Chapter 7

In Love With My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Donghae POV]

 


Apartment, 3AM


Ah, nothing is better than a cup of warm chocolate and cookies on the balcony at 3 AM. I sigh and wonder why am I still not sleeping. I mean it is good for a whole "me time!" but I am not used to sleeping late. Oh well who cares, I'm continuing this new and fun routine, it's nice to see the night sky. I chuckle to myself as I sip my drink and call my cat, Jade. "Jade, come here." Jade meows as she runs to me. I grin as I watch her getting nearer. Jade is a true beauty. She only has one eye, and it has a light greenish-blue colour, which is beautiful to look at. Her fur is white as I take good care of her. I met her when I was walking out of my apartment to go to work, only to see her outside of my apartment building, wet and hungry. I fell in love with her and took her home without any hesitation. "You are special to me, you know," I say to Jade as I pet her, "As special as him." Jade purrs in response and I chuckle. "I know that you will understand me. I wasn't talking at myself all these time." I grab a cookie and eat it. "Jade, what do you think of him?" Jade gets up and tilts her head, looking at me. I followed her in confusion, "What do you mean?" Jade just meows. To be honest I don't really know what she meant so I just shrugged it off. As I was thinking of Hyukjae (which i do 24/7, I don't care anymore duh as long as I don't spoil Hyuk and his girlfriend's relationship), Jess suddenly pops up in my mind. I smiled as I recalled seeing her very happy with Kangin. The both of them are dating, after he helped Jess when she was really struggling which made her trust Kangin a lot and it turned into love. Kangin looks happy too, he said that Jess is his first love and he is very lucky to get such a beautiful girlfriend.

"Wish I was like that with my love life too."

Suddenly, my phone started to ring. Eh? Who is calling me in the middle of night? I picked my phone up and read the caller's name.


"Hyukjae: calling..."


"OHMYGOD-" my phone nearly slipped off my hands as I yell in shock. I answered, "Hyuk, why are you calling me? It's three in the morning, is there something wro-" 

I was interrupted by his deep and somehow drunk? voice.

"Hae, I like you."

 

Oh.

 

[3rd person POV] 


Donghae sits still in a shocked state. He hasn't replied to Hyukjae who kept repeating "I like you". He does not know what to feel, he is happy and would of course be disappointed if Hyukjae does not mean it because well, he is drunk. Donghae replied him, " Hyuk, are you okay? Where are you, are you home?" Hyukjae laughs and hiccups, " I-I am at Haaaan Riv-verrrr... Guess w-what... I broke up with my girlfriend...! She cheated on...me!" *hiccups* I feel happy... But I also feel sad..." Hyukjae started wailing and kept repeating his words. Donghae sighs and walks out o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter