Fifth Chapter

Oh, Hyung, Actually I'm A Boy Too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jiminie? I met this cute guy at class today and he-he understands me already. We talked for so long after school about everything and he helped me really understand, you know. I’m so happy!” Yoonji was explaining to her phone while walking back toward the small apartment that she shared with the younger who was right now visiting her parents for a long weekend, skipping the Friday of school. Jimin’s parents had moved to Busan with her little brother almost right after Jimin had moved in with Yoonji.

 

“Oh! I’m so happy for you, Yoonji! Tell me more about him!” Jimin was happy that Yoonji was meeting new people. She was really quiet and reserved toward others, most of her friends really were just Jimin’s friends. Yoonji had bad anxiety, she had been having attacks for a couple years as she grew more, also getting more ashamed of her dyslexia. It had gotten a bit easier for her as she had gotten older, but she was a lot slower than her classmates.

 

~

 

What Jimin didn’t know was that she would slowly get more and more jealous of this new friend of Yoonji’s.

 

“Hey, Yoon, could you come shopping with me today?” Jimin asked, smiling and hugging the older girl.

 

“Umm… I promised Tae that I would be with him… But we’re probably going to the mall ourselves, so if you wanna join us..?” Yoonji answered, hugging the younger back and fluffing her ponytail.

 

“Oh, no! I don’t wanna bother you, let’s just do something on another day, okay?” Jimin was sad, she had wanted to spend time with her best friend, but she understood that the older wanted to spend time with her new friend.

 

“Yeah, there’s something I wanna talk to you about anyways, so maybe we can chat tonight after I get back?” Yoonji poked her best friend’s cheek, smiling nervously before continuing. “I have something important to tell you.”

 

“Okay… Just, I’m a bit tired so don’t stay too late if you really wanna talk tonight,” Jimin yawned and smiled at the older, she could see that Yoonji had something important to tell her.

 

“Yeah, yeah. I’ll be back in a couple of hours then, I’m just gonna change before I leave!” Yoonji answered, moving to her closet to pick clothes. She was going through multiple shirts before deciding on the one she really wanted to wear. Maybe.

 

And never had Jimin seen Yoonji dress up so nervously. She was thinking of clothes forever, still ending up in her normal picks, skinny jeans and a too big flannel shirt, a pair of black converse and a cap to keep her hair back.

 

“Do I look okay?” she even asked as she was putting the shoes on, trying to smile like everything’s like it always was when clearly something was pressing on her mind.

 

“Do you like him?” Jimin blurted out, weirded out by the way Yoonji was putting herself together as she never did think for more than two seconds before throwing her clothes on.

 

“No! He’s just my friend, but we’re going to the mall and he said his friend would meet us there and I don’t want to look like trash!” Yoonji was fast to explain herself, her nervousness clear in the way her voice shook.  

 

They both perked up as the doorbell rang loudly, surprising Jimin so thoroughly that she dropped the enamel mug she had been drinking from.

 

“That must be Taetae! I’m off now, love you, Minnie!” Yoonji laughed softly and waved at the younger before opening the door

 

“Bye! Love you too, Yoon!” Jimin answered, waving at the male standing behind the door before starting to clean up the water that had splashed everywhere. She was left there to work as Yoonji shut the door behind herself.

 

~

 

“Let’s go!” Yoonji smiled as he closed the door and begun walking towards the stairs that took him and Taehyung back to the ground level.

 

“Hi! How have you been in the past… four hours?” Taehyung asked smiling after looking at his watch to see how much time it had been after their shared class ended.

 

“Fine, fine!” Yoonji laughed nervously, his heart was beating loudly in his chest, partly because of the boy and partly because he wasn’t a fan of crowded places and they were heading to one.

 

“That’s good! Me too! Jungkook’s train will get here in an hour and then he will be with us. He is just visiting me for the weekend before going back home to school! He’s still so young! Just fourteen!” Taehyung was explaining as he held the elder’s hand to calm him down a bit. He could see that the other was nervous, it wasn’t even hard as he was looking around himself and pulling softly on his own ponytail.

 

They were on their way to a barber’s shop as they were planning to get Yoonji’s hair shortened. He wanted it to be really short, just to try it. Three centimeters, he had told Taehyung when previously discoursing things.

 

“Do you think I’ll look like a real boy then?” he asked as they walked in, still holding hands.

 

“You look like a real boy all the time, Yoon hyung,” Taehyung answered smiling, squeezing the older’s hand before letting go and walking to the cashier to inform they had arrived for the appointment. Yoonji just stood behind the taller as he chatted comfortably with the cashier who informed them that she would go to the back to get the barber from there.

 

“Okay, so what would the young lady want?” the barber asked as Yoonji had been sat down on the chair.

 

“He would like his hair shortened to three centimeters,” Taehyung answered for Yoonji whom he knew had troubles talking to strangers.

 

“Oh, so you’re like that then, I can’t say that short hair fits females, but I can cut your short, as long as you won’t cry for your hair after we’re done,” the older male seemed disgusted and annoyed, but willing to do this for the money.

 

“Thank you,” Yoonji whispered quietly, sitting comfortably and waiting, keeping his eyes closed.

 

~

 

“You look amazing, hyungie!” Taehyung smiled widely as he hugged Yoonji tightly after paying for the cut.

 

“Thank you, Tae,” Yoonji smiled back as he touched his hair for the nth time after the cut.

 

“Jungkook’ll be here in a few, so let’s head to the station, hyung,” Taehyung grabbed the elder’s hand and started walking towards the station dragging the short boy behind himself at a fast pace, their arrival to the station taking only five minutes.

 

“Oh, there he comes! Jungkookieee!!!” Taehyung suddenly exclaimed, waving both of his hands on top of his head, smiling widely to the person Yoonji was about to meet.

 

“Ooh! Hello,” a guy few centimeters shorter than the almost 175 tall Taehyung said while hugging the said male. “You must be ‘Yoon-hyung’ that hyungie keeps talking about all the time.”

 

Yoonji nodded his head, shaking the hand Jungkook was offering to him as Taehyung groaned out of embarrassment.

 

“It’s nice to finally meet you!” Yoonji said, nodding his head again before taking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter