•10•

Why him?

Doctor Park is little bit sad that they aren’t so excited like him. They are happy but also scared. How will Yesung survive the long surgery? Doctors are going open his skull and it is scaring them. And what if he won’t be the same Yesung? Maybe something could go wrong and Yesung's brain will be damaged. But they need to be calm to ensure Yesung that it is going to be okay. In two days they came back and this time Yesung is having the surgery. He is almost crying when his mom hugged him. She looks so much older and smaller than before. Yesung's brother is on edge of tears too and his father patted back of his first son. Nurses came and changed Yesung into hospital gown. Then he has to take of his beanie and they shaved his head. Yesung laid down on stretcher and his family waved to him. Nurse is pushing the stretcher away toward operating room. The door closed behind them and Yesung is in middle of the room full of scary equipment. Completely alone and terrified.

 

Super Junior and Yesung's family are waiting in the waiting room when nurse ran to them.

 

"We need you to calm him down."

 

Leeteuk wants to help madam Kim to get up but the nurse stopped him.

 

"No, he asked for you."

 

Leeteuk runs behind her and the nurse prepared Leeteuk for entering the operating room.

Leeteuk is wearing the hospital scrubs and face mask too. He had to take some slippers which the nurse gave him because the operating room has to be sterile. Yesung is laying there and his crying is breaking Leeteuk's heart.

 

"I am scared."

 

Yesung's face is tearstained and he looks even more ill without hair. Leeteuk takes his small hand in his and squeezed it.

 

"You are going to sleep for a while and then you will wake up healthy again. There is no need to worry."

 

The monitor which is checking his heart beat is beeping like a crazy and Leeteuk must calm him down really quickly.

 

"Calm down and think about something nice. Maybe think about my promise which i gave you. That we will visit Hawaii."

 

Yesung seems calmer so Leeteuk continues.

 

"Think about all the different turtles who are there. Don’t you want to see them?"

 

Yesung weakly nods and stopped crying. One nurse stabbed needle in his arm and Yesung is slowly falling asleep. Leeteuk let go of his hand and watches the doctor who carefully put long tube in Yesung throat. Nurses are now moving fast around Yesung and send Leeteuk away. He goes back in the waiting room and sat down. Now they need to wait.

 

It has been 6 hours already. They have no idea how is it going but wait patiently. It is good that the doctors are careful but they would like to hear something. The small waiting room is crowded and it is making them more nervous. Finally when is everyone one falling asleep doctor Park came. He has wide smile and soon everyone in the room is smiling.

 

"It went excellently. The tumour was completely removed and Yesung's brain wasn’t damaged."

 

They start to cry in huge relief and happiness. Yesung is okay.

 

"He is on ICU now so no visits for next two days."

 

Doctor Park smiled sadly at them because he knows that they want to see him. At least he leaded them toward Yesung's room and they can see Yesung through a window leading in his room. Yesung's head is covered in bandages and he has still the breathing tube in his throat. Many machines are blinking and beeping around him and check if is everything okay. They are standing there for a while and then go home. Even if they are happy they are also tired.

 

Next two days Super junior stayed in their dorm. It is useless to go to the hospital and it could also cause that photographers would try to take photos of Yesung. After the two days Yesung is breathing on his own and everyone is waiting for him to wake up. His hospital room is now full of flowers, plushies and cards wishing him soon recovery. His family is with him during days and Super junior members spend nights with him. Everyone always finds some spot to sleep and spend whole night in his room. They also share stories with Yesung in them and always laugh so much that nurse comes to scold them. Today's evening they came with fried chicken to have dinner here. They have to work during so now they are tired. Leeteuk is doing

MC, Siwon has another commercial, Eunhyuk and Donghae work on their new album, simply everyone is now tired.

 

Yesung is still laying motionless in the hospital bed and much less wires and tubes lead in him. It has been a week and Yesung still isn’t waking up. Doctor Park ensure them that it is normal because he is simply exhausted. They sit down and start to eat. After more than two hours they start to fall asleep, so they took a short shower in the bathroom and start to doze off on their spots. Leeteuk tucked Yesung under blanket and turned off the lights. It is almost 2 in the morning when Yesung slowly opened his eyes. He is so tired that his eyes closed again after few seconds.

 

The room is dimly lighted and quiet. Members are sleeping all around the room. Siwon, Donghae and Eunhyuk are sleeping on couch. Leeteuk and Heechul are sleeping in chairs next to Yesung's bed. Shindong, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook are sleeping on couch which they steal from some room. Yesung is so thirsty that it hurt. He sees glass of water on table at legs of his bed, so he tries to reach for it.

 

Bad idea.

 

Pain shoot though his head and he whined loudly. It hurt so much that his vision got clouded and he is breathing heavily. Leeteuk woke up and checks Yesung. His eyes widened when he realised that Yesung is looking back at him.

 

"Yesung ...!"

 

Now everyone is slowly waking up and Leeteuk runs to get the doctor.

 

"Yeye how are you feeling?"

 

Heechul is leaning above Yesung and his cheek.

 

"Thirsty."

 

Heechul poured him glass of water when nurse stormed inside the room and took the cup away.

 

"He can’t drink right now or he will vomit."

 

She comes back with ice chips and told them that doctor Park will be here. Leeteuk ran one ice chip over Yesung's dry lips and does it again and again until the ice chips are all gone.

 

Doctor Park rushed in the room, pyjama top still under his jacket.

He shortly checked Yesung and then said that everything looks good and more tests will come in the morning. Yesung's parents and brother are here so they want to leave but madam Kim stopped them.

 

"You are his family too so please stay. I feel bad that I wasn’t able to take care of him but it was too much for me. You have bigger right to stay here."

 

They bowed to her but insist on leaving. His family deserves some private time with Yesung.

 

Two months later

Yesung his hair. He has finally his hair back but really short, same length like when he was in army. He also has some of his weight back. He can finally eat what he wan’t and realised something.

 

No one should care so much about their appearance because it isn’t so important. In few moments you can easily lost your great appearance and it shouldn’t destroy you. Yesung felt disgusting when he lost his hair or when was his skin broken and he was bleeding. He realised that it is useless to try to be skinny or look young when it can fade away so quickly. Of course that he is glad that he has his hair back because the scar is big. But he won’t torture himself to be skinny like he did before. He will be try to enjoy every day and everything because the tumour opened his eyes. Everyone should be happy and shouldn’t overthink even the smallest things.