Chapter IX

끝까지 기다리다 (To wait until the end)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(January, 1413)

 


"Witches? What witches?" Xuxi stood up and sniffed.

"No, no, I have to get out" Yoonoh pleaded.

"His majesty wanted you locked in the dungeon!" 

"Witches have come!" Xuxi howled and everyone went silent. 


There was an explosion outside, Xuxi howled and started banging on the cell. Yoonoh knew Sooyeon and her allies have arrived. "Xuxi, we need to get out" he told the boy, the werewolf nodded and used all his strength  to knock down the cell on a single push. The two of them ran out of the dungeon freely as the dungeon guards were preoccupied on keeping the witches out of the palace. Yoonoh immediately went around to look for Geunseok. Xuxi on the other hand, already felt his freedom so he ran away, leaving Yoonoh behind. The warlock was bumping into people as they flee. 


"Boy don't go to that direction!" A man shouted, Yoonoh knew it was dangerous and it meant there must be something there.


------

 

Geunseok was sleeping when the gong woke him up. That was a signal for intruders breaching the palace. Have they arrived this early? Geunseok was alarmed. "Sir, the witches have come! Shall send the warlock back to avoid a war?" A knight entered his room "No, do not touch my warlock. We shall fight them back" Geunseok put on his armor and walked to the barracks.

"Enemies have come in an attempt to get a hold of our kingdom, we shall never let them have any power, our land is for our people, let us fight for our lands" Geunseok gave a speech.

"For Korea!"

"For Korea!"

The prince, along with the soldiers, made their way towards the gates where the witches have gathered. "We offer you to surrender now, we will not give the warlock back" Geunseok told Sooyeon and the witch replied with a loud laugh. "Did you think we want that pest back to our lands? How pitiful" she raised her voice. Geunseok gritted his teeth in annoyance "We only want to rule the kingdom and avenge our fallen sisters that you slaughtered. Is it that hard to understand?" Sooyeon crossed her arms, the guards looked at each other.


"We will fight for our lands!" Geunseok screamed and the guards followed.

"Charge!" 


Geunseok led the army, making sure to aim at Sooyeon, but the witches were tricksters, they knew how to fight and they have potions and acid bombs, too advance for the soldiers. Sooyeon fought Geunseok hand in hand but the witch was too powerful, making the prince stumble and fall as the soldiers were busy fighting with the witches. Geunseok ended up bleeding and crawling, unable to stand up from exhaustion. 


"My my, what a weak little prince you are, all big words yet you could not kill a single witch" Sooyeon raised Geunseok's sword, ready to stab him.


Geunseok knew he will be defeated, and the kingdom will fall under the witches, his beloved Korea will crumble down. He closed his eyes and prayed to heaven that his beloved brothers can defend the palace. He knew his death was coming, but he was not expecting someone's body, stumbling down on him. "Y-your Highness..." Geunseok opened his eyes to see Yoonoh, his sword buried deep into the boy's body. 


"You fool" Sooyeon hissed and pulled the sword before stabbing the boy again.

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" Geunseok shouted, Yoonoh just buried his face on the prince's chest.

 

 

(September, 2018)


 

The plan was simple, they will have to break into the university archives and get the necklace back, and then return to the HQ, once the necklace falls into the wrong hands, Sooyeon might return and thousands of lives will be sacrificed. Jaehyun knew it to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter