The berserker's grin

Pound us the witch drums
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VI. The berserker’s grin

 

 

 

Luhan didn’t know what pain was.

Sure, he heard stories but to actually feel it was beyond his experience. Another perk of being a vampire was surely the healing factor. Yes, physically hurting a vampire was possible but to do so it was needed to at least get close – what wasn’t very likely. Vampires were supreme beings to humans, wizards, other humanoids and most of the magical creatures, giving their natural abilities and the sore fact of being at the top of the food chain, making them natural predators. Of course, sunlight was their main, arch enemy but still the only enemy with the power to weaken and kill them - or so Luhan thought.

But that was before he met Min Yoongi.

Obscuruses, and therefore obscurials – so wizards that created the parasite within them, were only a legend since almost a century, giving the fact they were told to be extinct. When Sandara and Luhan firstly discovered that the young Slytherin is indeed hosting one they celebrated, as it made their plans easier.

Of course Luhan wanted to be the one to awaken the dark, uncontrollable force, even just to actually see it before his own eyes.

Then again now he kind of and maybe, slightly regretted it.

It wasn’t even the fact that Yoongi’s activated obscurus was big in terms of size or shape, giving it looked like a livid, black cloud of smoke, absolutely surrounding the boy to the point he wasn’t even visible. Yet, it was abnormally fast and powerful, driven by the wrath big enough to put werewolves to shame.

And no, Luhan didn’t know what pain was and to be frank, he felt none even when the obscurial grabbed him and started to fly while breaking trees with his body like they were matches. The area of suddenly cut trees could easily cover the size of two Quidditch stadiums but no, Luhan still didn’t know what pain was.

It was what happened later that changed his outlook completely.

Suddenly Yoongi stopped with the dragging and stabbed Luhan’s abdomen with his hand, piercing him through.

The vampire gasped, eyes shot wide as his whole body shivered with something he never identified before. He looked up to see Yoongi’s face being visible from the obscurial’s floating form.

“So this…is it, huh?” Luhan panted, trying his best to grin despite of his own blood coming from his mouth, making his words even more muffled “Watcha gonna do now, boy? Stab me with your bare hands all you want, you can’t kill me until the sun gets up”

“Oh no, I won’t kill you” Yoongi’s eyes were fully white and he sounded like having two voices – the regular and some other, both squeaky and deep at the same time “This kind of face cannot be wasted…But that doesn’t mean you need your head attached to the body!”

Luhan’s grin dropped, both at the vision and the recall of the words he used to threaten Kim Jisoo before.

With that Yoongi pushed Luhan off his hand, successively breaking them apart. The vampire fell on the ground to the pool of his own blood, breathless.

The black cloud surrounding Yoongi became small to the point his whole posture was seen. Luhan stared back at him with pure rage, not truly believing this was happening.

“You little, ing -“ the vampire snarled, somehow finding the rest of power within himself before he heard another voice.

“Berzerkia!”

Luhan could only blink before the thunder hit him, continually sending his whole body to the nearest tree and breaking it.

“For Merlin’s sake, stop cutting trees with me, I’m not a ing axe!” Luhan yelled, spitting on his blood while organizing himself from the knock and looking in the direction from where the spell came.

There stood Kim Jisoo, angry beyond words with her wand pointed at the vampire without even a trace of fear gracing her flawless face. What more, she was standing in the same line with Yoongi, who was still partly in the obscurial form.

That view was truly something, definitely making its way to Luhan’s memory forever.

“Well well well” he attempted to chuckle, another spat of blood coming out instead “Damn teenagers kicking my so easily…What a time to be immortal”

“Get out, bloodsucker” Jisoo gritted her teeth “And never come back”

Luhan smirked, looking between her and Yoongi, who was still changed but abnormally calm in her presence. Of course – if Jisoo was the bait to activate the obscurus she was most likely to cool it down.

“Really, doll? Won’t you miss me? We’re, kind of, the same y’know…Both born to mesmerize”

“As you wish, ” Jisoo sneered at Luhan’s cockiness as her eyebrow perked, just like her hand with the wand “Lumos solar-“

Suddenly Jisoo gasped for air instead of finishing the spell, again today feeling a strong grip around and body - but this time there were no vines coming from the ground. She managed to look to her side, spotting the same thing happening to Yoongi. What more – the obscurus was completely gone.

They were immobile and then hung in the air slightly, like if some invisible force was holding them.

 

Suddenly another cloud of smoke appeared, turning into a swarm of black butterflies and then into a person.

 

Jisoo and Yoongi winded their eyes in surprise and recognition upon seeing Sandara Park, the witch from Jungkook’s vision and their own little research.

 

She stopped before the two, looking up at them and narrowing her eyes, before they both fell on the ground next to her feet with a loud thud and need for air.

Then, without even a single word, Sandara approached Luhan’s wounded form and put a hand on his shoulder, before vanishing together with him in the same fashion she appeared.

