Sixth Chapter

Oh, Hyung, Actually I'm A Boy Too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, Jimin, meet Jungkook! He’s my baby, two years younger than us! But now he’s living with me because he wanted to and I did so too...” Taehyung smiled widely and made Jimin and Jungkook shake hands. This was awkward because Yoongi wasn’t there with them yet and they were just sitting in a coffee shop, waiting for the eldest. Even Taehyung and Jimin couldn’t really be their normal selves and Jimin had no idea what to do.

 

“Umm… Hi, Jungkook!” the 19-year-old smiled awkwardly, feeling something funny in his stomach when the younger showed a very bunny-like smile back.

 

“Hi, Jimin hyung! I can call you hyung, right?”

 

“Yeah, you can.”

 

Chatting was a bit uncomfortable at first, they didn’t know each other at all and Taehyung didn’t really bother to try to make them comfortable, as he was just anxiously waiting for Yoongi. Jimin and Taehyung had grown close in the past two years they had known each other, but now Taehyung was nervous and didn’t know what to say. The coffee outing with all four of them was supposed to be for some announcement Taehyung wanted to make and had been keeping a secret. So, when Yoongi finally arrived, joining in the awkward conversation, although minimalistically, it started to flow a bit better.

 

After their cups of coffee and a while of chatting, Taehyung finally managed to open his mouth;

 

“I’m going on a trip with my parents and... and they asked if you want to join? We’re going to rent some cottage somewhere and mom said she wants to get to know you guys better and that she misses her Kookie...?” he managed to blurt out, nervous that the others wouldn’t want to go, just because neither Yoongi or Jimin had ever met his parents.

 

“Depends on... when?” Yoongi soon managed to ask, Jimin humming as an affirmative, if Yoongi would go, he’d be in too.

 

“On the spring break? So like, pretty soon?”

 

“Yeah, yeah, we had planned to spend it here anyway, so why not go with you,” Yoongi smiled, giving a small kiss on Taehyung cheek.

 

“I’m in too! Just gotta tell mom and dad that I’m not going home!” Jungkook said right after, being a bit embarrassed about the smallest moments of intimacy between his best friend and the even older boy he didn’t actually know that well yet.

 

 

 

 

They were all sitting in a large van, one Taehyung’s parents have rented. The elders occupied the front seats, the father of the family driving and mother sitting next to him, behind them facing backward were Taehyung’s younger siblings, facing them on the solo seats were Jungkook on the doors side and Jimin next to the window, the way to the farthest seats, where Taehyung and Yoongi reside, between them.

 

“So, is everyone ready to move?” Taehyung’s father asked with a warm voice, something Yoongi was in no way used to. Another weird thing had been the younger’s mom hugging him, there was nothing like that in the family he grew up in.

 

“Yeah,” they still chorused, everyone but Yoongi, who really was weirded out by the warmth and friendliness, the easiness between the whole crew. As they left the parking spot, they started chatting comfortably, Taehyung’s mother asking how everyone’s school had been. She also asked things about Jimin and Yoongi, as if she wanted to get to know them.

 

“So, Yoongi-ah, do your parents know where you are?” she half-whispered at some point when most of the group are already asleep, only Taehyung’s parents and Yoongi being awake. The sudden question made Yoongi jump slightly, should he be honest or not?

 

“Oh, umm… No, I didn’t actually tell my mother, she didn’t really want me to visit home during this vacation, so I didn’t see it necessary to inform her, ma’am.”

 

“Honey, call me mom, no need to be so formal. And you should probably tell your mum and dad if you’re not at the dorms, what if they plan a surprise visit?” she asked with a soft smile on her lips, a loving gaze in her eyes.

 

“Oh, my father isn’t really in the picture and mother doesn’t visit me, I told my hyung in case he planned to see me, but he’s on a holiday with his girlfriend right now. Mother is most likely working or with Missus and Mister Park somewhere, umm, mom?” Yoongi tried not to show how used to he was to not having his mother caring about anything he did. Still, his sentence turned into a question as he wasn’t sure what Taehyung’s mother would think about his parents’ separation.

 

~

 

“We’re here!!” Taehyung’s father happily exclaimed while parking the car in front of a beautiful, but quite small cottage.

 

“So, we have four rooms, two with two single beds and two with twin beds, and we’re of course taking the other of the latter ones,” the man continued, hugging his wife.

 

“Sooo, what do we do with the rest? Kids are taking one with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter