AUTHOR'S NOTE

Paper Airplane

Hi Hello, MyDays! My name is Zen :D Most of you already know this by now LOL but, welcome to this long author's note where I'll be discussing the story and saying a few thank you's! If you actually read this, thank you for being interested enough to! ^_^ Now, let's talk about the story, shall we?

How 'Paper Airplane' Came to Be

If you guys didn't know, the original draft for this story was written in 2016, even before I wrote Tattoo. If you guys listened to the song mentioned in the foreword, "Paper Airplane" by Jeremy Passion, you'd realize it's about a long distance relationship! Hehe, so there was a spoiler as to why Brian would break up with Jae. But I love that song, and it holds some sentimental value to me, so I thought, this would be a cute story. Then I have a friend who's studying to be a pilot, and they go to the airport to watch planes and I thought that was so cute and I wanted to incorporate that, so then this story was born. 

Why Did It Take So Long?

Tattoo took priority, and this storyline was put on the back burner. I'm glad I revisited it a year later, though. Through Tattoo, my style developed and my confidence in writing grew, so I was able to write this story without many doubts. Granted, it's not perfect but I think it took 2 years for a reason! 

Original Plans

This was supposed to be a oneshot. Looking at the length now, I'm surprised I thought I could fit the development within a oneshot! There were other little things like Sungjin liking Jae back, but I'm a er for SungPil. I was contemplating making Sungjin find out Jae's initial feelings, but decided Brian moving was already conflict enough. Also, there were 2 endings that weren't this one. 

1) Brian and Jae wouldn't start dating until Brian returned from Canada. I was going to make this shorter, and have Jae only realize his feelings too late - when Brian was leaving. Brian was supposed to confess through the paper airplane, a tribute to their meeting, but Jae was going to read it while Brian was already on the plane. The classic you never realize what you have until it's too late!

2) They do start dating but Brian dies in a plane crash. I was going to milk that idea of Jae, being an airplane enthusiast, would have someone he loves taken from him by the thing he loves, by the things they used to watch together. But then I thought, I don't like pain that much so maybe let's not do that! 

Final Thoughts & Thank You's.

I'm overall proud of this story! Satisfied with the ending, as well as my update times! It took me over a year to finish Tattoo, and there would often be 2 months within updates. With Paper Airplane, I was able to stay on top of the chapters while producing a story I was proud of. Also, I'm super happy that this work brought upon new friends! And that brings me to you guys, you readers! Thank you so much for supporting this story. We reached 60 comments and surpassed 50 subscribers! I know there isn't a plethora of Day6 fanfics, so I plan to greet you soon with another story. Without you guys reading and telling me (whether it be directly messaging me, or through comments) I'm not sure I'd have the motivation to continue writing! So thank you, sincerely.

Special thank you's to: 

Giulia ♡ Sabby ♡ Uut ♡ Uyoo ♡ Kit ♡ Naw ♡ Jane ♡ Chris ♡ Katie ♡ Dania ♡ Fay ♡ Rukii ♡ Alfred

And AFF members:

melly-pop ♡ treess ♡ moonstarrr ♡ chocopieyj ♡ YehetBee 

I hope to receive your support with my future works. Thank you for being here till the end! 

As always, I'm open to conversation and friendship so you can contact me on either:

twitter&instagram: @zenkrcovers | kakao: zenaya

Let's continue to love Day6 together, MyDays! ^_^ Thank you, again. Until the next flight (hehe) let's end this journey here. Love & blessings - Zen.