Jisoo was panting rapidly in shock, before she sobered by seeing Yoongi crawling his way to her.

“Raven…You alright?” he coughed, cupping her cheek. Jisoo started to nod in answer before she felt tears coming to her eyes, trembling while trying to surpass the sob. Yoongi just smiled sadly, visibly trying to swallow his own weep as he managed to sat down, closing her in the embrace.

And then Jisoo lost it, finally letting her tears fall against his chest.

Yoongi bit on his lip, the recent events not truly kicking him yet. He put his chin on the top of Jisoo’s head and slowly scanned the area around them, seeing nothing but the pool of vampire blood and hundreds of fallen, cut trees.

It was all his doing.

“The headmaster is on the way” he finally said, already hearing some voices coming from the castle. At that Jisoo moved away from him, looking up to meet his stare.

“Then we need to get out of here” she said and then stood up, dusting herself off.

“Wait what, we?” Yoongi gaped and she nodded firmly “Jisoo, I’m an obscurial! I’m not about to drag you in this mess! And I can’t run away, I-“

“If you think I’m leaving you then think ing twice! And we’re not running away, especially with the tracking spell on us” Jisoo cut him off, wiping the remains of tears from her cheeks “But we need to…think”

Yoongi nodded, completely defeated and knowing well that she was right.

They just crossed a vampire and somehow Sandara Park – not to mention the obscurus. His obscurus. Surely, they needed a moment before facing the headmaster and his upcoming questioning.

With that Jisoo reached for her wand, waving it swiftly.

“Accio Suga!”

After few seconds Yoongi’s broomstick came to the sight, flying with super speed and stopping in the air just before them. Yoongi and Jisoo exchanged the final, assuring nod and jumped on the broom.

“Hold on little raven” he said, before feeling Jisoo wrapping her arms around his waist from the back as they took off “I know a place”

 

 

FEW MINUTES LATER

 

 

“Whose blood is that?!” Chaerin paled, pointing at the red mess near another broken tree “Jisoo’s? Yoongi’s?!”

“No” Yongguk shook his head, looking at his wand that was softly glowing in pastel-pink color “None of them is in physical pain according to the tracking spell…They’re fine”

“So who else was here?” Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows and then reached for his own wand, patting his watch by it for three times.

Suddenly the clockface opened, revealing a colorful radius that quickly transformed into a humanoid form.

“Jiji!” the newcomer grinned widely, while floating in the air and doing somersaults “I’m so happy you’ve finally decided to take me out for a walk! Really, living in your watch is sometimes a pain in the !”

“Seungri” Jiyong already felt his head pulsing in annoyance, but the help of the peculiar poltergeist was really necessary “Help us here and I’ll get you as much peanut butter as you want”

Yongguk just raised an eyebrow at the bizarre trade and overall situation in front of him whereas Chaerin just sighed, already as tired as Jiyong if not more.

Seungri, the most bothersome poltergeist in the history of wizarding world, was normally living in Jiyong’s watch, but the headmaster was charming him out of there if needed. No one really knew the story behind Seungri’s choice of accommodation, minus the fact that it was his own will.

“Fine” Seungri crossed his arms and then looked around “What’s that, Jiji? Did you cut enough trees to keep Hogwarts warm for next ten years or what?”

“This area” Jiyong opened his arms “Can you sense two humanoid forms here? They most probably left minutes ago…”

Seungri flew here and there while doing many different facial expressions, including wrinkling his nose and crossing his eyes. Yongguk was observing him with growing scowl but decided to cut it, seeing Chaerin raising her hand as if telling him not to ask. He obeyed.

“It’s not two Jiji, I smell three humanoids and one human…” finally Seungri said, levitating above Jiyong with crossed legs “The almost-veela, the one who shouldn’t exist and this one-” with that he pointed at the pool of blood “That old friend of yours that’s always alive until…”

Everyone grimaced at Seungri’s bizarre choice of words until they saw the blood evaporating as soon as the ray of just raised, morning sun landed on it.

Jiyong felt his jaw clenching, the old friend hint burning down his memory lane. Of course.

“He was supposed to be dead…” he snarled before looking up at Seungri “And the fourth one? Who’s that?”

“Oh, Jiji” Seungri giggled before coming back to the watch “But you know that already…They always dance together, no matter what. He bent the knee after all…”

Jiyong gritted his teeth and kicked the stick lying on the ground next to him.

When he got alarmed and thus woke up while feeling the obscurus near the castle he was sure it was only Min Yoongi and somehow, unluckily, Kim Jisoo.

He was sure it was the obscurial going after another student – what nearly got him a heart attack nonetheless, but now? Now it looked like his worst nightmares were coming true.

Sandara definitely wasn’t playing around anymore, especially if Seungri was right about her companionship.

“! ing bloodsucking deer, !” he yelled, making Yongguk and Chaerin jump, before looking at them with pretended calmness “Get Jisoo and Yoongi back and then come to my office…The just hit the fan”

With that he made his way back to the castle, but not before charming the broken trees back to the original state with a wide swing of his wand.

Yongguk crossed his arms and gazed at Chaerin, who was panting and being surely worried.

“Can you please help me understand what the hell just happened?”

“Luhan was here…And if Luhan was here then so was Sandara Park”

“Luhan?” Yongguk blinked his eyes, pointing at the place where the blood just was “That Luhan? The vampire-auror that got missing and presumably killed years ago? How come?! And wait, with Sandara? The Sandara? How the do they know each other?! And how do you guys know him?!”

“It’s a long story…A very, very long story” Chaerin sighed “Where are the kids?”

Yongguk clenched his jaw, confused more than before but swallowed the curiosity and reached for his wand that glowed in soft-pink again. First things first, after all.

“The wild elf-beach”

“Got it” Chaerin nodded and pulled out her hand to him “Shall we?”

“Apparition?” Yongguk grimaced “I thought it’s banned in Hogwarts…Not to mention I hate it”

“We’re not technically in the castle nor going there, genius” Chaerin rolled her eyes and urged him, waving her fingers a little “Come on, stop whining”

Yongguk groaned but took her hand and then they were gone in a quick swirl.

 

 

LATER

 

 

“What do you think is gonna happen now?” Jisoo asked, unknowingly snuggling to Yoongi more.

He just shrugged but put his temple on the top of her head, sighing and somehow enjoying the odd moment, accompanied by the ocean breeze and the sunrise. Yoongi really liked this wild beach forty miles away from Hogwarts, rumored to be inhabited by elves but honestly, he never saw one.

“Whatever headmaster Kwon will decide I don’t care” Yoongi said “That bloodsucking son of a is gone and you’re safe and sound. It’s all that matters”

Jisoo couldn’t hold the grin, even giving their hectic night and its outcome.

“The headmaster will figure something out, he’s not stupid after all…” she moved a little to look up at him, her voice stern “And don’t think about the vampire bastard. I wanted to fry him, too”

“Yeah, I saw that” Yoongi chuckled at the memory and then nodded with serious astonishment “You really do have claws, little raven”

“What have you been expecting exactly?” Jisoo rolled her eyes “A damsel in distress?”

“Never”

With this last word Yoongi leaned down to capture her lips with his.

Jisoo wasn’t really surprised as she was thinking about doing the same thing, quickly responding to the kiss.

It was obvious they liked each other and none of them was fighting the attraction, but probably it was everything what happened just hour ago that pulled the final string. They escaped the life-threatening situation after all, and circumstances like that always tended to work as a great wake-up call.

The kiss deepened, with Yoongi even softly biting on Jisoo’s lower lip at what she adjusted herself, moving her body to sit on top of him. She linked her arms around his neck, closing any distance between them completely and Yoongi just smirked across her lips, never breaking apart.

Suddenly they heard someone coughing soflty.

Jisoo and Yoongi gasped and parted away, looking up and spotting a very amused Chaerin.

“Ms. Lee!” Jisoo blinked her eyes and stood up, dusting herself off. Yoongi quickly followed and so they both were standing still in front of their teacher, both burning red.

“Ms. Lee! Um, we were just…”

“Spare me, Min” Chaerin raised her hand, shutting him up “We gave you two enough time already”

At that their heads dropped, the embarrassment being unbearable.

“Anyway…Are you two ok?” finally Chaerin asked, this time serious. Jisoo and Yoongi exchanged the stare before nodding at her gently but assuredly. She seemed to be scanning them, looking for any bruises or wounds but found them fine, releasing the breath of relief. Finally the whole trio looked to their side, spotting another person approaching them. It was Bang Yongguk and he looked…green.

“Is your stomach ok now?” Chaerin crossed her arms, and the auror just side-eyed her. They all swallowed the urge to chuckle.

“Alright then, time to get back” the teacher said and clapped her hands.

“Apparition again? Over my dead body” Yongguk growled and then pointed at Yoongi’s broom “I’m confiscating this!”

“Are you even allowed to do that, Mr. Intern?” Yoongi’s eyebrow cocked teasingly and Jisoo echoed him in soft snickers.

“Sue me, son” Yongguk snapped and got on the broom “There’s no way in hell I’m ever doing apparition again! I’ll see you in the headmaster’s office”

With that he flew off in the direction of Hogwarts, what only awakened his reflux again.

 

 

LATER

 

 

“You knew?!” Yoongi cried at the headmaster, and he crossed his arms.

Yoongi was currently in Jiyong’s office, together with Yongguk while Chaerin assisted Jisoo to the hospital wing for a quick check-up.

As predicted, they wanted to hear what happened in the forest so Yoongi didn’t hesitate and told the whole truth. Somehow though it looked lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter