Fin.

끝까지 기다리다 (To wait until the end)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(September, 2018)

 

 

"So, the bad news is, we don't have the necklace and Sooyeon might come soon, but the good news is, we saved Taeyong from the evil forces" Joohyun explained as Taeyong looked at them weirdly. Jaehyun was drop dead sleeping for three days straight now.

 

"Uhh...I don't know what happened guys"

 

"Knew it, Jae hyung's bracelet had a tracking device, they made Taeyong hyung give it to Jae so they can monitor his movements, they are tricksters!" Jeno pulled his hair out of frustration.

 

"Taeyong, stay here for a while, it's dangerous for you to be outside" Joohyun gave him a cup of tea.

 

 

Johnny was busy looking out for Jaehyun, it amuses him how the boy can sleep for days just to get his energy back, he is a grandpa indeed, Johnny chuckles as he imagined a grandpa Jaehyun. "Do I look that funny to you?" Jaehyun coughed and Johnny stopped laughing "Are you feeling better now? Did you get your energy back?" Johnny asked, Jaehyun nodded and wrapped the blanket around him. Johnny ruffled his hair, making the warlock flustered, his ears turning red. Jaehyun really really likes the boy, whether he's Geunseok or Johnny, he just liked the person in front of him.

 

 

"Hey, I think I like you...more than a friend" he murmured, making Johnny sit still.

 

"And you don't have to like me back, just stay the same and enjoy this life, okay?" Jaehyun grinned, Johnny held his arm.

 

"Don't say that, just give me time, you're not that bad"

 

 

Time. Jaehyun has no time left, he will soon expire and vanish from this world, like how it was supposed to end 600 years ago.

 

 

 

 

 

 

(January, 1413)

 

 

"Yoonoh you stupid boy!" Geunseok wrapped his arms around the boy as the witch laughed, watching how the warlock was protecting a mortal.

 

 

"You are a fool indeed young warlock, you gave your heart and trust to a mortal who will lead you to your death" Sooyeon laughed before pulling the sword out of the boy's body and walking towards the prince. 

 

 

Yoonoh crawled, he was bleeding, yes, but he has to protect the prince. Yoonoh held Sooyeon's ankle "Please do not touch the prince, I am begging you" he begged, Geunseok was growling in frustration, the boy was stubborn. Sooyeon chuckled and laughed out loud, stabbing the prince on his chest before leaving the two. Yoonoh crawled to the prince. 

 

 

"No...I can save you my prince, please do not sleep" Yoonoh pleaded, the prince just smiled.

 

"S-slave, here is y-your necklace..." Geunseok smiled and handed him the necklace, wrapping his arms around the boy.

 

"Not in this lifetime, but the next time that we meet, I will embrace you tighter and I will never let you go" 

 

Yoonoh sobbed, and held the prince tightly, the necklace on his other hand. "I swear to the heavens, Sooyeon will be damned and imprisoned on this necklace, along with my life, I will die with her, I will meet my prince again, in another lifetime, where we can be together, I, a humble warlock, will wait for you and find you in another life" Yoonoh held the prince tightly. There were screams a few yards away from them.

 

 

"The witch disappeared!" A woman shouted, and slowly, the flame tribe vanished in thin air. 

 

 

"My Prince, I will see you in another life, I will be better and I will protect you"

 

 

 

 

 

 

(September, 2018)

 

 

"Jaehyun?" Johnny waved his hand.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"You okay?"

 

"Of course, I will...uh..eat dinner...haha" Jaehyun quickly stood up and went out, clutching his chest.

 

 

Even in another life, the prince hadn't hold him tighter. The prince let him go after that confession, Yoonoh was never meant to be with Geunseok, in any life. It just works that way. This was far more painful than being stabbed multiple times. "Hey, you okay?" Yoona asked him worriedly, the boy just nodded and went down to the kitchen. Yoona looked at him with pity "Don't feel too bad noona, I've lived for more than 600 years, I can say that I'm satisfied with this" he grinned but Yoona remained quiet.

 

"You are not happy, do not lie to yourself, child" 

 

"It's just that...maybe we were never meant to be THAT...even after centuries, we can never be together, fate has been playing with us" Jaehyun grinned, but his eyes showed grief and sadness.

 

"I will find a way to remove your link from the necklace, there has got to be a way" 

 

"Noona, the only way is to destroy the necklace"

 

Yoona looked at him with pity, he scratched the back of his head. "Time. I still have a few left, I will make the most out of it, I guess" the warlock grinned, this time, there was a bit of happiness in his eyes. Was it really this easy for a boy? To just give his life up for the sake of everyone, even sacrificing his love and feelings just to keep them safe. Was it ever this easy? How can someone smile at the thought of his own end. The thought of not experiencing love before dying, the feeling of waiting for nothing, how can this boy even fake a smile? 

 

"I heated up the pizza, here you go" Joohyun just left the pizza without saying a word. Of course Joohyun would hurt the most.

 

"Don't be too sad, it's not like it's a surprise death, it was my responsibility" the boy grinned, Joohyun just slammed the table.

 

"It's not easy to let go of a younger brother who I spent 600 years with, don't take it easily because people don't wanna lose you. Just because someone doesn't reciprocate your feelings, it doesn't mean no one loves you" Joohyun looked hurt, he couldn't even look at the boy. Jaehyun patted her hand.

 

"Hey, let's spend a lot of time together, noona, wanna share your bed again like the old days?" Jaehyun offered and Joohyun started sobbing.

 

 

It does hurt, knowing he will leave friends and family behind, but it will hurt more if he lives and people lose lives just because he's selfish and he demands more time. It does not work like that. He already lived for centuries and young people in 20s will lose their lives because of this 600 year old who wants to stay longer. Jaehyun has to destroy the necklace.

 

 

"Hey guys, look at the news" Jeno entered the kitchen, they all went to the living room and the screen flashed a breaking news.

 

"A huge explosion in various landmarks in Sou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter