5. Seeing You

Love Another

Seulgi’s POV 

Today, surprisingly, I woke up to my alarm. Usually, I almost always dont. It’s usually, my mother waking me up few minutes after or I get woken up by my driver, Seungwan. 

I got up off of bed and started to get ready. When I walked down the stairs and greeted my mother, she just looked at me like I grew another head. 

“What? Did I grow another head or something omma?” 

“Ani... it’s just... surprising how you’re already up and it’s only 6:30. Usually, I have to wake you up at 7:00.” 

“I know right? I don’t know, I just woke up to my alarm today omma. Anyways what’s for breakfast?” 

“Mulgogi, rice and stew” she said with a smile. 

“Yummy!! Thank you omma!” 

As I was halfway through my breakfast, the door bell rang. Mom went to dry her hands and went to goanswer the door. 

“Ah! Seungwan! You’ll never guess who got to the mulgogi before you.” 

“Nah. No way omma.” 

They walked into the kitchen laughing. Seungwan rubbed his eyes and scrunched up brows. 

“Huh. It really is you.” He said surprised. 

He walked up to me and placed the back of his hand on my forehead. 

“Yah!! I’m not sick you hamster!” 

“Haha. It’s a miracle! Now let’s see how this’ll last” he whispered to my mother. 

“I heard that” I frowned. 

We all laughed and Seungwan joined me. We ate breakfast and got ready to leave for school. I brushed my teeth, got my bag, and ran down the stairs to the door. 

“Bye, omma! See you later!” 

“Drive safe and get home early! Your appa needs to have a word with you!” 

“Dae!!” 

I quickly put on my shoes and ran to Seungwan’s car. I hopped in and buckled up. As soon as I was done, we drove to school. 

We got to school and was greeted by our four, well now five, friends: Jessie, Rośe, Li, Jisoo, and Yeri. We all walked to each other’s classes and dropped off everyone one-by-one.  

Today, I didn’t have any of them in my class. Even that Joyce guy who was, I admit, pretty handsome for a freshman. 

[Ugh. Did I just admit to myself that he was handsome?? What has gotten into me? Did Seungwan check my temperature correctly?]

I shook my head from side-to-side and check my temperature. Nope. Not sick at all. The bell rang and the teacher walked in. 

The whole class period, my mind wasn’t on the lesson, my mind was on something else. Well, more like someone. 

The bell rang snapping me from my daydreams. I was packing my stuff when I suddenly got a text messgae from Seungwan. 

🐹SeungSter🐹: Hey, Seulbear. Uhm... this kinda sounds like a lot but do you think you could ask your boyfriend to meet me at the track field right now? 

🐻SeulBear🐻Eh??? Boyfriend? Who’re you talking about Seung? 

🐹SeungSter🐹: Joyce, you pabo. Thought you already got him for yourself😉😏 

🐻SeulBear🐻Y-Yah! It’s not like that at all! I just met the guy yesterday! 

🐹SeungSter 🐹Haha. Just messing with ya. Anyways can you ask him to met me at the track field right now, please? 

🐻SeulBear 🐻Ugh. Fine. You owe me you 

🐹SeungSter 🐹Yes ma’am! Hehe. Thank you! 

I read his message and rolled my eyes. Then i took my bag with all my stuff in it and walked off to Joyce’s class. For the record, I only know where his class is because of yesterday when he walked me home. 

I arrived at his class and luckily he was still there with Joohyun of course just like he said yesterday. I walked over to them. 

“Yah! I was not you lazy-“ Irene didn’t get to finish as I cleared my throat. 

Joyce turned to look up at me with a smirk on his lips. 

“Well, look who it is. Ms. Beautiful is here to see me. What can I do for you today, hmmm?” 

I stared at him with disgust, with my heart fluttering in the background. 

“Stop with the flirting, Park. Seungwan wanted me to ask you to meet him at the track field right now.” 

“Oh! What for exactly?” 

I shrugged, “Not sure. He just said to ask you to meet him there.” 

“Okay. Well, I’ll be going now then. See you later, noona. Until next time, princess.” He said with a wink and that same smirk on his lips. 

I looked at him with disgust once more. He turned and walked out of the room with his bag. 

Irene cleared which snapped me out of my trance. 

“So, I see you’ve taken a liking to my annoying friend there, Seulgi-sshi.” 

“Ehhhh?!?!? Me? Haha!! You are funny Irene-sshi. Please call me Seulgi. You are older than me.” 

“Haha. Then please call me Irene or whatever name you are comfortable with.” She smiled at me. 

[Waaaahhhh. She has a beautiful smile accommodated with a beautiful body that fits her. With that killer smile and that killer body of hers, she surely has a line of suitors just begging to be her boyfriend.] 

“Okay then, Irene-unnie.” 

We talked for a while and surprisingly, we’ll be in each other’s company in our next class. So, we walked towards the class as we got to know each other more. 

I learned that Irene unnie is from Daegu and that she’s a senior this year. She’s already finished with most of her credits, she’s just attending the required classes so she could graduate. 

We got to class and sat down next to each other still talking about ourselves. Then the topic suddenly shifted to the two boys who were at the field at the moment. 

Before I could stop myself from asking, the words already came out of my mouth. 

“So you and Joyce? Together... or???” 

Hey eyes widen and she laughed. 

“Haha. Ani. Like I said before, we’ve know each other since we were kids. He’s kinda like my bestfriend. I dont see him that way.” 

“Ahhhh. Ok. Haha. Sorry. You guys just seemed so close.” 

“Haha. Yes, we are close but not like that. Say, have you... fallen for his wits already, Sseul?” She smilled mischievously. 

“Haha! Funny. You are funny, unnie. Ha! Me? Falling for someone like him? Impossible! Haha.” 

She just looked at me with her elbow on the table and he chin resting on top of her palm. She smirked at me. 

“Hmmm. Ok. But you can’t deny it for long Sseul.” 

“Haha. Im not denying it at all. I really dont have any feelings for him whatsoever.” 

“Mhmmm. Keep telling yourself that.” 

She turned around in her seat as the class started. We both looked out the window and looked at the sky. 

Then, all of a sudden Irene tapped my arm. I turned to her and she just points down onto the field. 

I tilt my head in question and just follow her finger. I look down and see Joyce and Seungwan still at the field, talking? 

The bell just rang and they have 5 minutes to get to class. We just looked at each other in confusion and then looked back. 

Just then, one of our classmates raised their hands. 

“Mr. Han. There are two boys in the field sir.” 

“Hmm. Really?” 

Mr. Han walked to the window and looked towards their direction. At this time, the two took off their blazers and uniform. The only thing they were wearing was their uniform pants. 

“It seems so. I’ll call the office to check.” 

Mr. Han walked to his desk and picked up the phone. He dialed the office’s number and told them about the two students on the field with nothing but their uniform shorts on. 

“Yes, I believe it was Son Seungwan and the tranferee, Park Joyce.” 

“Ahh yes. Yes. Yes. Thank you.” 

“No need to worry, the two are excused from their class.” 

“Mwo?!?” The whole classed erupted in question. 

“Coach Choi excused them from class to recruit Mr. Park for next semesters track and field team.” 

“Ohhhhhh.” The class said. 

As Mr. Han was explaining, I was busy looking towards them. Well, more like looking at his milky white abs, specifically. I heard someone snicker and so I looked up and saw Irene smirking again. 

“‘I really dont have any feelings for him’ huh. Seems like you’re not living up to your own words there Ms. Kang.” She still had that smile painted on her lips. 

“Ugh. For the last time, I dont like the guy unnie.” 

“Mhmmmm. Keep telling yourself that. Now stop looking and pay attention to class.” She said and took a quick glance at them. 

I smirked, “hmmm. What about you unnie? You sure you’re not eyeing my bestfriend over there??” 

Irene’s ears turned red. “A-ani. Im just looking to see if they’re alright.”

She looked away from the window and to the board. Past her shoulder, I could see a hint of blush on her cheeks. I giggled. 

[Hehe. This unnie has a crush on my hamster. I bet she was eyeing his toned abs ever since the two took off their shirts.] 

I looked back one more time at the two and bit my lips. They were turned towards our direction and I could clearly see his milky white abs. From the corner of my eye, I could see Irene looking, more like ogling, at Seungwan. 

The whole class period consisted of me and Irene unnie ogling at them. We said nothing and just silently accepted the fact that we were both falling for the two. 

Class ended and we were still staring at the two now running around the track. We didn’t notice the five heads popping in our peripheral vision with smirks plastered on their faces. 

We jumped back in shock seeing the fives heads beside ours. 

“You guys scared us there.” We said with our hands placed on top of our hearts. 

“Hmmmm. Eyeing your boys I see.” Jess said looking back at the other for who had the same facial expression as him. 

“You two like what you see??” Jisoo asked. 

“W-what do you mean? We weren’t—“ I started but was interrupted by Yeri. 

“Don’t denying it unnies. We could see the hearts forming in your eyes. I could also see you two drooling at the site of their abs.” 

“Y-yah!! We were not!!” 

They all bursted in laughter as me and Irene  were covering our red faces. 

Rośe suddenly clapped her hands to get our attention. 

“You guys wanna go check up on the two??” 

Everyone agreed. Me and Irene just looked at each other with beads of sweat rolling down our forehead and nodded.

The whole group walked over to field. Me and Irene decided to walk behind the five because we knew we couldn’t stop staring at the two. 

While being in the beack of the group, I noticed Jess’s quietness. He’s usually talkative but not as much as before. 

I nudge Irene’s side, “Unnie, doesn’t he seem off today? Jess?” 

“Hmmm?? I’m not sure, Sseul. You’ve know him longer than me but... yes I do think he seems a bit off.” 

We both just looked at him. Then he turned his head towards Rośe who was asking him a question. His face lit up but his eyes were filled with hurt as he looked at her. 

I turned to Irene and it seems as though she saw it too. 

Irene sighed, “One-sided love, Sseul. I guess she likes someone else and not him.” 

Then it clicked. Rośe told me who it was, the one she liked. She even said that the only person who knew was... Jess. 

“She likes Seungwan.” I whispered quietly only for Irene to hear. 

“O-oh. R-really??” 

“And... Jess knows. He’s known for a while. He’s the first person she’s told.” 

I look at Irene and I see her biting her lip. 

“What’s wrong unnie?” 

“Uhm... I think I should tell you this before you fall even deeper for him.” 

I tilt my head to the side, “What is it??” 

“Uhm... Sseul, Joyce has... has a fiancé at the moment. H-he doesn’t love her though. I don’t think.” 

“W-what do you mean?” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Annnnndddd this is so freaking late. I am so sorry. Anyways Merry Christmas everyone !!! Hope y’all had a great Christmas with your families. 

This is my late Christmas present fo y’all. It was supposed to come out yesterday but I had a fever and I fell asleep. Im so sorry. 

Next chapter will be out few days later. Stay tuned for that. I will have a few chapters in before New Year’s I hope. 

Anyways, until the next chapter everyone!!! Thank you for reading!!