6. Recruiting

Love Another

Seungwan’s POV 

I headed to the bathroom to take a nice long and cold shower. “This is gonna be a long week” I groaned walking into the bathroom. 

The cold water contrasted from the heat radiating off my body. It felt good though. I sighed in content.

After staying in there for 30 minutes or so, I got out and did my daily rituals. I dried myself off, went out the bathroom and put on my boxers and grabbed my black uniform pants.

Then I went back inside the bathroom to brush my teeth while I was putting my pants on. As I brushed my teeth, I looked behind my back then back to the front and then flexed. 

[Those morning workouts have really built you guys up. Haha. I should go and thank coach Choi later today for suggesting a morning workout for me.] 

I stopped and continued where I left off. I finished brushing my teeth and then went out and put on the rest of my uniform concealing rest of the muscles I’ve gained from Summer break. 

After putting on my uniform, I looked at the clock on the wall, noting that it was only 6:00. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs. 

I greeted my mother who was in the kitchen cooking breakfast. 

“Good morning omma. Mmm. That smells good. What is it?” 

“Haha. You say that with everything I cook, Seungwan-ah. Today, I decided to make an American styled breakfast, dear.” 

“Ooohhhh. Bacon and eggs with rice!” 

“Haha. Yes.” 

I helped her get the food set up and got the plates and utensils. After that, I went up the stairs once more and knocked on father’s study.  

“Appa. Breakfast is ready. Come down and eat with me and omma.” 

I waited for a bit for his answer. I heard a stern ‘I’ll be down in a bit’ from the other side. I didn’t bother replying and just ran back down to join my mother. 

I sat down and we waited for my dad to come down. After a few minutes I looked at my watch and then looked at the stairs. My mother seemed to notice my jittery self. 

“Eat up, dear. You know your father.” 

“Dae omma.” 

And so, I ate my portion of breakfast as quick as I could. After I finished, that was when my father came down. 

“Ah. Finished already, Walter?” 

“Dae, appa. I need to go now. I have to go and pick up Seulgi.” 

He nodded his head and then sat down in front of my mother. I took my plates and placed it in the sink washing it in the process. 

I dried off my hands and then looked at my watch again. I took my bag from the chair, kissed my mother goodbye and ran out the door, putting on my shoes beforehand. 

I ran to the garage and stopped right in front of my car, trying to catch my breath. I unlocked my car, got in and started up the engine. I go to the Kang's house after a few minute drive.

I rang the doorbell and was greeted by Ms. Kang’s smile. After eating breakfast(again) with the Kang’s, me and Seulgi drove to school. 

I bid goodbye to Seulgi, as I need to go to Coach Choi’s office today. I turned the door knob and regretted it dearly. 

The door opened and revealed Coach Choi and, one of my teachers, Ms. Lee making out on his chair. I closed the door and waited a few seconds. 

“Come in!” It was Ms. Lee who said instead of Coach Choi. 

I opened the door with her smiling innocently while Coach Choi was looking to his right with an obvious blush on his face. He cleared his throat. 

“So, what brings you here, Walter?” He asked. 

“You asked me to come here in the morning Coach” I stated. 

Then it seemed that he finally remembered why I was there. “Right! Right. So there’s this freshmen, Joyce Park Sooyoung. I here he’s one of the fast freshmen’s this year” he explained. 

“So what you’re saying is, go and recruit the freshmen and get him to play track and field with us?” I said wrapping my head around his explanation. 

“Exactly” he smiled, “Exactly what I want you to do, Walter”. 

“So when do you want me to show him how track works?” I asked. 

“Today during class. I’ve already excused the both of you and don’t worry I gave the kid a heads up” he explained. 

“Ok then Coach. Would that be all for today?” I asked as I slowly but surely walked back towards the door. 

“Yes. That is all” he clicks his tongue, “Actually, there is one thing.... knock first before entering now. Please pass that message down to the rest of the team”. 

I rolled my eyes, “Yes, Sir. Goodbye Ms. Lee”. 

She just smiled and waved to me, well more like smirked and waved but it’s whatever. I got out and headed straight to class. I got inside and sat down. 

I looked around to see if I had her for class today and unfortunately she wasn’t. I pouted and looked out the window. I was really lolking forward to seeing her today. I just shrugged. 

[Guess I’ll see the goddess Irene later on in the day. Wait did I just call her a goddess. Ugh this is really gonna be a long freaking week. She was so cute yesterday though, trying to focus on her project.]

I smiled to myself just thinking about her. I placed my cheeks against my palm and continued to look out the window as class started. 

Class ended as fast as it started today. I took my stuff and immediately went to the  classrooms to find Joyce. After looking into 6 classrooms and asking almost all the people in the halls, I finally found him. 

Joyce was in Ms. Lee’s acting class, talking, more like flirting with the girls there who seemed to be caught in his charming ways. As I walked in, Ms. Lee immediately saw me and gave me smirk as a greeting. 

[She must’ve known I was going here. Dang it coach. Out of all the classes he asks me to pick him up in, it had to be his girlfriends class.] 

I gave her an awkward smile and then proceeded to walk up to Joyce. 

“What’s up, Seungwan!” He said enthusiastically. 

“Sup” I said. 

We chatted for a bit about what workouts I was gonna show him. After a while we decided to head out onto the football field. Once we got there the bell rang for class. 

“Dang it’s hot out here” he said wiping off the sweat forming on his forehead. 

“Sure is. Ready to start?” I asked. 

He nodded. After a while it started to get really hot so we decided to just take off our uniforms. Luckily we both had shorts underneath it but we both decided on taking off out white shirts under the button. So now we were basically practicing with nothing but shorts on and multiple people staring at us from the school building. 

We finished the workout right when the bell rang and so we jogged to our stuff and dranks some water. The group came by and joked around with us. 

I looked around for the person I say staring at us(me) from the class I shared with her. After a few seconds of trying to converse with the five and looking around for her at the same time I saw her in the back of the group with Seulgi bitting down on her lip. 

I was confused nonetheless but I still walked up to them and greeted them both. Joyce followed in suit it seems. 

“Hey” we both said with a smile. Him to Seulgi and I to Irene. 

We all heard snickers behind our backs from the five we were talking to previously. 

They noticed our presence and seemed to lower their heads with a blush painted across their cheeks. 

“Hey” they said shyly at the same time. 

 

 

 

 

 

———————————————

A/N: So. So sorry for the late update everyone! I just started my junior year of high school 5 weeks ago and I’ve been bombarded with a ton of AP homework the past five weeks. My sincerest apologies. 

I will try to update this fanfic and the others to the best of my ability but no promises. Hope y’all liked this chapter even though it seems to boring to me. Until next time! 

Bye~~~