Chapter 6

Beauty of the Shore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Hannah walked through the door, a ball of pure excitement slammed into her. Giggling, the little girl tightly hugged Hannah before letting go and running back to the spot on the floor where she was sprawled out, drawing.

 

“I didn’t know you were in town Lilly!” Hannah laughed, setting her stuff down on the couch.

 

Lilly nodded vigorously, picking up a marker that she dropped when she ran to Hannah and continued scribbling on the page. She was humming some old school song.

 

“Hannah, is that you?” Astra called from the kitchen.

 

“Who else would it be, Mom?” Hannah sighed.

 

Walking into the kitchen, Hannah saw two women sitting at the table. They both had mugs in their hands and a plate of cookies between them.

 

Hannah walked over to Astra and kissed her on the cheek before doing the same to the other woman. The two of them were quite the sight to see. Astra was only 5’3 and had bronzed skin with very short hair, one side of her head bald with intricate tattoos coming up from her back intertwined around her ear. The other woman, on the other hand, was 6’ and was pale as can be. Long dark black hair that was braided came down to her hips. Watercolor tattoos covered every part of her skin aside from her face. They both had the most gorgeous brown eyes Hannah had ever seen though.

 

“Lianne, I didn’t know you’d be back from your trip so soon!” Hannah exclaimed, walking over to the cupboard to grab a glass.

 

“Oh, I didn’t either! Technically, it wasn’t supposed to be. I left. I just missed my girls too much.”

 

“Plus George threatened to have her visitation rights taken away for ‘putting her job before their children.’ Horse.” Astra grumbled, taking a sip out of her mug.

 

“He has a point. I realized after he said that, I don’t spend enough time with the girls. I couldn’t believe how big Lillith had gotten until I picked her up. I guess video chatting really doesn’t show you all you’re missing out.” Lianne sighed, looking towards the living room.

 

“Not to mention Lillith almost drowning the other day,” Astra added, standing up and walking to the cupboard next to Hannah.

 

“Wait, seriously? What happened?”

 

“Oh we were standing on the dock down at Vincent Beach talking to my aunt and uncle and the clumsy little falls into the water. Luckily this cute kid around your age saved her.”

 

“He was a mermaid!” Lilly exclaimed, running in from the living room carrying her drawing and shoving it into Hannah’s chest.

 

Astra chuckled quietly as she popped the cork off the wine bottle. As much as she loved wine, she didn’t have actual wine glasses. So she just used regular coffee mugs.

 

Hannah lifted up the drawing from the little girl’s hands as Lianne put her on her lap. Honestly all Hannah could make out was the black hair and greenish tail.

 

“Very nice, Lilly!” Hannah exclaimed, walking over to the fridge and pinning it there with a magnet alongside the many other oceanic drawings Lilly had given her. “A mermaid, eh?”

 

“Mmhmm! Mama saw him too!” She whipped her head around, smacking Lianne in the face with her hair.

 

“I should’ve gotten his number for you. He was a cutie.” Lianne winked and wiggled her eyebrows.

 

“Right. Mom barely likes Aaron being around, I’m sure she’d love a mermaid around.” Hannah laughed.

 

 

 

Kun felt Taeyong’s eyes glaring into him as they swam back to the shore. He couldn’t think of an excuse as to why he was out there with him so he just said that he wanted to human watch some more. Maybe he’d see Hannah.

 

“So your clan moved there? Really? We’ve always heard that it was dangerou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter