Chapter VI

끝까지 기다리다 (To wait until the end)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(December, 1412)

 

 

The prince lend his winter coat to Yoonoh, they intend to travel to east, where Yoonoh's family settled. Guards wanted to join the prince but Geunseok knew he made a promise to not reveal the boy's identity and so they travelled to the east with two horses. "My lord, for what reason...a prince like you would want to meet peasants like me" Yoonoh sat on a rock across the prince, the horses had to eat and they also had to rest. "Because, you are special" the prince smiled.

 

"Why are you not afraid of me? I can hurt you ri-"

 

"But my dear slave, you have not lay a finger on me for the whole day, and I know you would never betray me" Now, Yoonoh was taken aback. 

 

"Very well" Yoonoh just took a nap. 

 

 

When the slave woke up, he was riding a horse with an arm wrapped around his waist. "You were asleep for so long, I had to take you or else we will never see your family" the prince's breath was too warm for his ear. Yoonoh was tired, Princess Boram is not fully well so the boy had to use his healing magic everyday, the prince knows it very well for he did not wake the boy up from his slumber.

 

 

"We have arrived" Yoonoh was the first one who got off the horse, the familiar scent of pine trees filled the air. 

 

"Yoonoh-" the prince hopped off his horse when a stray arrow appeared out of nowhere, Yoonoh was quick enough to block the arrow with his hand, the arrow piercing through his skin and flesh.

 

"Yoonoh!" The prince quickly pulled the boy's hand, making the younger chuckle.

 

"You do know...I can heal myself" Yoonoh pulled the arrow off as if it was nothing.

 

 

Soon, soft footsteps can be heard, the prince unsheathed his sword for protection. "Yoonoh?!" Joohyun emerged from the shadows, she then looked at the prince "You...why are you here?" She pulled a sword out, a group of elementals soon appeared from the dark. "Oh...they are my family" Yoonoh scratched the back of his neck. The prince looked startled but not in shock, unlike most people's reaction.

 

 

"Everyone, this is Prince Geunseok, he is...well...not as bad as the king" Yoonoh grinned, making the prince chuckle.

 

"Yoonoh, get away from him! You know he is as evil as his family" Joohyun scolded the younger.

 

"Would I bring harm to our community? Please trust me noona"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter