The seer's blindness

Pound us the witch drums
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

III. The seer’s blindness

 

 

 

It was hard to process for Jungkook what he saw as it was the mixture of speedily changing images flashing before his eyes.

One thing was certain – the had the vision.

When his gift manifested for the first time he was barely five. It quickly became painfully obvious that he’s supposed to see beyond the ability of normal wizards but never the future. How and why it changed now - he had no idea.

Jungkook however knew other things.

First of all, his head was still spinning. Secondly, it was the middle of the night and he woke up in the Hogwarts hospital wing, as one of the alleged patients giving his position and place.

And finally thirdly – Park Chaeyoung was curled up on the chair next to his hospital bed, sleeping deeply.

 

 

LATER

 

 

“Headmaster Kwon I’m telling the truth, I’m not sure if that was a vision” Jungkook practically cried, already tired and annoyed by the little interrogation that was going on.

“According to Park Chaeyoung your eyes went completely white and you started to shake before hitting the ground like a ragdoll” headmaster Kwon adjusted his tie, definitely as tired as Jungkook if not more “This is the very basic portrayal of how other people see seers when they experience the visions of the future”

That shot Jungkook up because honestly, he wasn’t aware of the fact.

“Ok then” he folded his fingers, taking a deep breath “It was very chaotic…”

“That’s normal” Park Bom, the divination teacher who was also present by his bed, stated “But there must’ve been something standing out from all of those images”

“Not really, honestly…I saw like practically every Hogwarts student and other basic images, you know, in between…A road, a tree, sea, a car, a field of corn”

“Have you seen this lady?” suddenly Bang Yongguk, also somehow present there, asked while pointing at the picture on the first page of the archived issue of the Daily Prophet he was holding in hand.

Jungkook couldn’t help but read the headline.

 

Sandara Park losing the election by 1 vote!

 

“No, I don’t recall her at all” Jungkook lied “I would’ve remembered…She’s hot!”

“She could’ve been your mother Jeon, so hold your bloody hormones” Jiyong rolled his eyes and then stood up, ready to leave “Get some rest, officially you have two days off before I see you back in the class”

With that headmaster Kwon, Chaerin, Yongguk and Park Bom made their way out, seeing the rest of the eleven by the entrance, evidently ready to change the shift with the teachers by Jungkook’s bed.

“You’re free to visit him” Chaerin said at the group while passing them before speeding her steps to level up with Jiyong, who was already halfway back to his office “Jeon is lying”

“Of course he is” Jiyong clicked his tongue “How come we’re so unfortunate that the only one seer we have is a bloody Slytherin?!”

 

Everyone was swiftly by Jungkook’s side, to what he reacted with reaching for his wand and quickly casting a muting spell around them.

“Folks” he started “If what I saw is true then we’re ed…Kinda”

There was a mixture of gasps, whines and crossed arms with perked eyebrows.

“Since when do you see the future?” Yoongi asked “I thought it’s only auras or what-the -ever you call it”

“It was the future” Jungkook’s voice was raised and firm “I’m sure of it”

“Does the headmaster know what you saw?” Namjoon asked, knowing well why Jiyong was here moments ago.

“No, I lied to them”

The whole group went silent, manifestly waiting for Jungkook to continue. And so he did.

“I saw all of us although the images were flashing too fast to memorize it all…There was also this lady Yongguk showed me, um, Sandara Park…She was repeating some sequence during my whole vision”

“Which is?” Lisa pushed.

“I don’t know, I mean…” Jungkook scratched his temple, clearly embarrassed “I think it was in some pretty flown language…Slavic I guess”

“You know there’s thirteen Slavic countries and each has different language?” Jennie retorted before being softly elbowed on the ribs by Chaeyoung.

“Something else in the vision?” Namjoon encouraged “Something significant, standing out from the rest?”

“Yeah…” with that Jungkook took a deep breath and pointed his finger at Taehyung “You” then he looked at Seokjin “And you”

Two called boys exchanged a puzzled stare.

“What?! How?”

“You were there just longer and more visible than the others” Jungkook sighed “This whole ing vision was practically only about us…About our eleven…But you two were kind of in the spotlight”

“Um…Was the vision more, you know, bad or good themed?” Hoseok finally voiced out the question that was lowkey hanging in the air.

“Dunno” Jungkook shrugged and laid down on his bed more, ready to go back to sleep “But we were there. Others too but it was about us…Or towards us, I don’t know…It’s the first vision I’ve ever had, I don’t know how to read it yet”

Seokjin and Taehyung tried to organize themselves although it was certain they felt troubled and filled with worry.

“You guys know visions like that tend to change, right?” suddenly Jisoo spoke, finally looking from her tensed brother as if trying to reassure him and everyone else with square facts “They’re not really…on point. Also it’s not like we heard something scary or disturbing that should put our guard up”

“She’s right” Jennie, Yoongi and Namjoon said in the same time with the girl to continue “We shouldn’t panic, it’s not gonna help”

Somehow everyone smiled and released the breath they didn’t know they were holding, as the rational voices of Ravenclaw and Slytherin really soothed them.

“But still…What do we do now?” Chaeyoung asked, automatically looking at Namjoon.

“Now? Now we need to face the fact that we’re in this together, like it or not” Namjoon stated and crossed his arms, slowly looking between them all “And we need to find out who the hell is Sandara Park”

 

 

NEXT DAY, SANDARA’S MANSION

 

 

“This is un-ing-manageable” Luhan groaned while shutting the Romanov book and throwing it across the room “The guidelines are so complicated I’m already developing a headache of the lifetime, and there’s a pretty long one ahead of me!”

