Chapter 3

Beauty of the Shore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kun couldn’t believe he got that to a human. He couldn’t believe he TALKED to a human. He couldn’t believe he TOUCHED a human! He really couldn’t believe they didn’t see his tail. The water was fairly dark in the low light of the storm. But above all else, Kun couldn’t believe he couldn’t stop worrying about the human he saved. Hannah. Such a foreign name to him, yet he couldn’t stop it from repeating in his mind to the point that he thought he’d go crazy.

 

He debated on leaving the area completely and going back home so that he didn’t risk himself again, but he just had to see her again. He needed to make sure she was okay. He had to get to know her. There was something so intriguing about her. It was like a primal need for him to be near her again, even if she couldn’t see him.

 

Hesitating, he slowly swam back to where he saved her the day before. He doubted that she would be there, she was probably traumatized. But he couldn’t risk not seeing her. Making sure to watch his surroundings as he slowly made his way, the uneasy nervous feeling wriggling around in his stomach. He knew he wasn’t supposed to be doing this. If only his family were there to talk him out of it. The thought of him getting found out and them never knowing what happened to him, why he never came back home. It made him stop momentarily. He was a couple miles out from the shore, looking back towards his home.

 

He needed her.

 

Even slower he began to swim for the shore, the dock being his destination. The waves were still slightly angry, but it was a sunny day. His tail sparkled beautifully in the sunlight that beamed through the water. To his surprise, human children were swimming around underwater. His nerves slowly started to rise even more. This was way too risky and foolish. It was like he wanted to be found out.

 

But what would happe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter