Audition Day

Behind The Perfect Mask

Taehyung exhaled in front of the mirror. Today was the audition day, he felt extremely nervous. He had trained his heavy vocals and wished it was skilled enough to be chosen in BigHit.

He arrived at the hall. His eyes widen when he realised he was the number '503'. As he got in, he saw many boys, holding lyrics and exercising, while some other were trying to relax. Luckily, the audition was only for boys, so the hall was full of them mostly around his age, while some others were 15.

They were all sat on the chairs, watching the boys audition one by one. Taehyung's eyes fell on the judges, on the right was a guy named Kim Seokjin and was a manager, in the middle was Jung Hoseok a producer and on his left was an elder man who also was a composer and lyricist.

As time passed, Taehyung's stomach tighten, he felt like throwing up from anxiety. He tried to sit comftortably on his chair, as tears gathered in his eyes. He lost control of his body. Suddenly, he felt a hand on his shoulder, it was a sweet boy with puffed cheeks "Are you alright?".

He couldn't hide it, he frowned his face and shook his head negatively. The boy motioned his head "Go outside to take fresh air. We can go together", Taehyung looked at the stage, making the boy understand "It's ok, you're 503, while I'm 325. We got some time", his words made Taehyung agree.

The fresh cold air hit Taehyung on the face, immediately making him feel better. He exhaled heavily, turning to the other "I'm Kim Taehyung. You?", the other chuckled "I'm Park Jimin and I'll audition to be a singer. You?". The boy nodded "Ah yes, singer too".

Jimin shoved his hands in his jacket pockets "First time?", Taehyung looked down nodding "Yes...you?". The older chuckled "Third time". The other's eyes widened "Oh! Hope you make it this time", Jimin stood closer "Give me your phone number, so we can talk". Taehyung cleared his throat, but he exchange numbers with the other.

They went back in, as they saw many boys crying and leaving the building. Their number was close, but this time Taehyung's eyes fell on Jimin, who was sitting bored, but smiled widely when he noticed the other.

"Number 459, Park Jimin, singer" the boy went on the stage. He stood in front of the judges, Seokjin spoke "What song will you sing us today?", the boy exhaled softly from his nose "A song I wrote. It's Serendipity".

He started singing, leaving Taehyung and the other boys startled. The boy had honey vocals and the song match perfectly to him. As he finished, Hoseok hit his pen on the desk "Good, next". Everyone let a sound of surprise, they all started commenting that if they didn't like Jimin, they'll probably not like them.

Jimin bowed, walking away, hiding his disappointment. He passed next to Taehyung and stopped "Fighting" he raised his fist, as the younger felt much better this time. When he was close to the exit, he did a gesture showing Taehyung to call him.

Time passed quickly when Jimin left, as many boys couldn't sing because of the pressure. "Number 503, Kim Taehyung, singer" this time it was Hoseok, the most strict judge in the boy's opinion.

The boy stepped on the stage. Hoseok's eyes popped for a quick moment, making Taehyung look down. He placed his elbows on the table "What are you gonna sing to us, sweetie?", the younger's eyes widened in a cute way, as he looked at the 10 boys that were left in the hall.

He exhaled "I wrote this song, ehm...it's called Singularity", the judges nodded, while Seokjin spoke "Alright, go for it", The boy started singing. His deep voice, his rhythm, his beautiful and pure face left everyone amazed.

The boy finished. Both judges eyes fell on Hoseok, who was still looking Taehyung in amazement. He nodded "We'll call you. Be ready" Taehyung's face lightened. All the boys that were left started clapping their hands, as they were happy for their fellow.

Taehyung went out of the hall. He stopped at the door, doing cheering sounds and gestures as he couldn't believe that he did it. He was doing some small dances, when a staff member from the company opened the door, almost hitting him. Taehyung bowed in awkwardness, making the staff chuckle and also bow.

He went in his apartement. He was leaving alone as his parents were still in Daegu. They always wanted their son to be something big, but when Taehyung told them he wants to be an idol, they didn't go against him. They wanted their son to do something he would love.

He pouted as he wanted to talk to someone. He decided to call Jimin first. Not waiting for long 'Hello Jimin. I'm Taehyung from the audition', he heard a cute chuckle from the other 'Of course I remember. How was it?', the younger cleared his throat 'Can we talk from close?'. Jimin agreed, so they would meet in a close Cafe.

They both sat on the Cafe, ordering something to drink "So how was it?" said Jimin in a cold tone. Taehyung looked at him, accidently cutely "Jung Hoseok said that they'll call me. He looked extremely pleased with me. He even called me sweetie" he giggled and looked down.

Jimin frowned his eyebrows "In the beginning?", the other nodded, making Jimin abruptly say "This ert" he leaned back in his chair. Taehyung frowned his eyebrows in curiosity "Why do you say that? I thought he wanted to make me feel better".

The other shook his head, turning his head towards him "No Taehyung. He's a producer and...look I know guys like him. You're obviously his type. Don't let him take advantage of you, alright". Taehyung was taken aback "What do you mean?".

Jimin leaned forward, he looked fed up "I'm gonna talk to you openly. He wants to you, so he'll probably call you and ask for it. He'll maybe corner you by faking that he'll give you a chance or somehow and make you act how he wants and then he'll do it to you. He has power Taehyung, don't submit to him no matter what".

The boy's eyes were wide open, he gulped "How do you know?". He sniffed "Do you know Jeon Jungkook. The one who began as a kid around his 15s", the boy nodded, so Jimin continued "He was young and when he became an adult, his producer Yoongi..." he exhaled heavily "Forced him in a secret relationship with him".

Taehyung's eyes were ready to pop out "How do you know and Jungkook is in relationship?" his tone accidently higher than expected. Jimin went closer "Don't scream it! I know many idols. Whatever, that's not the point. He told me that he's not forced, but I know it is. He does whatever Yoongi tells him and you know...so he can keep his career, fame and money".

The younger looked down. He didn't know how to feel. He felt bad for Jungkook and he felt stupid for not understanding as he was watching the idol. He felt his stomach clench, the same nervous feeling as in the hall.

Jimin exhaled "Ok, relax, maybe I'm wrong. And maybe you're lucky. Whatever. Just be careful, mostly with guys like Jung Hoseok. Don't stay alone with him much if you pass". Taehyung pressed his lips together and nodded.

Big Awkward Silence.

Jimin exhaled, giggling "Sorry for making you feel uncomfortable", Taehyung shook his head, not wanting to comment more on it "And what will you do if BigHit doesn't take you?", Jimin shrugged "Do you know RM Entertainment?!", the younger nodded "Oh yes. Many rappers are in this agency".

The older chuckled "Yes. He saw my mixtape and called me. He said he wants me as a singer. Well, in 2 day I'll pass by there". Taehyung's eyes widened in surprise "I heard his agency is one of the best agencies". Jimin nodded "I know" with that he winked at him, both bursting out in laughter.

Time passed quickly, they had to go home. Jimin wore his jacket "You sure you don't want me to take you home? You're new here", Taehyung shook his hand negatively "It's alright. My house is close to this Cafe". Jimin chuckled "That's why you wanted to meet me here?". Taehyung nodded with a wide shy smile, making the older ruffle his hair.

Taehyung was walking home alone, thinking all the things he spoke with Jimin. He indeed felt nervous after all things that Hoseok may have thought to do to him. He shook his head, trying to forget them. He hoped to be lucky, but most of all he wouldn't let anyone do something bad to him. Or that's what he thought.