Chapter 4

Beauty of the Shore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kun couldn’t stop his racing mind. Who was Heiran? Or what? Who were that little girl and her mother? Who grabbed the little girl? Nonstop questions kept forming in his mind. What more could he do but go back to where he called home and do the mermaid equivalent of pace?

 

He tried to organize his thoughts the best he could. The thing he kept getting stuck on was the fact that he had the vision, to begin with. He wasn’t supposed to get them. The last time he got a vision was when Hua was born. Much to his brother’s disappointment as the family wanted her gender to be a surprise. Not that Sheng wasn’t ever NOT disappointed in Kun, even when they were children.

 

Just as Kun was deep in thought, a flash of red and green swam passed like a bolt. Stopping in his tracks, he asked himself if he was going crazy before slowly following the path it took. He could’ve sworn it looked like one of his kind. But he didn’t know anyone that had that coloring, not that they’d be all the way out here anyway.

 

As he rounded a corner, his jaw dropped. A merman. With bright red hair and a seafoam green tail. He was looking around, extremely flustered. He clearly didn’t know where he was going. Just as Kun was about to swim towards him, he whipped around and jerked back in surprise.

 

“Ah!” The stranger yelped, putting a hand over his heart.

 

He was quite handsome. In fact, his face resembled someone, but he couldn’t put his finger on it. Looking at the stranger’s hair, he immediately thought of Hannah. Although looking comparing the two in his mind, he noticed that Hannah’s was duller. Like it had been drained.

 

“Whoa…where are you from? What clan?” The stranger’s shock was replaced with excitement.

 

“There are other clans?” Kun’s heart lifted, everyone back home was convinced they were the last ones.

 

“Oh, sure! I came across at least 10 on the way over here! I’m Taeyong by the way! I’m from the Amethyst clan!”

 

“Kun…Jade clan.”

 

“Really? Everyone thinks you guys are extinct because your hovel is empty. My clan holds a ceremony for you guys each year.”

 

“Yeah we got found by the humans a couple hundred years ago I guess, so we relocated.”

 

Taeyong seemed really excitable. All frustration that was on his face just a second ago was replaced by ecstatic amazement. Kun was slightly unnerved by this. He didn’t know why, but something was untrustworthy about this man.

 

“Oh wow! Where to? Wait! No, I shouldn’t get sidetracked. I’m here on a mission.”

 

“Ahh..”

 

“You see, my little sister is missing. Has been for years. She was playing in the shallows of the island with our mother and then a human killed our mom and stole her.”

 

The vision popped into Kun’s head again. The little girl crying over her dead mother. Heiran. The hands taking the little girl. His head began to ache.

 

“I’ve been looking everywhere for her. Well so has the clan, but they’re all looking around our island. Like on the mainland and stuff, but I had a feeling she’d be way over here. I don’t think the human who stole her would be dumb enough to keep her close to her clan. Like, if they were smart enough to know about her, anyway. Hey, you wouldn’t have seen her, would you? She would have the same hair and tail as me. That’s about all I can describe her though. I mean its been years so she’d look different.”

 

He just kept talking, making Kun’s headache worse. The more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter