7. Smiles

Love Another

No one’s POV 

The two girls had a blush painted across their face and the two boys greeted them followed by giggles and snickers from their group of friends. They smiled at the two after a few seconds of recomposing themselves from their previous conversation. 

“So, since it’s lunch wanna grab some food from the convenient store by the cafeteria?” asked Walter. 

She smiled, “sure”. 

That earned another set of giggles from the group.  They chose to ignore it. Irene helped Walter grab his stuff as he was putting on his white shirt and they walked to the direction of the store. As for Joyce he just chose to rub his nape nervously while looking at the ground. The group behind them just giggled again. 

“Hey Joyce. We’re gonna head off to the cafeteria. Have fun” Jisoo said with a smirk. 

The others giggled one last time before walking off towards the cafeteria. Joyce watched them walk away but as he did he felt a pair of eyes on him. He turned towards Seulgi and caught her staring at him. 

He saw something flash in her eyes for a second then it changed to embarrassment and happiness. The emotion he saw before made his heart skip a beat. 

[What was that just now?]

“So... uhm. You wanna grab some food?” He asked her nervously. 

His nervousness surprised Seulgi as he was usually very confident around her. She put on her signature eye smile and replied, “Yes”. 

He put on his shirt and grabbed his backpack and gym bag. He looked around for Seulgi and quickly jogged to her once he spotted her waiting for him a few feet away. They walked to the convenient store that the other two walked towards. Joyce had his hands in his pockets while he followed her around in the store. 

He was still knew to the school so he didn’t exactly know what they sold here. Seulgi seemed to sense this and so she smiled and picked a snack for him. He rubbed his unitching nape for the second time today and just replied with a shy thank you to Seulgi. 

Both couples arrived at the tables almost simultaneously. They chatted with the rest of the group not noticing the weird looks Joyce and Irene were getting from certain fangirls and fanboys of Seulgi and Walter. 

The bell rang signaling that it was time for class. The group threw away their any trash left from their food and walked off to their respective classes. Irene, Joyce, Walter, And Seulgi had the next class together so they all walked there together. 

The class started a few minutes after they sat down. 30 minutes passed by and a student aid entered the class. They gave the teacher two excuse slips and then left. 

“Son Seungwan. Kang Seulgi. Take all your stuff and go to the office. Your fathers are at the office waiting for you”. 

The two sighed and packed their stuff. They had an irritated look painted on their face. Walter waited for Seulgi at the door. The two walked out of the class with a loud bang from Walter. 

Everyone flinched including Ms. Park. Ms. Park sighed and just continued on with the lesson. Irene and Joyce looked at each other in confusion and worry. 

The school day ended and Irene and Joyce went to Jess, Rośe, Li, and Jisoo. When they told them about Seulgi and Walter they weren’t that surprised. 

“It’s... normal?” Irene asked looking at them confused. 

“Yep” Li said. 

“Their dads always pull them out of their last class almost everyday to talk about business and their uhm...” Jess added eyeing the other three. 

“Their...?” The two asked. 

“Their arrange marriage...” Jisoo said and the air went cold. 

“Arrange... marriage...???” Irene asked getting nervous from the tense feeling in the air. 

“Yea... Seulgi and Walter are arrange to be married...” Rośe said almost above a whisper. 

“... to each other...” Jess finished it off with a sigh as he kicked an unsuspecting rock by his feet. 

The two widened their eyes and the four just nodded their heads slowly and looked anywhere else except Joyce and Irene. 

They were all pulled out of their thoughts when they heard a horn honk in the distance. They all looked towards the school gates and saw a black Mercedes parked directly at the gate. 

A man claded in a black suit exited the drivers seat and quickly ran around the front of the car and opened the back door and the front door. The man then looked to their direction and waited. 

The two people who were the center of their conversation walked past them towards the car without a single glance towards any of them. 

The two felt a strong pain pierce through their chest. The two were still in their uniforms with their schools bags on their left. 

When the two were 3 feet away from the man, the man bowed lower than a ninety degree bow to the two. They seemed to panicked and told the man something that made him smile and bow his head a little.

The two entered the car and faced forward. Before the black Mercedes drove off, the two looked their way with unreadable stares. Then they faced the front again and the car drove off.  

The whole group kept staring at the gate until Jisoo cleared . 

“So... yea. That’s how it always is nowadays. They leave class early and then either get picked up right when they were called or right after school like you saw just now” she explained. 

The other three just nodded slowly. “Better to get used to it now...” Li said. 

“Than later” Rośe finished. 

“Well.. I’m gonna go home. See you guys later” Jess said waving to them as he walked off towards the school parking lot. 

Rośe snapped out of her thoughts and ran after him calling his name. 

“Jess!!!” 

He stopped and turned around with a tight smile on his face that everyone else noticed but Rośe. 

She told him soemthing and Jess just smiled. They walked to his car and drove off without forgetting to wave goodbye to the rest of the group. 

Li and Jisoo just stared at their car. 

“They should really stop dancing around their feelings...” Jisoo stated. 

“It’s Rośe who’s blinded by puppy love but...” 

“Jess is just being a coward” Jisoo said with a finality in her voice. 

“Thats one way to put it” Li answered.

“Well, I’m going home. Do you have your car today Li?” 

“Yea. Need a ride noona?” 

“Yes please. See you guys later, Irene and Joyce” Jisoo said with a smile. 

“Good luck with those two” Li said adding a wink as he walked off with Jisoo. 

Irene got their message and just blushed. Joyce realized the meaning of their words after they saw the car drive off. 

Joyce was whispering words under his breath when he saw Irene still staring at the school gates. 

“You really like him don’t you, noona” he said voice laced with certainty. 

“Eh?” She blushed. “N-no”. 

“Ha! You totally do” Joyce said triumphantly. 

“S-shut up. I’m going home” She said. 

“Wait! Noona, you wanna come over? I got a new dog!” He said smiling. 

“Ehhhh?!??! S-sooyoung-ah... d-dog” she said slowly walking backwards. 

Joyce kept smiling and walked toward her. He grabbed her wrist and just dragged her to his car. “Let’s go!!!! Can’t let you mope around in your room all day” Joyce said. 

They got to his car and Irene just sighed in defeat. They drove off towards his house while she texted her mom about her whereabouts. 

Irene looked out the window with a longing stare and a frown on her face. 

 

 

Seungwan’s POV

 

Me and Seulgi got into the Mercedes. Before Mr. Kim drove off I looked at Irene in the eyes. She looked so sad and so hurt. I looked away right when Mr. Kim drove off. 

“Are you ok, Ms. Kang? Mr. Son?” 

“Hm?” We both asked. 

“Oh uh... yea. Why?” I asked. 

“You both looked hurt as you glanced at those two by your friends” Mr. Kim says. 

We both just laughed awkwardly. “You’re funny Mr. Kim” Seulgi said. 

“Haha. Just pointing out an observation Ms. Kang”. 

“She looked hurt. I sure didn’t” I replied with a smirk. 

“W-what? I was not! You definitely were though!” She said back. 

“N-no!” 

“Ahaha. Young love. You both have time but not much left, young masters” Mr. Kim said truthfully which shut us both up. 

A pregnant silence passed by until Mr. Kim broke it once more. “So what are the names of your lovers, young masters?” 

“W-what?!?” We both questioned. 

“They are not our lovers Mr. Kim!” I yelled in difference. 

“Nope. They definitely aren’t!” Seulgi agreed. 

“Haha. Yes yes. So what are their names, young masters? If you both don’t mind me asking” he asked once more. 

“We don’t mind. The girls name is Irene Bae Joohyun” I said with a smile on my face. 

“Ohhhh. What’s that creepy smile for??? Is Olaf actaully in love?” Seulgi teased. 

“W-what?!? I-I am not!” I denied with a red face and my arms crossed. “What about you and Joyce huh? I saw you looking, no STARING, at his abs while we were working out” I said with a smug look on my face. 

“I-I was not!! That Park is so annoying!” She said with a pink hue splashed across her cheeks. 

“Yea right! You were totally looking at Sooyoung’s abs this afternoon!!!” I kept teasing. 

“I was not!! But you on the other hand” she said smirking with a hint of mischievousness in her eyes. “You were definitely checking out Irene unnie when they came by and when you guys left for the store” she said with a smug look I just wanted to wipe off her. 

“W-was not. Stupid” I told her. 

“You’re stupid stupid” she replied back. 

We went quiet and just looked out the window. Another pregnant pause danced around the air as we looked out the window. 

“So, Joyce Park Sooyoung and Irene Bae Joohyun were their names if I heard correctly, yes?” Mr. Kim asked breaking the silence. 

“Yea” we said with a sigh as the car stopped in front of my fathers company. Mr. Kim got out of the drivers seat and quickly walked to our doors. 

We thanked him and got out. We proceeded to walk into the building and just went straight to the elevator as we nodded to the receptionist. 

We arrived at the top floor where my dad’s office was and waited at the door. His secretary, Mr. Nam went to the door and opened it for us. We thanked him, walked inside and saw both our fathers behind my dad’s desk that was in the middle of the room. 

“You wanted to see us” I said monotonously. 

“Yes. It’s about our deal, son” he said with a certain strick tone in his voice. 

Me and Seulgi started to sweat and just looked at each other. We walked to the two chairs placed in front of them and sat down. 

“Go on” Seulgi said with a questioning tone. 

2 hours later

“Fine! Give us until the end of the school year then. After the graduation, we’ll take them to own houses and ask them then. If one of them says yes then you guys have to STOP this whole thing. If they both say no then... do what you want then” I said as I sighed for the uptenth time in the two hours we talked. 

Seulgi just looked at me with worry in her eyes. I tried to reassure her but I knew it wouldn’t of worked. 

Our dads looked at each other and sighed. “Then it’s settled. Your engagement will be announce the day after your upperclassmens graduation if one those two you both mentioned today say no to you’re proposals” Seulgi’s dad finalized. 

“You may leave” my dad said with a finality in his voice. 

We both got up, walked to the door and then bowed to our father. We walked out and gave a curt smile to Mr. Nam and the receptionist. 

Mr. Kim was at the entrance like he always was. We got inside and drove off to Seulgi’s house. She got out and waved to both me and Mr. Kim before headin inside. 

Mr. Kim drove off to my house. We arrived and I told him to wait for me outside. I went in, grabbed a suitcase of clothes, bid goodbye to mom, and then walked back to the car. 

Mr. Kim drove once again. We stopped at a light brown house four blocks away from the school with my car parked at the drive way. I took my suitcase out of the trunk and thank Mr. Kim. 

I turned around to face MY house but turned back to Mr: Kim when I heard him say my name. 

“There’s a folder on your night stand that I thought you might like, young master. Think of it as a present for having your own house, sir” he smiled and drove off. 

I tilted my head to the side with one of my brows up looking at the car with a questioning look. I ahrugged it off and headed inside. 

I was amazed by the inside and took a few minuets to admire the kitchen. MY kitchen. Where I could cook and bake to my hearts content. 

After admiring the living room and the kitchen I grabbed my forgotten auitcase and headed up stairs to the masters bedroom. 

When I went inside I was surprised at how accurate my father had my room made. It fit me perfectlyz I set my suitcase down and then saw the folder Mr. Kim told me about. 

I picked it up and flipped to the inside of it. I widened my eyes and then a smile slowly started to form on my lips. Inside the folder contained Joohyuns personal information. Not much but just her phone number, her address, and the school she attended with some additional information about her family. 

I took my phone out of my uniform pants pocket and went to my contacts. I added her number to my phone and save her as “Baechu♥️“. 

My heart started to pound as my thumb hovered above the call and message button. I closed my eyes and just pressed a random button. When i opened my eyes, the screen showed that I was calling her. 

My heart pounded through my chest like it was trying to break through my chest. I put it on speaker mode and waited. After a few rings, the girl that’s been on my mind and that was the topic of the discussion I had with my dad, answered. 

“Hello?” she questioned. 

I dropped the phone and folder upon hearing her voice. It sounded so angelic like music to my ears. Her voice is officially my favorite voice in the whole wide world. 

I picked up the phone when I heard her say she was gonna drop the call. 

“W-wait. Uhm... s-sorry...” I said not knowing what to say. 

She asked, “Uhm who is this?”

“Your boyfriend...” I said with courage that came from somewhere I didn’t even know where. 

“ ... I’m ending the call...” she said questionably. 

“W-wait!!! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! It’s Walter haha” I said panicking.

“W-wait.... say that again” she asked unconvinced and confused. 

“Haha. It’s Walter Son Seungwan, Baechu” I answered calling her by the nickname I set as her contact ID.

“uhm... one moment please...” she said calmly. 

I stayed on the line and heard a someone scream in the back ground. I also heard someone saying something like “HOW THE HECK DID MY THE ONE I WAS THINKING OF GET MY NUMBER?!!?!?” 

I just chuckled. 

“I’m back. Hey” she said as if nothing happened just now. 

“Haha you sounded like you were in distress over there” said while laying down on my bed. 

“Y-you didn’t hear what I said d-did you??” She asked nervously. 

“Nope. Just the part where you said you were thinking of me” I siad with a smile as if she was with me. 

“Y-you heard that?” She said. 

“Haha yup. Stop biting your bottom lip, Beachu. I can see it from here”. 

“S-shut up!” 

“Haha you’re cute”.

”W-what?” 

I chuckled, “I said you’re cute. Like a bunny”.

“O-okay...” 

A comfortable silence walked through our conversation. 

“Y-you’re cute too. Like a hamster” she said quietly I almost didn’t hear if I wasn’t paying so much attention to her. 

“Haha thank you.” 

“Hey. Uhm. I’m sorry about not saying goodby to you properly today”. 

“E-eh? O-oh that. It’s ok. Jess, Jisoo, Li and Rośe explained to me and Joyce”. 

“You sure? You sound... hurt right now saying that” I said in a whisper. 

“Mhm. Yea I’m sure” she whispered back. 

Another long silence was dropped upon us but this time it felt heavier.

”Are you free tomorrow?” 

“Hm? Yea I think so. Why?” 

“Meet me at XXX park at 9. Don’t keep me waiting, princess. I don’t like to be kept waiting but you might be an exception” 

“O-okay. I’ll be there” 

“Good. I’ll see you then, gorgeous” I said with a smile.

“O-okay” 

“I can see you blushing from here. I have to go now, princess. See you there” I said in a whisper. 

“Okay” she whispered back. 

We stayed on the call waiting for the other to drop first. I just chuckled and said my final goodbye. I dropped the call first and just layed there satisfied. 

I fell asleep with a smile on my face with a certain onyxed eyed girl on my mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

————————————————————

A/N: I finally finished this chapter!!! I was having a hard time figuring out what to write for it. T^T. Finally done though. Sorry for the long wait y’all. Hope you guys had fun reading this chapter. Until next time wittle ones. 

New songs from them were bomb 🤧