Mint and Vanilla

Princess Charming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
01 MINT AND VANILLA  

I'm pretty sure this was a dream. I mean, it has to be since I'm riding a flying horse and I'm looking at myself in a third person point of view.

I'm wearing a beautiful blush off shoulder long dress, laced up with sparkling diamonds at the front. My hair was tied in a big, messy, and voluminous French braid with a small golden crown at the top of my head.

I'm a princess.

Not to mention I was riding a beautiful white horse, flapping it's wings magically into the night sky filled with constellations. Hey, wasn't that Oreo's belt? or was it Orion? I really have no idea about stars but who cares.

I look majestic as .

My beautiful pegashi, yes I named her pegashi, landed in a large fluffy cloud where a white gothic looking renaissance castle stood. It's like those castles I see in my bedtime stories. It was beautiful. Especially with all the trumpets blaring, welcoming me back. There's a big pink banner at the gates with the words 'Welcome back Most Beautiful Princess Nayeon'. That doesn't seem right. But I couldn't care less.


It's in front of me. The castle of my dreams, literally.


As I made my way towards the castle, I realized there was a man standing in front of the gates.

It took me a while before I realized he was my prince. He was wearing those typical aristocratic finery, looking tall and rich and cool. He had his back towards me but gosh, he looks so good.

As I walked closer, I realized his hair was shaped like a very familiar coconut and when he turned around, I realized why it was so familiar.

Kyungwan.
My prince is Kyungwan.


Holy crap, puberty hit him so damn well.


My heart felt like it was gonna jump from my chest when he started walking towards me.

"Kyungwan..." gosh I wish I didn't sound like a dying horse.


Kyungwan did not say anything. He just smiled and reached for my face.


. This is happening. this is happening.


My first kiss. Finally.

I closed my eyes when he was just inches away from me.

And then it happened.


It felt... nice.
 

Okay, maybe not so nice.


It was terrible.


Kyungwan is definitely not a good kisser.

First of all, why is there so much tongue and saliva? Wait, is he me?

And why the hell is he so hairy? I mean yes, it was soft and fluffy but it felt like i'm kissing a dog.

Hey.


I AM KISSING A DOG.

"KOOKEU!" I groaned as I pushed my pomeranian's face away from me. Kookeu, being the hard headed dog that he is, continued to just the rest of my neck. "Ya! Kookeu no!"

He finally lost his interest after a while and jumped down from my bed. Ugh, and I thought Kyungwan had finally made a comeback in my life. I brushed my messy hair away from my saliva filled face. That's when I notice the big screaming red digits on my bedside alarm clock.


7:35 AM
I barely have 25 mins to prepare for work.
.

I grabbed my towel hurriedly and went straight to the bathroom.
I'm not usually like this. In fact, I'm almost never late because despite how much of a deep sleeper I am, I always wake up to my alarm at the first beep.

Even my japanese roommate, Mina, has told me countless times that it's one of the things she liked about me when we first became room mates back in college. We've been roommates for almost 7 years and she'd never been woken up by alarm, she always tells me. Of course it doesn't quite apply anymore since we have separate rooms now that we're living in a bigger apartment but still, I prided myself in that sense.


It's because of that dream. Not that I’m complaining though, however, of all the nights he could visit me in my dream, why would my childhood crush, Kyungwan, choose to appear now when it's my first day at work?


I recently quit my job as a secretary at a famous fragrance company in Seoul. To be honest, I’m still not sure if I did the right decision because the company pays so damn well. Well enough for me to afford this semi-luxurious apartment in the center of Seoul and still have a decent amount left for my other needs.

"Your boss was harassing you. You should've quit the moment she made you run 16 flights of stairs just so they can test if her perfume would smell good even if you're sweaty." Mina's voice rang through my ears.

She was right though. My past boss was a certified, top of the line, class A who loved making her subordinates’ life miserable.

I shrugged at the thought, good thing I'm not under her anymore, reminding myself that I have a new job and a new boss to impress.


Which is probably not gonna happen because I am officially late. Goddammit.


I fixed my things and decided to grab a glass of water before I go.


"Oooh. Someone's running late~"


I found my roommate's best friend, Momo, in the kitchen with a mouth full of cereals while playing with Kookeu. I'm not even surprised at the sight. She practically lives here with us, together with her real roommate - their other bestfriend, Sana.

They were childhood friends back in Japan, Mina once told me. Sometimes I wonder how I even fit in their friendship.
 

"And you're eating my cereal." I retorted.
 

"I'm waiting for Minari."
 

"You can wait in the couch and not eat, you know?"
 

"I'm hungry. Besides, you never eat breakfast. I'm actually doing this cereal a favor because it's just gathering dust around the kitchen. Right, Kookeu?"
 

I rolled my eyes, "Did you bring your scooter?"
 

"...no." She said as she slowly covered her keys on the table with one hand, as if I won’t notice it.

 

What a big fat liar.
 

"I'm borrowing it."
 

"UH NO YOU CAN'T.” She started protesting in a loud voice, “Come on Unnie, I just got my baby fixed."
 

"I'll take care of it this time. Please Momo, I'm already running late. Give me the keys."
 

"Nah-uh. Not gonna happen." She waved her hand at me while refilling her bowl with my cereal. The nerve.
 

"Give me the keys or I'll tell Mina you said her pet looks ugl--."
 

I haven't even finished my sentence and she threw me her keys. "You have no soul."

 

I winked at her in return and got off.

--__---__--

 

Oh my lord, Jihyo is so going to kill me! I thought to myself as I ran towards the entrance of my new workplace. Jihyo, my college bestfriend, is currently the features editor o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter