No Way

Princess Charming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
04 NO WAY  

Random moments with Yoo Jeongyeon aka living twin sister of my dead lover Yoo Kyungwan.

 

 

The One with the Boys

 

I was on my way to my cubicle, a cup of coffee in my hand, when I spot an unfamiliar man talking to Jeongyeon on her desk.

He was tall, lean and quite handsome. I'm pretty sure he was making the moves on Jeongyeon, what I'm not sure of is if she's fine with it since she had an unreadable expression on her face. Sure she was nodding and smiling, but there was something in her expression I could not quite point out.

 

"Hey Dahyun. Who's that?" I asked Dahyun as soon as I passed by her cubicle which was only a few meters away from ours.

 

"Huh?" She turned her head to where I'm pointing at. "Ah that's Jung Joonyoung, from the Arts and Culture department."

 

"What's he doing here? Arts and Culture is at 10th floor."

 

Dahyun shrugged, "Maybe he's visiting Jeongyeon-unnie."

 

"Why?"

 

"I don't know. Why does a guy visit a girl?"

 

"He likes her?" I laughed in ridicule, "Seems like Jeongyeon is not impressed."

 

"Really? I heard they used to date."

 

"What??"

 

"There was a rumor that they dated. I don't know."

 

"Him? No way."

 

"They look cute though."

 

I scoffed, "Pff. She can do better."

 

Dahyun giggled. "You're acting jealous unnie." I was about to protest when she added, "You should get used to this though. Jeongyeon-unnie is pretty much a celebrity here. She has a lot of fangirls. And fanboys. There’s Kim Minseok from advertising department.” She paused, as if to think.

 

Ugh. Seriously? He looks like a kid! I rolled my eyes at the thought.

 

“then, hmm Oh! Assistant director Kyunghoon likes her too."

 

An image of a middle aged man entered my mind, "What? He's like a billion years old!"

 

"You're exaggerating."

 

Okay maybe I am.

 

"Whatever. I don't care."
 

I’m not too comfortable with this topic after all.




The One with the Text Message

 

It was a lazy Saturday and I was painting my nails when my phone beeped. It was already almost midnight, who could be texting me? I grabbed my phone and checked the message. It was from an unknown number.

 

Unknown Number: Hey Bunny

Me: Who's this

Unknown Number: Your favorite sunbae

Me: Jihyo? Did you change your number?

Unknown Number: Ouch. No.

Me: Uh, Sunmi unnie?

Unknown Number:...no.

Me: Ji-eun unnie?

Unknown Number: …

Unknown Number: It's Jeongyeon
 

I can feel myself smiling. I'm not sure why I'm feeling giddy inside but suddenly, I felt playful. I put down my nail polish and diverted my full attention to my phone.


Me: I'm not sure if you know the meaning of favorite. We could take all night and I would’ve never guessed its you

Unknown Number: Why am I not your favorite?

Me: Why should you be?

Unknown Number: I should be

Me: It's not imposed, .

Unknown Number: You're my favorite office hoobae.

Me:...

Unknown Number: Next to chaeyoung. And dahyun of course.

Me: -__-

Me: What do you want? And how did you get my number?

Unknown Number: From the HR, where else?

Me: What do you want?

Unknown Number: Why so grumpy? You should be proud. I don’t usually text people.

Me: Should I thank you?

Unknown Number: You’re welcome.

Me: It was a question -__-

Unknown Number: Hehe. Save my number. You’ll be hearing a lot from me ^_^ gotta go~

 

I rolled my eyes, but my lips were betraying me. Why the hell am I smiling? Anyway, I (reluctantly) saved her number as Yoo Jeongyeon Sunbae then decided to change it to Yoo Jeong-sunbae. Because why the hell not? I’m a fan of Cheese in the trap. I laughed at my own pun.

 

 

The One with the Girl Groups

 

It was lunchbreak when I spotted Jeongyeon sitting alone in a couch at the coffee shop near the office. She was smiling on her phone. Who was she texting? I got curious so I sneaked in behind her, trying to get a glimpse of her screen. I realized she was scrolling on some photos, Oh my, she was stalking someone. I bit back a playful smile. If only I could get a peek..

 

“What the hell are you doing there, Xylitol?”

 

I almost jumped out of my skin when she suddenly turned to me. Guess I am not so sneaky after all.

 

I scrunched my eyebrows at her. “Xylitol?” I asked as I took a sit beside her. Xylitol? Isn’t that a gum? Jeongyeon can be the weirdest person sometimes.

 

She smirked,“Teeth. Looks like xylitol.” She flashed me a grin, pointing at her two front teeth.

 

My mouth fell open. Why this little. I punched her lightly in the shoulder and rolled my eyes. She smiled back to her phone then I remembered what she was doing earlier, “Anyway, what are you doing?” I asked, feigning ignorance.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“You were stalking someone.” I teased.

 

“No, I’m not.”

 

“Yes, you are.”

 

“No.”

 

I squinted my eyes at her then shrugged, pretending to have dropped it. As I expected, Jeongyeon lowered her guard and went back to scrolling thru her phone. “HA! Gotcha!” I exclaimed as I successfully grabbed the phone from her hands before she could even protest. “Who’s this?”

 

I immediately recognized the photo on her phone, “Omo, you’re a fan of Oh My Girl?” a playful smile forming on my lips.

 

 

She cleared , “No, I just stumbled upon it.” She answered awkwardly, uneasiness apparent on her tone. This girl doesn’t know how to lie.

 

I nodded along, “Oh okay. Yeah, why would you be a fan of that girl group?”

 

Jeongyeon’s eyes widened in defense, and I found it really funny.“Excuse me, but why not?” she asked in irritation, “They’re a very talented idol group not to mention very cute especially Seunghee. Have you seen her viral vid—“

 

I was grinning from ear to ear.

 

“Yeah right, you’re definitely not a fan.”

 

“Shut up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter