[2]

The Last of the Real Ones

×××××

I'm done with having dreams; the thing that I believe.

×××××

 

It’s not so long before the ‘couple’ ordered and now eating their food. Jennie keeps on staring at the other girl, making her chuckle.

 

“Why? Am I not as good looking as your real date?”

 

“U-uh no. Actually, he’s on the other table with his friends.” Jennie explained, with a hint of pain inside her. Jisoo looked over at the table and frowned.

 

Dickhead. Why would you hurt this pretty girl here? God, I want to cut off your ing balls. Well, if you ever have one. Jisoo thought to herself, making her smirk to her last line.

 

“C’mon, let’s leave. He’s not worth your time, not even worthy enough to have the chance to look at your beautiful face right now.” Jisoo said before calling the attention of the waiter. He quickly came at their table.

 

“Yes, ma’am?”

 

“Bill please.” The guy seems to be fascinated, since they barely even touched their food.

 

“Is there any problem with your orders, ma’am?” He politely asked. The conversation, though calm, earned a few good looks to some people.

 

God, they’re such eavesdroppers. Can they leave me alone? Jennie thought so.

 

Jisoo smiled at the waiter, she noticed others listening too.

 

“Uh no. It’s just that my date have been really uncomfortable with the surroundings right now. We didn’t know live animals can actually enter and dine in your restaurant.” Jisoo waving her hand to Hanbin’s table as if she’s referring to them as the animals. Jennie can’t help, but smile with what she did. She also saw some other people listening, chuckled with what Jisoo said, after all, they heard all the insulting things the girls said to Jennie before.

 

The waiter came back with the bill, Jisoo reached for her purse and pulled out some cash to pay for their dinner. She stood up from her seat, grabbed her keys and waved it off, and reached for Jennie’s hand. Jennie appreciated the gesture, almost as if she forgot the whole Hanbin incident. She held Jisoo’s hand without hesitation and walked outside the restaurant to Jisoo’s car. If it’s not shocking enough that Jisoo saved Jennie, their upset were doubled when their gaze followed the two until they reached the car.

 

“Holy , Jisoo owns that ferrari?!” Beomseok hissed.

 

“Not just a ferrari, a freakin 812. God.” Daeshim answered.

 

“How the hell did Jennie landed with that hottie?” Kyungmi as she watched Jisoo opened the door for Jennie.

 

“And B.I., I thought she was with you?” Haewon, turning the attention to Hanbin.

 

“Yeah. You told us you got Jennie under your ‘spell’, that’s what you called it right.” Beomseok.

 

“And you didn't even told us about Jisoo. You know what this means right? It’s a big trouble, I’m telling you. If I knew your Jennie’s hanging out with that Jisoo, I won’t even be here.” Daeshim.


 

~~~


 

“It’s funny, you’re the first person to ever ride my car, yet I don’t know your name.” Jisoo chuckled. Breaking the silence that filled her car.

 

“I’m Jennie. I haven’t thanked you enough for what you did. So, again, thank you, Jisoo.” She said while looking at Jisoo who’s busy driving. She saw how her lips formed a smile.

 

“Nice meeting you, Jennie. And you don’t have to thank me. If anything, thank you. I got a pretty date tonight.” Jisoo said before giving Jennie a wink. Which made the latter laughed.

 

God, even her laugh is y, you’re so ing perfect, Jennie.

 

“You know, you can just drop me off here. You don’t need to drive me home.”

 

“Who said i’m driving you home?”

 

Jennie felt her cheeks burning again, burning from shame.

 

Why do you even think she’s driving you home? She never even asked for your address. You’re so stupid.

 

Jisoo turned to Jennie and saw how red she is.

 

You’re so fun to tease.

 

“I’m not driving you home, not yet. Because we’re still on our date. I’m taking you out on a proper date, how a princess like you should be treated.” Jennie smiled at how Jisoo’s treating her. She doesn’t even know her.

 

Why are you so nice to me, Jisoo.

 

“You’re a flirt, huh.”

 

“I didn’t even realized I am, until I met you.”

 

“God, what a line.” Jennie , making Jisoo laugh.

 

Even your laugh is husky, gosh, why is that ?

 

The two just continued talking, knowing each other a little more. Making Jennie forget about that douche of a boyfriend she had an hour ago. Never has she experienced this feeling she’s having with Jisoo now, compared to the months she spent with Hanbin. With Jisoo, everything just seems to fall into place. She knew they’re different kinds of people, with a totally different tastes, and yet she’s never been more ecstatic meeting someone like Jisoo. Like she’s never felt more perfect.


 

~~~


 

“This place is amazing.” Jennie as she scanned the whole area. They’re in the rooftop restaurant of a hotel. She can feel the cold breeze from the open. The night sky above them, the moon and the stars shine brightly as Jisoo saw its reflection in Jennie’s eyes. She got out of her seat and placed her suit over Jennie’s shoulder. She got surprised to the gesture, sending heat off her cheeks.

 

“W-what is this for?”

 

“You’re cold. Wouldn’t want my date to shiver now, would I?” Jisoo confidently told her as she came back to her seat, grabbed the cherry on top of her cake even giving Jennie a wink as soon as she ate the cherry. Jennie saw how y Jisoo is now with just her white polo. She can see how slim she is.

 

Why am I having this kinds of thoughts? Pretty sure I was straight when I woke up this morning. Am I gay now?

 

“But aren’t you gonna be cold?”

 

“Nope. To be honest, I only wear suits like that to put on over y, cold, gorgeous lady, like you.”

 

“Wow, really into this whole smooth talking, huh?” Jennie chuckled.

 

You’re one hell of a confident flirt.

 

“So, tell me Jennie? Have you been enjoying my company?”

 

“Yeah. I mean, this place is awesome. The food is way better than every other restaurant I’ve been to.”

 

“Yeah? Not to mention how charming your date is, huh?” Jisoo added, making Jennie playfully rolls her eyes.

 

“Seriously though, thank you for this, Jisoo. You don’t know how embarrassed I was before you came to my rescue.”

 

“Let me just ask you something, why the hell is your boyfriend on the other table then? Did you like fight or something?”

 

“I don’t even know too. He’s not a douche before. He used to be the nicest guy.”

 

“Well, from the looks of it, he have fallen to a bad company. Those guys he’s with? They’re ing s. So if ever they bother you or anything again, call me.”

 

“Wait, how’d you know them?”

 

“Daeshim and I have a few same subjects. Let’s just say, our classes has never been more chaotic with the both of us just picking on at each other.”

 

“Wait, so we’re schoolmates too? And you’re an engineering student?”

 

“Yeah? How ‘bout you? What are you majoring in?”

 

“Uh, business.”

 

“You don’t seem too happy about it? Not your first choice?”

 

“No. More like, ‘don’t know what I want in my life so let’s just take up business major and deal with the family business in the future’ kind of thing.” Jisoo chuckled at how Jennie explained everything.

 

“C’mon, I want to show you something.” Jisoo grabbed Jennie’s hand and drove them somewhere else.


 

~~~


 

“Beach? Why are we here?” Jennie asked as they are both walking towards the seashore, Jisoo carrying both of their footwear, walking barefoot to feel the tickly sensation from the roughness of sand.

 

“Nothing, I just thought you could use some fresh air.” It’s indeed fresh air, not to mention the tranquility brought by the wind. Jennie took a seat in the sand, not minding the tiny sand particles wedging up to her dress and the dust from it. Jisoo does the same and sat beside Jennie.

 

Enjoying the fresh air totally helped in lightening Jennie’s mood, she's not sure though if it's really the refreshing view or the company she found in Jisoo. Moment of silence filled them both. Not an awkward one, but one where they feel like they both needed stillness to calm their minds, that and the thought of the presence of one another.

 

“Jen, let me ask you this, if I were to drop you from an airplane to a deserted island, and you only have one hobby to--” Jennie cut her off.

 

“Why airplane? In a crash? That’s brutal. Could you at least, send me off using a yacht or something?”

 

“It’s my question, let me finish.” She said while playfully glaring at Jennie.

 

“So, as I was saying, if I were to drop you from my airplane - not a boat, never from a boat - to a deserted island, what hobby would you like to continue doing, besides the basic - eating, pooping, and sleeping, for the rest of your life? And you’re only allowed to do that one hobby.”

 

“Just one hobby?”

 

“Yeah, and I’d totally supply your needs for that one hobby. Like, I’d show up every end of the month to drop off your materials and stuff.” Jennie chuckled.

 

“Any hobby?” Jisoo nodded.

 

“Gosh, it’s hard.” Jennie pointed out. She has this look on her as if she’s really having a hard time choosing.

 

“You know, like, listening to music? I’d come visit you every end of the month with the new released songs from the civilization.” Jisoo tossed out the music idea, making Jennie nod, agreeing with her.

 

“I love music and all, but I think i’m gonna have to go with designing clothes?” Jisoo laughed at her answer.

“So, you’re like, out there designing clothes for yourself? In a deserted island? That’s what you really want?” Jisoo asked her.

 

“Yeah. Why are you even asking me this? Are you even considering dropping me off- oh my god, Jisoo, don’t ing tell me you’re gonna drop me off to an island somewhere near here? Is that why you brought me here? I’m having a date with a psycho.” Jisoo opened wide, acting all surprised that Jennie found out her plan.

 

“How’d you know?” Jennie laughed and hit her shoulder.

 

“Nah, that’s not it. Not tonight, I mean, I didn’t brought my plane.” Jennie just rolled her eyes and shake her head in disbelief, still laughing at how silly Jisoo is.

 

“In all seriousness though, I guess that’s what you should focus on.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I mean, you’re out there alone, only have the chance to do one thing for the rest of your life, and you chose designing. Maybe that’s what you really want to do, like your purpose, Jennie. Or the dream you haven’t realized yet.” Jisoo explained to her, looking directly at Jennie’s eyes. Jennie wasn’t sure if she’s too engrossed looking at the depth of Jisoo’s dark eyes, or to the way she helped her figure out what she really want. She smiled at the thought.

 

“Maybe it is.” Jennie answered, then she leaned her head on Jisoo’s shoulder. They stayed that way for a couple of minutes. Both have been so enthralled by the serenity of the sound the waves bring.

 

“But still, why the hell won’t you ride a boat?” Jennie sitting up, teasing Jisoo.

 

“Because I love airplanes, not boats.”

 

“That’s silly. C’mon tell me.”

 

“Well, I’m afraid I’d die drowning in the ocean. I don’t swim in beaches.”

 

“Why are you so sure that the boat will sink?”

 

“I just don’t trust boats, the way I trust airplanes. Let’s just leave it at that.” Jisoo explained.

 

“Just say you’re a chicken who can’t swim, and go.” Jennie . Jisoo quickly stood up, grabbed a handful of sand and throw it in Jennie’s thighs, running like a child afterwards.

 

“Yah! You are so dead!” Jennie shouted as she runs after Jisoo. They are two young adults, in a suit and a dress, running around the seashore, their laughters heard over the sounds of the crashing waters, not minding all their troubles as if they’re the only two people in the world.