(NEW!) Q&A

X Marks the Spot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before we start—with the Q&A, if you haven't read the previous chapter (o55: Home), go back! It's the last one! And please do leave comments, I would love hearing everyone's thoughts. 

 

I'm hoping I didn't, but I combined a couple of questions because they were quite similar—if I happened to miss yours, I'm so sorry, my brain's a jumble :') Without further ado, enjoy! There'll be a bonus chapter up this month, and also various short scenes up in Cutlass Drabbles. 

 

___________________

 

Q1 @Baekhyun: What do you really think about Jinqiong and Jongdae’s relationship?

 

Baekhyun: *squints at Jinqiong and Jongdae*

Baekhyun: Well…

Jongdae: I don’t really want his opinion, because it tends to be anyway.

Baekhyun: I was going to say something nice??????

Jongdae: Oh. By all means, then, continue.

Baekhyun: No. Hei and I are better. End of story.

*Baekhyun is shoved off the ship by Jongdae.*

 

Q2 @Taeyong: What do you think of the crew now that you see them everyday?

Taeyong: They are… something.

Luhan: I’m not sure if that’s supposed to be a compliment or a lot of shade condensed into two words.

Taeyong: I did not mean to insult anyone. Think of it as… overwhelming, but not in a bad way?

Chanyeol: Who made the biggest impression on you?

Taeyong: Kim Jongin.

Jongin: Oh my God, is it because we were drinking together? I like you.

 

Q3 @Jinqiong: What do you feel when you see Jongdae? How did you feel when you read the list?

 

Jinqiong: Irritation. He’s really annoying.

Jongdae: She’s lying, anyone can tell.

Jinqiong: Is this your question, or is it mine?

Jongdae: I’m going to bother you until you answer it correctly, so have fun getting rid of me. 

Jinqiong: 

*Interlude to when Jinqiong is alone and can answer the question without having to deal with Jongdae*

Jinqiong: Sometimes I still get overwhelmed seeing him. It’s really hard for me to think back to what he did for me on Junsu's ship and on the ice, but… I guess it’s not necessarily the bad sort of overwhelming? The list was pretty touching. And amusing. For all he boasts about being smart, couldn’t he have just memorized what I liked?

 

Q4 @Jongdae: Are you going to keep trying until Jinqiong tells you "yes"? Do you consider yourself a romantic?

Jongdae: Jinqiong, say yes.

Jinqiong: No.

Jongdae: As you can see, I’ll just waste my breath. She’s always been someone who values actions over words, so I’m not really concerned with verbal confirmation. I’m also smart enough to know when to take no for an answer unless I want my arm broken again.

Jinqiong: Good that you know I can easily break your arm.

Jongdae: That leads to the second part of the question. Even if I consider myself a romantic, which I don’t, it clearly doesn’t work with her.

 

Q5 @Taeyong: Did you ever think you would get out of Hell’s Gate one day or had you accepted your fate that you would be stuck there for eternity? And in that excruciating confinement, did you ever regret what you did?

Baekhyun: Why does Taeyong have so many questions?

Hei: Sh, let him answer them.

Taeyong: Er…I don’t really think so? In the beginning, I tried everything possible to get out, but I physically could not. I could not even die. I guess part of me hoped that one day, the spell would run out and I could either leave or just die. And yes, I did. I regret not planning it out better, I regret not having anyone to back me up, and I regret not thinking about what the consequences would be, for myself and for those in Fortuna. If I could go back to change what I did, I would not have tried to kill my father the way I did.

 

Q6 @Taeyong: What is the first thing you look forward to doing once out of Hell's Gate? Do you also have any plans to go after the rest of the family leaders?

Taeyong: I think I want to explore the most. I don’t know how the world is like now, and it would be interesting to look around and see what’s changed. And no, I don’t. I don’t plan on involving myself with them ever again.

 

Q7 @Hei: What is Baekhyun to you? What's your favourite part about him?

Hei: This question is going to feed his ego, isn’t it?

Baekhyun: My ego is fragile from how much you all poke fun at it, so I could argue that it needs some feeding.

Jongdae: That’s a lie.

Baekhyun: Can somebody him out of the room so I can lie freely? I want my rights.

Jongdae: Divorce. He wants to be able to lie to you.

Hei: I’ll have you know that this question is for me, and you’re both being tools.

Jinqiong: Nice. You shut them both up.

Hei: Well… to start, Baekhyun’s the most important person in my life? I guess it’s always been that way since I left Hua, even though it didn’t seem or feel like that in the beginning. My favourite part about him is how attentive he is to the smallest details, and never fails to notice and then try to help. He’s been like that since the first day, honestly. It’s really heartwarming. He believed in me when nobody else—including myself—did, which really helped me improve my power and let go of the influence my family had on me. Baekhyun's also just an all around great person to be around. It still amazes me that he's not only persuasive enough to pull together a crew of people who stay out of loyalty and friendship, but that he cares immensely for all of them and they do the same. I also really like the way he smiles or laughs, because it’s contagious and I end up doing so as well even if I try not to. 

Jongdae: Good job. I think he’s crying. Also, you were asked for your favourite thing about him, not a monologue of all the things you like about Baekhyun. 

 

Q8 @Baekhyun: What is Hei to you? What's your favourite part about her?

Baekhyun: Imma send Luhan outta here first so he doesn’t beat me up. He gets jealous easily.

Luhan: Why would I get jealous over you?

Baekhyun: You said it, then. Not me.

Luhan: I’m excusing myself on the basis that this’ll probably make me puke.

Baekhyun: Well, now that he’s out of the way… Hei’s… well, she’s my wife.

Jongdae: I hope you see that we are all boo-ing you right now.

Baekhyun: Shut up, I’m not finished. She’s my wife, because she’s the most important person to me and also one of my best friends. She’s someone who has supported me, who has stood up to me when I do something stupid, and someone who really helped me through a lot of struggles I was facing and still am facing. She’s also someone who really inspires me to be better, which I guess leads to the second part of the question? My favourite thing about her is how empathetic and kind she is. In full honesty, I have been at times annoyed by how she seems too softhearted at times because I believed that’s not something you can afford when you’re someone like me, but… I guess she also proved me wrong with Jungwoo, and even Jinqiong. Kindness can go a really long way, and it’s truly something that can touch others. The ability to look past your own hurt and suffering and to reach out to others is truly admirable, and that’s something I want to do as well.

Jongdae: Now I think Hei’s tryin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter