so obsessed with her title as heir. The fact that he thinks that the only answer is through death. She hates it so much. This is not the Father she knows. Not the kind, strong Father that she respected.

 

Since young, she thought that it was her fate to be King. To sit nobly on that throne, to be at the top of the world. But she was too naïve and foolish. To obtain such powers, requires bloodshed and lies.

 

To be King, leads one to be selfish, greedy and blind.

 

She doesn’t want a life like that. She’s had enough.

 

“I''m ashamed to have a father like you. To think that you are even King.” Eunji glared at him. “Because of you, I was born a monster. I was born into this ed up family.”

 

“Eunji!”

 

“I don’t want to be King anymore.”

 

Her confession was like an earthquake. Taehyun heard it. Bada standing outside, heard it. The servants downstairs, heard it. Everyone did.

 

“I will gladly let Jung Taekwoon take my place. After all, he is the rightful heir now. He is a fully blooded Jung unlike me, a half-blooded monster. I don’t deserve to be here nor do I even deserve to be called, Your Majesty. I don't even consider myself your daughter anymore.”

 

Eunji turned her back towards her Father.

 

She’s tired of everything. She just wants a peace of mind. A place where she can be alone with Chorong. The comfortable life that she’s always wanted, Seo Yira and Han SooA.

 

“Where are you going?!” The King bellowed, but Eunji did not even flinch at his loud roar.

 

“I’m leaving this castle and taking my wife along.”

 

“Eunji! Have you gone mad?! Have you gone insane?! After all these years, do you still not understand?! This is your duty! Your fate!”

 

“No one decides my fate, except for myself.”

 

The Jung heir walked out, not even glancing at Bada who was waiting outside. She stormed out of the corridor and returned back to her bedroom, the only nest that she can feel safe in.

 

Locking the doors shut, Eunji quickly opened the cupboard, took out a large suitcase and stuffed clothes inside, packing whatever essentials they needed. She already has it set. She wants to leave this place forever.

 

“Eunji? Wha-what are you doing?” Chorong asked, getting out of the bathroom after having a quick shower. She heard the loud noises and knew that the discussion with the King did not go well.

 

But the Park Princess is always prepared. She made her promise and oath at the altar. As the wife to the Jung heir, she will follow Eunji's rule and orders, even though it may not necessarily be the right decision.

 

“We’re running away.”

 

Chorong stared at her, but remained calm. She assumed that her wife has made such a rash decision out of anger. But Chorong decided to follow Eunji, knowing that in time, she will be able to clear her mind and see the real truth.

 

That she will return back to the palace as the rightful heir.

 

“Where are we going? Your Father has men everywhere. They will find us in no time.”

 

“There is a place that they can never step foot in.” Eunji turned to look at her wife. “Raven Woods.”

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

 

“They failed?”

 

“I’m sorry. The scouts spotted a strange, furry creature and we couldn’t move on any further.” The hooded man said, handing a photograph of a werewolf to Park Chanyeol.

 

The young, bright nephew is alone in his spacious apartment home. He has been studying very hard at the prestigious Soeul University to obtain his Business & Economics degree. After all, once his uncle steps down, he will be in charge. He has worked very hard not to disappoint.

 

But with the new change of events, none of that matters anymore. He has a new goal in mind and being the ambitious Park he is; he will not give up.

 

His phone vibrated with a message. Picking it up, the man smirked at the message from his good friend, Jung Taekwoon.

 

I can’t believe it. That witch actually returned to me and offered her help. This Sungjae guy really led her in. That man is very useful despite his, rather annoying nature. Make sure to wire the payment to him.

 

“Well, this is an interesting progression.” He mumbled, placing his phone down as Chanyeol laughed to himself.

 

Everything is going according to plan. It is time that the young took over the old. New blood like him and Jung Taekwoon should rule the monarchy. Remove all of the old teachings and boring traditions, start everything brand new.

 

Chanyeol returned his attention back to the photograph of the werewolf. He doesn’t believe it. Since young, he was taught the same beliefs as every Park kid. That paranormal beings are the very sons of Satan. That they were able to twist and brainwash their minds.

 

Well, Chanyeol doesn’t believe in any of that bull.

 

He is very much fascinated to see that there is still a werewolf living among them. He thought that all of them had gone extinct, just like what Taekwoon thought about vampires. It seems like not everything is like it seems. The adults lied and it only means there are much more secrets to uncover.

 

This only makes the young prince more than motivated to find out more. Whether there could be more survivors, more witches, werewolves, vampires that live among them, he is very curious.

 

With his first step done, Chanyeol will ensure that he will get real close with that witch. He doesn’t plan on hurting her but, to use her to his full advantage.  

 

“What do you suggest that we do now, sir?” The hooded man asked, waiting for further orders.

 

“Proceed with Plan B.”

 

“Understood.” The hooded man nodded and exited the room.

 

Just two floors below the apartment that the young price resided, a spark of purple flashed in the small studio room. Both Namjoo and Sungjae landed on top of the messy king sized bedroom.

 

“I think I’m getting used to your teleportation abilities. They seem kinda cool.” Sungjae laughed it out, never failing to be amazed at his friend’s powers.

 

“Let’s just get straight to the point Sungjae. I just want to stop the worst from happening. I don’t know what my sister saw in that head of yours, but you have to tell me everything that you know.”

 

“I will. But it will be a long story.” Sungjae got up from the bed, running over to the small counter. “Do you want coffee or tea?”

 

“Just water will be fine.”

 

“Alright.”

 

Calming her chaotic mind, the witch was able to see things clearly now. She made the right decision. She shouldn’t have returned back to Raven Woods. It was already a sign, the moment she saved that little baby at the crossroad. She should’ve continued to do more, save more.

 

Namjoo listened carefully to Sungjae, nodding and accepting the proof and fact that the videos are already all out in the Internet. He showed her proof that the netizens support her heroic acts. He showed her all the supportive text messages from the staff at Dispatch.

 

Yeah, that’s sweet and all. But Namjoo isn’t here for that. She needs to prevent a death from happening. A Jung member will be killed and that is her sole target.

 

“Okay. I get it. I know you guys are really sweet and everything. Thank you Sungjae. But I need to know about this Jung family member dying. What are Jung Taekwoon and Park Chanyeol planning to do?”

 

“Well, uh you see…Namjoo…” Sungjae faltered his eyes. “To tell you the truth, they did me a favor. In exchange of the information that you would be at Raven Woods, in exchange of the directions and ways to get to that place safely, I had to do a favor to them…and I haven’t told you anything yet…”

 

Namjoo sighed and facepalmed herself. Of course. She knew Sungjae for so many years, so it should be no surprise by now, at how naïve he is. How he could fall so easily into someone’s trap.

 

“Go ahead. I’m listening.”

 

“Park Chanyeol and Jung Taekwoon are very ambitious people. They are planning to start a whole new revolution, to take over the royal monarchy and build a new one, a new Soeul.”

 

“What?” Namjoo arched her eyebrows. She already knows that this is going to be a huge problem. It will be messy, people could die, the peace disturbed.

 

“But they need the help of a witch.”

 

Namjoo sighed, the memory of Jung Taekwoon and his gang popping up in his head. “That Jung Taekwoon bastard…”

 

“O-oh…you know?”

 

“Yeah. He asked me once, and I thought he was gonna hurt me so I beat him up and left.”

 

“Damn.”

 

“Wait.” The witch suddenly realized something. By connecting the pieces together, Naeun’s mention of a Jung family member dying, the ambitions and goals of this new alliance, it can only mean one thing. “...Are they planning to assassinate the Jung King?”

 

Sungjae grew silent and simply nodded.

 

“Wow.”

 

“I’m sorry. This was the only way I could bring you back.”

 

“Sung- look. Sungjae. Why are you going such lengths for me, a witch? What, do you like me or something? Do you have feelings for me?”

 

“…I do.”

 

“Sungjae-ya.”

 

“Namjoo, I like you.”

 

 

~X~

 

 

 

The plan was simple. They were to wait patiently until dawn fell, then they would make the move. They’ve locked themselves inside the room and rejected every single call of the servants. Even Bada herself was given the cold shoulder.

 

Surprisingly, the Jung King has done nothing since the exposure of all his secrets. He has been quietly reflecting inside his room, occasionally looking at the wedding picture of him and Jung Hyerim. But as the King, as the man, he did not shed a single tear. He kept everything inside his solid heart.

 

He had to do something, knowing that a threat was near. He can feel it. Death knocking his door. If Jung Taekwoon tried to assassinate his daughter, surely he would come for him too. So, the King decided to go over to his desk and dipped his pen, writing a long note. Folding the paper into half and sealing it into a white envelope, he ordered Bada to his room.

 

“Yes, Your Majesty?”

 

“I want you to keep this. Give it to Eunji when I no longer breathe in this world.”

 

“Your Majesty, you’re saying…”

 

“I know. I have made a lot of mistakes. You know it better, Bada. My wife was very close with you, I’m sure she would’ve spilled something as well, knowing that talkative mouth of hers.” Taehyun smiled sadly, remembering his wife. “How is Eunji doing? Is she still in her room?”

 

“Yes. She has ignored the calls of the servants and even me. But she has remained obediently quiet. No plans on running away yet. It seems that the Park Princess has tamed her.”

 

“Of course.” Taehyun chuckled. “My daughter is very much like me. Just like a Jung.”  The King nodded, deep in thought. “Very well. You can leave. Please take good care of my Eunji, Bada.”

 

“Yes, Your Majesty.” Bada bowed and left, leaving the room alone to the Jung King who has continued to sit in his bed, in deep thought.

 

He remembers the first time he met Jung Hyerim. Havana the Fire Demon. She was no monster. But simply beautiful. Her gaze. Those mesmerizing orbs. Her fiery touch. It was something he missed a lot.

 

Love stole the King’s heart and he does not regret it. He has done his part as both a husband and father. The rest is up to Eunji now. Leaning his back against the bed board, Taehyun let out a sigh and looked at the window, observing the moon in the skies, wondering if Hyerim is watching him, comforting him.

 

"Will I meet you soon, Hyerim-ah?" 

 

A floor below, is the other bedroom. Ever since Eunji heard everything about her family’s dark secrets that she just found out hours ago, she has been so conflicted and confused. The fact that she was never human in the beginning. The fact that she is a child of a demon.

 

But Chorong accepts her as she is.

 

It is the heart that counts.

 

That very phrase melts Eunji’s heart and each time, it makes her stronger. Even when her world is falling apart, Chorong won’t let it happen. She’s always there, her light, her guide, her sun, her warmth, her home.

 

It's okay if she no longer has a father. It's okay if she no longer has a mother. But Eunji won't be able to live without Chorong in her life. 

 

“But why Raven Woods?”

 

“I want to find out who I truly am. More about my mother. More about myself.” Eunji her fingers across Chorong’s hair strands. “So that I can understand why I am like this. I know. Sometimes, I get so angry that the things I do, can be very destructive. It is as if I can’t control myself. And…I’m scared that one day…I’ll hurt you. I can’t let that happen.”

 

Chorong smiled sadly and planted a soft peck onto Eunji’s forehead. “No matter what happens, I’ll always be with you.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Dawn has arrived. It is time.

 

The couple discreetly escaped their bedroom, not making a single sound. Tip-toeing past the servants’ quarters and down the staircase, they planned on using the back kitchen door. Chorong was reminded of the days where she used to creep out of her own house, to meet Bomi in secret and it brought back that same thrill and excitement. But this time is different.

 

They were running away from home and to never return again.

 

Pushing the wooden door, opened the path into the Jung botanical gardens. With quick steps, they would turn and twist, taking a step closer to the exit. But it wasn’t only until they saw a young lady waiting for them. Casually sitting on top of the fence, it was Bomi.

 

But Eunji remained calm. She was ready to push her away, hurt her, if she had too. This is her own decision and anyone who dares to step in, will face the consequences.

 

“Bomi.”

 

“Took you long enough.” The werewolf smiled, jumping down and opening the gate for them.

 

The couple looked at Bomi, surprised. They thought she would stop them and force the two back into the locked bedroom.

 

“So, Raven Woods right? It’s going to take a long way by foot. You sure you don’t need my help?” Bomi smirked, turning into her werewolf form and lending her back.

 

Eunji and Chorong glanced at each other and smiled. They carefully hopped on and rode on top of Bomi, who moved quickly with her steps, jumping and cutting through the Jung compound.

 

“Bomi…thank you...” Eunji said with a smile of relief.

 

“I serve you Master, not the Jung Taehyun. Not Bada. Oh, but I also serve the Park Princess too!"

 

Chorong giggled, leaning into Eunji closer and tightening her grip, afraid that she might fall off.

 

“Thank you Bomi.” The Park Princess said, more than grateful to have another person by their side.

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

 

Hayoung has been doing her best to keep her girlfriend happy. It worries her a lot, especially with the damage Namjoo has caused. The vampire knows how much Naeun loves and cherishes Namjoo. It’s always very subtle and it that Namjoo fails to notice it.

 

In the morning, Naeun will recite spells and chants. In the afternoon, she will talk a walk to the garden and gather ingredients for her potions. During the evening, she spends hours mixing the concoction and at night, is only for her and Hayoung.

 

Never once has she mentioned Namjoo. Never once has she ever asked about her.

 

“You’re frowning again, baby.” Naeun cupped the vampire's cheeks, knowing that the energy tonight is a little less exciting than before.

 

“Ah. S-sorry…” Hayoung looked away, realizing that she’s always an open book to her girlfriend. Its impossible to hide her true emotions and feelings.

 

“You’re thinking about her aren’t you?”

 

“Y-Yeah…”

 

Naeun sighed. “I honestly don’t know what to do anymore Hayoung. I’ve done my best. To lead Namjoo into that perfect life of a witch, to teach her to be responsible and independent. But still, she never listens.”

 

“She has her own life, baby. She seems…happy being around with humans.”

 

Naeun shot a glare at Hayoung and immediately, the vampire stuttered and panicked, knowing that she ed up. “U-Uh I mean- “

 

“You’re right.” The witch looked down in defeat. “We can’t change the prophecy and just like that, I can’t change Namjoo either. It will happen, just like what mother predicted. I just…need to prepare myself when it happens. When she...dies.”

 

“No...Baby…” Hayoung Naeun's hair and pulled her closer into the embrace, comforting her with soft kisses down her sensitive neck and tickles. But it was cut short as they sensed something. They have a visitor. 

 

“God. Why do we have so many visitors today?” The vampire was a little irritated. She kept missing the chances to show Naeun that she's a great kisser.

 

Naeun peeked out of the windows, eyebrows arched upwards as she was not expecting to see them at all. The Jung heir, her wife, The Park Princess and a woman who, in the witches' eyes and sense, is a human werewolf.

 

“Interesting.”  She hummed, getting out of bed and ordering Hayoung to dress up. 

 

At the gate, Eunji remembered everything from the day she visited this place eight years ago. The heir stood tall and strong, one hand holding onto Chorong as her other hand knocked onto the gate.

 

“Witches. I know that you’re there. Let me in. I am Jung Eunji, the Jung heir.” She said, in a careful yet respectful tone. She doesn’t want to shout. It will give off a bad impression. She won’t be like her father. She’s different.

 

Chorong didn’t want to be scared, knowing that she has seen them before at the Royal Council. They don’t seem to hurt. Bomi on the other hand, kept quiet as she couldn’t help but to feel weird. The sense inside her, seem to have found a connection. There’s something in that castle, that makes her feel at home.

 

The gate opened by itself, as bats swarm out as a greeting. Naeun and Hayoung stepped forward in their black cloak, scanning their eyes at Chorong, Eunji and Bomi.

 

“Jung heir. What a surprise to see you here.”

 

“Sorry for intruding at this late hour, fellow witch.” Eunji bowed politely, causing the vampire to hum at the rather, surprising formality. Out of all the humans she has met, this woman seems to be the nicest and respectful of all. But Hayoung continued to kept her guard up. She doensn’t trust anyone but Naeun.

 

“What brings you here?”

 

“I wanted to ask you something. The prophecy that you told me of, eight years ago. You said something about destruction. There’s something else that you know of, don’t you? A power inside me.” Eunji placed her hand towards her chest. “I can sense it. You hold the answers.”

 

“I had envisioned that this day would come, Jung heir. Let’s discuss this further. Please, come in.” Naeun said, leading the way. But her eyes caught hold of Bomi, who was reluctant to step in. She could see the panic in her eyes, the confusion. “What is her name?” The witch asked, pointing at the werewolf.

 

“Bomi.” Chorong said, turning around to see her standing still.

 

“Bomi. Do not be afraid. You may come in.” Naeun said, her eyes glowing in a yellow hue. Bomi’s eyes responded back with her red hue, as she finally took the first step in. There was a connection, a message. The werewolf felt it.

 

Brought into the living room, the group sat down. Chorong looked around in amazement, finding it unreal that she’s here in the witches’ territory. She has heard so much from her father about how sinful and evil they could be. But it looks like he is wrong.

 

Bomi caught Hayoung staring at her. It seems that the vampire has caught up of what she truly is. But Hayoung refused to say anything until her girlfriend did.

 

“Let’s cut straight to the point. I don’t like running around corners you see.” Eunji began, hands clasped together. “I received word from my father that I am a child, birthed from Havana, The Fire Demon. Does that ring a bell?”

 

Naeun simply smiled, eyes onto the sapphire bracelet locked onto the heir’s wrist. It was already the sign and answer to the witch. She has already come into a conclusion and is more than ready to trust Jung Eunji. She is unlike the other Jungs she has met.

 

Different from the other humans.

 

She is 99% confident that the couple in front of her, is in fact the reincarnations of Warrior Hak and Princess Saeyoon. Naeun and Hayoung had constantly had a debate for years. But it seems they are certain now.

 

What comes around, goes around. 

 

The two met again, but in a different body, a different form. But the souls inside, are the same.

 

“I am sure it must have been shocking to learn that, Jung. Yes, you hold the blood of a demon. Havana, was in fact, a very good friend of my mother, Lady Nayeon.”

 

“Oh, is that so?”

 

“She and Lady Nayeon had the same bracelet that you’re wearing, as a sign of their friendship. And I believe that it is only right, that I should teach you more about your powers. That is why you came, didn’t you?”

 

“You are absolutely right.”

 

“But what are you going to do, fellow Jung? I only allow those of the paranormal world to stay in my house. That includes you.” She looked at Bomi. “You.” And returned her gaze to Chorong. “But, not her.”

 

Eunji clenched her fists. She knew that things weren’t going to be this easy. Now, she has to make a choice. But she will not take the aggressive route like her father. Because she isn’t him.

 

“How long would your teaching take?”

 

“If you were to fully master your abilities, that would take at least two years. But…if you want to purely know the basics, a month will suffice.”

 

Chorong placed her hand on Eunji, as a sign to tell her that its okay. That it will be fine if she were to be away from Eunji. It is for her own good after all. But the Park Princess has no idea that Eunji can't live without her. Just spending even one day away, feels like death. There is no way she will do that.

 

“One month will do. But on one condition.”

 

“You seem to be making deals when I am the one offering you, Jung.”

 

“I noticed that there was an abandoned village nearby. The three of us can take refuge there and during the day, I can come over by myself to train. Surely, it would be disrespectful if a random stranger were to stay at your house for a long period of time right? I certainly do not want to interrupt your privacy and would definitely prefer to spend more time with my wife.”

 

Naeun hummed, finding Eunji’s bargaining skills rather interesting. She tends to take logical ways that were taken into much consideration, instead of using her feelings as the decision-making pointers. She is very different from her father.

 

“Very well. That is a deal.”

 

Hayoung looked at her girlfriend, with widened and confused eyes. She’s never made such a decision like this. But then again, Hayoung remembers about Havana.

 

Lady Nayeon and Havana were good friends. They were inseparable. If it wasn’t for Havana, they wouldn’t even be able to stay at Raven Woods. If it wasn’t for Havana, they would probably be killed off during the massive massacre years ago. Naeun is simply returning the favor.

 

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

 

She doesn’t know why she did it. Or why she even said it.

 

Maybe she was longing to find someone who actually cared. Or trying to find a way to heal her lonely heart. Her sister was right. She has grown too attached to humans. But it doesn’t matter. She makes her own decisions now.

 

So here she is, lying under the blanket. Her body feels oddly weird, having to experience a sensation like never before. Last night was strange. The heat. The tension. The sounds she made. The sweet whispers and taste.

 

The witch blinked her eyes, staring at the back of Sungjae’s neck. He’s snoozing quietly, as well and having to see every bit of his skin. It drives Namjoo insane. She knows that she shouldn’t be doing this.

 

Not when she lied to him about having feelings too.

 

Namjoo had gone to far to wanting to become human, to the fact that she wanted to try. To experience . To experience love.

 

But it was not a genuine love. It was forced.

 

And now, she is indebted with promises. Because she has promised to help Sungjae out of a fake love. To help him, help Jung Taekwoon and Park Chanyeol. She came, to stop the death of someone, but in turn, she’s helping them to kill.

 

The witch began to question herself many times. She’s confused and lost. Is this the right path that she’s going for? Namjoo thinks that she might find the answer eventually, in time. For now, she will go forward.

 

She will meet Jung Taekwoon again, in person, because of Sungjae. That’s right. She’s doing this for Sungjae.

 

For the sake of friendship. For the sake of love.

 

The witch doesn’t say anything in the car, she doesn’t want to mention anything about what happened last night. And surprisingly, Sungjae has kept his talkative mouth shut. After parking inside a basement lot, the two get out and enter the lift that reaches the 56th floor of the building.

 

It seems to be the place where Jung Taekwoon, or otherwise “Leo” works. Namjoo finds out that Leo is the CEO of Tiger Brandings, a well-known and established fashion line company. This is a rather, unexpected information for the witch, because she has never expected a secret heir to be doing business at such a young age.

 

“Ah, you brought her. Well done, Sungjae.” Leo greets the two, getting up from his comfy seat and shaking the man’s hand. He then proceeds to shake Namjoo’s hand, smiling and to his relief, Namjoo shakes it back, unlike what happened last time. “So, you’ve considered the option. With your friend around.” Leo said, returning back to his seat.

 

“As long as it doesn’t involve killing or hurting anyone. I do not want my hands to be stained in blood.”

 

“Do not worry. I have said before that we will do it. I just need your help to find me some information from the royal monarchy. Their security has been really tight and it’s a hassle. My men have all tried and were caught trespassing in. Costs a lot of money to get them out of bail.”

 

“Mr. Jung, I don’t think we’ve discussed thoroughly on this. I thought you were partnering up with Park Chanyeol. Why are you resorting to such illegal methods?” Sungjae asked, a bit confused.

 

“Oh, don’t you get it? We can’t always play the good boy in this game. Chanyeol has his own methods, his own goals. I, have my own. Chanyeol wants to be King. I also want to be King. But the Park household is his own business. I cannot interfere with that.”

 

“I…see…”

 

“The payment has already been wired to your account Sungjae. Good work bringing her, here.”

 

“Sungjae…you didn’t tell me that you were being paid for this…”

 

“S-sorry. Some things are better left unsaid.” The man cleared his throat, taking sneaky steps behind. “Well then, Mr. Jung! I will let you two have your own private time.” Sungjae leaned into Namjoo’s ear in a whisper. “I’ll be at the lobby waiting for you. Good luck.”

 

“H-hey, Sungjae- !” The witch couldn’t stop the man in time as he already slipped through the door. The guards outside locked it and Namjoo has no other choice but to face Leo alone, in his spacious office.

 

But she thinks that this time, it’s more of a mutual feeling now. Leo won’t attack her. At least, not in a place like this. There is a transparent window across, employees passing by can see through.

 

“Alright, I know. The world works like this, so I will do the same, whether or not you are human.” Taekwoon smiled, tossing a thick envelope onto the floor. Namjoo picked and opened it, revealing a load of cash inside.

 

“Huh. Seems like you know how to control people.” The witch scoffed. “What is your true motive anyway? Tell me what you know about the monarchy and your plans to conquer the throne.”

 

“Interesting. It’s rare to see a witch like you, to be this involved. Very well.” Leo adjusted his chair and offered the witch to sit on the couch. “I grew up in an orphanage. Didn’t have a single idea that I was the son of Jung Taeyang, the rightful King. But one day, I was adopted by a family. My mother’s brother, Lee Yongin. That’s when I was told of everything. My father’s assassination. Taehyun’s betrayal. And me, the son that no one knew of.”

 

“And you decided that it was your fate, to restore your father’s wish? To become King?”

 

“Not only that. The world needs to change. I have seen so much. Like how Lee Yongin was stripped off his powers and privileges from the Jung, even though he was part of the family. The moment my mother died, he was removed like a piece of garbage. These stupid rules and policies need to change. And no one is going to do it, except me.”

 

“…I see.” Namjoo nodded.

 

As she has lived much longer than the rest, she has watched the Jung Kingdom grow. Kings after Kings, sons after sons, she knew about their strict system, their obsession towards traditions. Perhaps, it would be interesting to see a change. She’s had enough of seeing the same things. It’s dull and boring.

 

“I need your help, witch. No, Kim Namjoo.” Taekwoon said. “I need you to sneak into the Jung Palace and find me whatever information that proves valuable to me. I need you to map out a whole blueprint of that building, so that we can analyze its weak points, exit routes, anything. Only you can do this.”

 

“Because I have powers that you don’t have. Teleportation abilities.”

 

“Smart. You know what I want.” Taekwoon smirked. “So, are you up for it?”

 

“Only once. After this, let Sungjae live freely. Don’t bother him. And don’t even think of using him as a bait to bring me here.”

 

“Deal.”

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

 

Just a short drive away from Raven Woods, is an isolated, abandoned village. Houses are still intact, there is no electricity but there is a fresh stream nearby. Nature has taken over the territory, sprouting a variety of flowers, trees, shrubs and vines. Finding refuge in a small wooden cabin, the couple began to make themselves comfortable. It doesn’t seem that bad for a place to live in for a month. While of course, this will be a big 360 degree change from the comfortable, lavish, royal lifestyle they grew up with, but it is a brand new experience.

 

The couple would have to sleep on the hard wooden floor, scavenge for their own food and do everything by themselves. No servants to pamper and serve them. No ready-made dishes and fancy clothes that they can wake up to everyday.

 

This is the life they have decided on.  

 

“Are you okay with living like this? I can go back and convince the witches to let us stay inside. It will be more comfortable, I’m sure there will be beds too. Warm food too.” Eunji asked.

 

She made a reckless decision without even asking for her wife’s consent. The Jung heir is fine because she is used to it from her harsh training regimes. But knowing her Park Princess, it will be a challenge for her. She grew up pampered and spoiled.

 

“It’s fine, Eunji. It is just one month and this is for your sake. I want you to learn more about yourself and be able to control your powers.”

 

“Are you sure baby? Living in this kind of environment…this isn’t your kind of thing- “

 

“I said it’s fine Eunji. I’m doing this for you.” Chorong cut in, silencing her wife with a soft peck on the cheek. She knows that Eunji will worry, because of her.

 

Living in such a luxury, the Park Princess never got to understand how those of the poorer classes lived. She wanted to experience the life of those who were not privileged. She wanted to experience their sufferings and pain. Even though this is just a small portion of that, every little bit counts.  

 

The Jung heir smiled sadly, tightening her grip onto Chorong’s hands. “Thank you. I’ll assure you that I’ll become better and stronger…for you.”

 

“Master, I have scouted the area. It’s safe. No animals are residing here so you do not need to worry if any wild wolves or boars come by.” Bomi said, returning. “And of course, I will protect the Park Princess with all my life when you’re not around. I will follow her everywhere…well except when she goes to the toilet.”

 

Eunji laughed and the werewolf’s hair as a gratitude of thanks. “Thank you Bomi.” Watching Bomi grin brightly, she is honestly no different than a fluffy puppy. Cute, yet loyal and responsible.

 

Day 1.

 

In the morning, Eunji had to undergo a meditation process inside the Garden of Truth. Often a place where Naeun goes around to collect ingredients for her potion-making, it is also a sacred area to calm one’s spirit and soul.

 

With the witch’s help, the Jung heir was able to understand more about her other blood. Her other self. The demon residing inside her body. It is still dormant, but whenever Eunji grows angry, its powers begin to seep out. If she does not control her temper, she may one day awaken the monster inside.

 

“But sometimes, summoning the demon is good. Depending on the situation, young Jung.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You will know when the time comes. A demon’s power is very useful when you want to protect someone you truly love. Such as…your wife.”

 

Eunji opened her eyes and stared at the witch. “Are you hinting at the prophecy?”

 

“Perhaps.” Naeun smiled. “Now then, let’s continue your meditation.”

 

While her wife started her first day of training, Chorong decided to explore the abandoned village. She isn’t afraid because she has Bomi by her side. Although she is quite anxious with the thought of evil spirits and ghosts wandering about. The Park Princess wonders about the village’s story. Whether it was a home to several families that lived in happiness, only to have it torn by the war. Whether it was a place used by the Royal Army as part of their base. Chorong is always curious and there’s no stopping her when she needs answers.

 

But even so, she would stop and wonder about many other things. It happened so fast. The events from last night. Eunji and Chorong were just having their honeymoon, only to have it cut short by a sudden assassination attempt. And then, her wife went on a rampage. In such a short amount of time, she just discovered many of the hidden Jung secrets. The fact that her wife is a half-demon. The fact that there is a new threat to the throne. And the fact that Eunji no longer wishes to be the heir.

 

But was this the right route to take?

 

“Bomi-ya.”

 

“Yes, Park Princess?”

 

“Do you...think Eunji made the right decision?”

 

“Park Princess…are you doubting my Master?”

 

“No. I believe in Eunji. I trust her. But I also fear that this may bring us more danger. She made a decision without much thought. While I understand how upset she must’ve felt...how betrayed she was that her family lied to her…how shocking it must be to find out that she’s a half-demon…” Chorong sighed. “But she still has royal blood in her. How can Eunji just throw away all of her efforts like that? She told me so much about how excited she was, to be King one day. But now...”

 

“Park Princess. I understand your worries. But Master is doing this for your sake too. She wants you to be safe. And also be happy. I’m sure that Master believed that by continuing to live under the royal family’s watch will be suffocating. That’s why she decided to run away with you. To live a better life.”

 

Chorong looked up at the blue, clear skies. She’s never really seen it in full, as she was always in the palace, sheltered inside.

 

“I love Eunji. I really do, Bomi. But as her wife, it is also my responsibility to guide her back to the right path. I can't always say yes to her.”

 

"Then, you should talk to her, Park Princess. In a relationship, there should always be communication between both of you.”

 

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

As promised, Namjoo did her job.

 

With a snap of her fingers, she teleported herself inside the Jung palace. To her surprise, it’s rather empty at this hour. Standing inside of what appears to be the bedroom of the newlywed couple, the witch widened her eyes at the mess.

 

There’s clothes scattered everywhere, as if someone went and rummaged the place. Namjoo peeked through the door. After making sure that the coast is clear, she tiptoed across the corridor and decided to climb upstairs. She noticed the sign on the door at the far left, the office of the Jung King.

 

Surely, Namjoo knows that it’s a bad idea if she were to teleport there. It will be awkward if the King happens to be inside. So, the witch stands in front of the door and knocked it three times. There was no sound. At the instant, Namjoo snapped her fingers and teleported herself inside the office.

 

There’s no one around. Perfect.

 

Namjoo began to search the King’s office, obtaining various confidential documents that Jung Taekwoon would certainly love to have his hands on. But the witch also finds a photograph of the Jung King and his wife.

 

She blinked her eyes twice. The wife, or rather the Queen that looked really familiar.

 

Why does she look like mother’s best friend, Havana? Wait…what the hell?

 

That’s when she realized something shocking.

 

If the Jung heir is Havana’s daughter that means…she’s a half-demon…holy .

 

Walking outside, the witch hid in a corner, eavesdropping a conversation downstairs.

 

“I’m sorry madam. We have searched everywhere possible but, we could not find the Jung heir and the Park Princess."

 

“Thank you for hardwork, Youngmin. I am afraid that the Jung King will not be very pleased to hear that, especially with what happened last night. Now he is going to blame everything on himself.” Bada sighed. “You may leave.”

 

The Jung heir ran away with her wife? Man, this is some progressive royal drama action happening here.

 

Keeping these thoughts in her head, Namjoo proceeded to gather the information and blueprint of the palace, putting Jung Taekwoon’s job first before anything else. Exploring every single room of the Jung household, she’s a little envious that those kids have been living in such a nice, luxurious place yet made the quick decision to leave.

 

Humans are complicated.

 

Returning back to Taekwoon’s office, the man is very pleased and thanked the witch for her help.

 

“Only this time. Don’t call me ever again.” The witch said, keeping her lips tight of what she heard at the palace. She's not going to share anything, not even the fact that Jung Eunji is the daughter of Havana. Or the fact that the Jung heir ran away from home with the Park Princess. 

 

“Just like we promised. Thank you, Namjoo.” Taekwoon smiled, his hands finally onto the documents that he had been dying to touch and see. It contains government plans, secrets, blueprints, important lists and names. It will make his goal, much easier to reach. 

 

"I hope we don't meet again. Bye."

 

The moment Namjoo snapped her fingers, she had to act quickly. Even though she knows that it is more than embarrassing to return back, but she has no other choice. Flashing back into the living room of Raven Woods, she was immediately stopped by Hayoung who already sensed her presence.

 

The vampire pushed the witch hard against the wall, hands gripped tightly around her collar, eyes glowing in a red hue. She's furious.

 

“I can’t believe you still had the guts to return.” Hayoung growled. She really would love to knock some senses into her and yell at her. 

 

“Wow. I am scared.” Namjoo replied sarcastically with a smile. It's so rare to see an angry Hayoung in her time and the thought excites her. “Don’t you know that I obviously have the upper hand when it comes to you, Hayoung?” The witch stared, hands carefully cupping Hayoung’s cheeks as a purple aura seeped through her fingers.

 

In a switch, Hayoung felt powerless. All of her energy were away by her magic.

 

“Namjoo- you!” The vampire collapsed to the floor, unable to do anything else.

 

“I’m sorry Hayoung. But I came back with a reason. And I'm serious this time.”

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

Jung Taehyun thought that his own daughter actually run away from home. He believed that Eunji simply said that out of pure anger and the emotions at that moment. But she was dead serious. His precious daughter has really grown up. She's not a kid anymore and now, she's creating more problems for him.

 

How could he explain that to his royal comrade, the Parks? That his own daughter, the rightful heir, decided to leave the household together with the Park Princess, whom the Park family cherished and loved a lot?

 

Surely, all of the blame will be on him. And in time, he will have no choice but to explain everything from the beginning. Another cycle of shame and regret will continue, having to peel open his dark secrets again. And if this escalates further, Jung Taehyun could be arrested by the Royal Police for investigation. This can’t be good.

 

He needs to find Eunji fast. Have her return to the palace and have her safe. Jung Taekwoon's still alive meaning he has more chances to bring her down.

 

Time is running out.

 

And Taehyun knows it. His death. Knowing how fast these events have escalated, it was predictable.

 

Here he is, calmly sitting inside his bedroom despite his messy thoughts. He has been thinking for hours, hands still holding onto the family portrait of him, Jung Hyerim and an infant Eunji. He knows this is his last, and decided that he will let it be. 

 

The only way to make Eunji come back, is him, dying. 

 

Noticing the door creaking open, it must be time. No one is allowed into the King's bedroom except under order. 

 

“So, you finally came.” Taehyun said, as the assassin appeared from the door. To his surprise, the King doesn’t do anything. He doesn't call for the guards, because he knows that they are probably lying dead outside the corridor. Jung Taehyun is just sitting there, defenseless like an open target.

 

“It is time to rest, old man.” The assassin said, brandishing his silver blade already stained in blood. He pranced in a second, knife directly under the King's chin, ready to make the kill.

 

“Did Jung Taekwoon send you?”

 

"Your long-lost nephew has sent you a message, dear King. It is finally time to atone for your sins."

 

“My sins? That seems about right." Taehyun looked directly into the assassin's eye. "Kill me, young lad. This is only the beginning of something you will regret forever in your life.”

 

The assassin slid his blade across Taehyun's chin without hesitation, blood splattered across the bed as his lifeless body collapsed onto the mattress. As the blood trailed down and reached the family portrait of the Jung family, the deed is done.

 

The Jung King, Jung Taehyun is dead.

 

 

 


 

Author's Notes:

 

The King is dead. And the rightful heir, Jung Eunji has run away with her wife after being betrayed by her very own famiy. Just like how Chorong has began to doubt her wife's decisions, was this the right thing to do? 

Witch Naeun actually training Eunji because Havana was good friends with Lady Nayeon, now that's a new twist. And boy, Namjoo...she keeps going to and fro from places. Not only did she just turn her back, but she helped the "enemy" and returned back to Raven Woods on her own accord? It's no wonder that Hayoung's angry. Hopefully this time, she'll make it right.

The letter that Jung Taehyun wrote and gave to Bada, hmmm....what could that be?

Eunji and Chorong, are the reincarnations of Warrior Hak and Princess Saeyoon?? 

There's definitely a lot of things progressing in this chapter and I hope it won't be too confusing and complicated ^^ There isn't a lot of Eunrong moments for this chapter, but in the next, that's where we are going to see them tackle on their relationship. (oops i might've given a spoiler).

Thank you for being patient with the updates and thank you for reading! Looking forward to read your comments and assumptions of what will happen next!

See ya ;)