Chapter 1: Wish upon a star

TT: A story untold

Princess Jihyo, the oldest princess and heir to the throne of JYP Kingdom. Jihyo didn't understand why her predecessors would name the kingdom based on the founder's name, did they not have better naming sense? She loved her kingdom but she wasn't that much of a fan of the name. Now where were we, ah, that's right...Princess Jihyo never had a close friend, let alone, a circle of friends.

Yes, the princess was kind but that didn't mean she'd trust everyone who approaches her. She knew many had hidden agendas behind their smiles. She always had her guard up whenever she went to formal meetings.

The princess never got the chance to go outside the castle walls. Her younger sisters did once, and they said that their trip had been really fun. Not that Jihyo didn't want to, its that she can't. Because she is the heir, more knights were assigned to guard her compared to her siblings.

One night, though she knew it was silly, she wished upon a star. She wished to have friends that would be by her side. She looked expectantly at the night sky, nothing happened. What did she expect? The princess sighed. 

"Guess I should sleep now." The princess murmured.

A light flashed on the night sky and it caught her attention. A shooting star! She hurriedly went back to the balcony and took a closer look. 

"Shooting stars are better to be wished upon!" She thought and so she wished once again. As she opened her eyes there was nothing. 

"Can't believe I'm already 17 yet I believed on those myths." She sighed.

The lonely princess went to sleep. She was woken up by her maids and got her ready for the day. She was still sleepy but she had no choice, she's the princess.

"Princess." One of her maids called out to her.

"Yes?"

"Where shall I put this puppet?" Her maid asked.

Jihyo never had a puppet like that, she looked at it and was about to say that they can have it but she saw the puppet shook its head. Jihyo was stupefied. Was she being haunted? 

She was about to say to throw it out since she was really creeped out but then she heard a voice.

"Please don't throw me out! I beg you!" 

Jihyo looked around, what was that? 

"Princess?"

"Just put it on top of my desk." Jihyo smiled and the maid left the puppet on the desk.

"I must have been sleep deprived." Jihyo murmured and walked out of her room.

Jihyo came back after dinner. She was tired, she dismissed her maids and plopped on her bed. She remembered the puppet who spooked her out earlier.

It had a short blond hair and it's outfit reminding Jihyo of Pinocchio. Jihyo walked over and picked up the puppet.

"I must have been really tired." She mused.

"Hey put me down!" The puppet ordered. Jihyo was shocked to her wits end and harshly threw the puppet.

"I said put me down not throw me down!" The puppet huffed.

"I'll let you go this once since you helped me earlier." The puppet said. The said puppet struggled to climb Jihyo's bed and as she did she sat like it was hers.

"W-what in the world are you?!" Jihyo yelled. 

"Stop yelling. I know I owe you some explanations so I--" The puppet froze.

"So you'd what?" 

"I'll answer all your questions just please help me!" The puppet pleaded.

"Help you with what?" Jihyo was confused.

"She's here!" The puppet stood up.

"I'll go hide in your pillows! Don't tell anyone I'm here!" The puppet pleaded as she scrambled behind the pillows.

Just as Jihyo was about to give the puppet a piece of her mind she felt chills all over her spine. A cold wind blew in her room. She looked over and saw that the door to her balcony was open and someone was there. With wings on her back and pointy horns on her head, not once did Jihyo think she'd meet a daemon. 

The new arrival looked pissed. She glared at Jihyo then scanned the room.

"Hey you!" She called out to Jihyo.

"Yes?!" Jihyo yelped. What in the world is going on?!

"Have you seen a puppet or a person with a short blonde hair?" She walked towards Jihyo, making their distance smaller.

The puppet hoped that the daemon won't find her. She never thought that the one who got hit buy the bucket of water was a half daemon. Luck wasn't on her side.

Jihyo pondered, whose life should she spare? Hers or the puppet?

The new girl eyed at the princess and sighed. Did she go to the wrong place? But her hunch was saying that the puppet's in the room. She then heard a sneeze.

The puppet sneezed. Oh boy, she thought.

The new girl tiptoed towards the direction of where the sound originated. Jihyo could only watch as the scene unfolded.

"Sorry little one."

"Let me go!" The puppet screamed.

"And why would I do that?" The daemon teased. She was grabbing the puppet with her two hands as the puppet struggled.

Jihyo thought of why no one came to her room. The shouts of the puppet were deafening. The night went on with the puppet biting the daemon then only to be caught again, the two would then bicker then the cycle goes on. Jihyo got tired of their fight and went to dreamland. Somehow, she hoped that it was all just a dream.