“Don’t be so dramatic” Sandara said after stopping the book in the air without even looking at it “And don’t throw it around – it’s an antique, not a piece of muggle”

“Yes boss, yes ma’am” Luhan saluted bouncily before becoming serious again “We have all the ingredients, we have the sequence, we have the host and we even have the caster but still - the wolf is a puppy and the obscurus hasn’t even manifested yet! We could wait years! I don’t want to wait, we should do it now!”

“You’re abnormally inpatient for a vampire” Sandara stated and then charmed the book back on the table “True, Park Jimin is not fully grown but it’s the matter of few full moons before the woods will start calling him. As for Min Yoongi, well…” she closed her eyes and crossed the arms, evidently thinking deeply “He’s a complex obscurial...It’s pretty odd he’s even hosting it, the kid is ok – good muggle family, good background, passable grades, plays Quidditch, reserved because he wants to and not because he has to be, hasn’t been abused in any way…He’ll need a solid whip to activate it”

“Should I threaten him?” Luhan offered and at that Sandara just glared.

“I said solid whip, not some patency – crossing a vampire will get him scared, not manifest something as powerful as obscurus…No offence”

“Non taken”

“You will spy on him, the kid must have some buttons to push. And spy on Park Jimin, too”

“Of course!” Luhan grinned before sliding his tongue along his suddenly visible fangs “Yay, new besties!”

“Control your appetite” she scowled at him with importance “You stopped ageing at eighteen, Jiyong will surely recognize you even after all those years. Not to mention that ex-colleague of yours in disguise”

“Yeah, Yongguk…One tough son of a ”

“They’ll sense you so you need to be absolutely discreet”

“Oh no worries, I will go incognito!”

With that Luhan turned into his newly mastered animagus form and Sandara just blinked rapidly at the animal, before sighing and massaging her temples.

“Is your animagus really…a bat?”

Shortly he came back to his normal form.

“What? Just because I’m at the top of the food chain doesn’t mean I don’t have a charming sense of hum- Hey! Where are you going?”

“I have a meeting tomorrow so I need to prepare a little gift for my date” she said while standing up from the table and vanishing in the dark cloud of black butterflies that turned to smoke and then to absolutely nothing.

 

 

NEXT DAY, HOGWARTS

 

 

Jisoo entered the wooden bridge while going to the Clock Tower when she saw a group of Ravenclaw fifth years on the way from there.

She just sighed and rolled her eyes, not changing or slowing the path whatsoever.

Surprisingly it was Ravenclaw, not Slytherin, that was making the biggest fuss out of the fact that some students – so her and Namjoon – were selected to attend separated classes.

Jisoo didn’t feel like explaining herself or the whole situation, especially to younger housemates but also generally people, since she already told her two best friends to off. She was spending meals in the main hall by the Hufflepuff table with her brother and had new classmates and dormmates anyway.

So as always – she couldn’t be bothered.

The thing was – Jisoo wasn’t exactly a socializing type. Sure, she had friends and was obviously popular – if not the most popular in school – but she herself wasn’t trying to approach anything and anyone if not necessary, needed or truly, but really truly, wanted.

She was a social butterfly and a lone wolf at once but with some attitude, too. But that wasn't a basic Ravenclaw trait apparently, as Jisoo felt like all her housemates were, more or less, the same. Thus saying she was a bit bored and the fact that she was put under one roof with new people wasn’t as bad as she tried to portray it to be.

With that she held her head higher and started crossing the bridge, completely ignoring Nayeon’s, Tzuyu’s and her own younger wannabes on the way.

She passed by them and heard muffled giggles, before one of the girls called her.

“Hey, Kim Jisoo!”

She turned around almost unknowingly, just to see a cup of yoghurt flying straight at her.

Before she managed to reach for her wand, or just accept the fact that her robe and hair will be destroyed, she saw a palm catching the cup right before her face.

Jisoo gasped and looked to the left, seeing Min Yoongi and his stretched hand, glaring at the group of younger girls and thus with his profile facing her.

“She’s lactose intolerant” Yoongi said in that deep voice of his and threw the yoghurt back at the Ravenclaw fifth years, successively aiming at their shoes.

The girls didn’t even manage to say a thing as Yoongi waved them off, coming back to leaning on the railing of the bridge, fronting the forest view and doing whatever he was doing there before the incident.

Jisoo needed a second to process the fact of being saved by the quiet Slytherin she was strangely attentive to since the moment he stepped in Hogwarts at the beginning of fifth year. She tended to always spot him even in the biggest crowd and register how often he liked to change his hair color, or how he was almost constantly lollipops.

Well maybe, slightly and just a little she had a negligible sort of crush on him.

With that Jisoo could just stare at the huffing girls who turned to leave and then at Yoongi’s back.

“Good reflex” she began, clearing .

“Quidditch. I’m a chaser” he stated the fact she already knew, too.

“I would’ve handled them…You didn’t have to do it”

“You’re welcome” he chuckled under his nose and Jisoo was about to do the same if it wasn’t for something in his hand that caught her eye.

“Hey” she pointed “You have this funny smoking muggle thing!”

“Cigarettes?” Yoongi asked, finally moving his head to be face to face with her, the smoke escaping his nostrils “Well well, is our main veela smoking by any chance?”

So he was a smoker – that was explaining his enthusiasm for lollipops then.

“I have some muggle friends, you know” Jisoo rolled her eyes playfully “And so I used to do it…Not in the school though”

“The teachers here don’t pay attention…They think it’s some weird muggle tradition” Yoongi smirked “Want some?”

Jisoo shrugged.

“Sure”

He gave her the pack and then lit up the picked cigarette already in with soft incendio. Jisoo inhaled deeply and closed her eyes, a smile coming to her face.

“, I’ve missed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter