[10]

The Last of the Real Ones

×××××

I'm here in search of your glory;
There's been a million before me.

×××××

 

December 29

 

“Unnie, remind me again why'd you have to celebrate your birthday with Taehyung oppa? I mean it's all fake right? The twin thing?”

 

“Because only privileged people knows when's my real birthday.” Jisoo answered Lisa before chugging her drink down. Jisoo and Taehyung are having their annual birthday bash at Jisoo's unit. Sure inviting lots of people aren't exactly allowed in the rules of the building, but she's friends with the owner's daughter, sooo...

 

“Really?” Chaeng asked.

 

“Really, really. It's just you girls, and some of mine and Tae's buddies.”

 

“So should I feel honoured?” Lisa teasing her.

 

“Of course. Jisoo even let you borrow her car. Which has never happened. She won't even let her twin brother borrow it.” Jisoo rolled her eyes at Taehyung who's angry 'cause of the unfair treatment.

 

“Wow, Lees. Feel free to disregard the whole don't-ever-mention-this-to-Taehyung thing. Thanks a lot.”

 

“Oops.”

 

“C’mon Tae, that was just a one time thing. Hey, I let you use my Pagani last month, remember?” Jisoo reassuring her sulking brother, extending her hand to the latter which he swatted away.

 

“Yes, you let me use that before you ordered me to clean up after Dalgom for a whole week.” He protested.

 

“Wha--? In my defense, Dalgom is my son, so it's your job as his uncle to do that.”

 

“Yes, but it was gross, kind of soggy and moist, god!” The face of the group all turned to grimace at the sudden change of topic.

 

“Ugh, why are talking about feces now.” Lisa scowled at the two.

 

“Oh c'mon bro, are you still mad about that?” Jisoo as she reached out her arm to put over Tae's shoulder, but he avoided it easily.

 

“Don't bro me!” He excused himself from the group. The younger girls just laughed at how cute he was being. Jisoo went to kiss Jennie's cheek and whispered “I'll be back, babe. Enjoy.” She then runs to get Taehyung.

 

“Oh c'mon Taetae! Don't be mad at your cute sister.” They watched as Jisoo playfully chased Tae like they’re children and disappeared into the crowd.

 

“Bunch of kids.” Joon commented with a beer in his hand.

 

“Are they always like that?” Chaeng asked.

 

“Yeah. Ever since, but that's what I love about 'em. They're both so carefree and so innocent.”

 

“Yeah.” They're hanging out by the balcony, Jisoo's friends mingling with Jennie's, which has now become the usual combination. Sure the main reason is because of their relationship, but their friends just clicked too.

 

“Oh my god, you would not believe who I ran into the lobby!” Joy exclaimed the moment she joined her friends.

 

“Who? Your ex?” Lisa guessed.

 

“No! Nayeon! The idol! Oh my god, she's super gorgeous in person!”

 

“Really? That bunny's here?” Jennie responded which made Joy confused by the reaction.

 

“Bunny? You got nicknames? What are you close to her?” Joy asked Jennie.

 

“Oh, right, unnie did a magazine shoot back then with her.” Lisa calmly answered as if it was the most usual thing for Jennie to do.

 

“Wait, are you serious?”

 

“Yeah. Unnie got scouted by lots of agencies when we were in high school. She turned them all down.”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“I don't know. I guess it wasn't really my calling, you know? I remembered I even asked Nayeon for an advice on whether or not I should take the offers.”

 

“And? What did she tell you?” Joy eagerly questioned.

 

“That if you're really not that into it, don't force yourself to do it. She told me that she had to give up lots of things, so you have to make sure that you're a hundred percent certain in pursuing that kind of career. I mean, for one, you have to forget about your privacy, a normal life, time for yourself, but she told me what she hated giving up the most is her heart.”

 

“Her heart?” Chaeng asked.

 

“Yeah. Her love life, I think. It's not only the agency that permits you to do so, but the job alone forbids you to be with someone else. If you're gonna commit, commit to the work, not with a person. So yeah, she had to let go all of that to be an idol. But hey, look at where she is now. She’s well recognized, she deserves it.”

 

“Yeah, so c'mon, she's like the hottest idol right now! Let's go take a picture with Nayeon!” Joy grabbed both Lisa and Chaeng's hands in an attempt to drag them down with her.

 

“Wait, did you say Nayeon? Nayeon's here?” Momo chimed in.

 

“Yeah! In the lobby. Now let's go before she's gone.” Still pulling her younger friends.

 

“We don't have to bring the party downstairs, I invited her.” Momo smugly told Joy with her eyebrows playfully teasing her.

 

“What? You know her too? Am I the only one who's not friends with Nayeon? The Im Nayeon?” Joy whined.

 

“I used to come to her shows and back her up. She's really good. And there she is now. Hey, Nadongie!” They looked at who just found their way through Jisoo's lavish - now almost trashed - living room, being swamped by the crowd who got surprised by her sudden party appearance.

 

“Moguri!” She yelled back at Momo, reaching out to her to ask for some help with the fans. Jihyo and Mina assisted her.

 

“Okay guys, let's clear this out. Limit the pictures and videos of Nayeon here, got it? Let's not alert all her fans from outside that she's here or else they'll come joining the party and we're already jam packed. So yeah, don't let dad kick us all out. Peace.” Jihyo warned them, their invitees are nice enough to give the idol a little space and some privacy to enjoy the party. After some catching up with Momo and their other friends, they led Nayeon to Joy, who's almost passed out from fangirling her ultimate bias.

 

“Jennie? Jennie Kim? Wow, you're here. Hi!” Her eyes widen a bit seeing Jennie there, so she went to hug the familiar face she missed. “Fancy seeing you here? I mean, out of all the places, why here? Why in a college party. I've missed you! We haven't done any shopping since the last time. And when was that? Like 2 years ago?”

 

“I know right. It's nice seeing you too. Look at you now, wow, you're all over the news, the tv shows, billboards. You made it. Congratulations!” Jennie returned the gesture and hugged her back.

 

“Thanks. Haha. How are you?”

 

“I'm good, really good. I'm out partying like this, what more could I ask for.” They chuckled at that, making Nayeon nod in agreement.

 

“Yeah. This is what I missed doing. Sure, I've been to lots of parties around, but that's nothing compared to being with your friends. I'm just glad that once a year, I get to be out like this. Wouldn't even miss this day if they forbid me.” Nayeon stopped for a bit like she figured something. “Hey, this is like a close knit kinda party, which means you're friends with my friends, what a small world.”

 

“Yeah, small world, I know.” Jennie smiled.

 

“Knowing you're studying at that university too, I definitely have more reason to take some classes there.” She excitedly informed Jennie, almost squeezing her arms in anticipation of that happening.

 

“And what? Have us all bothered by the number of press lurking outside waiting for you? Disturbing the peace and quiet of the campus? Interrupting classes? Yeah, do that.” Momo broke into the conversation again, earning a laugh from the two. “Hey, Jen, could I borrow her for a moment?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Catch up later, Jen. I really missed you.”

 

Jennie raised her drink and smiled at her. “Same.”

 

I cannot wait for Jisoo to meet an old friend of mine, now where is my baby?

 

~~~

 

To say that being with Jisoo is easy, is a big fat lie. It's not really because of Jisoo or how she treats Jennie. She treats her like queen, of course. But since the whole school knew about their relationship, some people have been letting her know that they're against it, a text, a phone call in the middle of the night, a chat, even some deadly stares they throw at Jennie whenever she's with Jisoo. She shouldn't care, or she tells herself not to get affected, but she does. She sighs just as she opened her phone and see a familiar hater sends her a text. Her younger friends saw that.

 

“Hater #1?” Lisa asked. They even saved the number on her contacts. This person has been sending texts to Jennie more so than Jisoo texts her.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“What did she tell you this time?” Lisa asked her.

 

“Are we even sure it's a she? I mean that could be a guy.” Chaeng suggested.

 

“Babe, it's a girl. C'mon, no guy's gonna be that obsessive over someone, but then again, it's Jisoo unnie.”

 

“Clearly you're not familiar with how they guys work.”

 

“So are you saying some guy got obsessed with you too?” Lisa questioned her girl.

 

“I don't know?”

 

“Yah, Park Chaeyoung, you tell me when someone's acting all crazy fanatic over you, understand?” Rosie teasingly rolled her eyes over that.

 

“Baby, let's not talk about this now. So unnie, what did this send you now?” They all turned their attention to the phone once more with Jennie opening the message.

 

“It says “it's so nice of you to let Jisoo's ex celebrate her birthday with her” her ex? What the hell?” Her face scowling at the text.

 

“You know what, unnie, it scares me that this person knows a lot about Jisoo. I mean last time, she knew about the whole racing thing, and now this? The ex? C'mon now.” Chaeyoung told the older.

 

“Yeah. I remembered asking Jisoo unnie if she receives texts like these too, she let me scan her messages and it's nothing like yours. Hers is more from flirty girls telling her they're better than you. Not like this unnie, it's like this person knows everything about Jisoo unnie. It's kinda disturbing, don’t yah think?”

 

“You're right, but Jisoo and I have talked about this. Despite all that, I know Jisoo won't ever let us go.” The couple just sighed with her, they all know that's true.

 

“Just don't let an issue like this get to you, okay? Remember with Hanbin? God, why are people so nosy about others’ lives. Why not stick with their own, ya know?”

 

“I know that, Lees.”

 

“But wait, I'm intrigued if the text is true. Who's unnie's ex then? Don't you want to find out? Let's ask Jisoo unnie.” Lisa enthusiastically held Jennie's hand, asking for permission.

 

“Wow, babe, talk about being nosy.”

 

“Oh c'mon. Am I the only one who wanna know? Look, there's Taehyung oppa, let's go ask.” She pointed her index to Taehyung who's across the room mingling with the visitors.

 

“Babe, that's Jisoo unnie's brother. How are you so sure that he'll be telling the truth?”

 

“Just don't ask if the ex is here, ask why the ex is here. Act as if you already know who.” Lisa waved her hands to Taehyung on the other end of the balcony. Soon enough, he's walking towards them.

 

“If you're looking for Jisoo, I think she went outside to get some more ice and drinks with Joon.”

 

“Oh, okay. But that's not it. We're not looking for unnie.” Lisa blatantly told him, then nudged at Jennie to continue.

 

“Tae, is it-- why is Jisoo's ex here?” They watched as Taehyung got startled by the question.

 

“Uh Nayeon?” Lisa prevented her eyes from growing wide by the slip of information, she nodded her head to signal Taehyung to continue. “You don't have to worry a thing, Jen. They broke up years ago and…” He stopped when he realized the other girls still look dumbfounded hearing the name. “...and you didn't know Nayeon's the ex until I told you. Oh , Jisoo's gonna kill me.”

 

“Wow, Jisoo unnie dated the most sought out idol right now, really?” Chaeyoung reacted, still couldn't believe of what she just heard.

 

“Look, it's not my place to tell you their whole past love story - keyword is past. But I guarantee you, Jen, Nayeon being here is no problem at all. Before they even became a thing, she was best friends with Jisoo and Mina, all three of them, junior year.” He explained, hoping it would help with how Jennie's feeling.

 

“Okay, thank you for the intel, oppa. I will gladly tell Jisoo unnie that you're the one who told Jen about her ex. Bye.” Lisa playfully pushed him back to where they first saw him.

 

“Oh c'mon.” He protested, but allowed the younger to send him back.

 

“See? You don't have to worry, unnie. It's all in the past now.” Chae trying to comfort her, Jennie smiled at that.

 

Jennie tried so hard not to be bothered, but she failed. She excused herself from her friends to get some drinks. That's not really her plan, but she needed some alone time to think. She locked herself in their room to relax a bit. Her friends might think Nayeon's not a threat to her relationship with Jisoo, but she knows something that makes her afraid of their past. Nayeon told her that she only loved one person before she became an idol, the love of her young life that she had to leave behind, and now that she thinks about it, she's sure it was Jisoo, her Jisoo.

 

~~~

 

When Jennie came out the room, she bumped into the last person she’d want to talk to right now.

 

“There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you.” She tapped Jennie's arm. “I have to tell you something since you know Jisoo. Remember that story from years ago? The one with my ex-- wait a minute.” She stopped when she realized where Jennie just came out. “What are you doing in there? In Jisoo's room? , don't tell me you're the..”

 

“Yep.” She awkwardly nodded. “And you're the ex.”

 

“Wow. I did not see that coming.” Nayeon chuckled at that which lightened the tension a bit.

 

“I know.”

 

“I cannot believe this.” Jennie did not like her tone. “You're Jisoo's girlfriend, really?” Not at all. Nayeon noticed the frown on her face. “, that sounded wrong. I didn't mean it like that. I'm just surprised. Sorry.” Before she could even say something back, someone hugged her from behind.

 

“Baby! Hi.” Jisoo kissed her cheek, she then turned to look at the girl in front of them. “Nayeon? You're here?” Jennie didn't like how excited Jisoo became when she saw Nayeon, but what she hated more was when Jisoo had to let her go to hug the other girl.

 

“Of course I wouldn’t miss this. Advance happy birthday, Chu.” She whispered to Jisoo, but loud enough for the three of 'em to hear.

 

So she knew about the secret too. Jennie mentally facepalmed at her own thoughts. Of course, they have history together.

 

“Oh. I'd love for you to meet my girlfriend. Nadongie, this is my Jennie. She's gorgeous, isn't it?” Jisoo went back to Jennie's side and had an arm over her, proudly showing off her girl. “And baby, this is Nayeon…” Jennie waited for Jisoo to continue on how would she label her, as a friend? As a girl from the past? Her lips curved into a smile when she heard the assurance she needed, that Jisoo's not keeping a part of her past from her. “... one of my best friends, and an ex girlfriend. Hope that's not gonna be a problem, babe.” Jisoo whispered that last sentence to her and flashed Jennie a cheeky smile that's enough for Jennie to stop worrying over.

 

“Actually, we know each other, Chu. Your Jennie here, was about to be an idol when we first met.”

 

“Really? I'm not at all surprised, she's super talented.” Jisoo kissed Jennie's cheek, not minding the pair of eyes watching in front of them. “I'm thankful that she didn't pursue that though, because I wouldn't be the happiest gay right now if I didn't meet Jenjen.”

 

“I'm so happy for you, Jis. You look good together.” Nayeon genuinely smiled at them, which didn't go unnoticed by Jennie. She felt relieved knowing Nayeon's not really a threat to them. She's not the kind of ex girlfriend she thought she'd be. She's lucky. Still, screw that hater #1. The couple gave back their sweet smiles.

 

“Where have you been?”

 

“We ran out of ice, I drove the guys to the market.” It's not even five minutes since they've seen each other again, but Joon came up to get Jisoo once more.

 

“Sorry, now we got a keg emergency. Let's go, Jis.” He asked and continued to walk towards the elevator.

 

“I'll see you again, 'kay. I love you, Jen.” She kissed her on the lips before turning to Nayeon. “It's nice to have you here, Nadongie. Enjoy the party.” She bids goodbye to both girls.

 

“Baby, don't drive this time, okay? You’re not drunk yet, I know. I'm just making sure.” Jisoo smiled and nodded at that before joining Joon in the elevator.

 

“Jen, I'm so sorry about my reaction from before. That's not what I meant when I couldn't believe you and Jisoo are together.” Nayeon opened up the moment Jisoo's not in sight.

 

“It's fine, Nayeon.”

 

“So, how long have you been together?”

 

“Not long, we've been going out for about two months now, I think?”

 

“Huh, when did you meet Jisoo?”

 

“October, why?”

 

“And she's been showing interest at you since then?”

 

“I'm not sure, you know Jisoo, she's a flirt.” Jennie joked. “But when she took me to the skies, I guess that's when I knew she's different than the rest of them.” She smiled reminiscing the time Jisoo piloted their plane.

 

“Really? She did that? Wow, my Jisoo's all grown up driving a plane.” Jennie didn't like the sound of that. “Oh no, not my Jisoo, she's yours. I meant, she's far from the Jisoo I met before. Jen, I didn't mean to sound like--”

 

Jennie chuckled at how she rambled on. “I know what you meant.”

 

“So, how do you manage Jisoo's fan base?” Nayeon asked her. “You know? Those es judging you with their death stares, not to mention those with filthy mouths. I swear to god, one of them trashed my locker and had filled it with cockroaches, god, evil es.” They shared a good laugh at Nayeon's story. “And Mia, that .” Jennie nodded her head aggressively hearing that familiar name, having her own memory of how she dealt with that girl. “Fun times.”

 

“Has it always been this hard?” Jennie asked as soon as they dialed down the laughter.

 

“I guess so, if you let it get to you. I don't know how's Jisoo now because we barely talk these days, but back then, even when she had a bit of a reputation, people are so into her, get me? Like they had a soft spot for bad girl Jisoo. She had captivated almost everyone in school. It was so difficult dealing with them.”

 

“Yeah.” Jennie wasn't sure how should she react because that's exactly what's happening with them now. People meddling with their relationship, it's bad enough that she had to argue almost every day with her granddad about being with Jisoo on the phone, what more when you see strangers in the university throwing daggers eyes at you.

 

“They were so annoying and very dedicated in tearing us apart that they used every girl Jisoo has been with against me, you know? Every time she had to be with someone else, like a teammate, a classmate, even to strangers she had small talk with, even some teachers for ’s sake, they reported it to me. Saying Jisoo was so done with us, she was cheating, two timing me and stuff. I bet they do that with you too, huh?” Having your girlfriend's ex girlfriend telling you stories of their relationship sure is weird and annoying, but hearing Nayeon talk about the same problem she's dealing with right now is comfort for Jennie.

 

“I guess that's the reason why I couldn't believe at first that she already found someone new. No offense, Jen, but I didn't think someone like you are able to deal with that. Having that kind of tolerance for interfering es is one hell of a trait, let's cheers to that.” Jennie chuckled while holding up her drink to clink against Nayeon's.

 

“When we broke up, I watched over Jisoo from afar. I was having a hard time training at that time, but hearing news about Jisoo was enough for me to get through the tough times. I had to watch her flirt with lots of girls, but no one had the true grit to handle all the drama, not to mention how hard it was dealing with Jisoo alone.” Jennie nodded at that, Jisoo sure was and still is stubborn. “The closest contender was Mina.” Jennie kept quiet at that, nervous about what kind of story regarding Mina is about to unfold. She watched as Nayeon finished her drink before continuing the story. “They slept together, Mina told me that. She was sorry, she was the one to always update me about Jisoo's escapades and then she became one. Props to Minari though, she still delivered the news, it's so nice of her.” She smiled at her own story.

 

Jennie on the other hand, is still processing the story. They haven't talked about this yet, and she was sure Jisoo made it clear that Mina is just a best friend, nothing more and nothing less. But then again, Jisoo also treats Nayeon now as her best friend after being together Junior year.

 

The .

 

“She told me it was just a drunken night. They talked about their relationship too, if I remembered correctly, but they did not pursue it. So yeah, I was surprised when I heard about you because I thought the only girl that could handle her after me was Mina. And if Mina wasn't enough, who would be? But here you are. I like you for her, Jennie. Yeah, she's too much to deal with at times, but she'll surely topped that with affection.” The conversation started by an ex having a blast from the past, ending to a girl looking after her best friend. Jennie liked how Nayeon still cared for Jisoo, and how she had approved of their relationship, but it bothered her that she found out about Nayeon from Taehyung, and about Mina from Nayeon. She was dragged back away from her thoughts when she felt her phone vibrated from her back pocket.

 

“I'll go get me some drink, do you want one?” Nayeon offered which she politely declined.

 

“I'm good, Nayeon. Thanks.”

 

“It was nice talking to you, Jen. Just remember to ignore those around, and if they ever bothered you to the extent you can't contain it anymore, a punch in the face sure sounds good.” Nayeon winked at that before walking towards the mini bar, making Jennie laugh.

 

She was happy for a moment, letting her worries go for a short while. That is until she grabbed her phone, and there it was again. A not so friendly text from the same old hater. “Girlfriends demoted to just best friends? You're next, Jennie Kim. I wonder how many best friends Jisoo have?

 

this. And now she's pissed again.


 

~~~

 

“What the hell?” Jisoo found Jennie doing some shots in the living room, their friends hyping her up too.

 

“Don't worry, unnie! She's not drunk yet, she's 7/20. Okay, 8/20” Lisa told her, counting the tequila shots Jennie made.

 

“Baby, you're not a fan of shots?” Jisoo made her way to stop Jennie, holding her hand from drinking her 9th.

 

“Aw, don't be a killjoy, babe. It's your ing birthday.” Jennie smiled at her, but something felt off for Jisoo. Jennie wouldn't drink like this without her.

 

“C'mon, Jen. You've had enough.” She held her hand and they walked away from their friends, not minding the protests of her girlfriend and the disappointed crowd they left behind.

 

“Are you okay?” Jisoo had dragged Jennie towards their room. “You hate tequila, what’s up, baby?”

 

“Where were you?” Jennie asked since she saw Joon came back half an hour ago without Jisoo.

 

“I was in the lobby, I had to call someone and it was so loud in here.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Soojoo, I asked if she's on her way here.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I invited her?” Jisoo's getting confused with the questioning.

 

“Why?” She asked again.

 

“Why, why? She's my best friend, babe. She should be here.” Jennie rolled her eyes at that, and even gave Jisoo her unamused scoff. As if hearing the word best friend had flipped a switch inside her mind.

 

“Was that the problem, Jennie? You don't want to meet my best friend?”

 

“Tell me, how many more best friends are you keeping from me?” Jisoo couldn't understand Jennie.

 

“What? You're not like this before I go? You seem a little off since I last saw you, since Nayeon, had she said something?”

 

“I guess that's the problem.” Jennie sarcastically laughed at Jisoo.

 

“What problem?”

 

“I always have to find out things about you from someone else. You dated Nayeon, even Mina? Really? I let you have fun with your best friends without knowing you actually had slept with them? Really, Jisoo? So this Soojoo girl, when did you slept with her? Tell me, tell me now before I come back there and hear it from someone else.”

 

Jisoo got surprised by the sudden mention of the girls' names. “Jennie, that was ages ago. Soojoo and I never  dated or slept together. And as for Mina, I didn't really sleep with her, we were just drunk that we kissed, but so drunk that we fell asleep on top of each other after that kiss, nothing even happened.”

 

“So what? Thanks to the alcohol, then?”

 

“What are you being so mad about? To be honest, if it wasn't for that kiss, we wouldn't figure out that we're not actually made for each other. Jen, that kiss was like a test, you know? To see if we're both so good together that we'll eventually work the relationship out, but we weren't, okay? Mina and I have totally forgotten that because it's not a big deal.” Jisoo grabbed Jennie's hand. “She's happy with Chaeng, I'm very much happy with you. There's nothing to worry about.” Jennie almost believed in that, but then she took back her hand.

 

“No, Jisoo, that's not the point. The point is, you never tell me things. Sure, I haven't ask you about your past, but be courteous enough to give your girlfriend a head's up when an ex girlfriend is around. I looked like a fool when I found out about Nayeon, and a complete idiot when I heard about you and Mina. That's ing embarrassing, you know? That I had to hear that from someone else and not from you.” Jennie turned her back from Jisoo, which the latter used as a chance to hug her from behind.

 

“I'm sorry, Jen. I didn't tell you because to be honest, I really thought there's nothing to tell about, that they shouldn't matter to our relationship.”

 

She got out from the embrace and slapped her hands away. She faced Jisoo now. “But it does matter, Jisoo. You got me here thinking that those people you consider your best friends now, had a past with you, you know? And what if that's the end point for us too? What if we won't work out and we break up to just be best friends, like you with Nayeon and Mina? What if that's the case, huh, Jisoo? What then?”

 

Jisoo understood the concerns Jennie's worrying over now. She tucked some of Jennie’s hair behind her ear, stared longingly at her before holding her hands. “We won't. You're different, Jennie. We're different. I don't see an end point for us because I will never, ever leave you. I love you, baby. And if we get to have an end point, that would be me being proud of how our children have grown, as I watch the sunset on the porch waiting for a peaceful death in a beach house I bought when I married you.” A tear escaped in Jennie's eyes just as a smile break out from her lips. It wasn't because of the whole emotional whirlwind she's been through the last hours, but at the thought of Jisoo talking about her future with her. Jisoo used her thumb to wipe that tear and her now warm hand, cupping that side of Jennie's face. She just let the warmth of Jisoo's touch, feel her cold cheeks.

 

“What I had with Nayeon is the kind of love you won't forget because it was your first. When we kissed, all that was in my head were the words “should I put my tongue in now?”” They both chuckled at that. She loves how Jisoo comforts her with words, not that it's funny, but because she feels it's genuine.

 

“When my lips touched Mina, I smiled because tasted a cheap liquor we shoplifted right after school, and yes, I'm a felon at the very young age, you're in for a big treat.” Jisoo used a finger from her other  hand to teasingly poke the tip of Jennie's nose. “I thought of her as nothing more than a friend.” She used both of her palms now to hold each side of Jennie's perfect face.

 

“But when our lips collided the first time, it was all fireworks and music, well, we did kiss under the fireworks, listening to rave music.” She paused a bit to admire the way Jennie's nose crunched, showing her enchanting gummy smile.

 

“But that's what I felt too. I felt like a firecracker ready to burst the moment you let me in, Jennie. You made me feel things that I haven't felt before, the kind of things that makes me want to puke rainbows and shining glittery s, kinda like fireworks. I remember you as music, but not only because I can't live without you, but you were like a melody that matched the rhythm of my heart that's beating for only you.” She closed the gap between them to allow her lips to taste Jennie's. Jisoo let their foreheads touched after the kiss, staring lovingly at each other, both grinning from how perfect their lips feel when locked all together.

 

“And what? A thousand kisses after and I'm still feeling that ing fireworks and music when my lips connect with yours. I love you so damn much, Jennie Kim.” As soon as the last word of how Jisoo told her overpowering love for Jennie, they found their lips interlocked in yet again another deep and hungry kiss, but this one's the kind of touch that makes their surroundings vanish, that it’s just two of them now, feeling each other and craving for more. The kind of sensation that lets them think everything will be okay as long as they have each other. And it sure is, because this is the kind of love that's utterly chaotic enough to let them be lost in their own world, making the real one non existent.

 

~~~

 

January 3

 

“You have a ing airstrip here?” The girls were greatly pleased to be invited by Jisoo's parents to their own estate for a simple birthday dinner for Jisoo. They spent the whole day hanging out with the whole squad, Jisoo's and Tae's friends, and now they even get to share a more intimate celebration with the Kims.

 

“Of course, how will we get to fly the jet?” Tae bragged from the shotgun of Jisoo's pick up truck. The three younger girls settled in the back seat.

 

“You have a jet here?” Lisa's eyes widen as soon as they got a clear view of the mansion with two aircrafts just sitting upfront.

 

“That's dad's ride to work, and the big one was the first aircraft our company ever designed. Kind of a reminder of how the business started.” Jisoo explained.

 

“These are all yours?” Lisa was amused by the parade of luxury cars parked right outside.

 

“Yes.”

 

“But oppa, if you have this much, why borrow to unnie?

 

“‘Coz, Lisa, he got into an accident before and wrecked the Bugatti. He got a phobia of scratching his cars, hence, the display, and hence, the reason why I do not let him borrow all the time. He's the worst driver.”

 

“You're rude, sis.”

 

“Where are your rides, unnie?”

 

“Oh, I don't keep 'em here. But I do have one parked right, there.” Jisoo pointed out from the window to Tae's side, the helicopter proudly shown off at the top of the house, positioned at the helipad, being one of the highlights of the jaw dropping exterior of the mansion.

 

“Holy . You can drive that? Can I ride with you, unnie? Let's drive around the city.” Jisoo teasingly scoffed at that. They stopped because they reached the front door, and they excitedly exited from the car to have a clearer view of what's in front.

 

“C'mon, I want to experience being Anastasia or something.” Lisa begged again, as the three visitors admired the Kim residence.

 

“So, now I'm your Christian Grey? All the more reasons not to fly with you, Lees.”

 

“Yeah, and don't you think the girlfriend get to be the first one to ride the helicopter?” Jennie chimed in, tugging the hem of Jisoo's button down blouse.

 

“How about we all get our turn after dinner?” A man interjected.

 

“Appa!” Both Taehyung and Jisoo run over to hug the old man.

 

“Wow, it's nice to finally meet your dongsaengs, Jisoo. They're all so pretty.” A woman came from behind Taewook. The girls smiled at the compliment. “How about my favorite daughter giving me a hug?” She told them just as she opened her arms for Jennie, which the latter politely accepted.

 

“You replaced me? I am hurt, mother.” Jisoo as she kissed her mom on the cheek.

 

“Well, if you joined me, Jane, and Jennie the last time, you're about neck and neck fighting Jennie at number one.” Jisoo smiled at that, she loved that her mom spent some bonding time with Jennie and her mom.

 

“Shopping? Always count me out, mom.”

 

“Your loss, Jis. Isn't that right, mom?” Jennie, making fun of her.

 

“Yes, my favorite girl.” Her mom too, even putting an arm over Jennie. They just chuckled at how Jisoo rolled her eyes to them.

 

“Okay, let's get inside so I could prepare our dinner, while you girls could get yourself comfortable around.” Her mom hospitably invited them inside, even slightly squeezing the hands of Lisa and Chaeyoung. “Jisoo told me so much about you.”

 

The visitors found themselves laughing at some stories of Jaehwa, Taehyung's mom, while her kids looked embarrassed. She's now holding the kindergarten class picture of Taehyung and Jisoo, it was the wacky pic of 20 little girls and boys, the two settled in tightly hugging each other. “So, this picture is proof of how long they've known each other. They were oh so cute and innocent 4 year olds. And look at what you've become now, both a pain in the .”

 

“Mom!” They protested.

 

“Honey, tell the story of how they became friends.” Taewook suggested, making Jisoo frown. The other girls are happily watching how silly the Kims are.

 

“Oh, god, no. You two should stop!”

 

“But we wanna hear, oppa!” Lisa disagreed, enjoying teasing Taehyung.

 

“Oh, I'll tell you, dear, don't worry.” She winked at Lisa before continuing her story, Taehyung just sighed in defeat as Jisoo buried herself in the crook of Jennie's neck. “Their teacher called me after class to tell me the story, it happened one month into their first schooling. She told me Taehyung was having a hard time talking with a girl in class. Apparently this girl..” Jaehwa eyeing Jisoo, giving hint to her listeners who's she talking about. “... wanted to be friends with everybody.”

 

“Jisoo unnie? Jisoo unnie being all so friendly?” Chaeyoung making fun of her too, which is why she got a death stare from the older.

 

“So it appears that Taehyung was the only one left that hasn't played with Jisoo yet. Their teacher told me that based on her observation, Jisoo did everything she can for Taehyung to talk to her, then seemingly, Jisoo got tired from all the silent treatment Tae had given her. One break time from class, she just stood up in front of him, and deadass yelled “why won't you talk to me!” And before it got out of hand, their teacher walked over to help them settle things, but Taehyung here, he yelled back to answer “You’re just so cute, I think I love you!” And yeah, Jisoo punched him out.” The group, except the two, erupted in laughters. Taehyung's face flushed in crimson red.

 

“Wow, unnie, you really do have a knack for punching guys at school hahahaha.” Lisa commented before turning her attention to Taehyung. “And oppa, you got hit by a girl? What a loser.” Lisa shared a high five with Taewook.

 

“Jisoo is really strong, okay? Shut up, Manobal.” He fought back.

 

“Hey! It's Manoban.”

 

“Manobal!”

 

“Whatevs, you still got punched by a girl hahahaha and you hit on Jisoo unnie. You've made it on Jennie unnie's list.” She clapped back.

 

“Don't worry, Tae. For you I'll make an exception, just tell me you're not crushing on my Jisoo anymore.” Jennie joining in the teasing party. He just buried his face on the pillow while they ridiculed him.

 

“The story's not over.” Taewook as he recovered from the laughter.

 

“Oh, dad. C'mon!” Jisoo whined.

 

“So, the next day, little Jisoo surprised everyone by showing to class with her face missing the left eyebrow.”

 

“Oh my god, you did not?!” Chaeyoung looked at her.

 

“What? I was 4. I'm allowed to be stupid.” Jisoo defended herself, she got a sorry kiss from Jennie.

 

“Why, though?”

 

She rolled her eyes and sighed before telling the reason. “I really did wanna be friends with Taehyung, so I shaved one of my eyebrows so he wouldn't love me anymore.” They stopped making fun of them for a moment because of how sweet that was.

 

“Chu asked me if I still find her cute, I just shook my head no because it was creepy seeing her like that. She hugged me and finally told me “sweet, now we can be best friends.”” Taehyung smiled remembering how that went well.

 

“And here you both are, best friends since then.” Taewook patted both of the heads of his kids.

 

“I must say, that is one hell of an adorable story.” Lisa added, making the others nod in agreement.

 

“Now, honey, tell us the story about how they almost got expelled from setting up a huge slip 'n slide in their hallway in middle school.” Taewook proposed again making the girls excited at what's to come.

 

~~~

 

Taehyung showed the whole place to Lisa and Rosie, while his parents went to the kitchen to prepare the foods, leaving Jisoo and Jennie alone in the living room.

 

“When was this?” Jennie asked as she shows a picture of the Kims to Jisoo, whose head is lying in her lap. That's what they were doing, scanning old photos from before.

 

Jisoo grabbed the photo and smiled as she remembered the story about it. “This was taken during my 13th birthday. The first birthday since my parents left.” Jennie watched as Jisoo's soft smile became bittersweet. That was the first time in their relationship Jisoo ever mentioned her parents, her real parents. “Since I was little, every year during my birthdays, I never got to have a decent picture after the candle blowing. We always celebrate it just us, no friends, no other people, just family. I liked it, though. I never wanted to share my mom's cooking to other people, babe, it was the best.” Jennie smiled hearing her share, she played with Jisoo's hair while listening to her.

 

“My mom would always bake the cake. Always a chocolate cake because that's my favorite. I swear no famous pastry chef would top hers. So yeah, I always hated that every birthday, the moment I blew the candle, they would smash the cake in my face. It was gross and messy. It wasn't fun, not at all.” Jennie chuckled at how she pictured Jisoo frowning from having icing all over her face.

 

“I mean, why? Why waste the best cake ever baked by shoving it right in my pretty face? I never really liked that ritual, it was stupid for me, but then after we all run around the table to get everyone dirty, my dad would bring out a bigger and a chocolatier cake to share. Apparently, my mom knew about my 6th birthday, how I got disappointed that I never got to savor my cake properly, so she made sure that the following years after that, she'll bake two chocolate cakes. One for my face and one for our tummies.” Jennie loved how Jisoo's eyes glisten while telling the story.

 

“It's not like I didn't try to escape and skip that cake in the face tradition. I tried so hard, but they've always won. I always hated that until the first time I missed it, my 13th birthday. I always hated how they laughed at me when I'm all covered up in icing until they were no longer here to laugh at me, let alone be here for my birthday.” This was the first time Jisoo allowed Jennie to see this side of her, the longing Jisoo. “I miss my mom, babe. I miss her so much. I miss my family.”

 

“I know, Chu.”

 

“But you know, I'm grateful my mom and dad now took me in. They never gave me the chance to feel left out and alone. They love me as if I was their own. I'm grateful to Taehyung because even he - made lots of sacrifices for me, for one having to let go of his only child privileges, his own birthday celebration, and he had to share his parents with me. I'm grateful to my friends because of our endless, spontaneous, a little bit wild-- okay, maybe dangerous adventures, but it filled the void and they became the third family for me.” Jisoo sat up to level with her and held Jennie's hands. “I'm grateful to you because you made my life better by just being in it.” Jennie blushed at what she heard, Jisoo smiled at the sight. “I'm serious, babe. I'm not really a believer, but I'm blessed. I ran out of words how to describe how thankful I am that I met you, but yeah, I'm blessed. You haven't realized it yet, but you made me stop wanting to join my mom.”

 

Jennie's taken aback by the admission. “Jisoo-”

 

“No, it's true. I mean, I'm not positive that I'm going up there, but you get the point. I know it was stupid because I've got great things, I got a good life, I can have everything I want, it's what most people wish for and work for their whole lives. I have no right to be sad, but I am - I was. I just want the pain to stop even when I’m not sure where all the hurt is coming from. I'm wounded, but I can't remember where I got hit. Or maybe I've been damaged too much that I got numb. I stopped caring about what people think of me, so I did all the terrible things you could imagine a high school girl would do. It's exhausting living up the perfect kind of person they wanted you to be, so I did my worst to see who was really there for me.” Jennie stayed silent at that, not really knowing how to react.

 

“When you met me, I bet everyone warned you about me. How worst I am, how ed up, because I am, babe. That's me, I'm damaged goods, and yet you took me in. Baby when I met you, you made me want to be a better person. I'm serious when I told you you made me not want to be with my mom, because I'd choose celebrating all of my next birthdays with you than to celebrate it with her, no matter how much I badly want to taste her chocolate cake again. I love you, baby.” Jennie didn't waste any second, she grabbed Jisoo's body and gave her her most warm and protective hug, that's all she wants to do to Jisoo right now, protect her and make her feel loved.

 

It made Jennie think of what she did right in her life to experience this kind of love. “I love you more, Jisoo. I couldn't wait to celebrate all your next birthdays together, not just that, but I can't wait to live my next years with you, all of my next years.” Little did she know, that's what's running on Jisoo's mind too, all of the horrible things she did in the past and here she is, being hugged by the most loving person in the world.

 

“Hug time without us? Not cool, sis.” Their friends interrupted their moment.

 

“Let's continue the cuddling later, auntie already had the food set up. Let's eat!”

 

All of the kids enjoyed all the foods prepared by Jaehwa. “Uh, this is so good, auntie.” Lisa as she munches her food.

 

“Thank you, Lisa. You know, coming from you felt like it's true. I mean, your dad is like the best chef around Asia. So, Chaeyoung, have you tried Lisa's cooking? Was it as good as her dad?” Both Jennie and Chaeyoung almost choked at that.

 

“Oh no, auntie. She tried, but it was nothing like her father's.”

 

“Yes, we actually forbid her from trying again. One of her failed attempts of cooking an egg before, triggered the fire alarm of our unit. It was a disaster.” Jennie added, making them laugh at Lisa's cooking.

 

Chaeyoung was wiping off some sauce on Lisa's face, while Jennie was busy feeding Jisoo with some beef. Taewook nudged at his son who was busy devouring his food. “Look Tae, that's the reason why you get girlfriends.” Taehyung just rolled his eyes at him, not minding the teasing looks Jisoo and Lisa was giving him.

 

“Appa, it's not like I'm rushing to be in love or something, it's just no one catches my attention, like I want someone who wou---”

 

“Oh, Soojoo just sent me the video I asked for!” Jaehwa interrupted him.

 

“What?”

 

“Well, I heard she hadn't visited you yet, so I asked for a video greeting. C'mon, let's watch.” Jaehwa placed her ipad in the center of the table so that everyone could watch, seconds after she clicked the attached video, they all could see is a beautiful girl smiling brightly in the background.

 

Hello eomma, sorry I sent this late, but here goes. Sweetums! Happy birthday! I'm sorry I couldn't visit you yet, but you know how much I wanna be there. I was supposed to be there the 29th, but yeah something happened. Anyways, is Taehyung with you?” They all looked to see Taehyung blushed a little at the mention of his name. “Belated happy birthday to you, Taehyung. I can't wait to go back there. Jisoo, I'll send you the other half of my birthday wishes because I'm already running late to class. I miss you, Ji! We have a lot of catching up to do, starting from your new friends and your girlfriend, Jennie, was it? So yeah, I can't wait to tell her about how bad are you.” She laughed a little at her own joke. “No, but seriously, I miss you, sweetums. Happy birthday again! I love you! Talk soon!” She flashed her sweetest smile once more before giving a flying kiss and waving goodbye to the camera.

 

“That's Soojoo? She's really pretty, unnie.” Chaeyoung turned her attention to Jisoo.

 

“Yeah. She really is. And she's super nice too.” Taehyung added.

 

“But Tae, I thought you're not close with her?” Jennie asked.

 

“He's not, babe. Whenever Soojoo's around, he suddenly becomes blank. Like he couldn't talk to her. There was the first time when I left Soojoo and  Taehyung in the car, I had to buy something, and Soojoo thought Taehyung was deaf because not once did he answered her.”

 

“I wonder why that story's so familiar, oh, I know, kindergarten flashback! Oppa, you have a crush on Jisoo unnie's friend! Ha! Gotcha!” Lisa , making him blush, but he tries his best to deny it.

 

“What? No! I don't! Shut up!” He threw his table napkin to Lisa.

 

Jaehwa came back with a cake in her hand. “Okay kids, pause the teasing for a bit. It's cake time.” Taewook lit up the long single purple candle in Jisoo's cake and then they started singing her a happy birthday.

 

“~~Happy birthday, Jisoo! Woooh!” They cheered after their song.

 

“Close your eyes, unnie. Make a wish.” Truth be told, she doesn't have anything to wish for. Well, she already has everything. She glanced at her new family, Taewook side hugging Jaehwa, looking at her like the proud parents they are. Taehyung’s holding the camera as he captures the moment, he's not one to tell Jisoo how much he loves her, but they both know that. Lisa's helping Chae with the tissue because her tears are about to fall out, yeah, she's soft like that, they're like the baby sisters Jisoo never had. And Jennie, well, she's holding Jisoo's hand in hers, with the most adoring look she only gives to Jisoo.

 

Jisoo closed her eyes, taking in the moment. She didn't wish for anything, she knows that whoever's up there, is doing a good job at sending her the best angels the world has ever received. She smiled unconsciously thinking about it.

 

Thank you, mom.

 

~~~

 

It bothers Jennie, the thought of her having lots of things yet to figure out with Jisoo totally agitated her extremely. She follows the concept of relationships, understanding each other bit by bit, discovering new stories about your partner day by day, but the last revelations Jennie found about Jisoo's girl friends the last year, threw her off. It's making her worry. She doesn't want to push Jisoo in telling everything about her past before Jennie, but it terrifies her. And that hater , who keeps on texting her things, prompted it all.

 

They knew about the racing, they knew about the vices, they knew about the ex girlfriends, and who's to say they're not right about Irene? Yes, somewhere along the non stop texting, Irene got tied in it too. Are there any more secrets left to unfold? Is she even ready when that happens?

 

What if her secrets are big enough to kill our relationship? What if she's really cheating on me?

 

Classes have not started again, but they were all so busy preparing for the new semester. Jisoo training for their upcoming collegiate league, she plays basketball. Jennie with her organization, prepping for the new projects they planned on doing. Jennie kept herself busy to not think much about stuff, but the texts just keeps coming too. What's ing Jennie up is that she started doubting Jisoo too, she's taking notice in everything she does.

 

Exhibit A: “Have you been in the same room with Jisoo and Irene?

 

“Are you sure you want to go? We're just gonna watch a movie.” Jennie asked Jisoo. They're hanging out in Jennie's unit with Lisa and Chaeyoung, just a Sunday lazy afternoon for the couples.

 

“Movie? Alright, I guess I should stay in.” Jennie smiled at her, she knows Jisoo couldn't resist an offer to have a cuddle time with her. There was a knock on the door, and Lisa was the one who got to her feet. They heard footsteps coming in, and soon enough, Lisa came back with Irene and Seulgi closed behind.

 

“I forgot to tell you I invited our unnies too, I know no one will mind.”

 

“Oh, I'm sorry, babe. I forgot Taehyung asked me to come by at his house with Dalgomie.” They all turned their attention to her.

 

Jennie pouted at that. “Okay, I guess you're gonna have to go. I'll miss you, Chichu.”

 

Jisoo leaned in and kissed her goodbye. “I'll call you tonight, I promise. I love you.”

 

That was the first time Jisoo ever ditched her when Irene's around. She didn't mind it before, but the last few times, Jennie was the one to even initiate an unplanned and supposedly spontaneous hang out, hoping to ever see an interaction between the two. But Jisoo always had her reasons to go. A basketball practice, Taehyung, Dalgom, her dad's office, and hundred more excuses  to get out of there.

 

She's starting to doubt Jisoo.

 

Exhibit B: "Jisoo's missing today, huh. And so is Irene. 🤔 What a coincidence."

 

Jennie's not the kind of girlfriend to always ask about the whereabouts of the other. She respects that they should have boundaries on how they spend their own personal hours. Now she doesn't only wonders what Jisoo's doing, but she wonders who is Jisoo doing too during her personal time. It's not healthy for relationships to keep things like these from each other, but Jennie wanted to observe more. She hated the fact that every text sent to her was having this much control over her relationship with Jisoo.

 

She ran into Chaeyoung who just finished their cheerleading practice. “Chaeyoungie!”

 

“Unnie, you're here! Hello. You done with your meeting?”

 

“Yes. How's practice?” They went on their way towards the parking lot to get home.

 

“It was tough, a senior bossed us around. It's always like that when cap's not around.” Rosie ranted about her training, Jennie on the other hand, was stuck by the fact that it is indeed true that Irene's nowhere in the university too. So she tried fishing for more information.

 

“Irene unnie was absent? I don't take her for a captain who would miss a training around?”

 

“Yes, she was actually here before training started, she was busy on her phone the whole time, then she talked to coach about something and bolted out. I guess she's with Seulgi unnie.”

 

“Why would you think that?”

 

“She's all giddy and smiley texting someone, and I'm like that when I talk to Lisa, so I figured it was because of Seulgi unnie.” Jennie just nod at that, maybe she's just stressing herself over nothing. “How 'bout you unnie, where's your other half?” Rosie asked her.

 

“Oh, she's just hanging out. It's their free day today, so no practice.” Jisoo texted her that she's with Mina.

 

They both decided to visit Lisa in their building to see if she's ready to go home too. Jennie's mind was back on full suspecting mood when she saw both Seulgi and Mina practicing a dance with Lisa and their other friends. Why would Jisoo even lie about being with Mina?

 

“Oh hey guys, it's so nice of you to come by.” Mina told them after they announced a short break to catch up with their visitors.

 

“You all look like hell, have you been practicing that hard?” Chae asked as she wipes the sweat off Lisa's face.

 

“Not just hard, but we've been practicing all day! My body hurts, and I miss my girlfriend.” Seulgi whined, making Jennie more nervous than she already was. “Yah, Chaeyoung-ah, why didn't you bring Irene with you? Did you practice that rough too? Was my baby tired?” Seulgi interrogating the younger.

 

“No, unnie. She was absent, to be honest, I thought she ditched practice for you?”

 

“What?” Seulgi grabbed her phone from her bag. “That's odd, no text or call from her. Where is Irene, then?” Chae just shrugged her shoulders, not really knowing where she could be.

 

Jennie couldn't place panic building up on her. She texted Jisoo to ask where she is, which she quickly replied “Early dinner w Mina. Ill drop by ur place tonyt, want sumthn? ;)” She couldn't believe that Jisoo lied to her. Mina is here with Jennie. And Jennie's sure the only Mina they know is in front of her, not having some dinner with her Jisoo. Since then, she feared to be the kind of girlfriend she hated to be. She clings to Jisoo now more than ever. Texting or exchanging chats whenever they're not together.

 

She's starting to be obsessive and paranoid.

 

Exhibit C: "Room 30, Aviation Centre"

 

She was in the middle of a discussion with the other business majors when she received this. It was not the usual insult like she usually gets, but sure as the most disturbing one. She got up from her seat not sure why she would want to see it for herself. Her heart’s beating louder than ever, her palms sweating from being nervous, and her stomach churning just on the idea that Jisoo might really be cheating on her. Every step she took was like a direct stamp on her chest, the throbbing pain grew more as she reached the half of the staircase leading to the hallway, with the first room being the Room 30. She stayed there, not really knowing what she'll accomplish in watching.

 

A couple of minutes later, she finally decided to end the madness once and for all. She took a step towards the other end of the stairs, but stopped when the door opened and confirmed the worst of her suspicions, a woman went out of the room fast and run straight to the other direction, it was Irene. She didn't see the face clearly, but her lab coat was enough for Jennie. Why would a med student hang around at this place?

 

She wants to cry, but she's still hoping she's wrong. Half a minute passed and the door swung open again, revealing Jisoo. She stood there for a bit, looking at the direction Irene went through. A smug smile on her face just as her thumb touched her bottom lip, like wiping off something from it. Jennie's heart broke a little at that scene. She's not dumb, but she couldn't get herself to admit that Jisoo may really be cheating on her. She runs out of there before Jisoo could even see her. The tears she was holding back then, are starting to fall now. It's not really Jennie's thing to stay in an unfaithful relationship, but what she feels for Jisoo now, despite being the shortest from all her other relationships, is ten times deeper than what she had towards them from before. She loves her way too much to just let her go like what she did with Hanbin. She's terrified that she's fallen in love with Jisoo when the latter's clearly starting to fall out of their relationship. It hurts like hell, but she has to let go, for Jisoo. She thought about everything the older girl told her, how much she loves Jennie, and that she won't go, ever. Hanbin cheated on her before, and now even Jisoo?

 

She's starting to believe she's not worthy of being loved anymore, that she's just too much for everybody.

 

~~~

 

Jennie pretended like nothing's wrong. She mastered the lie of looking okay, when the truth is, she's an inch away from breaking down. That has been Jennie for the whole week, she acted like she never had any doubts about Jisoo. She loves her so much that she's afraid no one would ever make her feel this kind of thing again after Jisoo. She's afraid to confront Jisoo because she knows Jisoo will end things between them and she couldn't risk that, she couldn't risk destroying her relationship with Jisoo. She loves her way too much to let go. Why would she? Jennie loves her more than anyone else in the world, and she will continue to love her even if it destroys her.

 

“Jennie? You okay?” Jisoo went over to hug Jennie, they're in the balcony of Jisoo's place, admiring the night sky. She didn't wanna screw this up by confronting Jisoo, but as the days go by, she felt like a sword is being slowly pushed through her chest, and cut deep the wounds day by day.

 

“Remember those who have been texting me?”

 

“Why? Did it tell you something again? I told you to give me your phone so I could have someone tracked that person.” Jennie didn't answer that.

 

“Do you have something going on with Irene unnie?” She blurted out all of a sudden. Jisoo got surprised at that, she didn't see that coming.

 

“What? With Irene? Baby, I'm not the kind of person who cheats on relationships. I have you. You're more than enough, Jennie. Why would you think that?” Jennie broke from the back hug and faced Jisoo.

 

“I don't know. It was just odd that you're too distant to her, and she's one of your closest friends’ girlfriend. Why are you not comfortable with her? Is she your ex too? Or one of your escapades from the old days?” Jisoo never liked the idea of being accused of something like this.

 

“Jennie, where the hell is this coming from? And no, she is not my ex. I only dated Nayeon, and I'm sure I didn't sleep with her. You said so yourself, she's Seulgi's girlfriend, why would I betray Seulgi? Let alone, you?” The tension's starting to rise now.

 

“But last week, you said you had an early dinner with Mina. I was with Mina. And in room 30 from your  building, I saw you and Irene unnie went out from the same room.”

 

“Oh, that.” Jisoo turned pale after that, like she was caught red handed.

 

“Just tell me the truth, Jisoo. I won't hold you back from breaking up with me.” That's when Jennie broke down in Jisoo's arms. Tears won't stop falling from her brown eyes.

 

“Hey, hey, baby, I am not cheating, okay? God, the thought of that happening makes me want to kill myself. The thought of even hurting you is what's gonna kill me first, baby.” Jisoo sighed before she continued talking. “I guess there's no other way, but to tell you the truth.” Jisoo grabbed her phone and showed a picture of what it seems like a storage unit filled with lots of different rolls of fabrics.

 

“What is this?” Jennie is wiping off her tears to see the picture more clearly.

 

“I've been saving this whole thing for your birthday, but there it is now. It's my gift to you, babe. I know you have lots of things yet to figure out with the proposal, but I was kinda hoping these materials are enough for the initial start up.”

 

“Oh my god.” Jennie cried harder at that.

 

“Oh , was this too much? , I'm sorry, Jen. I won't intervene again, I promise. Please don't cry, I'm sorry.” Jisoo started panicking when she didn't get the reaction she'd hoped for, the younger just shook her head while still sobbing from all the twists of events.

 

“Don't say you're sorry, baby. This is amazing, you're amazing. All this time I was doubting your love for me, and what do I get in return? I don't ing deserve you, Jisoo. You're the best girlfriend ever and I'm just the worst.”

 

“Don't cry, please. Jennie how many times do I have to tell you that you're enough? More than enough. I promise that I'm not, I won't, and I never will cheat on you, babe. I would never do that.”

 

“I'm sorry for taking the bait of that , Jisoo. We already talked about not letting these things get to us and here I was, I broke my own heart for thinking you're cheating, and that we'll break up. I can't lose you, Jisoo. Not now, not ever.” She cried on Jisoo's shoulders again.

 

“Shhh. Stop crying, baby please. We're never going to break up, okay? I love you, Jennie.” She wiped Jennie's tears and kissed her forehead. “And if you won't stop crying, I'd never bring you to your present.” Jennie slightly laughed at that before pouting her lips.

 

“Now, that is rude. That's my gift. Mine.” She told Jisoo while slightly hitting her body.

 

“You know what else is already yours?” Jisoo teasingly asked her.

 

“Kim Jisoo?”

 

“Hell yes. I love you, Jennie Kim. Don't ever forget that.”

 

“And I love you more, Kim Jisoo. Even though I'm starting to think now why do you still love me after all the I put you through.” Jisoo chuckled at that before kissing Jennie's lips.

 

“Because you're worth it, Jennie.”

 

~~~

 

Jennie's on the way to Jisoo's home now. Jisoo skipped her training because she's been feeling a little sore from all the practice the whole week. She got her some food because she knows Jisoo would just rather stay in bed all day than to get up and order food, which doesn't even require much energy except lifting your hand and dial some number. Yep, she's stubborn like that. It's almost sunset now, she tried her best to finish the meeting of their org. to take care of Jisoo.

 

When she entered the unit, she was surprised to see a tupperware of food placed in the dining table, the lights are even lit up. It’s like someone got there before her, she even heard a muffled conversation through the walls separating Jisoo's room to the living room, but the door is left open. Jennie's sure she forgot all about the whole Jisoo cheating with Irene thing, but how could she when it's now right in front of her. She followed the voices.

 

“I told you to stop coming here!”

 

“How could I, Jisoo? Baby, you look so miserable!”

 

It's Irene unnie, I'm certain. . Please let all this be a misunderstanding. Please don't cheat on me, Jisoo.

 

“Will you get out, please? Jennie's been suspecting lately. I couldn't risk this. She might find out about us.”

 

“Then let her! I told you I'm tired of the whole secret thing! I missed you, Jisoo!”

 

“Bull! I don't want anything from you! I stopped caring for you when you shut me out! Now, leave! Go be with Seulgi instead. I don't need you!”

 

“Jisoo, baby, don't do this, please? I care for you, okay? Let me help you.”

 

“No, get out. What time is it? , Jennie's done with her meeting. Leave before she sees you.”

 

“No. I won't leave. Look at you, you're a mess. You need me.”

 

“No! Get away from me. I'm done with you.”

 

“Jisoo will you just let me? I missed you, just let me.” Jennie heard footsteps all over the room, then she heard glass shattering.

 

“!”

 

“Look at you, you’re too weak to even hold the glass. I'm so sorry, Jisoo. I just missed my baby that's why I’m here. I told you I regret everything I did in the past. I can't live without you.” Jennie's not sure if she's digesting everything she's hearing, but she found her feet walking towards the door.

 

“I love you, Jisoo. I always have. Please don't cut me out  of your life again.”

 

“But you left me all alone. Where were you when I needed you most?”

 

“I know, and I'm sorry. Let's give us another chance, please. Let me make up for the time we've lost throughout the years.” Tears flowing in Jennie's eyes listening to the conversation. She couldn't contain the ache in her chest. She trusted Jisoo, how could she do this. The shooting pain in her heart is doubled when her eyes witnessed the whole thing. Jisoo's half and her body tightly pressed against Irene. Irene's lips touching Jisoo's forehead, as her hands gently cups Jisoo's wet cheeks. They're both sitting on the floor with broken pieces of glass resting on the marble tiles.

 

“Jisoo.” She watched two pair of eyes filled with terror as she announced her presence in the room.

 

“Jennie? .” Jisoo tried so hard to stand.

 

“No, don't bother. I've heard and seen enough.” Jennie's walking fast to get outta there.

 

“Wait, Jennie, let me explain!” Jennie's in the elevator, ready to close it anytime.

 

“Don't. I thought you were nothing like Hanbin. Turns out you're much, much worse than him. Don't ever come near me again. We're so ing over!” As soon as the door closes, Jennie found herself leaning against the cold steel, in need of a support. She felt weak, her hands trembling from the news, eyes filled with tears, and a gut wrenching pain in her chest because the one person she thought wouldn't disappoint her, broke her heart to pieces.

 

~~~

 

Jennie thought it was the best decision to go straight to Krystal's club. She knew Jisoo would follow her despite being sick. Going home to her dorm is like anticipating Jisoo's arrival, and she knew if she didn't find her there, Jisoo would probably think she'll be back in the university, so she went here, drinking her troubles behind as if it really solves the problem and as if it washes off the pain.

 

“Jennie? God, you're a mess. What happened?” Krystal hugged Jennie as soon as she saw how ed up she looks like.

 

“Jisoo, I can't believe she's cheating on me.” She cried harder

 

“What? Jisoo? Really? Are you sure, Jen?”

 

“I saw them, unnie. I saw them with my own eyes.”

 

“Oh god, I cannot believe she would do this to you. You're a bit shaken up, I'll go get my bag and we'll go somewhere else to talk, okay? I'll be back.” Jennie nodded before finally letting go of Krystal.

 

She was busy chugging her drink when someone approached her. “Jennie? Can we talk?”

 

She glanced up for a bit, before continuing pouring the alcohol down . “Not now, Bobby. I'm not in the mood.”

 

“Are you alright?” He didn't listen to Jennie, he just sat there beside her.

 

“I can't right now.” She pleaded.

 

“No, Jennie. We need to talk now. It's about Jisoo.”

 

“She's the last thing I wanna talk about right now. Excuse me.” She didn't wait for Krystal anymore, and she definitely didn't want to listen to whatever bull Bobby has to say about Jisoo. She walked away from him only to be stopped when Bobby talked again.

 

“No, you don't understand. I know about Jisoo and Irene.”

 

“I don't need to hear this.” She continued, ignoring Bobby, but got interrupted when her phone vibrated from her pocket. It's a text coming from that dedicated Hater #1 which says “Talk to me, Jen. Stay, please?

 

She looked back at Bobby, who’s holding up his phone, letting Jennie confirm what's happening. “What the hell?”

 

“Before you react, I just wanna say sorry for all the trouble, okay?”

 

She returned to her seat to confront the guy who has been sending her disturbing texts the past months. “What is this, Bobby?”

 

“I'm sorry, I wanted you and Jisoo to break up. That's why I tried to scare you away with all the bad things I knew about Jisoo. I forced Lisa to invite you to hang out and brought you here thinking you'd get turned off by her drinking and smoking habits, but you didn't. So I proceeded with plan b, I let you come to her illegal racing event, but still, you two came through. And finally, I told you every girl she ever dated or fooled around with an--”

 

“And here we are, we broke up. Are you ing happy now?”

 

“No, Jennie. I was wrong. I'm sorry.”

 

“The damage is done, Bobby. I'm just a little bit thankful that I found this soon enough. Well, you let me catch it before I fell harder in love with Jisoo than I already have. You got what you wanted.” sure tasted bitter, and that's not only because of the alcohol.

 

“I'm sorry. I thought this was what I wanted. I love Jisoo that's why I did all those things.” He admitted to Jennie.

 

“What?”

 

“I love her ever since I saw her. Despite all the trouble she caused way back then, I fell hard for her too. But she never had any interest in guys, I tried so hard even befriending Jisoo, but she's just so out of my league. I couldn't reach her. And here we are, years later and I'm still nothing to her. If it wasn't for you, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't even know my name. I'm just sad that the first encounter I got with the love of my life is when she punched me.” Bobby forced a smile remembering that.

 

“Why are you telling me this? Is it because you want to make a move to her now that we have broken up? Is that it? God, it's so nice of you to ask for my permission then, Bobby.”

 

“No, Jennie. It's not it. I wish Hanbin is here to tell you too.”

 

“Hanbin? Tell me what?”

 

“There’s a bigger problem we should be ready for. Not really “we”,  but you and Jisoo. You know that Hanbin hangs out with Beomseok right? Well, used to hang out. And remember that racer gang Jisoo had beef with, Diablos, right?”

 

“Yeah, so?”

 

“So, somewhere along the way, those two biggest Jisoo haters have joined forces in destroying her. Hanbin heard the guys earlier this day that they had this whole plan of getting back at her. There is a talk of a video.”

 

“What video?” Jennie asked, forgetting the whole cheating thing with this new issue coming up.

 

“Remember that Jum joon guy?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“They brought him into the picture. You see, Hanbin told me they found a surveillance cam from where Jisoo had beaten him up. Hanbin never saw the video, but he wanted to warn you both that Beomseok and his guys are just waiting for an opportunity like this to get back at Jisoo, and to try ruin her. He's afraid you'll get hurt and involve with the whole mess.”

 

“What should I do?”

 

“For one thing, you gotta tell this to Jisoo's friends. To her oppas. If the video goes public, there's no way in hell those jerks wouldn't take the chance to annihilate her.”

 

“Is it true, though? Did Jisoo really tormented that guy before?”

 

“No one really knows.”

 

“But you said you knew Jisoo ever since. Could she do that?”

 

“I don't know, Jennie. But I'm sure she's capable. I just know she wouldn't have beaten him up for no reason. But then again, Jisoo and the guys used to bully lots of people when we were in high school. Jisoo met the guys freshman year, she's the only girl to ever hang out with the seniors, Minseok and the guys had a bit of a reputation, so yeah. I shouldn't be the one to tell you Jisoo's stories, but long story short, end of freshman year, she got expelled and went to another one.”

 

“What? She got expelled freshman year?” Jennie got surprised at the things she found out about Jisoo, again.

 

“Yeah, and sophomore too.”

 

“The hell?”

 

The two got interrupted when both of their phones buzzed at the same time. They eyed each other indicating a suspicion they both feared to admit. It was Joy who sent the link of the video. Jennie and Bobby watched it together. It's a surveillance footage from the adjacent establishment, it caught the farthest side of a dark alley by the side of the building. The video was timed somewhere around 1:18 AM, 20th of December, last two years ago.

 

The first couple minutes of the clip were silent except when vehicles in the road passed by, until an SUV pulled up, two guys wearing masks came down first before pulling out a third guy.

 

“That's him, that's Jum Joon.”

 

They watched as he struggled to get up as the two guys pushed him hardly to the ground. They dragged him towards the end of the alley and threw him like a trash in the bags of garbage littered around. The guys left him there when a fourth person came down from the car.

 

“Jisoo.” She was not wearing any mask and Jennie knew her body frame all too well.

 

The two guys positioned themselves at the back of the car, facing the road, they became the look out for any intruders or bystanders coming in. Jennie watched as Jisoo went over to Jum Joon and grabbed the collar or his shirt to level with her. With all her might, she used her right fist to punch his stomach repeatedly. The video quality may not be that good, but Jennie could see Jum Joon spitting blood from the jabs. Jennie doesn't know what to feel anymore. A moment ago, she was just crying over her girlfriend who she thought would never cheat on her, half with another chick, and here she is now, watching a video of that same girlfriend abusing a guy, being the nightmare of a person Jennie dreaded her to be. The guy's almost unconscious from all the hit, so Jisoo let go of his collar and let his body fall harshly to the ground. Jennie's mouth is gasping for air as she cried harder when she thought Jisoo's done beating the guy up, but then she kicked him continually all over his body, not minding whether or not he's still breathing. Jennie closed her eyes for a moment, absorbing everything. Bobby placed a comforting hand over hers, she saw how sorry he is, she didn't mind the touch. She knows Bobby is as disappointed as her with Jisoo, disappointed and scared. This is the girl they both love. Why on earth would she do this? They both went back to watch it, Jisoo got tired of kicking him or maybe she's satisfied with what she did, so she stopped, but just for a second, she gathers all the leg strength she had left and kicked him vigorously right in the face. If he hadn't passed out from the previous hits, that kicked surely knocked his lights out. After that, Jisoo entered the car like nothing happened and was followed by the two other guys she came with, leaving Jum Joon there. The video ended as soon as the car left the frame.

 

“Tell me that's not my Jisoo.”

 

“I'm sorry, Jennie. I'm lost too, but if we got this video, and if Hanbin's right about the warning, Beomseok's gang is on the move now to get back at her. You've seen the video right, they wouldn't hold back in beating her up too. Let's find Jisoo. Do you have any idea where she is? We have to go now.”

 

~~~

 

“I tried calling her, it's just ringing. I called Lisa, but she's not in our apartment. Our best chance would be at the university.” Jennie told him, they run off from the club, she even forgot about Krystal.

 

“On it.” Bobby as he drove on the way to the university.

 

“Oppa?” Jennie answered the call.

 

Where is Jisoo? I cannot contact her. Tell me you're safe back at her unit.

 

“I’m not, we had a fight. I’m sorry, oppa. We're on our way to the university, though.”

 

. We're on our way home now too. Let's just hope they wouldn't get to Jisoo before us.

 

“I assume you've seen the video too?” There was a silent pause from the other line.

 

Jennie, I was in the video.

 

“Wait, what?!”

 

I'm telling you just because that video only shows the ending of that guy's story. Jisoo had her reason. I'll tell you the rest, but I'm driving a van full of fraternity guys. I'll meet you there.” He then ended the call. Leaving a more confused Jennie.

 

“Who was that?” Bobby looked at him and then back on the road again.

 

“Minseok oppa. They're on the way.”

 

Bobby didn't have the time to properly park his car because they both rushed out to see the commotion building up in the university's parking lot.

 

Jisoo's surrounded by Beomseok and Daeshim's gang, with lots of students watching around. Two guys holding each of Jisoo's arms. Beomseok walked towards her and grabbed her hair. With her head being pulled up, Jennie saw bruises all over her face, and a big black eye on the left.

 

“What the ! Let go of her!” Jennie cried, but their guys held her and prevented her from doing so. Jisoo's almost passed out on her state, she's already weak even before going here, what more now that they had battered her up. Bobby tried his luck in saving Jisoo too, but he just got punched on his own.

 

“Miss Jennie Kim, how the hell do you still want to save this girl when you just had watched what she did with Jum? You saw the video, right?  Are you that crazy for her? Your girlfriend is a ing psychopath.” He tightened his grip to Jisoo's hair.

 

“ you! Let her go!” She tried so hard in escaping the hold in hers.

 

“You all saw what she did with Jum right? Like this?” He mimicked the way Jisoo tortured Jum, earning a groan and a cough of blood from Jisoo.

 

“Stop!” Jennie cried louder this time, she's mad at Jisoo, but she wants to save her. She doesn't deserve this. No one deserves this.

 

“Why? Has it ever crossed your mind why would she hurt Jum? No, because you're all a fool falling for her pretty face. You didn't see her in high school, but this is what she does, all of 'em, they beat up people for no reason, or for one reason which is they're bored. That's what they do. That's the real Jisoo.” He violently yanked her head to his leg.

 

“Stop it, please!”

 

“She's just a ing pretty face, but a monster inside.” He hit her hard across the face, and like all of bruises and bleeding lip wasn't enough, he hit her again and again and again until the guards had to intervene. The gang didn't even run when they got caught.

 

“What the did you do to her!” Jin came right after the guards, with Irene crying following closely behind him.

 

“I'll have you all sued!” He shouted at Beomseok as he bent over to check on Jisoo. Irene was the one to check up on the devastated Jisoo. Jennie was grabbed by Bobby as soon as the gang let them go. Daeshim on the other hand, had a smug look on his face.

 

“Go ahead, tell on us, but we're very much happy to even show the police the tape of Jisoo almost killing Jum. We're just protecting our friend, getting back at her for what she did.” Daeshim told them.

 

“Yeah? Well, don't worry, I won't forget to bring in the case of a minor girl Jum had ually assaulted from before. Bet you didn't know that?” Jin countered at him, leaving them in their shock state.

 

“What?”

 

“You beat up our little sister without even knowing the whole story. Your guy, Joom Jun, almost a minor girl 2 years ago, if it wasn't for Jisoo, that girl’s life could've been ruined by your abuser friend. So yeah, you just protected and side with a . Maybe we should have your files checked out too? We have this saying “birds of the same feather, flock together”, right?” Seokjin left Jisoo for a moment and walked towards Beomseok who had his hands cuffed by the guards, he grabbed his collar to make him listen to him now more than ever. “You'll regret that you laid your ing filthy hands to my little sister. Mark my words, you’ll rue the day that you mess with our family.” He punched him in the stomach before pushing him harshly, letting him go.

 

“Take them.” He told the guards.

 

Bobby drove his car near to where Jisoo's lying down to get her to the hospital. “Let's go!” Jin carried her to the back seat and even Irene rode in the car too. “Jennie, let's go.” She interrupted Jennie's spacing out from all that happened. She sat on the shotgun and they went on their way to the hospital.

 

Little sister? What the ?